• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    About to start my game over with a new name. I double- and triple-checked that all my valuable pokemon are in Bank, but it's still scary! Now I just need to find someone to help me move a couple items over to the new name and then I'll push the big red button for a new beginning. I like the feeling of "starting a new journey" after you've been in an IV breeding rut for months.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I finally accomplished something I've wanted to since I started playing Pokemon. I have officially caught them all. It took a lot of training, breeding, and trading, but it's finally done and I got the shiny charm! Here's an Imgur album showing off my living pokedex.

I'm not exactly sure what to do now. I might start breeding for shinies again to test out how well that charm actually works ^_^

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • It's been a while since I've posted here or actually played my Y version. I feel so obligated to post a long narrative like entry everytime I post on one of these journals, which causes me to put off doing any progress in the game cause entries take such a long time to type. >_>

I completely understand this. :)

March 21, 2014

I brought out the first group of six Pokémon to begin the next rotation of training. The first group consisted of Skiddo, Litleo, Snubbull, Solosis, Psyduck, and my Eevee I caught in a Dusk Ball.

I can't believe I've obtained 151 Pokémon in the Kalos region. And with only three badges! That's the exact number of Pokémon back in the Kanto region, and I never even caught that many after winning the Pokémon League. I think I ended up with about 140 back then. Well, this makes half of the Pokémon in the Central and Coastal Kalos Pokédexes, so I'm well on my way to catchin' them all!

March 22, 2014

I met Korrina at the top of the Tower of Mastery, and she gave me a wristband that contained a Mega Ring! To demonstrate how to use it, she suggested we have a battle where we each use one of her Lucario. Each Pokémon had a Mega Stone too, a Lucarionite! As soon as we began the battle, she advised me to activate the Mega Ring. I touched the stone in the wristband, and it began to glow, and then Lucario evolved into Mega Lucario! Korrina did the same with the Mega Stone on her gauntlet, and her Lucario Mega Evolved as well. I easily won the battle, and Lucario asked to join me. Korrina agreed to allow it, and so I accepted Lucario.

I did have one final request for Korrina. I asked if I could leave my Cubone with her to train. I'd like it to learn that Power-Up Punch move that she used against me in our gym battle. She agreed, and Cubone happily stayed behind to train. I spent a little time with Cubone, admiring the beautiful view of Kalos from the top of the tower, and then I left.

Back in the streets of Shalour City, I found Serena. She asked where I was going next. I figured I'd continue along the coast and see what other wild Pokémon I could find. So I left Shalour City and explored Route 12.

Route 12 is called Fourrage Road. Unfortunately, the land stops at a dead end of water. So I did some exploring in the tall grass. The first wild Pokémon was a familiar one, a Slowpoke! After battling it I managed to catch it.

"Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon. Slowpoke laze near water. They are always vacantly lost in thought, but no one knows what they are thinking about. They are good at fishing with their tails. If something were to bite their tails, they won't even notice for a whole day."

152. Slowpoke

After that, I found another Pokémon I know, but haven't seen since Sinnoh, a Chatot!

"Chatot, the Music Note Pokémon. Chatot can learn and speak human words. If they gather, they all learn the same saying. They can mimic the cries of other Pokémon as well to trick them so this way they won't attack them."

As I was heading back to Shalour City to give my Pokémon a rest, I came across a wild Tauros! It put up a tough battle, especially since we activated its ability of Anger Point with a critical hit. But a few Poké Balls later and I got lucky and caught it.

"Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokémon. Tauros heighten their will to fight by repeatedly whipping their bodies with their three long tails. They tackle by charging at full speed."

153. Tauros

After a short break at the Pokémon Center, I went back out and found another Pokémon I haven't seen in a few years, an Exeggcute!

"Exeggcute, the Egg Pokémon. Exeggcute converse between their six eggs using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated. Even though they appear to be eggs of some sort, they were discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds."

Immediately after that, I found and caught a Miltank! As it used Rollout on my Litleo, I had flashes of the horrible memories of battling at the Goldenrod City Gym in Johto…

"Miltank, the Milk Cow Pokémon. Miltank produce milk that is packed with nutrition, making it the ultimate beverage for the sick or weary. If they are around babies, the milk they produce contain even more nutrition than usual."

154. Miltank

Then I found a Chatot! I tried to catch it. I wasted 30 Poké Balls, a Great Ball, and even a critical capture failed. It knocked out all of my Pokémon. I don't remember Chatot being that tough. They must be stronger here in Kalos. Needless to say, I scurried back to the Pokémon Center. I'm not sure if I ever outright failed to catch a non-legendary Pokémon before.

