• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
  • This is turning out to be a great month for me! My birthday, Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions Tour, and a new shiny Pokemon as well!!

September 11, 2014

I will be spending the rest of this week at Long Beach Island. While playing on the beach, my Psyduck evolved into Golduck!

"Golduck, the Duck Pokémon, and the evolved form of Psyduck. Golduck appear by waterways at dusk. Their forelegs are webbed, helping to make them adept swimmers. They can be seen swimming elegantly in lakes. They may use telekinetic powers if their foreheads glow mysteriously."

219. Golduck

Later that evening I had Pancham, Pansear, Smeargle, Clauncher, and Sableye sent to me.

September 12, 2014

While having a battle at Restaurant Le Yeah, my Pancham started to evolve! Apparently, fighting side-by-side in a triple battle with my Sableye caused it to gain dark-type and evolve into Pangoro!

220. Pangoro

Then it was time to bring out the next set of Pokémon: my second Clamperl, Quilladin, Mawile, Croagunk, and Nidoran(F). I gave this Clamperl the DeepSeaScale to hold.

During the restaurant battle I had with that team, my Nidoran evolved into Nidorina!

221. Nidorina

September 13, 2014
    10:00am

Looks like I got an early birthday present this morning. While I was passing through Versant Road on the way to the Battle Chateau, I ran into a wild Pokémon. Though this is a typical occurrence as I have to pass through some unavoidable tall grass on the route, this time it made me stop. It was a brown Pancham! I immediately tossed a Poké Ball, and easily caught it! My first Kalos-exclusive shiny Pokémon, and my lucky 13th shiny Pokémon on Saturday the 13th, I caught a shiny Pancham!

shiny_pancham_global_link_art_by_trainerparshen-d6wac4m_zpsa5fb4c4f.png

My new Pancham was going to stay with Professor Sycamore with my recently caught shiny Wingull for the time being. Then I returned to my training, and then rotated in Spoink, Bagon, Dunsparce, Roselia, and Plusle. During the restaurant battles, my Bagon evolved into Shelgon!

222. Shelgon

September 14, 2014

When I walked into one of the Pokémon Centers in Lumiose City, I received quite a surprise! There was a small announcement and celebration in honor of it being my birthday. Pretty cool effects!

September 16, 2014

I was doing some battling at the Battle Chateau, and my Spoink evolved into a Grumpig!

"Grumpig, the Manipulate Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spoink. Grumpig use black pearls to amplify their psychic power. They do an odd dance to control foes' minds and gain control over them."

223. Grumpig

Then something very unexpected happened. I was awarded the elite title of Grand Duke of the Battle Chateau! I thought that title was reserved for those who had won the Kalos league, but I was apparently misinformed.

B-012-5 Battle Grand Duke A Medal for Trainers who have been granted the title of Grand Duke at the Battle Chateau. 09/16/2014

September 17, 2014

I rotated through quite a few Pokémon today: Beedrill, Tauros, Pikachu, Eevee in a Nest Ball, and Malamar first then Kecleon, Azumarill, Whirlipede, Kadabra, and Snubbull next. During some restaurant battles, my Snubbull evolved into Granbull, and then my Whirlipede evolved into Scolipede!

224. Granbull

225. Scolipede

Holy cow, I finally obtained half of the Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex! And it only took about 10 months… wow. I don't think I can say I ever caught 225 Pokémon in that short a period of time before; actually, probably not even in twice that either. This Kalos journey is definitely very intensely focused on obtaining Pokémon and completing the Pokédex, more so than any journey in any previous region!

September 18, 2014

I rotated in Honedge, Wartortle, Mienfoo, Wailmer, and Ledian.

September 19, 2014

It's the day of the Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions Tour in Philadelphia! During some morning training at the hotel in Philly, I was using Honedge in a fair about of battles. After one battle, it started to glow. My Honedge was evolving! It pretty much duplicated itself and became two swords instead of one. Very awesome! Who's that Pokémon?

"Doublade, the Sword Pokémon, and the evolved form of Honedge. Doublade cooperate via telepathy to coordinate attacks and slash their enemies to ribbons. The complex attack patterns of their two swords are unstoppable, even for an opponent greatly accomplished at swordplay."

226. Doublade

I soon rotated in the next group of Pokémon: Umbreon, Pansage, Heracross, Axew, and Chingling. My Key Stone started to glow, and even Heracross seemed attracted to something in my bag. One of the Mega Stones was glowing. I had Heracross hold it for a while. In one of my battles, I was able to trigger it, and Heracross Mega Evolved into Mega Heracross! Now that's battle armor! It also appears to gain the ability Skill Link, which is actually pretty awesome because it makes Pin Missile more powerful of a move than even Megahorn, one of the strongest bug-type moves out there.

The Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions Tour was amazing. It brought back so many memories of my Pokémon journey from the last 16 years. It was great seeing such a large turnout of Pokémon trainers for an amazing show. I hope this is not the last time that I ever get to see something like this, but even if it is, it is an experience I will never forget.

September 20, 2014

I finished training the current team before leaving Philly to return home, and then had Emolga, my regular Wingull, Machoke, Miltank, and Pidgeotto sent to me.

That night, during some battles at Restaurant Le Yeah, my Wingull evolved into Pelipper!

"Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wingull. Pelipper are messengers of the skies, carrying small Pokémon and eggs to safety in their bills. They can dip their large bills in the sea, then scoop up numerous prey along with water."

227. Pelipper

Later, while doing some final battling with my Chingling before rotating it out of the line-up, we battled a few fighting-type Pokémon in a row at the Battle Chateau, and my Chingling evolved into Chimecho!

228. Chimecho

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
  • September 21, 2014

I'm finally getting close to be done with the current rotation! I took Seviper, Trash Cloak Wormadam, Sigilyph, Mime Jr, and Swirlix with me.

September 22, 2014

Back to work, and hopefully all my travel for business and pleasure are both done for a while. It's been fun, but I'm ready for a routine again.

September 23, 2014

I was doing some early morning training at the Battle Chateau, and my Mime Jr. evolved into Mr. Mime!

229. Mr. Mime

I then rotated in the final group of Pokémon before my next gym battle: Goldeen, Marowak, Vivillon, and Frogadier.

September 26, 2014

Now that I trained my large and growing number of Pokémon, I'm ready to start thinking about my next gym badge! Since the Lumiose City Gym is an electric-type gym, my Cubone will do more than fine against any Pokémon there. I reviewed the electric-type Pokémon I've seen in central and coastal Kalos, but there may be Pokémon that live in the eastern mountains that might catch me off guard. So I want to make sure I have a good variety of Pokémon and move types. I figure Pyroar could lend me some fire-type support, and I think I'd like to take along one Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Pinsir might not be the best choices since they are part flying-type, so I decided to go with my Heracross.

September 27, 2014

So I entered Prism Tower at the center of the city. I took the elevator up to the next floor and was met by Bonnie, the gym leader's little sister. She says that she challenges all gym visitors first with a "Who's that Pokémon?" quiz. I agreed to take it, as long as I could battle every trainer in the gym regardless. Every floor had three trainers, only one who stood in front of the elevator that represented the correct answer to Bonnie's questions. I was sure to choose that elevator last.

The first floor trainers did have a Pokémon that was a small surprise. It looks like Stunfisk can be found in the mountains of Kalos!

"Stunfisk, the Trap Pokémon. Stunfisk conceal themselves in the mud of the seashore. Then they wait. When prey touch them, they deliver jolts of electricity. Their skin is very hard, so they are unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. They smile when transmitting electricity."

On the next floor, one of the trainers used a Magneton. Made me thankful that I had my Pyroar with me!

"Magneton, the Magnet Pokémon. Magneton discharge powerful magnetic waves at high voltage and generate strange radio signals. They raise the temperature by 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit within 3,300 feet."

The next floor was slightly tough. One trainer had a Lanturn, a good choice to battle the many ground-type Pokémon that most people brought with them to an electric-type gym. Luckily, I had Heracross with me for that challenge. Then I battled an Electrode! I haven't seen one of those in a while. Thankfully, it did not use Self-Destruct. And finally, the last trainer on that floor had an Ampharos.

"Electrode, the Ball Pokémon. Electrode store an overwhelming amount of electricity inside their bodies. Even a small shock makes them explode. They are feared, and have the nickname 'The Bomb Ball'."

"Ampharos, the Light Pokémon, and the evolved form of Flaaffy. Ampharos act as a beacon for lost people. The tip of their tail shines brightly and can be seen from far away."

As a bonus, my Pyroar learned Flamethrower, which is much more powerful than its previously known Fire Fang, especially since its special attack is way higher than its attack. Having defeated all the trainers in the gym, I doubled back to the Pokémon Center right near Prism Tower, and gave my Pokémon a rest before our big gym challenge.

Lumiose City Gym Challenge
    Vs. Clemont

I exited the elevator on the top floor of the Lumiose Gym, where Bonnie and Clemont were waiting on the battlefield.

"Thank you again for coming," Clemont greeted. "Allow me to introduce myself…"

"This is my big brother, Clemont, the Gym Leader of Lumiose City!" Bonnie rushed in and interrupted. "And you'd better watch out! He's strong! As strong as you'd expect a Gym Leader to be, got it?"

A mechanical Aipom arm extended from Clemont's backpack and grabbed Bonnie. Clemont scolded her. "Bonnie! How many times have I told you not to do that! And it's not my own strength that matters anyway; it's our Pokémon's strength that counts."

"I know, I know!" Bonnie yelled. "But I hope you two have an awesome battle!"

"She's got a lot of energy," I chuckled as I took my place on the field.

"Well, she was right about one thing," Clemont said as he stood at the other end of the field. "Let's both do our best in this battle!"

We both readied our first Poké Ball. Clemont's was in the grip of his Aipom arm.

"Emolga, let's go!" Clemont yelled as he sent out his first Pokémon.

"An Emolga!" I said, slightly annoyed. "What it is with electric Gym Leaders and that Pokémon! Well, I have the perfect choice for that. Cubone, maximize!"

Out popped my Pokémon partner, ready to battle.

"Look at that Cubone's cool color!" cried Bonnie. "It's sooo cute! I never saw one like that!"

"A predictable choice for an electric gym challenge," Clemont assessed. "But my Pokémon know more than just electric-type moves. Emolga, use Aerial Ace!"

Emolga was fast, and struck Cubone with its move.

"And my Cubone knows more than just ground-type moves!" I responded. "Here's something we picked up from the Cyllage City Gym. Cubone, use Rock Tomb!"

"What? Oh no!" cried Clemont. The stones circled and encircled Emolga, closing in for a super-effective hit! Emolga crashed to the ground.

"Emolga is unable to battle," called the robotic judge. "Cubone wins!"

"A well designed plan, I have to admit," complimented Clemont. "Emolga, return, and thank you. Now for my next Pokémon. Go, Heliolisk!"

"A what?" I asked. "Who's that Pokémon?"

"Heliolisk, the Generator Pokémon, and the evolved form of Helioptile. Heliolisk flare their frills and generate energy. They stimulate their muscles with this electricity, boosting the strength in their legs and enabling them to run 100 yards in five seconds. They can generate sufficient electricity to power a skyscraper."

"Yes, Heliolisk was very helpful during the recent power outage," Clemont added.

"Well, it's still a part normal-type I see," I assessed. "Cubone, great job out there, return for now. Heracross, maximize!"

"Hm." That was all Clemont had to say, though I think he noticed my Mega Stone. "Heliolisk, use Thunderbolt!"

The powerful attack shocked my Pokémon. "Are you ok Heracross?"

Heracross stood up, acknowledging my question. "Cross-Hera!"

"Good job!" I commended it. "Use Close Combat!"

Heliolisk was fast, but the flurry of speed that Heracross attacked with using the fighting-type move was more than Heliolisk could withstand.

"Heliolisk is unable to battle. Heracross wins!

"Nice job, Heracross! And you didn't even need to Mega Evolve!" I congratulated my Pokémon. "Now return and take a rest."

"Wow, you're Pokémon are well trained," Clemont complimented as he recalled his fallen Pokémon. "Looks like this is it. Magneton, let's go!"

I smiled immediately. "Looks like I made a good choice when I selected my Pokémon for this battle! Ok, Pyroar… maximize!"

And so the final round began.

"Let's go three for three with your new move," I called out. "Pyroar, use Flamethrower!"

The flames blasted Magneton! It looked like I would win, but… Magneton was still able to battle!

"Magneton's ability is Sturdy," Clemont said as he fixed his glasses. "Now, Magneton, use Electric Terrain!"

