• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Joining PC

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I don't know. There used to be significantly fewer people that got on my nerves. Something about giving bad advice in S&M made me want to join.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I joined PC because I wanted to join a new community that was based around Pokemon :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    *cough*Shiny Gold*cough*

So yeah, I was looking at Tamashii's videos (youtube, long story XD) thinking "Woah, you can hack Pokemon" :O So yeah, after that, I searched until I stumbled upon Shiny gold and PC. Then, I joined, lost interest in ROM hacking (lol) and yeah...that's my story. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I joined EVERYTHING in my noob days. Hayate is who referred me.

I don't even know why I'm still here, but apparently to help people with questions I can answer and out of curiosity as to if/when I get offered a staff position.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I joined around October last year, but recently I got a new account for the quick name change from Aero. to what I am now. However, I was never referred here nor was ever even looking for a Pokémon forum to join at first. I guess I ended up finding this place while searching for some information on Pokémon movesets and such information closely related to this.

When I found this place, out of curiosity I just started looking around in it. Then, it wasn't long before I joined to learn new things and meet new people who share the same interests as me [Pokémon]. Ever since then, I've grown to the Community, met those many friends's I thought about before and I've seen the forums change over time. I don't plan to leave anytime soon but just continue growing with it. I can tell you this, I never regret joining PokéCommunity because it is one place that gave me a different perspective on things.

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
    Years
    I joined because I was looking for a place to talk about Pokemon, specifically to battle people. I found it through the sacred, magical powers of Google and the first thing that popped up was PC, and the rest is history.

Years
    It's in mah profile LOL. XD

Spoiler:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Those are really interesting reasons why people joined. I actually made two accounts at one point, but abandoned the other one.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    My friend told me about it. I was reluctant to join a first, but then I did, and, despite my random long term absences, I've enjoyed it.

But I get bored of things easily, and, unfortunately, this appears to be one of them. I keep logging on, wondering why I'm wasting my time on this and logging off for about a month or so, then realizing I have nothing better to do and logging back on for two or three months, and the cycle repeating itself.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    My friend's friend friend showed my friend who wanted to download a new game, he showed me the site and i got into ROM hacking and then I got into the OT a lot :P

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I joined because I had the hopes of becoming a Mod, not for myself, but for others. I wanted to help the members of PC, as well as PC itself. I wanted to try my best to make the community grow and just all around become a better place. When I joined PC I had each and every one of you in mind.

Spoiler:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Yay storytime?

I was a member of another forum that claimed to be a pretty big one (even though it was actually rather simple and fairly unknown compared to most other boards anyway), but hey, it got a spot on Bulbapedia and whatnot. Through that, HKim came along and told us about this interesting little idea called the Roleplaying Olympics. Basically, members from all kinds of big Pokémon boards would sign up for it and then go to other boards to roleplay and generally have a good time with each other. Points were involved, but despite being the judge-representative of my homeboard (because I thought it was an awesome idea and frequented the RPG forums anyway), I don't even remember how it worked.

So, anyway, our first location (and, really, only) was PC. Hence, I signed up for an account to participate in the competition, poking around every so often after I did my duties over on the competition thread. The Olympics flopped shortly after thanks to inactivity from several of the teams, but I kept the account because the board looked interesting. It wasn't really until 2006 or so that I started really getting into it because the PFF&P is awesome.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Yay storytime?

I was a member of another forum that claimed to be a pretty big one (even though it was actually rather simple and fairly unknown compared to most other boards anyway), but hey, it got a spot on Bulbapedia and whatnot. Through that, HKim came along and told us about this interesting little idea called the Roleplaying Olympics. Basically, members from all kinds of big Pokémon boards would sign up for it and then go to other boards to roleplay and generally have a good time with each other. Points were involved, but despite being the judge-representative of my homeboard (because I thought it was an awesome idea and frequented the RPG forums anyway), I don't even remember how it worked.

So, anyway, our first location (and, really, only) was PC. Hence, I signed up for an account to participate in the competition, poking around every so often after I did my duties over on the competition thread. The Olympics flopped shortly after thanks to inactivity from several of the teams, but I kept the account because the board looked interesting. It wasn't really until 2006 or so that I started really getting into it because the PFF&P is awesome.

The Roleplaying Olympics sounds pretty cool! Something like that happening again would be awesome.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I joined for three reasons:

-it's a big forum
    -the staff, for the most part, are friendly and approachable
    -it doesn't resemble another big forum that I ended up quitting. >_>

Haven't regretted joining since.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I joined for three reasons:

-it's a big forum
    -the staff, for the most part, are friendly and approachable
    -it doesn't resemble another big forum that I ended up quitting. >_>

Haven't regretted joining since.

I'm of this mind as well. Most big forums feel almost cold and, even with all of the members, you tend to feel a bit on your own. Here we have an amazingly active community but it feels very comfortable and homey.

Back