Back on Fourrage Road, I battled some more wild Pokémon, and then ran into a horde of Mareep! I easily caught one.

"Mareep, the Wool Pokémon. Mareep store lots of air in their soft fur, allowing them to stay cool in summer and warm in winter. Their fluffy coats swell to double when static electricity builds up. Touching the fur can be shocking."

155. Mareep

One last sweep of the area in the evening resulted in my catching a Pachirisu and another Slowpoke!

156. Pachirisu

March 23, 2014

I made one final catch just after midnight. I finally caught an elusive Chatot!

157. Chatot

April 7, 2014

I spent the last few weeks addicted to a new game, Civilization Revolution. Well, it's not a new game, but I just downloaded it, and I can't get enough. Plus I had my twice-yearly tabletop gaming convention this past weekend, so Pokémon training got put on the back burner.

My very first wild Pokémon encounter on Fourrage Road was with a Pokémon I hadn't seen yet in the wild in Kalos, a Heracross! I easily caught it.

158. Heracross

April 25, 2014

I was out for a midnight stroll, and I stumbled across a Pokémon egg. I brought it back to the Pokémon Center, and asked Nurse Joy to send it to Professor Sycamore after examining it.

The next morning, I returned to Fourrage Road to train my team some more. It wasn't until later that evening that I finally caught the last wild Pokémon I needed to obtain from this route, an Exeggcute! It took a few Poké Balls, but otherwise was not too difficult to catch.

159. Exeggcute

I then saw a man standing on the beach near a Lapras. He told me that he was not able to see the world and go on adventures, but he wanted Lapras to be able to do so. He asked if I would take it with me. I gladly accepted. Now I have a Pokémon to Surf through the water with!

"Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. Lapras have gentle hearts. Their high intelligence enables them to understand human speech. They like to ferry people on their back. Because they rarely fight, many have been caught, and their number has dwindled."

160. Lapras

I already had six Pokémon with me, so I sent Litleo to Camphrier Town so I could explore the waterway just off the beach. I found several Tentacool swimming in the water. I selected one and tossed a Poké Ball, but it didn't work. So I had Skiddo use Razor Leaf to weaken it, and then I was able to catch it with my next Poké Ball!

161. Tentacool

Before I turned in for the night, I discovered that I had earned two more Kalos Medals over the last few weeks. This brings my total up to 62!

B-001-4 Battle Battle Virtuoso A Medal for peerlessly courageous Trainers who went through 2,000 battles. 04/07/2014
    A-045-1 Adventure Successor in the Making A Medal for Trainers upon the occasion of viewing a Mega-Evolved Pokémon for the first time. 03/22/2014

April 26, 2014

I wasn't quite tired yet, so I went back out to do some late night Surfing with Lapras. I found a trainer swimming nearby, and challenged him to a battle. Though it seemed his favorite Pokémon was his Binacle, he also had a Qwilfish!

"Qwilfish, the Balloon Pokémon. Qwilfish have small spikes that cover their bodies. These spikes developed from scales and inject a toxin that causes fainting. To fire the spikes, they must inflate their bodies by drinking over 2.6 gallons of water all at once."

On my way back to the Pokémon Center, I came across a wild Mantyke near the beach! Despite having paralyzed it with my Snubbull's Lick attack, it took about half a dozen Poké Balls before I finally caught it.

"Mantyke, the Kite Pokémon. Mantyke often swim in a school of Remoraid. The patterns on their backs vary by region. When they swim close to the surface of the ocean, people aboard ships are able to observe these patterns."

162. Mantyke

After that, I was finally able to fall asleep.

The next morning, I explored more of the other side of Fourrage Road. I found a place called Baa de Mer Ranch, where I saw someone taking care of a bunch of Skiddo. I learned that, much like Lapras likes to carry people across water, Skiddo can carry people on land! So I let my Skiddo out, and I practiced riding it in a wide open field near the ranch. I spent the day training off and on. That evening, my Eevee evolved into an Umbreon!

"Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Umbreon lurk in darkness for prey. The light of the moon changes an Eevee's genetic structure. When exposed to the moon's aura, the rings on their bodies glow faintly and they're filled with a mysterious power."

163. Umbreon

I then rotated my Pokémon, taking Lucario, Linoone, Eevee (Net Ball), Wartortle, Nidoran(F), and Ferroseed.

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Hey everyone I'm back im gonna restart my x version as well as black and heartgold gonna go one at a time but thinking about recording the walkthroughs. Need some help never did this before if someone could field some questions for me it would be much appreciated

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    1: The Beginning of a Journey

May 17th 2014​

This is my second time playing Y and I've decided to make it a little interesting. I'll be adding a few rules for funsies.