The entire battlefield was electrified! "What's that move?"

"Allow me to educate you," Clemont responded. "Electric Terrain is a move that boosts any grounded Pokémon's electric-type moves by 50%. It also keeps any Pokémon from falling asleep, by administering constant electric shocks to any Pokémon touching the terrain."

"Interesting move. But time to finish this. Pyroar, use Flamethrower again!"

"Magneton, use Thunderbolt!"

The two attacks collided! The Electric Terrain gave the advantage to Magneton, and Pyroar took quite a large hit from the Thunderbolt.

"Hang in there, Pyroar!" My Pokémon kept blasting with its Flamethrower, and it eventually connected! Magneton finally fell!

"Magneton is unable to battle. Pyroar wins the round. All of the Gym Leader's Pokémon have been defeated."

"Your passion for battle inspires me, Steve!" Clemont stated. "But there's no shame in losing, because you can always learn something new! Here you go; this is the badge you've earned for winning at the Lumiose Gym, the Voltage Badge!"

My fifth Kalos Gym Badge! I won the Voltage Badge!

OffRoadSP

Years
  • October 4, 2014

Professor Sycamore contacted me on the Holo Caster and asked me to meet him at Lysandre Café. I could go for some coffee, so I left the Pokémon Center and found the café nearby. Inside was none other than Lysandre himself, talking to the professor. They were discussing Mega Evolution, with Lysandre mentioning how he has never been able to Mega Evolve his Pokémon. Once they saw me, the topic changed a bit. They mentioned that Lysandre was rumored to be a descendant of an ancient king of Kalos, or the king's brother at least. They told a story of how an ancient king from 3,000 years ago built an ultimate weapon which nearly destroyed all life in the region. This king apparently used the legendary Pokémon of the Kalos region which represent life and death to achieve this goal. He related these two legendary Pokémon to the two types of people in the world: those who give, and those who take. He then handed me a King's Rock, and left.

"I guess I can use this to evolve my Slowpoke," I said as I placed the item in my bag. "Professor Sycamore, can I stop by your lab to see how my Wingull and Pancham are doing?"

"Of course!" Sycamore replied. "I'm heading back there now. Why don't you follow me and tell me how your battle against Clemont went?"

We talked as we navigated the streets of Lumiose City, finally reaching his lab. When we reached his research area, I saw my Wingull and Pancham playing with a Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. They must be for new trainers.

"Everyone, come out!" I released my Cubone, Heracross, and Pyroar from their Poké Balls.

"Thanks for letting me keep them here for a while to help with my research," the professor stated. "I'm especially excited to learn more about Heracross's Mega Evolution."

"No problem," I replied. "But I've been wanting to train my Wingull and Pancham a bit. I was hoping to get my hands on some Pokémon vitamins, but I can't find any place in town that sells them."

"Ah, you'll find a shop like that north of here," answered Sycamore. "They're sold in Laverre City. If you take the north gate out of town, you'll find the Laverre Nature Trail that will lead you right to the city. There's also a Pokémon gym there!"

"Great!" I exclaimed. "Then that will be my next destination."

"I was just on the nature trail the other day, doing some research on the wild Pokémon that live there. One moment." Professor Sycamore left the room briefly, and returned carrying two Pokémon eggs. "I found these eggs out there. One was in the swamp, and one in the tall grass near an old house. I think you should take them with you."

"Thanks again for everything, professor!" I then turned to Cubone. "Cubone, you're going to stay here with the professor awhile, ok? I'll be back after I've done a little exploring."

And so, it's time to being rotating through and training all my Pokémon. Due to the large number of Pokémon I've obtained in Kalos, I finally realize that it just isn't efficient to try to get through them all in between each badge. So, to keep things moving, and not get bored "experience-grinding," I've decided that this time I'm going to focus on the Pokémon in the Coastal Pokédex. In addition, I'll include any Pokémon new to me from Kalos, and the few Pokémon I caught in the Mountain Pokédex. That should keep it to a manageable number. It seems that by doing that I'm looking at 18 groups of six. So the first group of Pokémon I will take with me is Pelipper, Quilladin, Machoke, Mr. Mime, Granbull, and Luvdisc. I'll leave Mr. Mime and Granbull behind for now, so I can carry the two Pokémon eggs.

When I left the professor's lab, I was contacted by Trevor. He said that everyone was meeting just outside the north gate on Route 14. Since I was heading that way, I decided to meet up with them. When I arrived, Trevor and Serena were there. Trevor and I compared our Pokédexes to see who found more Pokémon; I easily won, by a landslide. He said he most recently saw a Gible, but was unable to catch it. Then Serena challenged me as well, but this time, it was to a Pokémon battle!

"We'll do three on three!" Serena set the rules. "Go, Meowstic!"

"I wonder if it's the same three Pokémon she used the last two times we battled," I considered. "If you're going with that, I'll use Quilladin!"

Meowstic was definitely the faster Pokémon, striking first with Fake Out and then with Disarming Voice. But my Quilladin fired off a Pin Missile, and all five missiles hit, including one critical hit! It was a lucky first round win, since Quilladin probably couldn't withstand Meowstic's newly learned Psychic attack.

"Your Quilladin will be no match for this, Steve!" Serena yelled. "Delphox, come on out!"

"Whoa, what is that?" I stared in shock, pulling out my Pokédex. "Your Braixen must have evolved!"

"Delphox, the Fox Pokémon, and the evolved form of Braixen. Delphox gaze into the flames at the tips of their branch wands to achieve a focused state, which allows them to see into the future. Using psychic power, they can generate a fiery vortex of 5,400 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame."

Knowing that Quilladin wouldn't stand a chance, I swapped out for Pelipper. But despite the type advantage, Delphox's new move, Mystical Fire, was not very effective, but did lower my Pokémon's special attack, nerfing their water-type moves. Even with Roost, Pelipper was having trouble, so I swapped out for my third Pokémon, Luvdisc. Luckily, its Water Pulse confused Delphox, but it ultimately lost to Mystical Fire followed by Psybeam. I sent Pelipper back out, this time its special attack restored from returning to its Poké Ball for a bit. Delphox hurt itself in its confusion, giving Pelipper a chance to finally finish the battle with Brine.

Serena's final Pokémon was Absol, which I should have expected. My Machoke would have had an easy time with that, but I've already used three Pokémon. So I sent my Quilladin to battle Absol. Absol used its recently learned Swords Dance to power up, while my Quilladin decided to use the opportunity to restore some strength with Leech Seed. Another lucky Pin Missile later and Quilladin won the battle!

"Way to go Quilladin!" I yelled. Then it started to glow! "Hey, what's happening?"

Shauna, who had arrived during our battle chimed in. "It looks like your Quilladin is evolving!"

As the glow diminished, a large, humanoid Pokémon covered in spiked armor stood in front of me. "How cool looking is that! I have to check this out!"

"Chesnaught, the Spiny Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Quilladin. Chesnaught could withstand a bomb blast when they take a defensive posture with their fists guarding their face. Their Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. They shield their allies from danger with their own bodies."

"Wow, and it's part fighting-type too now!" I exclaimed. "And it learned a new move, something called Spiky Shield?"

"That's a move that protects Chesnaught from attacks," Trevor educated me. "In addition, it deals damage to anyone that makes physical contact."

"Interesting, it's like Protect with a Rocky Helmet," I stated.

230. Chesnaught

Then Tierno showed up too, fresh from the fighting-dojo turned dance studio. Apparently it's run by the karate master from the fighting dojo in Kanto! Regardless, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno decided to check out the nearby scary house that was rumored to be haunted, while Serena decided to explore the route with her Pokémon. I sat on a swing at a nearby playground to study my new Chesnaught. As I did, one of my eggs hatched into a Wooper! Shortly after, as I explored further along the route and reaching a swamp, my other egg hatched into a Gastly!

"Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon. Wooper live in cold water. When the temperature cools in the evening, they emerge from water to seek food along the shore."

"Gastly, the Gas Pokémon. Gastly are born from gases. Despite lacking substance, anyone would faint if engulfed by their gaseous bodies, which contain poison."

231. Wooper

232. Gastly

I then returned to Professor Sycamore's lab, and dropped off Wooper and Gastly for him to examine and care for, then took Mr. Mime and Granbull with me.

I then started exploring the Laverre Nature Trail to see what kind of wild Pokémon live there. I saw some Weepinbell, Haunter, Carnivine, and even some Quagsire! It looks like some evolved wild Pokémon are common here.

"Quagsire, the Water Fish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wooper. Quagsire are carefree and have easygoing natures. They lie at the river's bottom, waiting for prey to stray into their mouths. While swimming, they always bump into boat hulls."

Then I saw what appeared at first to be a Ditto because of its size, amorphous shape, and color. Except, when I got closer, I realized it had additional features and was something else. Who's that Pokémon?

"Goomy, the Soft Tissue Pokémon. Goomy are the weakest dragon-type Pokémon. They are covered in a slimy membrane that makes any punches or kicks slide off them harmlessly. They live in damp, shady places so their bodies don't dry out."

So it's a dragon-type Pokémon. It's definitely the oddest looking dragon I've seen. But, this swampy area must be perfect for them to live in to keep them wet and slimy. Although, "Soft Tissue" Pokémon? Makes it sound more like a walking internal organ. Regardless, I'll have to keep my eye out for another to catch. I'm glad there's still some new Pokémon for me to discover even a year later in Kalos!

I then encountered a horde of Skorupi! I had Mr. Mime use Psybeam on most of them, and then I threw a Poké Ball at the last one, and caught it with a critical capture!

"Skorupi, the Scorpion Pokémon. Skorupi burrow under the sand to lie in wait for prey. Their tail claws can inject their prey with a savage poison. They tenaciously hang on until the poison takes."

233. Skorupi

Next I figured that I'd try exploring the swampy areas of the route. I discovered a Karrablast there! It looks like there's quite the variety of Pokémon on this trail.

"Karrablast, the Clamping Pokémon. Karrablast evolve when they receive electrical energy while they are near Shelmet."

After a little further exploration in the swamp, I found another Goomy, and managed to catch it!

234. Goomy

I wanted to get out of the swamp for a bit, so I returned to the rainy, grassy area nearby. It wasn't long until I found another horde, and this time it was a horde of Bellsprout! Though relatively weak, a horde of them can be fairly relentless with Poison Powder and Wrap sapping an enemy's strength. Mr. Mime was able to take out most of them before falling to the poison and Wrap, and then I caught the last one standing.

"Bellsprout, the Flower Pokémon. Bellsprout have a bud that looks like a human face. Because of the bud, they are rumored to be a type of legendary mandrake plant. Even though their bodies are extremely skinny, they are blindingly fast when catching their prey."

235. Bellsprout

Right on the heels of that capture, I ran into a wild Carnivine! I didn't even battle it; I just tossed a Poké Ball and got it with a critical capture!

236. Carnivine

Finally, I did find another Karrablast, and was able to battle and catch it.

237. Karrablast

OffRoadSP

Years
  • October 5, 2014

Man it's chilly out today! Still, I know there is more of the Laverre Nature Trail to explore, so I decided to get an early start. It didn't take long searching in the tall grass before I found a Shelmet! I tossed a Poké Ball and caught it immediately with a critical capture!

"Shelmet, the Snail Pokémon. Shelmet evolve when bathed in an electric-like energy along with Karrablast. The reason is still unknown."

238. Shelmet

I was heading back to the Pokémon center and passed through the edge of the swamp. Suddenly, I felt a small electric shock. I looked to see what might have caused it. There was a Stunfisk nearby! I've been getting lucky with this, so I just threw a Poké Ball right off the bat. It was no critical capture, but I managed to get it!

239. Stunfisk

I then rotated my Pokémon and took Amaura, Mienfoo, Throh, Furfrou, Spritzee, and Seviper with me. I did stop at the groomer in Lumiose City and treat my Furfrou to a Pharaoh Trim.

After some significant training on the nature trail, I was contacted by Professor Sycamore and asked to stop by his lab again. Brigette was there as well, and they were standing in front of the Poké Transporter.

"Hello, Steve!" Sycamore called out. "I know that you've been waiting to transfer some of your old Pokémon here to the Kalos region, so I figured I'd let you know that Brigette was here with her machine."

"I would like to give it a try," I said. "I haven't seen my Wailmer in years. Maybe I'll start with that one. Can I contact Professor Birch?"

I called Professor Birch in the Hoenn region, and he said that he had sent my Pokémon to Professor Oak in Kanto.

