• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journeye' Reborn (OOC)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • OoC Thread for:
    Journeye' Reborn
    Journeye' Reborn (OOC)

Oliver Rettington IV [Kay11190]

Spoiler:

Colette (Cole) Rivière [Sewaddle]
    Spoiler:

Jacob Gallier [PokemasterX]

Spoiler:

Alexandre de Château-Renauld (Alex d'Epinay) [Doctor Who]
    Spoiler:

Anya Sklarenova [SelenaStar]
    Spoiler:

Ethan [First Snow]
    Spoiler:

Biography:
    Spoiler:

Technology:
    Spoiler:

Culture:
    Spoiler:

How to Play?

Spoiler:

Starters

Spoiler:

Certain Rules

~ The rating T, so try to keep the level of violence to say, a PG show.

~ Be active. If you only hang around PC for one week at a time or so, don't sign up.

~ I play some NPCs, including the assistants at the gyms, gym leaders, bandits, and so on. I'll also play as a "helper" which is a minor-ish character in which she may give you hints, and advice throughout the RP.

Character sheets

Name:

Age: (Owning pokébeasts under the age of 16 is illegal, so 16+ please)

Appearance: (Picture or text)

Personality: (Are you a neurotic, insecure egotist? Or a blood thirsty tree-hugger?)

Background: (Just a little, or big, story of your character's life so far. Just remember, we're living in the medieval age here. Intergalactic space travelers need not apply)

Starter Choice:

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • can we catch pokebeasts in the rp? also, even though it says herbs are supposed to be bitter, since my char know how to mash berries(can i make up berry names or do i have to use the ones in the anime/games?) can mine have all kinds of flavers depending on my choice? That is 3 questions :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • can we catch pokebeasts in the rp? also, even though it says herbs are supposed to be bitter, since my char know how to mash berries(can i make up berry names or do i have to use the ones in the anime/games?) can mine have all kinds of flavers depending on my choice? That is 3 questions :)

You can catch pokebeasts, of course. :3 I'm going to make it so that you'll have a selected list of pokebeasts you can catch in each route, BUT, if your not satisfied with the list, you can ask what pokebeast you want to catch that's not on the list here in the OOC thread, and I can give it the approval, depending on what
    pokébeast you want to catch en route. I will approve of it if it's a pokébeast that could likely be found in your area, but I will deny it if it's a too rare, strong or unlikely pokébeast [like in Kanto Rewinded].

However, despite there is an likely chance that I'll unapprove of a rare pokebeast, there's also chance that you'll be able to have the opportunity to fight, or catch a ~rare~ pokebeast, from an event as well.

As for berries, your free to make up any herbs, or berries you want, BUT, also remember there are of course the berries and herbs that are originally from the pokemon games that works just as well. As for flavors, as I said, your free to have any flavor with your berries as you want, just remember what flavors they come in.

Make sense? ^^;;;

Last edited:

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • k thanks for answering my questions. i wonder wat happened to SelenaStar with Pawniard and First Snow with Skitty and Doctor Who with Petilil?
    Are we starting tomorrow or are we going to wait for those 3?

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • OMG I love the image you chose for the OOC o3o /has all the pics favorited; I hope the person makes one for the fifth gen. Pokemon soon

On-topic: I was thinking that Colette would call Misdreavus Noishe...I swear I'll stop with the ToS references soon; I chose Colette because it seemed to fit the character ;; Lani? /that is if it's female

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • k thanks for answering my questions. i wonder wat happened to SelenaStar with Pawniard and First Snow with Skitty and Doctor Who with Petilil?
    Are we starting tomorrow or are we going to wait for those 3?

They could just jump right in and start anytime after they completed their SU's.
    I'm just starting tomorrow, so you'll get an idea on what the atmosphere / first chapter is like, annnnd... basically how everything is gonna work.

OMG I love the image you chose for the OOC o3o /has all the pics favorited; I hope the person makes one for the fifth gen. Pokemon soon

On-topic: I was thinking that Colette would call Misdreavus Noishe...I swear I'll stop with the ToS references soon; I chose Colette because it seemed to fit the character ;; Lani? /that is if it's female

As long as you roleplay it as such, it can be any gender and nickname you want. ^^

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
  • Ah what wonderful artwork is exhibited there, and so fitting too. That Parasect looks badass, just saying.

In any case I should probably post my sign-up here now right? Also how do our characters receive the Pokemon anyway? Could be that I'm just blind and it's in there, but I didn't see it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Ah what wonderful artwork is exhibited there, and so fitting too. That Parasect looks badass, just saying.