• I must always have a total of six Pokemon in my party and I must catch to my knowledge every Pokemon on each route that I am able to catch at the time.
    • Am allowed to Wonder Trade in each area I enter with new Pokemon. However, I must catch a second of a species and trade it away.
    • I cannot swap a Pokemon out of my team until it evolves. This is for Pokedex completion and also to try out different types of Pokemon.
    • The above rule can be disregarded once I have my final team. In which case, I will be able to swap freely.
    • I must always use the lowest leveled Pokemon in my party, to keep the levels even. Don't want them falling behind!
    • No EXP Share.
    • Grinding must be kept to a minimum unless I lose a gym battle/the E4 for the first time. I am allowed to grind then, but only five levels higher than what I was when I attempted it.
    • Lucky Egg may be used when I am grinding after I have lost a gym battle/E4 for the first time.
    • Battle mode is Set.

I will probably change/tweak these limitations depending on how challenging and how broken things become later on as I've never done anything like this before. They will be perfected over the course of the game. Not trying to make things SUPER challenging, just not super easy either.

Beginner Trainer: Arylett
    Born In: Unova
    Brief Description: Long dark curly hair, wears red, carries a large bag stuffed with important supplies.
    Personality: Quirky, Timid, Hardy, Naive, Careful.

Bio: This is Arylett's first time in the Kalos region, having recently moved all the way from Unova. She starts her journey in hopes to prove her disparaging mother and others wrong; she really is capable of being a Pokemon trainer. Although rather knowledged on the subject of Pokemon, she'll have to learn how to utilize Pokemon in practice. Something that she's still struggling with due to its rather faster-paced nature than just reading in books and computers. Although relatively indecisive and unconfident, she has the potential to bloom into a grand trainer.

Current Pokedex Count: 11/718
    Progressed to: Santalune City.
    Badges: 0

Customized: Red Flower Pin in Hat.

Had a bit of trouble as I accidentally deleted my save file once. @_@ Had to do everything all over again, but progressed even further. Things are kind of challenging, but not too difficult so far. I'm sure that'll change when I get to the gym, but first things first, gotta go get a Pansage. It's the only one from the Santalune Forest I'm missing.

Current Party

Big%20Slot%201.gif

Arkra ♀
    Level 8
    Quirky, Likes to run​

Brief Description: Is darker and more reddish than normal Fennekin; has a slight curl to her ear hair.

Bio: A Pokemon of silly energy and Arylett's first and favorite. Arkra is young and has a very bizarre way of behaving. She's a unique Fennekin given to Arylett by Trevor from Sycamore. Often, she'll stare off into the distance with wide eyes, unknowing what it is she is staring into. Her Psychic powers are already developing despite being so early in the journey, so this may be what she's gazing off at. Still, she can be very intelligent; often figuring out what to do with herself when Arylett frequently hesitates with orders. In spite of her strange behavior though, she is still relatively obedient. And acts more for herself to support Arylett rather than undermine her.

Big%20Slot%202.gif

Vesta ♀
    Level 4
    Adamant, Likes to run​

Brief Description: Is also more reddish than normal Fletchling, but not enough to be a shiny.

Bio: To Arylett's (somewhat) relief, Vesta has a similar personality to Arkra and gets along with her just fine. With a notable difference: she is very stubborn and not like to flee from a fight. Rather, she prefers flying around in circles to mess with her opponent's heads, something that gives her poor trainer more than one headache. Her boundless energy often leads to her and Arkra racing each other, with Vesta coming out the victor due to her superior speed.

Big%20Slot%203.gif

Gus ♂
    Level 3
    Lax, Scatters things often.​

Bio: He's not Arylett's favorite Pokemon and was caught mainly for the Pokedex. Gus isn't really the most powerful either. A fighter who is so lax and lazy that he often just falls asleep in the middle of a battle, she finds him a frustrating and not all that aesthetically-pleasing addition to the team. Still, it is Arylett's goal to fill that Pokedex and try to use as many Pokemon as possible. She wants to understand their battle strategies.

Big%20Slot%204.gif

Ques ♀
    Level 6
    Rash, Likes to run​

Bio: Like Gus, not the most visually appealing of Pokemon to Arylett. But she's excited to see what sort of Vivillon Ques will evolve into. And just like Arkra and Vesta, this is yet another hasty-footed Pokemon. The three of them combined exhaust the beginner trainer out of her everloving wits. Ques is a risk-taker, and has a lot of moxie for such a little one.