"Wow, it's been so long that I've forgot," I admitted.

"Actually, how about once you finish up your Kalos journey, you stop by my lab?" Birch asked. "I'd love to hear all about this Mega Evolution that Professor Sycamore has told me about!"

So that settles that. After I complete this journey, I already know my next destination. Still, I have three badges and over 200 Pokémon to catch, so I may be getting ahead of myself.

I then contacted Professor Oak and he said that Wailer was safe at his lab. Unfortunately, Brigette informed me that the Poké Transporter could not reach Kanto. So my next contact was Professor Rowan in Sinnoh.

Rowan informed me that he will contact the Pal Park and work on having some of my Pokémon transferred from Professor Oak's lab to the Sinnoh region. My next contact was Hayley at the Pokémon Ranch.

"Hi, Steve!" Hayley exclaimed. "It's been over 2 years since I've seen you! Your Pokémon sure missed you!"

"Sorry, Hayley," I replied. "I really do miss the ranch. But thank you so much for caring for them for this long. I'm hoping to bring them over to the Kalos region, where I'm at now. Could you send all my Pokémon to Professor Rowan's lab?"

And so, the long and grueling process of transferring all of my Pokémon from the last 3 generations of journeys is going to begin. I've only been putting it off for nearly a decade…

October 6, 2014

Just after midnight, I was informed that all my requested transfers were complete. Wailmer and a few other Pokémon were safe in Sinnoh. I would have liked to finish the Hoenn Contest circuit and maybe challenge the Battle Frontier, but I finally realized that if I haven't gotten to it in a decade, I'm not going to anytime soon. So I need to keep looking forward and not backward. I found out the process of transferring my other Pokémon from Kanto to Sinnoh is going to take quite a while, since apparently the Pal Park system can only handle six Pokémon per day. Well, I guess I'm not in that big a hurry.

Conversely, Hayley was able to transfer all of my Pokémon at her ranch back to Professor Rowan. I have to admit, I always enjoyed the Pokémon Ranch, and I found it to be the best and most fun option for Pokémon storage. I hope there's something similar to that in the future. I'm going to miss watching the antics of my Pokémon at the ranch!

I decided to do a bit of Pokémon training before turning in for the night. Right when I was getting ready to wrap things up, my Amaura started to evolve! It doubled in size, becoming a massive Pokémon with awesome aura-like waves on its neck. Who's that Pokémon?

"Aurorus, the Tundra Pokémon, and the evolved form or Amaura. Aurorus have diamond-shaped crystals on their body that can instantly create a wall of ice to block an opponent's attack. They can also expel air as cold as -240 degrees Fahrenheit, surrounding their enemies and encasing them in ice."

240. Aurorus

In the morning I finished training the current group of Pokémon and then switched them out for Frogadier, Heracross, Hippowdon, Dedenne, Nidorino, and Remoraid.

October 8, 2014

After work I got to do some Pokémon training while still exploring the Laverre Nature Trail. Frogadier was enjoying training in the damp area. And then it started to evolve! I finally get to see the third final evolution of the Kalos starter Pokémon.

"Greninja, the Ninja Pokémon, and the evolved form of Frogadier. Greninja appear and vanish with a ninja's grace. They toy with their enemies using swift movements, and create throwing stars out of compressed water. When it spins them and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two."

241. Greninja

The Pokédex was right; it looks like by evolving it also learned a move that creates those watery ninja stars called Water Shuriken. It's pretty interesting as it's a combination of a water-type Fury Attack and Quick Attack rolled into one move.

I then spent a while longer training that team, and then rotated in Tyrunt, Boldore, Manectric, Wynaut, Krokorok, and Marowak.

October 10, 2014

After a few long days at work, I relaxed and did some Pokémon training, and my Wynaut evolved into Wobbuffet!

242. Wobbuffet

October 11, 2014

I think it's going to be a nice and relaxing weekend! I did some training around dusk, and then my Tyrunt started to evolve! Since Amaura evolved, I figured this might happen. Tyrunt quadrupled in size and became a much larger and powerful looking T-rex!

"Tyrantrum, the Despot Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tyrunt. Tyrantrum behaved like kings 100 million years ago. Thanks to their gargantuan jaws, which could shred thick metal plates as if they were paper, they were invincible in the ancient world they once inhabited."

243. Tyrantrum

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Currently Just defeated the 4th Gym and onward towards the Electrical Problem

*Why is it always the electrical grids in each land that get hit, lol*

Defeated the 4th gym leader with

Luxray Lv 41 - Nightslash, Baby Doll Eyes, Spark, Ice Fang

My team is in my Signature

OffRoadSP

Years
  • October 12, 2014

I rotated my Pokémon this morning for Mantyke, Yanma, Eevee (Nest Ball), Sigilyph, Talonflame, and Solrock. I started by battling in Restaurant Le Yeah, which gave them all great experience. Then I took them out to the Laverre Nature Trail, where my Yanma evolved into Yanmega! Hm. I wonder if there's a Mega Yanmega? That would just be odd.

244. Yanmega

After training the rest of that team a bit more, I swapped them out for Slugma, Ivysaur, Kangaskhan, Chinchou, Chatot, and Swellow. It wasn't too long before my Ivysaur finally evolved into Venusaur!

"Venusaur, the Seed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Ivysaur. Venusaur spread the broad petals of their flowers and catch the sun's rays, which fills their bodies with power. After a rainy day, the flower on their backs smells stronger. The scent attracts other Pokémon."

245. Venusaur

Then I noticed the Key Stone in my Mega Ring glowing. I then looked in my bag and one of the three Mega Stones that Professor Sycamore gave me was also glowing. It looks like it's Venusaurite, and when I gave it to my Venusaur, it mega evolved into Mega Venusaur!

Not long after that, my Chinchou also evolved! Now as a Lanturn, it's a much more durable Pokémon.

246. Lanturn

I then took that team to do some battling in Lumiose City. Then, once they had a good workout, I rotated in Vaporeon, Clamperl (holding a DeepSeaTooth), Golett, Swirlix, Flareon, and Pyroar. And it looks like the transfer was enough to finally let my Clamperl evolve into a Huntail!

"Huntail, the Deep Sea Pokémon, and an evolved form of Clamperl. Huntail live deep in the sea where no light ever filters down. Their tails are shaped like a small fish. They light up this tail to attract unsuspecting prey."

247. Huntail

October 14, 2014

Before work I sometimes squeeze in a few minutes of Pokémon training. This morning, I ran into some Pokémon I haven't seen on this route even though I've been spending days on it. It was a horde of Ekans! I battled them until there was one left, then tossed a Poké Ball and got it with a critical capture! (I'm getting really lucky with those!)

"Ekans, the Snake Pokémon. Ekans move silently and stealthily. They eat the eggs of birds, such as Pidgey and Spearow, whole. The older they get, the longer they grow. At night, they wrap their long bodies around tree branches to rest."

248. Ekans

October 15, 2014

I finished training the current team of Pokémon and then had Absol, Tentacool, Pinsir, Skuntank, Tauros, and Braixen sent to me. When I returned to the Laverre Nature Trail, I battled a Pokémon Ranger named Melina. She used two notable Pokémon against me. First she used an Arbok, which was an easy opponent for my Braixen. Then she used a Pyroar, but it looked very different from my Pyroar! Apparently male and female Pyroar have significantly different manes. After the battle, my Braixen evolved into Delphox!

"Arbok, the Cobra Pokémon, and the evolved form of Ekans. Arbok spread their chest wide and make eerie sounds by expelling air from their mouth. The pattern on their belly appears to be a frightening face. Weak foes will flee just at the sight of the pattern."

249. Delphox

Shortly after that, while exploring the swampy area of the route, my Tentacool evolved into Tentacruel!

"Tentacruel, the Jellyfish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Tentacool. Tentacruel each have 80 tentacles that move about freely. These tentacles are normally kept short. On hunts, they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey. They can sting, causing poisoning and sharp, stabbing pain."

250. Tentacruel

October 19, 2014

I continued to train that team throughout the rest of the week. Then today, I rotated through several teams of Pokémon: Trapinch, Houndoom, Jolteon, Mawile, Pangoro, and Swoobat; Aerodactyl, Vivillon, Rhyhorn, Doublade, Sawk, and my Eevee in a Dive Ball; and finally Binacle, Lapras, Wartortle, Sylveon, Flaaffy, and my Clamperl holding a DeepSeaScale. The first thing that happened was that my Clamperl evolved into a Gorebyss!

"Gorebyss, the South Sea Pokémon, and an evolved form of Clamperl. Gorebyss live at the bottom of the sea. Their swimming form is exquisitely elegant. With their thin mouth, they feed on seaweed that grows between rocks. In the springtime, their pink bodies turn more vivid for some reason."

251. Gorebyss

I then came across quite a creepy trainer on the Laverre Nature Trail. Her name was Anina, and she was saying our battle has been foretold since her past life. Yeah, creepy. Regardless, she battled me with her ghost-type Pokémon Litwick and Haunter. It was the first Litwick I've seen in Kalos, but my Wartortle easily defeated both opponents.

"Litwick, the Candle Pokémon. Litwick shine a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon. They pretend to be guides, leeching off the life force of any who follow them. This becomes the fuel that they burn."

I then found a deep area of the swamp, so I sent out my Lapras to ride on to explore it. I cast out my Old Rod to see if there were any Pokémon living in the murky water, and it turned out there is! I found a Poliwag! I sent out Flaaffy to battle it, succeeding in paralyzing and confusing the wild Pokémon. My first Poké Ball failed, but I caught it on the second try.

"Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokémon. Poliwag have slick black skin that is thin and damp. A part of their internal organs can be seen through the skin as a spiral pattern. The direction of the spiral on the belly differs by area. They are more adept at swimming than walking."

252. Poliwag

I then found a second one, and I again had Flaaffy use Thunder Wave and Confuse Wave on it. This time I tossed a Dive Ball, and caught it on the first try. Next, I switched to my Good Rod to see what different Pokémon I might hook. I found some wild Barboach and Poliwhirl! It took a little while, but I eventually found a Barboach that I threw a single Poké Ball at and was able to catch.

"Barboach, the Whiskers Pokémon. Barboach coat their entire body with a slimy fluid so they can squirm and slip away if grabbed. Their whiskers make superb radar. They are used to locate prey, even in the murkiest of water."

"Poliwhirl, the Tadpole Pokémon, and the evolved form of Poliwag. Poliwhirl can live in or out of water due to their two legs being well developed. They prefer living in water. When out of water, they constantly sweat to keep their bodies slimy."

253. Barboach

I then went back to Lumiose City and had a few street battles. And my Wartortle evolved into Blastoise!

"Blastoise, the Shellfish Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wartortle. Blastoise crush their foes under their heavy bodies to cause fainting. In a pinch, they will withdraw inside their shell. The pressurized water jets on the shell of these brutal Pokémon are used for high-speed tackles."

254. Blastoise

October 20, 2014

I gave one of the other Mega Stones that the professor gave me to Blastoise. During some training, my Key Stone started to glow, and my Blastoise mega evolved into Mega Blastoise! That means the Mega Stone was Blastoisinite. Mega Blastoise gained some shells and extra cannons on its arms, as well as a single giant cannon on its back. Makes perfect sense that its ability is Mega Launcher!

October 21, 2014

I did some more training in the nearby swamps, and after a battle against Pokémon Ranger Reed, my Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos!

255. Ampharos

I then met up with Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor in front of the scary house they mentioned a while ago. We went inside and were met by a serious gentleman who told us a story of how he came upon this house when he got lost, and the story was rather… ok, rather scary. Something about faceless men appearing in the darkness. I tipped the guy and then we all left.

I continued to train my Pokémon, and found out the use of yet another Mega Stone. Apparently the Mega Stone I received in Azure Bay was Ampharosite, because my Ampharos mega evolved into Mega Ampharos! What I really find interesting and surprising is its type change. Mega Ampharos is part dragon-type! Who would have expected that?

I finished up training the current team, and while I was, Binacle was having a lot of trouble winning battles. Just when I was getting ready to wrap things up, Binacle evolved! Its rock grew and it has many more claw extensions serving as arms, legs, and its head. Who's that Pokémon?

"Barbaracle, the Collective Pokémon, and the evolved form of Binacle. Barbaracle fight with the power of seven Binacle, since two Binacle multiply into seven when they evolve. Their legs and hands have minds of their own, and they will move independently. But they usually follow the head's orders."

