• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • OK, everyone, time for me to reveal this new event. (The OP will be updated probably later today.) The new event will be an Original 151 Tournament held on the PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server. Pokemon Online is free to download for those of you who don't already have it. It will be hosted over in the Competitive Battling Center. Once I get to posting my thread (I still have to make it) I will post a link here and update the OP so you can get more details. And I'm just letting you all know in advance: Mew and Mewtwo are banned. :P

EDIT: OK, here's the tournament thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273669 I'll get to updating the OP.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I know this might be a little late but I would've prefered the original trio of starters in FR/Lg because it would make more sense as they were remaking Red & Blue/Red & Green. It would have just made things harder if you had just Pikachu at Brock because not everyone is going to use the pokemon from the accessible areas before Pewter.
    Well, I think you're right. If I had to choose from the accessible Pokemon before Pewter, I'd choose Caterpie, Spearow, Nidoran Male, and Mankey. I'd raise Caterpie and Spearow until they evolve to their final forms, but later on I'd box them. Butterfree would be boxed when I found a better Pokemon against Rock-types, and I'd do away with Fearow if I found a better Flying type Pokemon.

As for Nidoran Male and Mankey, I'm glad they get their Fighting type move earlier in Yellow than in Red & Blue.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • yay! new event! can I participate?

The problem with butterfree is that, after brock, it can do so little. The amount of training with it would be pretty useless, unless you are planning on using it up until the end.

miltankRancher

Years
  • i know. i had bookmarked the page already. but am I not the winner of the last event? you said that the winner of the previous event could not participate in the next event.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Naww... I will not be participating. LOL. I also doubt that I can participate if ever. My internet connection currently sucks. LOL.

good luck to all participants.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    deoxys121, I'd like to buy a Raichu to add to my partner list. And I don't want to nickname it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Classiccartoonsftw, I'll do that as soon as I can update next. I'm kinda busy, so I don't have time to do so right now. Probably later today though.

New topic: Which of the original 8 Gym Leaders did you find the hardest to beat?
    With me, most of the gyms were relatively easy. But, if you chose Charmander, Brock was no walk in the park in Gen I. Pretty much the only Pokemon you could catch that would have an advantage was Mankey. Other than that, you were at a disadvantage. Turn on the sprinklers!

However, other than that, I'd say the toughest gym leader was Sabrina. Back then, there was almost no way to have an advantage against Psychic types, what with Bug being the only type super-effective against it. And we all know how Bug-type moves were in Gen I. :\

miltankRancher

Years
  • we can be unanimous in saying that Pokemon Yellow Brock is the hardest gym leader to beat, even in the while history of Pokemon games (next only to Whitney's Miltank, Claire's Kingdra and such). Pikachu is at a great disadvantage against BOTH of his pokemon, making you resort to lesser choices like Butterfree and Mankey.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I wanted to share a bunch of awesome pictures in honor for our First Generation Pokemon!
    Spoiler:

And just had to ask, is this what the world as gone to? (Not welcomed to Kanto?)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
  • i like Red's pic! Totally cool guy, and he is the most epic of all characters that had ever existed in the pokemon world! (Stevn, Cynthia, and Lt. Surge comes in next)

lewieboy124

New topic: Which of the original 8 Gym Leaders did you find the hardest to beat?
    With me, most of the gyms were relatively easy. But, if you chose Charmander, Brock was no walk in the park in Gen I. Pretty much the only Pokemon you could catch that would have an advantage was Mankey. Other than that, you were at a disadvantage. Turn on the sprinklers!

Since Charmander was my favourite starter in Gen. 1, Brock was a tough cookie to beat. To deoxys121, my apologies but I'm going to be inactive for over a month. I will probably be active again by April 14th, thanks.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Since Charmander was my favourite starter in Gen. 1, Brock was a tough cookie to beat. To deoxys121, my apologies but I'm going to be inactive for over a month. I will probably be active again by April 14th, thanks.

Brock actually made yellow really hard. I think very few manage to get past brock without using Mankey or butterfree. I didn't.

Since Charmander was my favourite starter in Gen. 1, Brock was a tough cookie to beat. To deoxys121, my apologies but I'm going to be inactive for over a month. I will probably be active again by April 14th, thanks.

Anybody choosing the Lizard pokemon had a hard time with brock. in fact, if the hardest leaders of all time is listed, Yellow brock would be there, tied with GSC Whitney. I know of very few people who managed to defeat Brock in Yellow without using Butterfree or Mankey.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Alright, as everything has finally slowed down with my life, I have finally gotten everything updated, including your new partner, classiccartoonsftw!

I'd have to agree with everyone on Brock being really hard in Yellow. Back then, however, I didn't even realize just how much of a disadvantage Pikachu was at in general through the game, with its low stats. Back then, I didn't even know a thing about stats. :P I was just playing for the fun of the game! :D

Years
  • Which of the original 8 Gym Leaders did you find the hardest to beat?

I'd say misty because of Starmie, You almost have it then boom! Super Potion. Then begins the bombardment of Bubblebeams -.-

Also it's fast as well, i usually need a Charmeleon with slash before i go that thing.

Cid

Years
  • Indigo Plateau

Username: Cid
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Squirtle
    Partner Pokemon: Eni the Squirtle

This might be the first time I joined a club this year. \o/

When FireRed and LeafGreen were made, would you have liked your starter to be Pikachu, as it was in Yellow? Or do you prefer the starters from Red and Blue?

Not really. A trainer-following Pikachu would have been nice, but I've always thought of the RB starters as the better choice for them to offer to players.
    Besides, Squirtle is way better than Pikachu.
    "But Cid, if they make you start with Pikachu, you still get a Squirtle in Vermilion City!"
    Even so, I would rather start with Squirtle instead. The challenge of capturing a Pikachu in Viridian Forest makes it even more enticing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back