Big%20Slot%205.gif

Kujata ♀
    Level 4
    Timid, Alert to sounds.​

Bio: Butterfree is another beautiful butterfly-like Pokemon Arylett looks forward to having. And unlike Ques, the mild-mannered Kujata is easy to tend to. But this also makes it more difficult to use her in a fight, as she tries to hide behind her trainer and force her to use another Pokemon. After she evolves, it'd probably be best to retire her...

Big%20Slot%206.gif

Veztri ♂
    Level 6
    Docile, Somewhat vain.​

Bio: Veztri is your resident pretty boy. He loves to preen his feathers and keep up a neat appearance. He prefers not to battle, but is one of the more obedient and easier-to-use Pokemon other than Arkra. With such pretty feathers, he's at the very least a very precise flyer!

Last edited:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    As the last on poke-wagon... again... I just started my Y yesterday. I've been really excited about this, because I don't even have Black or White, or their sequels.

When I started Y, I was instantly impressed. I didn't have high hope for everything being in 3D, but it looks awesome! I can barely imagine going back to 2D! ^_^ And I'm enjoying the easygoing, soak-up-the-pretty-scenery feel of the game.

But I digress. I decided to try a mystery egg challenge, something new to me, and I was super lucky. The guy who gave me eggs got me a great team. Today, I just starting fighting Team Flare in the Glittering Caves (the Rhyhorn ride up there was so annoying). The Glittering Caves look awesome, like you'll never know what around the corner.

Here is my current team. I gave them a mythology theme:

Espeon (Marduk), Umbreon(Mara), Sylveon(Sin), Roselia(Izanami), Skorupi(Gungnir), and Beldum(Odin).

I'm almost tempted into Black 2 or White 2, because I'd really want to see some of my Pearl pokemon in 3D. Must... resist... until ORAS!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 4, 2023
    Right now I am just running around evolving Pokemon, breeding for a 6IV Ralts to make an Assault Vest Gardevoir, and trading extra legends off. If anyone wants a free 5IV Ralts shoot me a message, I have loads.

Years
  • Today, I helped the owner of the Parfum Palace, while also getting hints from Shauna that she may be into me during the fireworks show. Afterwards, I caught my third companion on my journey, Spritzee, who I decided to name Hariet. She's the first Fairy pokemon I've ever used, so I'm anxious to see how it goes. Shortly after this capture, I made my way through Connecting Cave and captured team member number four, Mienfoo, and named her Elena. Right now I'm in the process of bringing Hariet and Elena up to speed in terms of level. Unfortunately, my Budew has yet to evolve. Currently, my team consists of:

• Vern - Lv. 23 Braixen
    • Kyo - Lv. 23 Budew
    • Hariet - Lv. 17 Spritzee
    • Elena - Lv. 15 Mienfoo

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Pokemon Y: OliveCopper's adventure to catch 'em All.

Good evening, I am OliveCopper, and I am going to catch all 719 Pokémon on Pokemon Y. I'm borrowing a friend's 3DS for now, since I don't have one of my own. This playthrough will be text-only, so I will not post any videos or screenshots.

Proffessor Sycamore greets me into the world of Pokemon, allowing me to set up the start of my journey.

The game starts with me getting pecked by a Fletchling, waking me up. I change out of my Pajamas and set off on my adventure. I then arrive at Aquacorde Town, and choose Fennekin as my starter. Me and Fennekin easily defeat Shauna's Chespin, then I return back home and deliver the Prof.'s Letter. My mother's Rhyhorn licked me in the face, then I continued to the PokéBall building in Aquacorde to buy 10 Pokéballs, and get a free Premier Ball.

A guaranteed appearance of Pidgey appears, therefore, I catch it. After catching Pidgey, I meet up with Serena, who demonstrates how to catch a Pokémon. (I mean, do they need to do a capture tutorial for every single game? Get a life, GameFreak!) Shauna, watching the demonstration, flails her arms and shouts in shock. Serena then gives me 10 more Pokéballs. I immediately use one of them to catch the Bunnelby I immediately encounter. After that, I run into another Bunnelby, which I catch as well. After defeating Youngster Austin, I trek into Santalune Forest, where I catch a Caterpie. Shauna then finds a free Paralyze Heal, and gives it to me. I then battle another Youngster, who's Scatterbug was too easy for my Fennekin. Right as I step into the grass, a wild Pikachu appeared. Out of sheer happiness, I go about catching it, which I eventually succeed. Serena offers me an extra Pokéball, which I accept by talking to her. The next battle is against a Lass with a Pikachu! It's a Pika Party! (Not, since I didn't use my own Pikachu.) I finally find my way out of Santalune Forest, and head straight to Santalune City. At Santalune City, I cross paths with a hiker that is willing to trade a Bunnelby for his Farfetch'd, I accept that trade with one of my own Bunnelby, recieving the Farfetchd in return.