256. Barbaracle

I gave my Poké Balls to Nurse Joy to treat, and then had Gible, Miltank, Shellder, Pachirisu, Espeon, and Onix sent to me.

October 25, 2014

After training that team all week, I finally switched in Clauncher, Sableye, Drifblim, Malamar, Hariyama, and Charmeleon.

I finished crossing the Laverre Nature Trail and finally arrived in Laverre City! It's a very peaceful-looking city, with beautiful fall foliage everywhere as the city has many large, thick trees throughout. One of the townspeople told me that the largest tree in the center of the city is where the Pokémon Gym was built around. I stopped in at the Pokémon Center and found the vitamin shop I was looking for. That will come in handy when I'm training my Wingull and Pancham eventually. I also found a move tutor who helped teach my Charmeleon a new move, Fire Pledge!

There seems to be a lot to do here in Laverre City! Not the least of which will be my sixth gym battle. But first, I still have a few dozen Pokémon to train. Also, I want to finally train my Wingull and Pancham, so that my trio of shiny Kalos Pokémon will be battle ready!

October 26, 2014

Since it's looking like today will be a lazy Sunday, I did some morning training with my Pokémon. I decided the Battle Chateau would be the best place to train. During a battle, my Charmeleon evolved into Charizard!

"Charizard, the Flame Pokémon, and the evolved form of Charmeleon. Charizard have wings that can carry them close to an altitude of 4,600 feet. They blow out fire at very high temperatures. When expelling a blast of this superhot fire, the red flame at the tip of their tail burns more intently."

257. Charizard

I fought many familiar opponents, but also battled Marquis Arran, who used an Accelgor and Aerodactyl!

"Accelgor, the Shell Out Pokémon, and the evolved form of Shelmet. Accelgor become very light having removed their heavy shells, and can fight with ninja-like movements. When their bodies dry out, they weaken. To prevent dehydration, they wrap themselves in many layers of thin membrane."

I used my Clauncher in quite a few battles, and then it started to evolve! Wow, its one claw grew so many times the size of the rest of its body that it almost looks like a giant cannon! Who's that Pokémon?

"Clawitzer, the Howitzer Pokémon, and the evolved form of Clauncher. Clawitzer can move at a speed of 60 knots by expelling water from the nozzle in the back of their claw. These enormous claws launch cannonballs of water powerful enough to pierce tanker hulls."

258. Clawitzer

I also battled Viola again, who still had her Masquerain and Vivillon. It was a good chance to test out my Charizard's power, especially since I gave it the final Mega Stone I had been carrying. It indeed proved to be Charizardite, so it mega evolved into Mega Charizard! Its special ability, Drought, is perfect for powering up its fire-type moves.

I finished training that team, and then rotated in Nosepass, Gogoat, Hawlucha, Zangoose, Floette, and Diglett.

Kalos Pokédex: Seen 301 Obtained 258
    Central Kalos Pokédex: Seen 133 Obtained 125
    Coastal Kalos Pokédex: Seen 127 Obtained 117
    Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 41 Obtained 16
    Kalos Medals: 75
    Kalos Ribbons: 6

Last edited:

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    With ΩR & αS just around the corner I decided to restart my game for a third time, choosing the Bubble Frog Pokémon Froakie.
    I won't be rushing through this game like previously but will take the time to explore each route catching all the Pokémon available to me and training them to a certain level before moving on with the story.

Out on Route 2 after my first battle with Shauna and being given 10 Pokéballs from Serena I caught myself a Fletching, he was rather impetuous and sometimes silly so I added him to my team.
    On this route I also caught a Scatterbug which has since evolved into a Garden pattern Vivillon!
    In the forsest I caught a Pikachu and a Caterpie which I eventually evolved into a Butterfree.

On the route after the forest I caught a few new Pokémon; Pidgey, Bidoof and a Bunnelby which I traded away for a Farfetch'd with the nickname Quacklin' with a Hiker named Cliff upon arriving at Santalune City!

To the east was Route 22 that lead to the gates of Victory Road which I wasn't able to explore due to having a total of 0 gym badges but I did catch a Psyduck, Azurill, Litleo and after a while searching a calm Rilou which I found due to his Inner Focus was capable of taking hits.

Back in the city after training in the gym it was time to face off with Viola the Santalune City Gym Leader!

She only had two Pokémon so I myself took two Pokémon with me, those being Froakie and Fletching.
    Fletching dealt with her Surskit easily with two Peck attacks taking no damage that's 2 - 1 to me!
    Next was her Vivillon which was a different pattern to mine and with a combination of Infestation and Tackle my Fletching fainted and we were both down to one Pokémon each!
    Froakie handled it since she had already used her Potion when Fletching was still in battle and that meant I got the first gym badge and the TM containing Infestation, go team!

Now that I had my first badge I could explore Route 4 and with receiving the Exp. Share, training all these Pokémon seems a lot less tedious.
    Battling the trainers for the exp I caught five new Pokémon, those being Budew, Dunsparce, Skitty, Ledyba and Flabébé!

I'm currently resting in Santalune City Pokémon Center before I return to the tall grass to train all of these Pokémon in rotation and find those Pokémon that I know I've missed!

IGN: Mikey | Pokédex: 38 | Gym Badges: 1 | Play Time: 4:12
    Pokémon Team: Froakie | Fletching

Nakala Pri

Accelgor, he is ugly, useless and yet he outspeeds me every time. D:

I utterly LOVE 5th gen, but this little bugger bugs me. (LOL triple pun since he's a bug type lolololol)

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    So with my copy of ΩR due to arrive on the 28th I decided to (re)restart my Pokémon Y version.
    I wanted to use a team of Pokémon that were from the third generation all on level 5 via the Pokémon bank:
    252.png
    255.png
    258.png
    261.png
    276.png
    309.png

Once I received the Pokédex from Trevor I decided to pick the water type starter Froakie.

I rushed as quick as possible battling only one Lass in Santalune Forsest, to Santalune City so I could store my Froakie in the PC and withdraw my team.

I made my way back through to the beginning of the forest to pick up any items and challenge the trainers I had passed.
    In the forest I was able to catch two Pokémon, a female Scatterbug and a male Pikachu.

On Route 3 I continued leveling up my Pokémon which was much easier due to the bonus exp traded Pokémon receive!
    I also caught a Bunnelby which I traded for Quacklin' the Farfetch'd and a Bidoof.

Outside the gym I fought the Roller Skater and she gave me the Roller Skates now it was time to battle the trainers within the gym!

Vs.
    50px-VSViola.png

Spoiler:

After the battle Viola congratulated me and awarded me with:
    TM83 Infestation and the Bug Badge!
    I got my Exp. Share from Alexa (not sure if I will use it) and rested up at the Pokémon Center before saving.

OffRoadSP

Years
  • My laptop crashed so I lost my journal for a while. (Not sure if anyone missed me...heh.) Anyway, just got my files restored, so I have a bit of catching up to do!

October 27, 2014

I managed to squeeze in a little Pokémon training before work. I then had my male Meowstic, Crustle, Wailmer, Emolga, Duosion, my second Slowpoke I caught sent to me.

October 28, 2014

First thing I did was give my Slowpoke a King's Rock and traveled to the coast of Kalos. By placing a King's Rock on its head, it was more likely that a Shellder would bit its head rather than its tail. And it worked, because a Shellder did jump out and camp down on my Slowpoke's head, and it evolved into Slowking!

"Slowking, the Royal Pokémon, and an evolved form of Slowpoke. Slowking have incredible intellect and intuition. After having their head bitten, toxins enter and unlock extraordinary power. Whatever the situation, they remain calm and collected."

259. Slowking

This is kind of exciting, because in my decade and a half of Pokémon training, I don't think I've ever had a Slowking. Since I never finished either of my Johto journies, I never had the opportunity to evolve my Slowpoke that I caught in that region, and Slowpoke haven't been in any other region since Kanto. So it may not be a Kalos Pokémon, but it's still a new Pokémon to me!

November 1, 2014

I did a bit of training today, rotating through Umbreon, Lunatone, Shelgon, my female Meowstic, Ferroseed, and Nidorina; then Exeggcute, Carbink, Skrelp, Lucario, my other Slowpoke, and Grumpig.

November 2, 2014

It's a chilly but sunny day out, so it's a perfect time to warm up with some Pokémon training! In the morning a Shellder clamped down on my Slowpoke's tail, and it evolved into Slowbro!

"Slowbro, the Hermit Crab Pokémon, and an evolved form of Slowpoke. Slowbro evolve when Slowpoke hunt in the sea, and have their tail bitten by a Shellder. This attached Shellder won't let go because of the tasty flavor that oozes out of the tail."

260. Slowbro

Then, back at the Pokémon Center, I had the last six Pokémon for this rotation sent to me: Staryu, Horsea, Helioptile, Diggersby, Chimecho, and Staravia. Outside the Pokémon center, I let my Helioptile out. I remember Clemont from the Lumiose Gym telling me that Helioptile evolve with a Sun Stone. So I pulled one of my Sun Stones from my bag, and gave it to Helioptile. As expected, it evolved into Heliolisk!

261. Heliolisk

Then I crossed the Laverre Nature Trail and returned to Lumiose City. I had some battles at Restaurant Le Yeah, and more of my Pokémon evolved! After the first battle, my Staravia evolved into Staraptor, and my Horsea evolved into Seadra!

"Staraptor, the Predator Pokémon, and the evolved form of Staravia. Staraptor leave the flock to live alone after evolving. The muscles in their wings and legs are strong. They have sturdy wings, and can easily fly while gripping a small Pokémon."

262. Staraptor

263. Seadra

I finished training that group on the Laverre Nature Trail, and then returned to the Pokémon Center in Laverre City. Before training for my next gym battle, I want to train the dozen or so Pokémon I recently caught between Lumiose City and Laverre City. Also, I'd like to train my trio of shiny Pokémon, especially my Wingull and Pancham, both of whom I haven't had a chance to train yet. There's also one more pair of Pokémon I need to train together, before I forget. So I asked Professor Sycamor to first send me my Cubone, and also my Mantyke, Remoraid, Skorupi, Wooper, and Goomy.

I then checked out my medal collection, and it seems I earned two more medals in October! Apparently all the time I've spent in Lumiose City has made me considered to be quite "stylish" according to the residents, whatever that means exactly. At least it does grant me several discounts throughout the city. These bring me up to 77 medals.

A-030-4 Adventure Evolution Authority A Medal for exceptional Trainers who evolved Pokémon 100 times, which astounds even Pokémon Professors. 10/26/2014
    E-008-3 Fun Lumiosian A Medal for locals of Lumiose City who have become extremely stylish. 10/12/2014

So I took my Pokémon out and trained my Mantyke and Remoraid together, and of course my Mantyke evolved into a Mantine!

264. Mantine

Then I took my team to Lumiose City for some restaurant battles, and my Remoraid evolved into Octillery!

"Octillery, the Jet Pokémon, and the evolved form of Remoraid. Octillery have a tendency to want to be in holes. They prefer rock crags or pots and spray ink from them before attacking. They trap foes with the suction cups on their tentacles, and then smash them with their rock-hard head."

265. Octillery

November 4, 2014

I've been on my Kalos journey for a year. I can't believe how time flies! I've earned five badges and caught 265 Pokémon in the time. I can't think of any other region that I've obtained that much that fast. Still, I know there's a lot more I have to do, especially if I want to head back to the Hoenn region soon!

My Cubone was able to earn a few more ribbons today. We added a Footprint Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, and Best Friends Ribbon to the collection, bringing the total number of Kalos ribbons to nine.

I had the next set of recently caught Pokémon sent to me: Karrablast, Shelmet, Bellsprout, Carnivine, Gastly, and my shiny Wingull.

November 5, 2014

While at the Pokémon Center in Laverre City, I contacted Professor Sycamore about my Wingull since he's been studying it for a few months. He said that Wingull was a gentle female Pokémon, but also has rather sturdy body. Overall though, Wingull was fairly average, and its nature doesn't match well with its personality and characteristics. For training it, I will likely focus on its normal base stats. Wingull naturally have great speed, and better special attack than attack. But for today, I just played with Wingull for a bit. I also had some PokéPuffs that I fed it too. Wingull seemed to enjoy them.

November 6, 2014

I played a bit more with Wingull. This time though, in addition to some PokéPuffs, I gave it some vitamins that I bought in Laverre City. I gave it four HP Up, ten Calcium, and ten Carbos. Tomorrow, we'll do some Super Training.