In any case I should probably post my sign-up here now right? Also how do our characters receive the Pokemon anyway? Could be that I'm just blind and it's in there, but I didn't see it.

Yup; I'd post the SU here.

As for your starter pokebeast, you'll already obtained it, since you've already met up with it some weeks / months / whatever time you want here ago.But in chapter one, If you have a special way on meeting your pokebeast in mind, (via flashback or...whatever) feel free to roleplay it in. :)

I'll put on the front page on how you can meet up with a wild pokebeast; as well as how you can meet one in chapter one. n___n

PS. I KNOW, I LOVE THE PICTURE TOO. ^____^

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
  • There, I'm finally done. Some nots on the character, I made him come from Fiore because the name is derived from the Italian word for flower, and it's close enough to French xD

Alexandre also speaks with a heavy French accent.

Name: Alexandre de Château-Renauld though, as he is now incognito, he goes by "Alex d'Epinay"

Appearance: Alexandre is a handsome man, and you bet he knows it. He's got an olive complexion and has a tall and muscular build. He has a long face with straight roman nose, cleft chin and dimpled cheeks. To top that off he has grayish-green eyes and an infectious smile. His hair is dark brown, distinguishable from black only under direct sun. It's curly and cut just below his chin, albeit curling in all directions.

His dress is that of a minstrel, which was his previous cover-up. On his heat he wears the typical minstrel-styled hat the colour purple with diamond-patterned decorations and a red feather sticking out of the brim, held with an equally red feather. His tunic is beige with brown decorative stitching. The tunic has very puffy sleeves running from his shoulder to his elbow with red fabric on the inside and striped purple fabric puffing on top. The tunic ends with tight brown sleeves running to his elbow under which white ruffles from his under-shirt can be seen, and his hands are covered with brown leather gloves. Overtop of the tunic is a belt which holds a purse for immediate essentials as well as his newly acquired PokéSphere and a brown leather bag is swung across his shoulders.

Underneath it all he wears black leather pants and brown leather boots. Lastly around his neck he wears a long silver chain with attached to it a family-crested ring. He keeps this ring hidden underneath both his tunic and under-shirt at all times, but one never knows when connections might come in handy. Overall one might notice that his attire is a biiiit too fancy for a Minstrel-turned-PokéDueller but well, no one ever called Alexandre bright.

Personality: Alexandre is a womanizer. He likes women- no he loved them, can't get enough of them. Needless to say he's got quite a few scorned women left around his past-visited region already. It's the flirting he really likes, the conquest, but once the woman's been won suddenly she's become boring to him. He's very flighty and doesn't like to stick around for long, which could attribute to this. Possibly being tied down by anything scares the daylight out of him, so he tends to avoid it. So it's mostly barwenches and one-night stands for him, with occasionally defiling the modesty of a noble girl or two.

As you may have noticed, Alexandre has little of any morality in him. He's in it for the fun and that's it. He also solemnly believes in being lazy before being tired, anything that would be bothersome is usually something he'd much rather avoid. To top that off Alex is selfish and egotistical to the bone. Putting himself in danger for another? Come on, why on earth would he do something like that? Sheesh he's not suicidal. He cares only for himself, and for the booze. He cares for the booze too. Yes Alexandre is quite the drinker too, it's not rare to find him singing in the taverns. And he's a terrible singer.

Alex is rather unintelligent too. Well, not necessarily unintelligent, but mostly just dim-witted and deprived of common sense. He tends to just go with the flow, does random things and not really think about any consequences. Again, he's in it for the fun, and nothing more. In fact he's wanted in at least one city by some angry nobleman whose daughter he dishonored.

Background:
    Alexandre was born to the Count and Countess de Château-Renauld, a countship far off in Fiore, the youngest of 5 brothers. His childhood wasn't entirely happy. He was always the youngest, the one that had no hope in ever inheriting the Countship. There was also a bit of an age-difference between him and his brothers, the one closest in age being 5 years older than he was. In other words he never really had anyone to relate to. Alexandre received the best education available in the languages as well as reading and writing and philosophy. Needless to say the latter went right over his head, but he read and write and, besides English which he perfected from his travels he can acceptably make himself heard in the languages of more exotic regions.