I will continue and go for the photographer gym leader some time later. See you until then.

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
    Years
  • 4 June 2014 -- I was so busy staring at myself in the mirror at the Reflection Cave that I forgot that I had a journey to fulfill. It almost seemed like my Kalos adventures were forgotten, looking narcissistically at a mirror.

I have explored halfway through Reflection Cave, finding mainly Wobbufett, Roggenrola, but also Mr. Mime (which I will catch when I obtain more Great Balls). And I've faced a few trainers, including one blackbelt that only gives one-word interjections apparently (BATTLE!). I managed to catch up to my friend who gave me Flash. And all is well. Good night.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    So my first post in this thread is a little poor since I have completed X, however...

Currently, Adam from Vaniville town is located in Lumiose City.

After a hard days grinding he has finally evolved his Metang into a Metagross, and Shelgon into a Salamence. This means after almost three weeks of levelling, breeding and GTSing (mixed with coursework and University assignments ;) ) the Hoenn Pokédex is completed and the living Pokédex is over half way.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My update is:
    I traded a pokemon for another and I just realised it was a Shiny one!! And it is my very first Shiny. It is a Gastrodon JAP lvl 30 ^_^
    That sounds like a Friend Safari catch. Very nice.

As of tonite, I can up that. Was training in my available Audino Safari, with the Chansey available in the third slot and Teddiursa in the first. I had Diggersby tagging along for Pickup abilities, and I only used them because they have the extra boost for trade leveling (received at Lv.3, but never used the Amie with them). I reached Lv.48 and taught one of them Super Fang, and already collected my first picked up Moon Stone among the usual crap (Repel, Ether, Escape Rope, etc.).

The very next encounter was a Shiny Teddiursa. My heart skipped a beat for a moment when I realized I had nothing below Lv.48 due to extensive training, and no Quick Balls...then I remembered Super Fang. While I later experimented and Grass Knot WOULD have been good for a single hit, I couldn't take my chances at that moment and swapped Diggersby in for his first battle. Two bites later, I had a Lv.30 Shiny Teddiursa in a standard Pokéball. 81 HP and stats of 68 44 35 44 35, giving me perfect IVs likely in Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. I'm thrilled. I was even more thrilled when I read "Honey Gather", its hidden ability.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    As the journey continues, Adam finds himself continually looking on the GTS and around the Pokemon Day-Care centre. At the moment, you will find a Garchomp and a Ditto in the Day Care centre, currently for gaining the pre-volutions of Garchomp. Ditto, having never really been out of Day Care is now on level 93.

Additionally, Adam recieved a package from the Unova region, containing 4 pokeballs, these pokemon were Sewaddle, Buneary, Minchinno, Finneon. These will join the rest of the Pokemon within the PC storage system.

As well as this, Adam's friend MrCarbo decided he would trade a Remoraid for a Kricketot as Adam was in need of this Pokemon, the trade was successful!

Finally, a trip to glittering cave was taken for fossil searching, after a considerable amount of time (around 2 hours) a skull fossil was finally found and a cute little Cranidos to the Box.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    f6daddc0-33db-11e3-8e71-068eb58f148d.png
    Pokemon Trainer Miau Badges: 8 Pokedex: 672

012.png

Marshmallo ♀ lv. 62
    Compound Eyes
    Relaxed, impetuous and silly
    Thief · Toxic
    Venoshock · Acrobatics
    663.png

Fournier ♂ lv. 81
    Flame Body
    Relaxed and highly curious
    Flame Charge · Fly
    U-turn · Me First
    095.png

Brock ♂ lv. 39
    Rock Head
    Gentle and quick to flee
    Rock Smash · Rock Tomb
    Strength · Rock Slide

Today I find myself wandering aimlessly though Glittering Cave. Well, not aimlessly; I'm looking for an elusive Sun Stone, essential to fill yet another page in my 'dex, Sunflora. This red stone is only found here, attached to the bodies of wild Solrock. The team leader is Marshmallo the Butterfree, transported all the way from Unova -- hence the truncated name... Thanks to her ability, Compound Eyes, any wild Pokemon we encounter are more likely to carry an item, which will then promptly steal with Thief.

Glittering Cave is known to be a maze that challenges even experienced explorers, so we're still following the narrow passage, cautious at every step. Apart from a few insolent Machop that we quickly put in their place, the Pokemon are scarce. Finally, after a number of twists and turns, we reach the deepest cavern. Nothing seems out of the ordinary apart from a couple of abandoned mining carts, proof that this used to be, in fact, a prime spot for fossil hunters. I call out Brock, who seems familiar with the surroundings. After all, he was caught in this very cave a long time ago, when I was still an aspiring trainer in Kalos.