November 7, 2014

I spent a lot of time training with Wingull today. We found a local Super Training field and started by working on its speed. After some extensive training there, we worked on special attack power. We finished it up with a touch of HP and defense training. Also, while we were practicing its moves, I noticed its Growl was becoming much stronger. We fine tuned it some more, and eventually my Wingull learned Echoed Voice!

By the time evening rolled around, Wingull was fully trained. Then I decided to give it some battle practice, so we started off easy and had some double battles at Restaurant Le Nah in Lumiose City. Then I travelled to Spikes Passage near Ambrette Town, where the ground-type Pokémon there would make good opponents for it. We even travelled to Glittering Cave, testing its Water Gun against many of the rock-type Pokémon inside. Over time its Water Gun became stronger, and I realized it learned how to use Water Pulse!

November 8, 2014

I travelled through previously explored areas to give my Wingull more battling experience, and along the way it learned how to use Roost!

November 9, 2014

I returned to Laverre City, and my Wingull picked up a Smile Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, and Effort Ribbon along the way. Then I took my team to the Battle Chateau, and Wingull learned how to use Air Cutter, which will be a significant improvement over Wing Attack since its been highly trained in special attack.

I finished up training that team, and then I had the last group of recently caught Pokémon sent to me: both Poliwag, Ekans, Stunfisk, Barboach, and my shiny Pancham. I gave Professor Sycamore a call to ask him about what he learned while he had my Pancham at his lab. He said that Pancham had a Jolly nature, always playing happily with other Pokémon, living up to the classification of the Playful Pokémon. He tends to like to thrash about as well, meaning he has pretty high attack power. The professor said he saw Pancham use Tackle, Leer, Arm Thrust, and Work Up. Pancham's attack, defense, and HP are above average for his species, while his speed and special defense are average. His special attack is terrible, but I don't see Pacham using many special moves.

That being the case, obviously I will be focusing on training to increase Pancham's attack. Then I think we will work on his speed and hit points, with maybe slightly more training going into hit points. So first, I'll be treating Pancham to some vitamins, and playing with it a bit before diving into some Super Training.

November 10, 2014

I continued to train my Pancham. We worked on its Arm Thrust, but I thought about a better fighting-type move that would suit it. So eventually Pancham learned how to use Low Sweep!

November 11, 2014

Pancham knew how to use Bulk Up, but it doesn't know any special attacksm so it's somewhat of a waste. So instead we worked on learning Swords Dance to give it a better boost to its physical moves!

November 12, 2014

Pancham knows Low Sweep and Tackle, but that leaves it vulnerable to ghost-type Pokémon. So we worked on yet another move today: Shadow Claw! Also, when Pancham started to swipe its arms when it used Tackle, I realized that it learned how to use Slash!

November 17, 2014

I finished training Pancham and the rest of the current team. Pancham was becoming stronger with each battle; so strong, that instead of using Slash, it started to use Body Slam instead!

Then, back at the Pokémon Center in Laverre City, I decided to think about who I wanted to take with me to the Laverre Gym. Fairy-type Pokémon are still relatively new to me, but there were plenty of people in Laverre City who were willing to share all they knew about fairy-types. Since fairy-type moves are super-effective against fighting-types, I decided I wouldn't have Pancham battle just yet. Cubone helped me in plenty other gyms already. So I decided to go with my Wingull as one of my Pokémon. Next to choose a Kalos Pokémon. Fairy-types are weak against steel-type and poison-type moves. There really aren't any good candidates with those types of moves. I thought about who I haven't used yet in a gym battle, and I decided on Barbaracle. And finally, my third Pokémon will be one that can mega-evolve. Again, there are no good candidates with super-effective moves, so I think I'll go with one of the Kanto starters. I settled on Charizard.

So I finally entered the Laverre Gym. I'm excited to try my first new type of gym in a long time! It will be interesting to see what fairy-types can do in battle. I learned very quickly that my team choices may not have been the wisest. The first trainer I battled, Kali, used a Dedenne that illustrated my trio's huge weakness to electric-type attacks. Because of this, I quickly lost the match with Wingull and Barbaracle, as her Dedenne and Azumarill had too much of an advantage. I came back later leading off with Mega Charizard, which almost made the battle too easy in my favor. The next trainer, Linnea, used a single Pokémon against my Wingull, but I never saw it before. Who's that Pokémon?

"Aromatisse, the Fragrance Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spritzee. Aromatisse devise various scents, pleasant and unpleasant, and emit scents that their enemies dislike in order to gain an edge in battle. Their scents are so overpowering that, unless a Trainer happens to really enjoy the smell, he or she will have a hard time walking alongside them."

An evolved Spritzee! After my Wingull won the battle, Linnea shared with me that Spritzee evolve into Aromatisse using an item called a Sachet. I happen to have one that I picked up near Baa de Mer Ranch on Fourrage Road, so I'll have to keep that in mind!

The next trainer, Blossom, challenged me to a three-on-three battle. When she sent out her first Pokémon… I don't think I even realized it was a Pokémon. What the heck is that thing??

"Klefki, the Key Ring Pokémon. Klefki threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them. They never let go of keys that they like, so people give them the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime."

That is one weird but also kind of cool new Pokémon! My Wingull's Air Cutter didn't do much damage to it, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a steel-type as well as a fairy-type. Blossom's other Pokémon were Granbull and Kirlia, nothing my team couldn't handle.

I finally went up against Katherine, who battled me with yet another fairy-type Pokémon I haven't seen yet! It kind of looks like a Jigglypuff shaped like a Poképuff…

"Slurpuff, the Meringue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swirlix. Slurpuff can distinguish the faintest of scents. Their sense of smell is 100 million times better than a human's, so it's like they can see with their nose. They put this sensitive sense of smell to use by helping pastry chefs in their work."

So it's another evolved form of a Pokémon I have. According to Katherine, Swirlix evolve into Slurpuff using Whipped Dream, which is yet another item I acquired near the ranch when I found the Sachet. I didn't realize how useful those items would be. Unfortunately, her Slurpuff easily defeated my Wingull. Based on my experiences against these trainers, I think I better do some more training before taking on the gym leader here.

OffRoadSP

Years
  • November 22, 2014

After a long week of traveling for work, I was finally able to train more with my Pokémon to prepare for the Laverre City Gym. We did lots of training on the Laverre Nature Trail, and I even did some Super Training with my Wingull, until it had the same 20 medals as my Cubone. I now think I'm ready for my first fairy-type gym challenge!

Laverre City Gym Challenge
    Vs Valerie

"Oh, a trainer," Valerie said softly as I approached her in the gym.

"Hello," I introduced myself. "My name is Steve, and I'd like to challenge you to a battle, Valerie!"

"So you've flown all the way through my gym, fluttering down to me on a fortunate wind," she replied. "I suppose you have earned yourself the right to a battle, as a reward for your efforts."

We took our respective places on the battlefield. The judge explained that the battle would be a three on three battle with no substitutions by the gym leader.

"I hope your visit to this fairy-type gym will prove entertaining to you," Valerie said as she prepared her first Poké Ball. "The elusive fairy-types may appear frail as a breeze and delicate as a bloom, but they are all strong."

"I can't wait to see," I said with excitement. "I met quite a few new Pokémon battling other trainers in your gym!"

"Very well." Valerie threw her Poké Ball. "Mawile, please appear now."

"A Mawile!" I exclaimed. "Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Ok, Wingull, I'm counting on you. Maximize!"

My shiny Pokémon hovered in the air across from Valerie's Pokémon.

"The beautiful colors on that Wingull radiates a quiet sense of peace," Valerie commented.

"She can be tough, too!" I responded. "Wingull, use Water Pulse!"

Water Pulse blasted her Mawile, doing a good amount of damage.

"Mawile, respond please." Mawile responded to its trainer's soft command, opening its large jaws and chomping down with a Crunch attack on Wingull. Both Pokémon had just under half their energy left after their respective attacks.

"Hang in there, Wingull!" I shouted. "Use Water Pulse again!"

"Mawile, dodge please." Mawile tried to dodge, but my Wingull has been trained well in speed, and it blasted its opponent with the Water Pulse, knocking out Mawile!

"Mawile can no longer battle," the judge called.

"Mawile, return, and thank you for your efforts," Valerie calmly recalled her Pokémon. "Your Wingull is well trained, and is very fast. So let's see how you do against my Mr.Mime."

Mr. Mime appeared on the field. I keep forgetting that it's also part fairy-type. It's hard to change knowledge of something that's been the same for a decade and a half!

"Wingull, great job out there! Return and take a rest." I switched my Pokémon. "Ok, Barbaracle, maximize!"

"An intriguing choice," Valerie commented. "A very physical Pokémon."

"That's right!" I gave my first command. "Barbaracle, use Clamp!"

"Mr. Mime, Reflect please." As my Pokémon closed in for the attack, Valerie's Pokémon put up a defensive wall. When the attack hit, it did significant less damage. But, an after-effect of Clamp is some ongoing damage, which I'm hoping will help.

"Mr. Mime, Psychic please." The powerful attack hit Barbaracle, but thankfully Barbaracle's higher defenses helped to nerf the damage a bit.

"Way to take that attack, Barbaracle!" Things are looking even so far, I observed. "Let's try this. Use Hone Claws!"

"Raising its stats, I see," Valerie seemed amused by that. "We must not allow that, Mr. Mime."

"It will be worth it. Barbaracle, use Fury Cutter!" My Pokémon closed in for the attack. Picking up on Valerie's cue, Mr. Mime waited for exactly the right moment, and fired a critical hit with another Psychic attack! Fury Cutter hit too, and both Pokémon seemed to be feeling the damage, but Barbaracle struggled to recover from the blow.

"Keep the pressure on!" I yelled. "Use Fury Cutter again!"

Both Pokémon made the same attacks, and Fury Cutter was gaining strength. In addition, the Reflect wall shattered!

"Now's our chance! Fury Cutter, one more time!"

"Quick, Mr. Mime, Reflect!" Valerie's command was in vain. Although Mr. Mime did put up another Reflect wall, Fury Cutter had gained enough strength to finally knock out Mr. Mime!"

"Mr. Mime is unable to battle," called the judge. Barbaracle collapsed, having very little strength left itself.

"Barbaracle, return, you deserve a rest after that battle!" I got ready to send my last Pokémon, as did Valerie.

Both of our Pokémon took the battlefield. It was my Charizard against her Sylveon!

"The new Eevee-lution, cool!" I felt confident, since it was a Pokémon I already knew about. "Ok, Charizard, mega evolve!"

My Mega Ring started to give off energy, and Mega Charizard appeared on the field!

"You are lucky it is that form of Mega Charizard," Valerie stated as Mega Charizard's Drought ability filled the room with sunlight.

"That… form?" I looked at Valerie confused. "What do you mean?"

"There are two types of Charizardite," Valerie explained. "The one you have, and another that allows Mega Charizard to become part dragon-type. Which, of course, would be a bad choice for this gym."

"Wow, I'll have to ask Professor Sycamore about that." Then I refocused on the battle. "Let's wrap this up in one move. Use Fire Pledge!"

Fire Pledge hit the field with a lot of power; however, Sylveon was still standing!

"How is that possible? Sylveon must have exceptional special defense!"

"Indeed," responded Valerie. "Now use Dazzling Gleam."

Sylveon emitted a powerful flash of light, blasting back Mega Charizard.

"That's a new move to me. Guess I shouldn't have been over-confident," I muttered to myself. "I'll go physical this time. Mega Charizard, try a Wing Attack!"

Mega Charizard dove in, but Sylveon blasted it back once again with another Dazzling Gleam!

"That's one tough Pokémon. But it's time to end this. Fire Pledge, let's go!"

The culmination of attacks finally took its toll, and Sylveon fell!

"Sylveon cannot battle," the judge stated. "The winner is Mega Charizard!"

Valerie recalled her Pokémon, still as calm as when the battle began. "I hope the sun is shining tomorrow," she said simply. "That would be reason enough to smile."

Valerie walked with me to the entrance of the gym. "Yes, that was a fine battle," she began. "I shall reward you for this great victory. This is the Fairy Badge. It is now yours. Its beauty is captivating, is it not?"

"Thanks!" I said excitedly. "It's my sixth gym badge in… um, Valerie?"

Valerie stood there looking at the badge in her hand. "Ah, do forgive me. I was so captivated; I forgot for a moment that it is yours."

Finally, my sixth Kalos gym badge, the Fairy Badge!

