• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jurassic Park

Would you create your own Jurassic Park givin the chance

• yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
  • Ok, I know that I am creating alot of Dinosaur threads here. But this is Other Chat, and I'm chatting. So heres my question, would you or would you not make your Juassic Park? And it doesn't even have to be a Jurassic Park, it could just be a new home for them away from people. So would you do it? I would, but it wouldn't be a park, just a new home.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Some people are already considering it. Ancient link, but gives you an idea of the concept.

But...while dinosaurs are totally awesome, no denying, why bring them back to life? I know I wouldn't be up for it. For all we know, that's basically asking them to die off again. Their bodies would have to adapt to new climates and food sources. That's just one possibility. If anyone decided to bring back a carnivorous or omnivorous dinosaur, people might end up a tasty snack.

And, why bring back a species that has been dead for so long that much of our knowledge on their behaviour is based speculation. Not only that, you can get into the whole "playing God" concept of bringing back what was dead, genetic experimentation, etc., etc., but I won't touch on that much.

I'm much to tired to keep writing, but in short, Jurassic Park didn't end well and I don't think a real life one would, either.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • After seeing all the chaos in Jurassic Park I, I'd rather not.

Besides, things that are dead shouldn't be brought back to life again. It's the law of nature.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Yes I would, I wonder were they keep the skin that was found on the bone, I even further more wonder how a blood vessels could survive for so long,

I mean Jurassic Park is a fiction, and these would be Emu's that were made into the dinosaurs, so I think they would have the personality of an Emu, they really are just changing the look of the bird, I mean there just turning on gene that are already there, making them look like dinosaurs, nothing wrong with that I guess, even if the bird would look like a dinosaur it would not become crazy like one, I say that they should go for it and make one, but the only thing stopping this is ourselves, imagine if the movie Jurassic park had never been, then people would not be as afraid to do it.

And we would not be playing god's we would simply be turning on some gene in a chicken/emu, I think it's important that they at least try this, I mean what is the worst thing that can happen, the dinosaur will spread some bird flu, come on.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
  • I would. I'd have two sections like Isla Sorna & Isla Nublar. And I'd make sure I don't hire someone like Dennis (the guy who stole the embryos and cut the power to the electric fences, letting all the dinos roam free).

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I wouldn't want to play around with it, just because we don't know what kind of trouble we could get ourselves into.

Also...I'm one of the people who don't believe all of the Dinosaurs are dead anyway :P

~Mooshykris

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    no thanks... if any one has seen the jurasic park movies all the dinosaurs do is become very distructive. so like mooshykris said i wouldent toy around with it either..

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • If you've ever seen the actual movie, don't you remember this here:

Henry Wu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will... breed?
    Dr. Ian Malcolm: No, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way.

What is being said is that it would all end up being just like the movie. The dinosaurs would find away to breed and it would be bad news for people and tourists.

In the movie, John said they used frog DNA, right? Well if you remember, Dr. Alan mentioned that they used a special species of frog, I can't remember the name of it but, he said that the frog is able to change genders...something like that and that's how dinosaurs found a way.

Don't believe me? Rent the movie and watch it. You will definitly see the dangers of it because even if Dennis didnt turn off the systems to turn off the embryos, the hurrican would have ruined the system, either way.

I mean rain and electricity don't go together. If you really wanted to create an actual park, you'd have to be sure to do better than John Hammond in the movie.

Otherwise, I think its a bad idea. Our technology isnt ready for something so advanced and besides, dinosaurs were destroyed for a reason.

I have the movie on VHS and I saw it recently so I know it wouldnt work. You'd have to be a complete einstien to come up with something so advanced and who knows, maybe if we progress and learn more technology, we can find our own ways to create dinosaur.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No; extinct creatures are gone for a reason.

If I did though, I'd make it pretty much the same as in the film, but would also have a sizeable security section armed with M14s.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I think it would be great, but I'd make sure that there were many more precautions in place than there were in the film.

First off, the dinosaurs would have to be in an isolated environment, with little or no way of contaminating the world's current ecosystem. The islands in the film were somewhat like this, but not really. What would be awesome is if someone made a dinosaur park on the moon, XDD. That way there'd me zero chance of infecting our worlds with prehistoric diseases and whatnot. And by then I'd assume it'd be fairly simple to take a little trip up there to see Tyrannosaurus and friends. Though they'd be 1/6th of the mass they'd be here on Earth, heh.