After a quick break, I have Brock uncover some precious fossils using Rock Smash on the large boulders laying on the ground. The thumps reverberate through the wide cavern, disturbing a wild Onix, who furiously appears from the rubble. Enraged, it strikes the walls of the cave, throwing large rocks at Brock, preventing him from moving. Rock Slide!, I command, and with that, the rocks are lifted high up into the air, encircling Brock's raised body. With just a flick of the head, he hurls the storm of rocks back at the wild Onix, completely burying it. Then, silence. In the aftermath of the battle, I pick up a chunk of Luminous Moss that came off the walls of the cave. It glows with a faint, emerald light, and it's spongy to the touch. Its use in battle has been discovered recently: when attached to the body of a Pokemon, it absorbs Water-type attacks, increasing Special Defense. But now is not the time for technicalities; I recall Brock, and we flee, leaving behind the scene of the battle, piles of cracked rocks, that will surely be picked up by Dwebble swarms in search of suitable homes.

Soon we're on our way back to the exit to Spikes Passage. The noise must have agitated the wild Pokemon, as there is a new encounter at every turn. There is a rare Rhyhorn and a Kangaskhan, carrying her baby in her pouch. We press forward. Finally, I can see light. The exit? No, it's a Solrock, giving off light while it spins in midair. Yes, it is exactly the Pokemon we came here to look for! Use Thief, Marshmallo! She flies around the Meteorite Pokemon, fluttering her wings through its golden spines, while carefully eyeing every inch of its core. There's a sharp cracking sound, she lets go, and the Solrock flees. Humming victoriously, Marshmallo glides back holding a Sun Stone!

At long last, we make it out of the cave. We skip the Rhyhorn ride through Spikes Passage, and instead Fly back to Ambrette Town on Fournier's back. Our next stop: the lab, where we will drop off our abundant loot: six Root Fossils from a plant that once lived on the bottom of the sea; an Armor Fossil from the collar of a created that once roamed the land; a Claw Fossil, fragment of the claw of an underwater Pokemon; a Plume Fossil, a hardened feather of a flightless bird; and four pieces of Old Amber that may still contain genetic material.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Following on from the previous entry, Adam's attempt to complete the National Pokédex has come to a final conclusion today. After six tireless months of trading alongside studying, he has now collected one of every Pokémon. Additionally, his living Pokédex is now complete up until the 5th Generation.

Today has been a momentous occasion!

Years
  • I got my 6th gym badge from Laverre City. Afterwards, I stopped Team Flare from taking over the Poke Ball Factory with the help of Serena. I then started my way to Dendemile town. I am currently in Frost Cavern, training my Haunter. My team is over leveled as heck because I left my exp share on the whole game lel

Greninja Lv. 50 Holding Nothing
    Surf
    Extrasensory
    Water Pledge
    Smack Down

Mienshao Lv. 50 Holding a Black Belt
    High Jump Kick
    Meditate
    Drain Punch
    Fake Out

Haunter Lv. 38 Holding a Gengarite
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Claw
    Dazzling Gleam
    Shadow Ball

Pidgeot Lv. 50 Holding an Amulet Coin
    Wing Attack
    Fly
    Quick Attack
    Roost

Venusaur Lv. 50 Holding a Venusaurite Can Mega Evolve
    Petal Blizzard
    Double Edge
    Venoshock
    Petal Dance

Ampharos lv. 49 Holding an Ampharosite Can Mega Evolve
    Take Down
    Thunderbolt
    Cotton Guard
    Power Gem

Last edited:

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
    Years
  • I am currently in Frost Cavern, training my Haunter. (If anyone wants to trade my Haunter and trade it back to me so it can evolve, message me my friend code is 4184-1909-6975.)
    My friend code is 4613-7806-1491. I added you, so if you add me back, I can do that trade with you to evolve it. :) Just let me know what time you are on.

NikokingFanboy

Old-School Kanto Trainer
    Years
  • Hello there! 1st post here :b

I bought recently a 3DS and has a Pokemon fan I had to play the newer gens =) My 1s Pokemon game was Red for dat brick of a Gameboy haha

So far I've got the 1st badge and spending my time exploring EVERYTHING, trying to get those 'hidden' items and what not. I'm catching every pokemon that I seem to like, don't like Flabébe but it evolves into a strong Pokemon so I have to get it :p

I really like that 'battle' palace that you are given a title, it's very nice. At the moment I'm riding a Rhyhorn to the fossil cave! :b

I have a team of six pokemon but still haven't decided on a defenitive one, I want my Charmeleon(atm), Pidgeotto, Frogadier and a Farfetch that I traded from a Bunny.