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Years
  • November 24, 2014

Professor Sycamore was in Laverre City for the Thanksgiving weekend. I was talking to him about my progress so far as my Cubone, Wingull, and Pancham were playing among some trees outside the Pokémon Center.

"I'm not sure where to go next," I began. "There are still so many Pokémon here in the Kalos region that I haven't even seen yet."

"You should head east from here," Sycamore advised. "The mountains of Kalos contain lots of tough and rugged Pokémon. There's a small town called Dendemille Town not too far from here that you can stop at while you explore the mountains."

I decided that for the next rotation of Pokémon training, I would focus on the Pokémon I caught in Central Kalos this time. In addition to that, I'll rotate in some Pokémon from Coastal Kalos, especially the ones unique to this region. In addition, I want one of my shiny Pokémon traveling with me. I'll only take five Pokémon with me, in order to leave room for the many Pokémon Professor Sycamore said I would be able to catch along the way.

"To help you get started, here's a Pokémon egg we found outside the city," the professor said as he handed me the egg. "My assistants and I will be doing research nearby, so if we come across any others, I'll let you know."

November 25, 2014

Cubone was going to be the first of my shiny Pokémon to stay with me, so I sent off Wingull and Pancham for now. I then had Swanna, Shellder, Dodrio, and Hawlucha sent to me. The Pokémon egg I was given took up the sixth spot for my first party.

November 26, 2014

My Pokémon egg hatched today. It was a Patrat!

"Patrat, the Scout Pokémon. Patrat will always be on the lookout. Though extremely cautious, they won't notice a foe coming from behind. Using food stored in cheek pouches, they can keep watch for days. They use their tails to communicate with others."

266. Patrat

November 28, 2014

Nearby Laverre City was the Poké Ball Factory, where all the Poké Balls in the Kalos region are produced. Professor Sycamore arranged for a tour for myself as well as Serena, Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna. When I arrived at the factory, I saw Trevor and Shauna looking bummed out nearby.

"How vexing," Trevor said. "He won't let us inside the Poké Ball Factory."

"He'll let us in," Shauna assured him. "You'll see. I'll go talk to him again!"

Shauna headed for the door, and Trevor ran off after her. Wait, is that a Team Flare Grunt in front of the entrance? I was going to follow and investigate, but suddenly Serena and Tierno showed up. When I looked again, Shauna and Trevor were running past us, with the Team Flare Grunt chasing them.

"What's going on?" Tierno asked, as he turned to pursue them. "I better go help them!"

Serena and I recognized the guy as a Team Flare member, so we entered the factory and were immediately greeted by another grunt who posed as a worker saying that the factory was closed for tours. Serena taunted her by picking on her grunt outfit, so the grunt attacked with her Mightyena!

"I'll take care of this!" Serena yelled. "You go on ahead!"

I stepped further in the factory, trying not to be distracted by the hundreds of Poké Balls along the conveyor belts. I soon ran into a "nameless" grunt that attacked me with his Toxicroak!

"Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, and the evolved form of Croagunk. Toxicroak have a poison sac at their throats. When they croak, the stored poison is churned for greater potency. Their knuckle claws secrete a toxin so vile that even a scratch could prove fatal."

There were more Team Flare grunts I faced in the factory, though my team was able to handle them with minimal problems. It was also good experience for my Patrat. I used the moving conveyor belts to sneak around, and eventually made my way to the office of the factory manager, where a Team Flare Admin was threatening him, flanked by two other Team Flare members. When the Admin saw me, she immediately attacked! She didn't even tell me her name before she sent out her Pokémon. Her Scraggy fell quickly to my Cubone's Power-Up Punch, and Houndoom was easily defeated with a few of Swanna's Bubblebeams. After being defeated by her, her two flunkies, which did have names, attacked me together! They were apparently scientists, like Aliana that I met back when Team Flare attacked the Kalos Power Plant. Celosia sent out Manectric while Bryony sent out Liepard. My Hawlucha easy defeated Liepard, but all my Pokémon were having trouble with Manectric, since most of them had a severe weakness to electric-type attacks. Thankfully, Serena showed up, and joined the battle with her Meowstic. After defending us with Light Screen, Meowstic was able to defeat Manectric with a few Psychic attacks.

Having accepted defeat, the trio of Team Flare members retreated. However, many of the grunts were already able to abscond with more than a handful of Poké Balls, Great Balls, and Ultra Balls! The factory manager thanked Serena and I for saving the building and the workers inside. He rewarded us both with the very thing Team Flare was after… Master Balls! Serena and I were each given one, along with a Big Nugget. As I was leaving, I saw a Metal Coat lying near one of the conveyors. The manager said I could take that too. It will come in handy, since I can use it to help evolve my Onix.

So Team Flare needed large amounts of electricity from the Power Plant and a ton of Poké Balls from the Poké Ball factory. And, I can't forget there was something going on near Geosenge Town where I saw a few of them. I wonder what they're up to?

After that, I took Cubone to the Super Secret Training facility and it earned another medal for succeeding in another challenge. That makes 21 total for Cubone. In addition, we won a Fire Stone, which will also come in handy shortly, especially since I didn't have one already.

November 29, 2014

I did a lot more training with the current team, and even some Super Secret Training with Cubone. There was another challenge it was eligible for, and one of the possible prizes was a Water Stone! Since I had a Shellder with me, I figured it was worth a try. Although Cubone did receive its 22nd medal for defeating the challenge, we did not win a Water Stone. Shellder seemed disappointed. I did have one Water Stone in my bag already, so I gave it to Shellder, and it evolved into Cloyster!

"Cloyster, the Bivalve Pokémon, and the evolved form of Shellder. Cloyster that live in the seas with harsh tidal currents grow large, sharp spikes on their shells. These shells are extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when they are attacking."

267. Cloyster

A little later I rotated my Pokémon. I kept Cubone with me, and then had Gastly, Wailmer, Gyarados, and Vivillon sent to me. When I was walking through Laverre City with my Pokémon, a woman approached me. She said that a stone that she had found a while back started glowing as she moved closer to me. As my Gastly hovered closer to it, my Key Stone also started to glow. I recognized it as a Mega Stone, and it must be Gengarite, since it's reacting to Gastly's presence! When the woman saw my Key Stone glow, she offered it to me. It won't be useful until Gastly fully evolves, but I'm always excited to see another Mega Evolution!

I then decided to explore Route 15 for the first time. It's called Brun Way, and it should lead to Dendemille Town. I walked through the fallen autumn leaves on the ground and soon encountered my first wild Pokémon on the route: a Pawniard! I sent out Gastly to battle it. Gastly used Hypnosis to put it to sleep, but the powerful Shadow Ball it followed that up with woke it up. The Pawniard slashed at Gastly with Metal Claw, hitting once and missing once. I had Gastly use Hypnosis again, then tossed a Poké Ball… but it immediately broke free. I tried once more, and this time caught the Pawniard! And, as an added bonus, my Gastly evolved into Haunter afterwards!

"Pawniard, the Sharp Blade Pokémon. Pawniard have bodies comprised entirely of blades. They ignore injuries and attack by sinking these blades into their prey. If battling dulls the blades, they sharpen them on stones by the river."

268. Pawniard

269. Haunter

I then took my Pokémon to Restaurant Le Yeah in Lumiose for some triple battle training. During the second battle, my Wailmer took out all three of my opponent's Pokémon with a single Water Spout. And then Wailmer started to evolve… wait! We're in a restaurant!! I returned Wailmer to its Poké Ball and ran to the nearest, most open area as possible, and then let it out there. Whew, that's better! So my Wailmer safely evolved into a massive Wailord!

270. Wailord

November 30, 2014

I did a little more training with the current team, but that was about all the time I had today.

December 3, 2014

Finally, a day off from work where I can spend some time training my Pokémon! In the morning, I had the next group of four Pokémon sent to me: Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Lucario, and Oddish. Along with Cubone, we left for Brun Way once again. We saw some wild Liepard, and then ran into a horde of Murkrow! They easily defeated my Oddish, but not before it managed to put one of the Murkrow to sleep. I then had my Mega Lucario defeat the others. The asleep Murkrow woke up, but a few Poké Balls later, I caught it!

"Murkrow, the Darkness Pokémon. Murkrow hide any shiny objects they find in secret locations. Murkrow and Meowth loot one another's stashes. Feared and loathed by many, they are believed to bring misfortune to all those who see one at night."

271. Murkrow

Then I heard that Grant, the Cyllage City Gym Leader, was accepting challengers at the Battle Chateau. Because of the Pokémon I had with me, I decided to challenge him. His two prehistoric Pokémon had evolved too, so it was his Aurorus and Tyrantrum against mine. We split the match; my Aurorus won thanks to some powered up Ancient Power attacks, but Grant's Tyrantrum was victorious because its Dragon Claw was much stronger than mine.

Returning to Laverre City, I did some more training, and my Oddish evolved into Gloom! When we stopped in the Pokémon Center, I used my last Sun Stone on it, and it further evolved into Bellossom! Random fact that I don't think I ever noticed: Bellossom are actually smaller than their pre-evolution. Interesting. I also think they're the only Pokémon to go from a dual-type to a single-type upon evolution.

"Bellossom, the Flower Pokémon, and an evolved form of Gloom. Bellossom gather at times and seem to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun. When the heavy rainfall season ends, they are drawn out by warm sunlight to perform this dance in the open."

272. Bellossom

After a little more training, especially with my new Murkrow and Bellossom, I decided it was time to rotate Pokémon again. This time, I had Audino, Blastoise, Croagunk, and Azumarill sent to me. I then did some Super Secret Training with my Cubone. It easily beat one challenge to earn its 23rd Super Training medal, but the next challenge we did took on a whole new level. We miserably failed to defeat the challenge. Looks like there's still some training we need to do!

Then I checked at the Pokémon Center, and discovered there were a few medals I earned early in November! I earned three more, bringing my total to 80!

E-008-4 Fun Lumiose Luminary A Medal for those who know the ins and outs of Lumiose City thoroughly, and who have become so stylish that they are well known by everyone in the city. 11/09/2014
    A-036-3 Adventure Indulgent Customer A Medal for rich people who spent $1,000,000 at Poké Marts. 11/09/2014
    A-031-1 Adventure Ace Pilot A Medal for those who flew all over the Kalos sky using Fly. 11/09/2014

I took an evening stroll back out on Brun Way. I saw some wild Liepard and Watchog running through the leaves. It was like I was back in Unova seeing those two Pokémon. Then I came across another horde of Pokémon; this time, it was a horde of Foongus! I had Audino use Entrainment to see if any of them had their hidden ability, but none of them did. So I found the fastest one of the group (a very relative "fast" since Foongus are rather slow) and caught it.

"Watchog, the Lookout Pokémon, and the evolved form of Patrat. Watchog have luminescent matter that makes their eyes and bodies glow to stun opponents. When they see an enemy, their tails stand high, and they spit the seeds of berries stored in their check pouches."

"Foongus, the Mushroom Pokémon. Foongus lure people and Pokémon with their patterns that look just like a Poké Ball, then release poison spores. Why they resemble a Poké Ball is unknown."

273. Foongus

Shortly after that, my Croagunk evolved into Toxicroak!

274. Toxicroak

I did a lot of training with that team, and then at the end of the night I rotated in Swalot, Pansear, Meowstic(F), and Sylveon.

December 4, 2014

Cubone tried some more Secret Super Training challenges. It won its 23rd medal, but the challenge following it was on a whole other level of difficultly. The closer Cubone came to winning, the tougher it became. We plan on keeping at it though!

December 5, 2014

Cubone didn't give up; it kept attempting to defeat the challenge at the Secret Super Training facility in Laverre City. It took a handful of attempts, but eventually it won the challenge, and after more attempts, it won in under the target time! (There were two attempts where we missed it by less than a fraction of a second…) That brings Cubone's Super Training medal count up to 24. There's still more challenges to go, but I think Cubone is up for it!

Then I took the rest of the team out to Brun Way to do a lot of training. The wild Pokémon there were good opponents for my Pokémon. We battled wild Liepard, Watchog, Skorupi, Foongus, and even some hordes of Murkrow. After a few hours, I came across something interesting: a horde of the odd Pokémon, Klefki! I was excited for the opportunity to catch the Pokémon I met at the Laverre City Gym. After having Swalot defeat most of them, it then used Body Slam and then Yawn on the final one. Then it was weakened enough for me to catch!