Alex always had the desire to be free, something that often comes from boys without such freedom. That in combination with the fact that Alex rarely got much attention from anyone really got him desiring to get out of Fiore and out of the countship. A bit of a respite came in his teenage years when he started sparking the interest, and definitely getting interested in, the girls. He was delighted with actually getting real attention which was what started his womanizing tendencies. But eventually even that got taken from him when his mother started saying that it was a disgrace that he was playing around with any girl who met his eyes and that it would be a good thing to get him married. (this happened around age 19) At that time Alexandre almost immediately started preparing for his leaving.

After successfully escaping Fiore Alex set sail to the region of Alma with a crew and ship he paid for with his parents' money. He stayed in Alma for about a year and a half travelling and pretending to be a minstrel. It went alright for the most part, he knew how to play a lute and all. The only times when it went wrong were when they made him sing. Alex is tone-deaf, needless to say he doesn't sing. Most of the time he'd been able to avoid singing and just played his lute. It was also here that one of the noblemen put a want on is head for a fair price so he thought it well to leave. This time he'd go to another region, and having heard about Kanto's famed PokéDuelling systems he wanted to take the chance, see how he'd do. He purchased a random PokéSphere from some shady man at the Alman port, not even knowing what was in it, and went on adventure. Like a man.

Starter Choice: Petilili – nicknamed Petit Lili, hey, no one accused the man of being creative.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I love your character already. :D
    [I'm a big fan of womanizers. xD]

Accepted~!

Also, I'll keep track on the key items your character gets along the way; meaning the pokencyclopedias, badges and so on.

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • A Bug fan? :B /brick'd; gotta love typos

I'll get my post up shortly (i.e. probably at least a half hour from now); here's to hoping Colette doesn't run into Stantler or Fearow, or else she'll pretty much be screwed! ...Though not so much against Stantler, I guess. Unless it knows an offensive non-Normal/non-Fighting move. /stupid Normal types

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Though I do love bug types. <3

I hope you guys don't mind the "obsticle bit" BTW; at the same time you can have the freedom of your adventure, I also kind of wanted a dungeons and dragons feel to it, along side the main plot. :3

...Though I never played the game dungeons and dragons actually. @___@

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Journeye RP SU

Name: Anya Sklarenova

Appearance:
    Originally from Unova, Anya's appearance is that of what one would most probably deem your 'typical' Russian girl in our terms - namely, strikingly Aryan. Overall, she comes across a very delicate, some would say unhealthily thin, feminine creature who would snap like a twig if the breeze blew too strongly, and Anya often sees the irony between her own appearance and that of her Pokebeast, Pawniard, the sturdy steel, imposing Pokebeast.

Her blonde hair, although somewhat thin in texture, falls to mid-waist in a soft, straight waterfall. Generally, Anya wears her hair loose, but when training she finds it more practical to twist her hair up into a bun and pin it in place with some smooth almost chopstick-like sticks created for this very purpose. Her large eyes are a deep sapphire, contrasting starkly with her milky skin, and framed by light eyelashes. Across her small nose is a smattering of light freckles and these spread up her angular cheekbones to her ears.

In terms of clothing, Anya wears simple dress in earthy brown shades - plain cloth dresses that reach her mid-calf, sometimes with a cream long sleeved shirt underneath, with a lace-up front being the only discernible detail.

In the privacy of her training, however, Anya dares to wear loose cloth trousers and a loose sleeveless shirt, despite the grumbling of her parents when she dresses thus.

Personality:
    If described in a nutshell, Anya is quiet and somewhat shy, but conversely has a certain determination that runs as an undercurrent to her entire personality, pinning all her positives and all her flaws. Somewhat conflictingly, Anya suffers from tremendous uncertainty, both in herself and in what she does, but this does not stem from a lack of confidence in the typical sense as one might presume.

In her daily life, Anya is in a constant state of contemplation, and when you find her having a quiet moment to herself, looking down at her hands and frowning ever so slightly, she will be thinking. About practically everything one can think about. Anya is not learned to any extent - she can read and write enough to get by, but her family prize domestic traits in their women more so than any talent based in academia - but one may think of her as a philosopher of sorts. Once she has thought enough about one question to satisfy herself, she will move onto the next one. This could be said to be the basic tenet of Anya's character.

In this is rooted the strange lack of self-confidence, although perhaps this is incorrect terminology to use. Anya is constantly in a state of self-reflection, always questioning herself both as a person an in her abilities - she is never quite sure, then, of who she is and why she should do what she does, seeing morality and ethical questions quite rightly as extraordinarily difficult ones to truly answer when applied to oneself. Ultimately, though, Anya doesn't necessarily see this lack of fixed self as a bad thing - to her it means she can adapt to practically all situations - from cooking for a family of 6 to going on a journey with a Pokebeast - in a heart beat.