This is how the current team looks like:
    Farfetch lvl27
    Carmeleon lvl24
    Pikachu lvl24
    Frogadier lvl25
    Pancham lvl23
    Pedgeotto lvl25

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • May 7, 2014

I finally got back to some Pokémon training. My Lucario got to try out Mega Evolution for the first time. Mega Lucario was landing some devastating Force Palms!

May 8, 2014

Just after midnight I reached Coumarine City! The seaside city was quite widespread. The lower part of the city sat right on Azure Bay, while high up on the cliffs was the upper half of the city. I did a bit of exploring near the docks, and found a fisherman who gave me a Good Rod. I also found a stand that gave away free berries.

When I entered the Seaside Station, I saw Professor Sycamore stepping off of the monorail with Diantha. He eagerly asked what I had learned about mega evolution in Shalour City. I demonstrated for him by releasing my Lucario and having it evolve into Mega Lucario! Then he left the station, and Diantha followed him after once again stating that she hopes to be able to battle me sometime.

I stopped for a quick rest at the Pokémon Center, and then returned to Fourrage Road. I found a little hidden corner of the beach where I discovered a Water Stone! I couldn't ask for better timing, since I can make immediate use of it. I released Eevee from its Net Ball, and touched the Water Stone to it, and it evolved into a Vaporeon!

"Vaporeon, the Bubble Jet Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Vaporeon have evolved to be suitable for an aquatic life. They prefer beautiful shores. With cells similar to water molecules, they can invisibly melt away into water."

164. Vaporeon

For Vaporeon's first battle, we challenged a fisherman who used six Magikarp. Why does every region seem to have one of these guys?

When I returned to the Pokémon Center in Coumarine City, I found out I had earned a new medal. Nothing like being rewarded for watching TV! That makes 63 medals.

A-034-1 Adventure Television Kid A Medal given to today's children who get absorbed in television and can't help watching it. 05/08/2014

Korrina contacted me and said that she was done training my Cubone. I transferred my Lucario to Professor Sycamore so he could study mega evolution, and had Korrina send me my Cubone. I had Cubone practice some combinations with its newly learned Power-Up Punch outside the Coumarine hotel. It was coming along, but still needed some work. Someone who saw us practicing awarded my Cubone the Careless Ribbon, which makes 5 ribbons for my Cubone!

May 9, 2014

I finished training the current team, then rotated my Pokémon, and had Panpour, Meowstic(M), Frogadier, Wormadam(S), Inkay, and Pansage sent to me.

May 10, 2014

While I was training the team, I noticed Inkay was turning upside-down more than usual. After one battle, it stayed upside-down. Then it started to evolve! Whoa, talk about a change! Who's that Pokémon?

"Malamar, the Overturning Pokémon, and the evolved form of Inkay. Malamar lure their prey close with hypnotic motions, and then wrap their tentacles around the prey before finishing it off with digestive fluids. They wield the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and they force others to do whatever they want."

165. Malamar

I then had six more Pokémon sent to me: Absol, Axew, Mawile, Pidgeotto, Honedge, and Marill.
    While training on the beach, my Marill evolved into an Azumarill!

166. Azumarill

At the end of the night, I gave my Pokémon to Nurse Joy to treat, then had Eevee (Timer Ball), Doduo, Oddish, Ninjask, Plusle, and Pansear sent to me.

May 11, 2014

Such perfect weather today. Sunny, warm, and no humidity. Who could ask for more?

After celebrating Mother's Day with the family, I took my Pokémon outside in the beautiful weather to train. I had a Fire Stone on hand that I recently found, so I gave it to my Eevee, and it evolved into Flareon!

"Flareon, the Flame Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Flareon have a flame sac inside their bodies. Their body temperature tops 1,650 degrees Fahrenheit before battle. After inhaling deeply, they blow out flames of nearly 3,000 degrees."

167. Flareon

I then decided to do some Super Training with my Cubone. I had it transferred to me, and it earned a Smile Ribbon, as well as another Super Training award. That makes six ribbons, and it was the second Super-Secret Training challenge. It even earned a Leaf Stone for doing so well! I placed the Leaf Stone in my bag, and sent Cubone back to Camphrier Town for the moment while I train my current team of six Pokémon.

May 12, 2014

After work I did some training, then rotated my Pokémon and had Amaura, Pancham, Shedinja, Zangoose, Skiploom, and Ducklett sent to me.