275. Klefki

December 6, 2014

I started training with Klefki. It's a cool looking Pokémon with a variety of moves. It learned a move called Crafty Shield, a new move to me. It blocks all non-damaging attacks, apparently. I also continued to train the rest of my team as well, and soon my Pansear learned the move Crunch. So I pulled out the Fire Stone I had in my pack, and used it to evolve my Pansear into Simisear!

276. Simisear

Then I rotated my Pokémon once again, taking Goomy, Staryu, Beedrill, and Heracross with me.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • Just got the game yesterday. Started with Fennekin because a psychic/fire type is hard to pass up. Already through one gym, trying to decide which Kanto starter to get.

OffRoadSP

Years
  • Not sure if anyone still reads these or if everyone has moved on to ORAS, but I've come this far, I may as well finish, right? {:3}

December 7, 2014

We did some training on Brun Way, and then my Goomy started to evolve! It went from looking like a Ditto to more of a Shellos. Who's that Pokémon?

"Sliggoo, the Soft Tissue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Goomy. Sliggoo drive away opponents by excreting a sticky liquid that can dissolve anything. Their eyes devolved, so they can't see anything, but their four horns are a high-performance radar system. They use them to sense sounds and smells, rather than using ears or a nose."

277. Sliggoo

I then ran into Professor Sycamore. He gave me an egg he found near a stream nearby. The egg soon hatched into a Buizel!

"Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon. Buizel swim by rotating their two tails like a screw. They inflate the floatation sac around their neck to poke their head out of the water to see what is going on. When they dive, this flotation sac collapses."

278. Buizel

December 8, 2014

I finished training the current group of Pokémon. I would have considered having Staryu evolve, but I find myself short a Water Stone.

December 9, 2014

In the evening, I rotated my Pokémon for Minun, Chesnaught, Gogoat, and Trapinch. Also, the professor gave me another egg he found along Brun Way.

December 10, 2014

I was up extremely early, so I got in some training before work. And soon my Trapinch evolved into Vibrava!

"Vibrava, the Vibration Pokémon, and the evolved form of Trapinch. Vibrava generate ultrasonic waves by violently flapping their wings. These waves can cause severe headaches. After making their prey faint, they melt the prey with acid."

279. Vibrava

Shortly after that, my egg hatched into a Poochyena!

"Poochyena, the Bite Pokémon. Poochyena have a very persistent nature. Their acute sense of smell lets them chase a chosen prey without ever losing track. They will chase this prey until the prey becomes exhausted."

280. Poochyena

I then ran into a Pokémon Ranger named Silas. He challenged me to a battle. His first Pokémon, Quagsire, easily fell before my Gogoat. But his second Pokémon that defeated my Chesnaught. I wasn't expecting him to use the powerful ice-type, Beartic!

"Beartic, the Freezing Pokémon. Beartic freeze their own breath to create fangs and claws of ice to fight with or to create pathways across ocean waters. Cold northern areas are their habitat."

December 20, 2014

It was a busy work week, so I'm happy to have a little time this weekend for Pokémon.

I rotated my Pokémon and requested to have Dedenne, Karrablast, Shelmet, and Venusaur sent to me. Of course, as I learned in Unova, Karrablast inherits Shelmet's shell when the electrical energy from trade or transfer causes them to evolve. So when I received them, Karrablast evolved into Escavalier, and Shelmet evolved into Accelgor! Professor Sycamore also gave me yet another Pokémon egg that he discovered along Brun Way.

"Escavalier, the Calvary Pokémon, and the evolved form of Karrablast. Escavalier evolve by wearing the shell covering of a Shelmet. The steel armor protects their whole body. They defend themselves by attacking with two lances."

281. Escavalier

282. Accelgor

While I was training on Brun Way, the egg hatched into a Lotad!

"Lotad, the Water Weed Pokémon. Lotad search about for clean water. They look like aquatic plants and serve as ferries to Pokémon that can't swim. If they do not drink water for too long, the leaf on their heads wilts."

283. Lotad

I then decided to do some more Super Training with my Cubone. The first challenge was against a Roserade bot, but Cubone did excellent and won a medal on its first try. I also was awarded a Shiny Stone, which I placed in my bag with the other one I already had. Then the next challenge was against a Gallade bot. This one was slightly more difficult, and took some time learning the pattern of the attacks. But, Cubone soon won a medal for that challenge as well, and for this one I was given a Dawn Stone, which brings me to two of those evolution stones also. The next challenge was the first level 7 training challenge, which was against an evolving bot of a Scatterbug into Spewpa into Vivillon. This one was much more difficult, especially once it reached the Vivillon stage. It took a long while, but once we learned some new techniques (how was I not aware you could block in Super Training??), Cubone defeated the challenge with just a few seconds left. Since that wasn`t enough for a medal, we tried again, and this time defeated the challenge in the target time (but just barely). That makes 27 Super Training medals for Cubone! I figured that was enough for now, so I treated Cubone to some Poképuffs, and then returned my focus to training the rest of the team.

I spent the rest of the evening training with that team, especially focusing on my newly hatched Lotad. We battled a few trainers along the route, as there happen to be quite a few rangers in the forest. Then, when I returned to the Pokémon Center for the evening, I had Wormadam (Trash Cloak), Barbaracle, Malamar, and Corphish sent to me.

December 21, 2014

The shortest day of the year is finally here! I'm so glad that after today the days start getting longer again. Before heading off to do some holiday celebrating with family, I decided to do some Pokémon training. Professor Sycamore gave me another egg as well, and this one hatched into a Purrloin! I used a Dusk Ball to capture it.

"Purrloin, the Devious Pokémon. Purrloin steal from people for fun, but their victims can't help but forgive them. Their deceptively cute act is perfect. When victims let down their guard, they find their items taken. They attack with sharp claws."

284. Purrloin

December 22, 2014

I explored more of Brun Way, and was challenged by a Pokémon Ranger and his Vileplume! It was no match for my Malamar and its Psycho Cut, however.

"Vileplume, the Flower Pokémon, and an evolved form of Gloom. Vileplume have the world's largest petals. With every step, the petals shake out heavy clouds of toxic pollen. The larger their petals, the more toxic pollen they contain. Their big heads are heavy and hard to hold up."

I then travelled further along the route. Among the trees were streams formed by waterfalls flowing down the hills. The further east I went, the more I started to see ruins that nature had begun to reclaim. I then came across two sisters who challenged me to a double battle. It was my Wormadam and Corphish against their Floette and Drifblim. It was a fairly even battle. I got to see a move called Grassy Terrain for the first time, which healed all Pokémon on the ground. It was an odd choice, because their Drifblim was unaffected. Eventually, Floette fainted after a few of my Wormadam's Mirror Shot attacks, but then it fell after a few Shadow Balls from Drifblim. But then it was my Corphish to the rescue, as it landed a super-effective Night Slash to knock it out. As a prize, my Corphish evolved into Crawdaunt!

"Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokémon, and the evolved form of Corphish. Crawdaunt love to battle, and they use their pincers to pick up and toss out any Pokémon that enter their territory. Few Pokémon of other species live in the same pond as them because of this."

285. Crawdaunt

Then I received a really random message from Lysandre on my Holocaster. He was talking about how Mega Evolution releases all of a Pokémon's hidden potential, and he question why it was only certain Pokémon that this applied to. The conversation ended as abruptly as it began, so I continued to explore the route. After one more battle against a trainer who used some fairy-type Pokémon, I reached a place called Dendemille Town. As I arrived, snow was lightly falling, and it was getting fairly cold out, so I immediately went to the Pokémon Center to give my Pokémon a little rest.

December 23, 2014

After doing a little Christmas shopping earlier in the day, I spent more time training the current team, then had Clawitzer, Rhyhorn, Surskit, and Gible sent to me.

January 2, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! After taking a while off to celebrate the holidays, I decided to get back to Pokémon training, with a resolution to complete the Kalos Pokédex as quickly as possible so I can return to Hoenn!

I had been working with Cubone on some Secret Super Training. We were stuck on a challenge. We had been trying it on and off casually over the last week, but today I was determined that we would defeat it. The opponent was a Probopass bot that had balloons around it and it fired off rapid shots that were difficult to avoid. Finally, I decided to have Cubone work out on a Swiftness bag to increase its speed during the challenge. It took dozens of tries, but eventually we defeated the challenge! The next two challenges seemed significantly easier, and then Cubone had won its final Super Training medals. With all 30 medals obtained, Cubone was now a supremely trained Pokémon!

January 3, 2015

It's a cold and snowy day, but I decided to check out Route 16 near Dendemille Town. It's called Mélancolie Path. The ruins from nearby Brun Way extend into this route. I wandered into some very tall grass, and then I saw a pumpkin nearby start to move. Wait, now it's floating! Who's that Pokémon?

"Pumpkaboo, the Pumpkin Pokémon. Pumpkaboo are said to carry wandering spirits to the place where they belong so they can move on. Their bodies are inhabited by a spirit trapped in this world. As the sun sets, they become restless and active."

That's a very cool Pokémon, and it's both a grass and ghost-type, which is rare! I sent out Surskit to battle it. Pumpkaboo fired a Leech Seed at Surskit, so I decided to toss a Poké Ball right away. I caught it with a critical capture! And, as a bonus, my Surskit evolved into Masquerain!

286. Pumpkaboo

287. Masquerain

Then, on the way back to the Pokémon Center, my Gible evolved into Gabite!

288. Gabite

Back in Dendemille Town, I ran into Professor Sycamore and Dexio. The professor said that they were researching the legendary Pokémon of the Kalos region, the Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal. These were the Pokémon that Lysandre had mentioned back in Lysandre Café in Lumiose City a few months back. Apparently these Pokémon were responsible for some cataclysmic stuff that happened 1000 years ago, but now they are sleeping in a hidden corner of the Kalos region. He asked if I found anything out about them in my travels, to let him know.

I also showed him my newly caught Pumpkaboo. He said it was a "small" Pumpkaboo. I knew that Pokémon due have some variation within each species, but apparently Pumpkaboo come in a wide range of sizes. Dexio explained that Pumpkaboo are categorized as small, average, large, and super-sized based on how large they are. The smaller ones tend to be faster, while the larger ones tend to be stronger. He said that there's a super-sized Pumpkaboo with its hidden ability back at his lab, which was discovered back around Halloween. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in Lumiose City.

OffRoadSP

Years
  • January 4, 2015

I took my team out to Mélancolie Path to do some training. I tried to give my newly caught Pumpkaboo as much battle experience as possible. We battled several trainers along the road, and some had Pokémon I had not yet seen in the Kalos region.

"Delcatty, the Prim Pokémon, and the evolved form of Skitty. Delcatty dislike dirty places. They do not keep a nest and often search for a comfortable place in which to groom themselves. They are highly popular among female trainers for their sublime fur."

"Alakazam, the Psi Pokémon, and the evolved form of Kadabra. Alakazam have brain cells that multiply continually until they die. As a result, they remember everything. They are said to have an IQ of around 5,000, and their brains can outperform a supercomputer."

On the way back to Dendemille Town, my Rhyhorn evolved into Rhydon!

289. Rhydon

January 6, 2015

I did a lot more training with the current team. My Pumpkaboo learned a move I never saw before, called Trick-or-Treat, which adds ghost-type to its opponents. It seems to make a good combo when followed up by Shadow Ball, making it more effective. Then I decided it was time to rotate Pokémon. My Cubone has been with me for a while, so I sent it for a break and had my shiny Wingull sent to me instead. In addition, I had Slowbro, Ferroseed, Vespiquen, and Crobat sent to me.

I did some Super Training with Wingull. After winning all of the challenges with Cubone, I'm hoping it's easier the second time around. So far so good, as Wingull easily won its 21st Super Training medal.

January 7, 2015

I set off on Mélancolie Path despite the bitter cold weather. I was exploring the very tall grass, and the first wild Pokémon I encountered was something I never saw before. It looked like a floating tree branch with some kind of wisp inside of it. Was it another new Pokémon?

"Phantump, the Stump Pokémon. Phantump are created when spirits possess rotten tree stumps. According to old tales, these spirits are those of children who died while lost in the forest. They prefer to live in abandoned forests."

That seems somewhat sad. I really wanted to catch it, but it got away. So I searched around the route to find another one, but was having little luck. Still, I was using the opportunity to train my other Pokémon. I saw lots of wild Pumpkaboo around, and noticed what Professor Sycamore meant about them coming in different sizes. I saw small, average, and large ones. And during all this exploration and training, my Ferroseed evolved into Ferrothorn!

"Ferrothorn, the Thorn Pod Pokémon, and the evolved form of Ferroseed. Ferrothorn attach themselves to cave ceilings, firing steel spikes at targets passing beneath them. By swinging around their three spiky feelers and shooting spikes, they can obliterate an opponent."