Another major difference is that I would not allow people to see them up close like they did in the movie. Come on, putting a Tyrannosaurus within metres of a little car full of entrees? What were they thinking? It would be much better if people could ride in an airplane, looking down at the dinosaurs. Then only the Pteranodons could eat them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Just an fyi for people... the Jurassic Park series is complete fiction. If/when reviving previously-extinct life forms is possible? Yeaaaah, people are going to do it. I'd rather have it approved and regulated when it's possible to actually have a useful clone. However, honestly, if this can happen, it's not going to be anytime soon so I bet none of us really have to worry. Factor in that if there was actually a park where the dinosaurs were shown off in a zoo or safari-like fashion, you bet the security would be a lot better than outlined in Crichton's books. :P Plus the price would be so high to visit and see them that I bet no one here could afford it. :C

Anyway, would I personally do this? I would. If I had the means to do it, it'd be an amazing endeavour. It'd of course have to be named Jurassic Park as an homage regardless of whether it was open to public or anything. :] Someone's gonna do it one day, so if I had the means I might as well get the head start.

Also, @Misayu, nah the hurricane wouldn't have done anything. Might've set a tree on fire or something when it was blown onto the electric fence but that's fairly manageable. Their main problem was being understaffed, iirc. ;D

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years

• Also, @Misayu, nah the hurricane wouldn't have done anything. Might've set a tree on fire or something when it was blown onto the electric fence but that's fairly manageable. Their main problem was being understaffed, iirc. ;D

I'm just saying that our technology hasnt become that advanced yet. If we had the technology that Japan had today, we could use that knowledge to make the park more stable. But, you gotta realize that people would also be afraid of something like that I mean, the idea of dinosaurs in our world? Some people would be against it if they say they don't know anything about these creatures, other than them living billions and billions of years ago. That's like us discovering aliens are real, if the government did happen to cover up rosewell, not saying they did...because most people are not in to that stuff...can you believe the sort of issues would go on? people would freak out. I mean maybe it would be better if it was an island far from us...but I just don't think we would be ready for something so advanced.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Revivng dinosaurs may not be possible for quite awhile, yes. However, more recent extinct creatures are most likely to come first. I'm talking dodos, tasmanian tigers, and even some Ice Age creatures like the mammmoth or the sabre tooth. I'd bet a million dollars if I had it that we'll be seeing these animals revived before dinosaurs. ^^

And about the advancing of science, I for one think that as the human population continues to grow at a higher pace, our technology will as well. You know the saying "two heads are better than one," eh? Well, as more and more people are coming around to work on these things, the faster we'll be able to go see a Compsognathus at a petting zoo. XDD

Last edited:

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • If this were possible, I still don't think I would do it. Despite the fact that I totally love dinosaurs and they amaze me, I'm just not down with the whole "playing God" concept. Also, way too many things could go wrong. Someday someone would decide to do something reckless, and it could be bad news for tons of people, the animals, and the dinosaurs. However, if this were to ever happen, I would definitely prefer it as merely a new home for the dinosaurs. I think the idea of creating life just for the purpose of having the creatures locked in restricted areas and being watched and prodded constantly by ecstatic tourists just isn't right. Perhaps having tours of the island on a plane, and WAYYY high up in the sky (unlike at the beginning of Jurrasic Park 3) would be more suitable if people were really hyped on seeing the dinosaurs. And they would definitely need a some kind of back up plan for if a plane crashes, or they have to take an emergency landing of some sort. :|

I ♥ JURRASIC PARK.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • A compy?! Are you kidding me?! Thats the one Dinosaur I don't want to see in a zoo, and most definatly not in a pack.
    It was one of the few dinosaurs I could think of which would fit in a petting zoo, XD.

"Mommy, can I pet the llama?!"

"Oh wow, that's a cute lil' goat!"

"Waaah! A Triceratops!"

See? It just won't work out, XDD. A Compy, on the other hand....at least its tiny enough to get a spot in one of those things. ^^

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well first of all I'm going to say what i said in your first Dinosaur thread, the creatures in Jurassic Park where NOT Dinosaurs, they where "genetically enhanced theme park monsters" based on Dinosaurs, and that is all that would be created through cloning if they where.

Also in Jurassic Park they used Frog DNA to fill in the gaps of the Dinosaur DNA, in real life if it did happen it wouldn't be a Dinosaur it would be a Dinosaur/Frog crossbreed, and also seeing how the egg incubation in the movies is believed to be impossible (at least with current technology) they would have to impregnate the same type of Frog, making it even more impossible for it to be anything like the Dinosaur, so unless they can find a complete piece of Dinosaur DNA and can incubate it similar to how was done in Jurassic Park, we will never see this happen.

All that said, if they built it i would go, but i wouldn't do it myself, and for now i think anyone who does want to build a Jurassic Park should go out and buy Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and do it there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back