May 17, 2014

Another rotation, this time Nosepass, Throh, Mienfoo, Gulpin, Electrike, and Spoink.

May 26, 2014

While training on Memorial Day, my Gulpin evolved into a Swalot!

"Swalot, the Poison Bag Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gulpin. Swalot gulp anything that fits in their mouths, swallowing it whole. Their special enzymes can dissolve anything. They sweat toxic fluid from their follicles to douse foes."

168. Swalot

May 28, 2014

It's a beautiful day out, and I did some training with the current team, then rotated them out for Croagunk, Nidoran(M), Dunsparce, Dwebble, Lunatone, and Carbink. I'm most excited to train with Carbink, I'm looking forward to seeing what a rock/fairy-type can do!

June 8, 2014

While at the Destiny USA mall, I stopped at the Pokémon Center inside and rotated my Pokémon. I had Machop, Meditite, Roselia, Butterfree, Chingling, and Seviper sent to me. During the day, my Machop evolved into a Machoke!

169. Machoke

Later that evening once I returned home, I had Minun, Kangaskhan, Scraggy, Aerodactyl, Beedrill, and Starly transferred to me. I went outside to do some training, and gave Aerodactyl the strange Mega Stone the researchers from Ambrette Town gave me. It reacted to my Mega Ring, and my Aerodactyl mega evolved into Mega Aerodactyl!

June 9, 2014

I spent a lot of time training with my powerful new Mega Aerodactyl this evening.

June 11, 2014

I had Houndour, Diggersby, Kadabra, Wormadam (T), Audino, and Loudred sent to me. Loudred was a perfect counter to all the annoying wild Chatot in the area, since its Soundproof ability makes it immune to most of a Chatot's moves.

June 12, 2014

In the morning on this rainy day off from work, I had Golbat, Eevee (Luxury Ball), Pikachu, Mime Jr, Whirlipede, and Eevee (Quick Ball). I let Eevee out of its Luxury Ball and gave it the Soothe Bell I acquired. I looked in my bag and I found that I also had a Thunderstone, so I let my other Eevee out of its Quick Ball and gave it the evolution stone. Obviously, it evolved into a Jolteon!

"Jolteon, the Lightning Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Jolteon accumulate negative ions in the atmosphereto blast out 10,000-volt lightning bolts. The hair on their bodies starts to stand sharply on end if it becomes charged with electricity."

170. Jolteon

I traveled all the way back to the Battle Chateau, stopping off in Cyllage City to give my other Eevee a massage. I trained against several trainers at the chateau. One of them had a Glaceon, and after my battle against it my Eevee evolved into an Espeon!

"Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Glaceon lower their body heat to freeze their fur. The hairs then become like needles they can fire. They can also freeze the atmosphere around them to make a diamond-dust flurry."

"Espeon, the Sun Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Espeon have fur so sensitive they can feel minute shifts in the air and predict the weather. The tips of their forked tails quiver when they are predicting their opponents' next moves."

171. Espeon

I asked Marquis Caen where he found an Icy Rock to evolve his Glaceon, and he said that far to the northeast in Kalos is a cave called Frost Cavern, and that his Eevee evolved while he was training inside. I'll have to keep that in mind for my other Eevee. Come to think of it, I wonder where Moss Rock is too?

I spent a good part of the afternoon there training, and then I rotated my Pokémon for Wingull, Skitty, Emolga, Luvdisc, Sigilyph, and Lapras. I figured since I had a Lapras now, I could return to some areas I already visited and see what I could find by Surfing or fishing with my Good Rod.

June 16, 2014

I did some gardening over the weekend and harvested a lot of berries. I decided to travel back to Santalune City, since I knew there were some Pokémon around that area that I still needed to catch. I rode on Lapras on the pond on Ouvert Way, and actually found a Dawn Stone on the other side of it. I battled lots of Masquerain and Marill, which were good opponents for my Emolga and Sigilyph. I eventually discovered an egg near the pond as well. While I was battling some more, the egg hatched. It was a Surskit!

172. Surskit

I then did some fishing at the same pond. I hooked a Goldeen and a Corphish, which I easily caught thanks to Emolga's Nuzzle attack!

173. Goldeen

174. Corphish

I then moved over to nearby Détourner Way. I cast my Good Rod out again, and this time caught a Carvanha!

175. Carvanha

I passed through Camphrier Town and visited with my Pokémon. My Ivysaur was motioning me to come take a look at something. Under a tree was a small Pokémon egg. I took it with me, and just outside town, it hatched. It was a Munchlax!

176. Munchlax

Back