As a result, this makes anya a very easy person to deal with - both on a casual personal level of talking but also when working with for some specific aim or goal. Her determination can translate into stubbornness if she is sure as she can be that her conclusion is the correct one in whatever sense that may be, but generally she will hear all opinions and unlike other people is extremely willing to change her course of action if made to believe it is wrong, which does not take much to do. Anya sees no shame in 'losing' or admitting she is wrong - or even forgiving others when she has been wronged - and so bears no grudges unless you have harmed someone she loves. In that case she will not rest until you have fully repented for your actions or you are dead. One or the other.

With her Pokebeast, it took a while for both to get over their initial shyness but once they had bonded, Anya and Pawniard could be said to be yin and yang - they really are two sides of the same dime. Pawniard, constant and sure, is almost like an anchor for Anya's adaptive personality, keeping her from meandering too far on her thoughts and maintaining her reason for journeying around Kanto.

Background:
    Anya has a colourful background to say the least - born in Unova her family consisted of her parents and two older siblings - a brother and a sister. Life in Unova - for the few years Anya lived there during her childhood - was relatively peaceful - living in a small rural area outside the city of Icirrus under the rule of Sinnoh whose explorers had discovered and conquered Unova, her grandparents having been displaced after the destruction of Mistralton City during the Sinnoh invasion. Life was simple - collect eggs from the chickens, cook and clean whilst father and her brother Vitaly would go and practice their trades as carpenters.

But then life got difficult. As Anya was of Hoenn descent from her Fathers side, her family found themselves persecuted by the men of Sinnoh, who were attempting to create a homogenous community - people from Hoenn did not fit in with this ideal, apparently. So Anya's father took the executive decision to flee Unova with Anya, Vitaly, Usuka her sister and her Mother - finding themselves in a strange, new region called Kanto.

Life in Kanto was somewhat of a shock for Anya. Before fleeing Russia, she had been accustomed to hiding, staying away from major centres and people generally. Now, although her strange appearance and general foreign identity made people feel somewhat wary towards her, Anya found that she could go to the well in the centre of the village without the fear that a rock would be tied around her neck an she would be thrown down to the watery depths. She found that she even made a few acquaintances, twin girls a couple of years younger than her - Jane and Mary - and they often helped each other with chores.

Then, one day when Anya had been sent to collect wood in place of her sick brother, she was set upon by wild Bug Pokebeasts. Certain this was the end, anya stood against a tree and waited for the inevitable...but with a bright flash and a metallic clang she dared open an eye...and that was when she met Pawniard. Initially suspicious of each other, something told the Human and the Pokebeast that they would not be able to go their separate ways now. It seemed that some things in life, such as saving a life and having a life saved, were places you couldn't return from.

Anya's parents were initially...well, furious. They insisted that if anyone were to go on this journey - as was the done thing when a Pokebeast companion was acquired - it would be Vitaly, their oldest son, who would bring honour to the family. They would travel Kanto and then Pawniard and Vitaly would help Anya's father in their carpentry. However, the bond between Anya and Pawniard was far too strong for them to be separated, and after gentle persuasion from Anya's mother, her father relented and allowed Anya to go.

Starter: Pawniard

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Hope you don't mind Colette being able to buy that many Pokespheres/berries at once; she probably does have a lot from working, after all! /'tis one benefit of loving work

Also, I hear her speak in a Scottish accent. Just to give you an idea.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Its fine; there's really no limit on the number of items you wanna get; I'll just be marking down key items such as the pokencylpedia. :3
    Its your journeye', after all. ^.^

I really like your character's scottish accent, BTW. <3 It does make her sound more tough as a character. ^__^

And I especially liked how you said the merchant cried out "away spirit, away!" because, y'know, of the different beliefs in the middle ages. :3

Just a reminder: If you want to catch a wild pokebeast, just ask here, in the OOC thread what pokebeast you want to catch, and I can roleplay it in for you. :)

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • Wow i can't believe i'm the only one with a Pokéncyclopedia (well except maybe for Mist. :)
    good thing my guy knows how to use/mix berries, otherwise they wouldn't be AS useful.

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Colette doesn't mind going in every library and looking at books~ Besides, when it comes to work something so heavy like that will slow her down!

Also, Shawn, you forgot to put "Berries" under Colette's Key Items list :B

Last edited:
    Back