290. Ferrothorn

Then a little later, I found something interesting. I came upon another Pumpkaboo, but this one was… Super-Sized! Being significantly different then the dozens of others I saw, I wanted to catch it. I sent out Ferrothorn to battle it, and it weakened itself due to my Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs ability. It took several Poké Balls, but I finally caught it with a critical capture!

Then, after hours of searching, I finally found another Phantump! I didn't even try to weaken it; I threw a single Poké Ball and caught it!

291. Phantump

With my new Pokémon in hand, I travelled further along the route. As I was walking past a waterfall, I saw a Floatzel jump out of the water.

"Floatzel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon, and the evolved form of Buizel. Floatzel float using their well-developed flotation sac which developed as a result of pursuing aquatic prey. It can double as a rubber raft. They assist in the rescues of drowning people."

I also found that Phantump knew a very unique move. Phantump could use Forest's Curse, which was similar to Pumpkaboo's Trick-or-Treat, except that Forest's Curse adds grass-type to the opponent. It combined well as a set-up for Crobat to finish with Acrobatics.

January 9, 2015

I ended up waking up in the early morning hours, so I decided to do some exploring on Mélancolie Path before work. Further along the route, I found a house near some docks on a lake that formed near the base of a waterfall. Inside the house were some fishermen, and one of them gave me a Super Rod! That will be useful in filling up my Pokédex with some rare water-type Pokémon. Then there were plenty of fishermen on the docks who were looking to battle. Their water Pokémon made good opponents for my team. There were even a few Pokémon I still hadn't seen in Kalos yet.

"Whiscash, the Whiskers Pokémon, and the evolved form of Barboach. Whiscash make their nests at the bottom of swamps which they claim for themselves. If foes come near them, they set off tremors by thrashing around. They will eat anything."

"Basculin, the Hostile Pokémon. Basculin are very violent and always fighting. Red and blue Basculin usually do not get along, but sometimes members of one school mingle with the other's school. They are also remarkably tasty."

The route then led to yet another entrance to Lumiose City. Since I was there, I decided to have my team battle at Restaurant le Yeah, and finally, I won every triple battle in the correct turn limits! I then took my Pokémon to the Pokémon Center for a rest, and then had another four Pokémon sent to me: Pyroar, Spritzee, Diggersby, and Wormadam (plant cloak).

After work, much later in the evening, I resumed Pokémon training. I remembered from the Laverre City Gym that Spritzee was able to evolve with a Satchet. So I gave the Sachet I had to my Spritzee, and it evolved into Aromatisse!

292. Aromatisse

I then decided to take my new Super Rod to the west since I know there are Pokémon along Muraille Coast that I could find. I remember battling a trainer here who said he caught his one Pokémon nearby. It took a few tries before getting a bite, but I eventually fished up a Qwilfish that I caught!

293. Qwilfish

January 10, 2015

After catching my Qwilfish, I decided to train at the nearby Battle Chateau. After giving all my Pokémon a workout, I returned to Cyllage City, where I had Skrelp, Carvanha, Barboach, and Diglett sent to me. I remained in town, and decided to do some fishing there. I remember battling a trainer at the Cyllage City Gym who used a Relicanth he caught while fishing here in the city. So I cast my Super Rod, but hooked something else instead. It looked like a giant Skrelp! Or, is it its evolved form? I scanned it with my Pokédex.

"Dragalge, the Mock Kelp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Skrelp. Dragalge have poison strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory. Tales are told of ships that wander into seas where these Pokémon live, never to return."

That's one awesome Pokémon, and it looks like it becomes part dragon-type, making it the first dragon/poison-type that I can recall. Its poison was indeed strong, since it used Toxic on nearly my whole team. I wonder when my Skrelp will evolve?

I kept fishing along the beach while my Pokémon swam in the ocean. Then I finally hooked a Relicanth! I had a few of my Pokémon battle it to weaken it, but it knocked out a few of them with its strong Take Down attack, which I noticed wasn't hurting itself. I guess I know its ability. I threw a bunch of Poké Balls, but it would break free after one or no shakes. I kept trying to slowly weaken it. I think I remember them being hard to catch; I think I caught my last one in Hoenn in a Great Ball. So I tried a Great Ball. It rocked three times, the closest I came to catching it, but still no good. My Carvanha landed the lucky hit, because after that the Poké Ball I tossed caught it! And then, Carvanha evolved into Sharpedo!

"Sharpedo, the Brutal Pokémon, and the evolved form of Carvahna. Sharpedo can swim at speeds of 75 mph by jetting seawater through their bodies. Their fangs can rip through sheet iron. They are known as the bandits of the sea."

294. Relicanth

295. Sharpedo

Then I did more Super Training with Wingull. Wingull's well-trained speed is making these challenges seem a lot easier, because it can quickly dodge many attacks that I remember Cubone having difficulty with. We defeated two more challenges, bringing Wingull's medal total up to 23.
    Next I returned to the Battle Chateau to train the rest of my Pokémon. After one battle, my Diglett evolved into Dugtrio, and my Barboach evolved into Whiscash!

296. Dugtrio

297. Whiscash

January 11, 2015

After doing a little more battling at the Battle Chateau, I rotated in Ledian, Delphox, Farfetch'd, and Roselia. I then travelled to Shalour City, and went out to the coast on nearby Fourrage Road. I then cast my Super Rod. I fished up a few Octillery, which Roselia helped me battle, then I found a Corsola! I tossed a Poké Ball immediately, and caught it!

298. Corsola

Then it was back to the Battle Chateau for training with that team. After a few battles I realized I had something to power up my Roselia. So I gave it one of the two Shiny Stones I has, and it evolved into Roserade!

"Roserade, the Bouquet Pokémon, and the evolved form of Roselia. Roserade have the movements of a dancer. Luring prey with a sweet scent, they strike with whips that are densely lined with poison thorns."

299. Roserade

I had a few easy battles with my Delphox, and then I was challenged by Countess Patricia. She led off using her Torkoal! So there are Torkoal in Kalos! Apparently, they live in the wild far to the east.

"Torkoal, the Coal Pokémon. Torkoal burn coal inside their shells for energy. They blow out black soot if they are endangered. Abandoned coal mines are full of them, as they dig tirelessly in search of coal."

Later that evening, I rotated in Wooper, Meditite, Slowking, and Panpour, and travelled to Coumarine City. I then had Lapras temporarily transferred to me and set out for Azure Bay. I saw a school of Alomomola swimming past, so I cast my Super Rod to hook one. I had Wingull weaken it with Air Cutter, and then tossed a Poké Ball and caught it!

"Alomomola, the Caring Pokémon. Alomomola live floating in the open sea. When they find a wounded Pokémon, they embrace it and bring it to shore. They gently hold the injured and weak Pokémon in their fins, and their special membrane heals their wounds."

300. Alomomola

I've finally reached 300 Pokémon caught! I can't believe how many Pokémon I've obtained in Kalos. I've caught more Pokémon in the last year than I had in the first 5 years of being a Pokémon trainer combined. Of course, back then there were only 251 Pokémon, and now there's nearly three times that amount.

Back in Coumarine City, I did some Super Training with Wingull. It earned two more medals, bringing its total to 25. Then we re-challenged an old challenge, and I won what I was hoping for: a Water Stone! I'll be needing that soon. Then it was back to the Battle Chateau to train the rest of my team. After a battle with an Espurr, my Wooper evolved into Quagsire!

301. Quagsire

Years
  • -Choose male trainer and named him Wabbit
    -Got woken up by Flintler and change my clothes before heading downstairs
    and talking to my mom.
    -Walk outside and meet two of my neighbors.
    -Headed to Aquacorde Town, meet the gang, pick Fennekin as my starter,
    battle Shauna and won.
    -Head back home, deliver the Prof. letter to my mom,got town map and clothes
    from my mom, and got stop by my mom pet rhyhorn in the yard.
    -Head to route 2, learn about catching pokemon from Serena and getting 10
    pokeballs.Capture a Bunnelby on this route,temporary skip the rest of the
    pokemon and battle the trainer at the entrance of forest.
    -ambushed by Shauna upon enetering the forest, and force to drag her along.
    -Capture a pikachu and rest of the pokemon in the forest.
    -capture all the pokemon on route 2 and in the forest.

Current Party
    1.Fennekin lvl 10
    2.Bunnelby lvl 10
    3.Pikachu lvl 10

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • - was just hatching eggs
    -accidentally went into the flowers
    -Get an encounter
    -IT'S MOLTRESS
    -Buggers off before I have a chance to do anything about it (was debating using master ball)

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So I got y awhile a go and decided to do a second run.

I chose the female trainer. i chose Froakie, and went on to receiving the pokedex. (I had teansfered some pokes from my x. ) i went through route 2 and the forest. I had beaten the first gym with my Froakie, evolving into frogadier after the fight. I continued to Lumiose and met the professor. I obtained a charmander after beatin him in a battle. I continued to the next town. I visited the surrounding areas, then helped move the snorlax. I battled it and caught it. I faced my friends in a double battle with my neighbor.

My current team:
    Ninja (frogadier) lvl 22
    Jirachi lvl 19
    Yangchen (shiny mankey) lvl19
    Queen (shiny Nidorina) lvl 21
    Blitz (charmeleon) lvl 17

OffRoadSP

Years
  • January 12, 2015

After work I trained at the Battle Chateau, and my Meditite evolved into Medicham!

"Medicham, the Meditate Pokémon, and the evolved form of Meditite. Medicham gained the psychic power to predict their foes' moves through yoga training. They elegantly avoid attacks with dance-like steps, then launch devastating blows in the same motion."

302. Medicham

After battling all the trainers there, I returned to Dendemille Town and did more training along Brun Way. After I was done, I gave the Water Stone I recently acquired to Panpour, and it evolved into Simipour!

303. Simipour

Then I rotated in Furret, Ninjask, Plusle, and Volbeat. I went out to the docks on Mélancolie Path, where one of the fishermen gave me 20 Dive Balls to help catch water Pokémon. I sat near the other fisherman and cast my Super Rod. I hooked some Poliwhirl, and then found a blue-striped Basculin! I had Plusle use Thunder Wave to paralyze it, but it used Take Down which severely hurt Plusle. So I switched out for Furret, and had it use Quick Attack. Basculin countered with Take Down again, but it was weakened a bit. I tossed a Poké Ball and caught it! Who needs Dive Balls, anyway?

304. Basculin

The last thing I did before turning in for the night, was head over to Ambrette Town. I took Wingull to the hotel there to show off some of its moves. It was awarded a Smile Ribbon, which makes it Wingull's fourth ribbon.

January 13, 2015

I trained the team at the Battle Chateau, but there were mostly Barons and Viscounts there, so the battles weren't too challenging. Then I returned to Dendemille Town and battled against wild Pokémon for the rest of the evening.

January 14, 2015

I made a quick stop in Geosenge Town today. I had my Wingull demonstrate some of its moves at the hotel there and it earned a Downcast Ribbon. (I was mad at myself because I meant to stop at Camphrier Town yesterday, but I suppose there's always next Tuesday.)

January 15, 2015

I stopped in Coumarine City to have Wingull perform at the hotel there, and it earned the Careless Ribbon. I then moved to nearby Shalour City, where Wingull was awarded the Footprint Ribbon for demonstrating the close bond I share with it. That's 7 ribbons for Wingull! I stopped in Lumiose City on my way back to Dendemille Town, and had my Cubone sent to me. At one of the cafes where a lot of people who enjoy Super Training gather, my Cubone was awarded a ribbon for passing all the Super Training challenges. The Training Ribbon makes Cubone's 10th ribbon!

I then had the next set of Pokémon sent over to me: Krokorok, Exeggcute, Swirlix, and Pinsir.

January 16, 2015

At the Pokémon Center in Dendemille Town, I heard some people talking about some nearby ruins where some wild Pokémon live and some trainers hang out, mostly skaters. The place was called the Lost Hotel, so I decided to check it out. I found one of the entrances on nearby Brun Way, and I descended the stairway into the ruins. I found a Pokémon egg at the bottom of the stairs. Nearby, there were some skaters practicing all sorts of tricks through the deserted hallways. I saw some wild Litwick and Electrode who seemed to make their home there as well.

I battled a few of the wild Pokémon, and then remembered I had something for my Swirlix. I took the Whipped Dream I had and gave it to Swirlix, and it evolved into Slurpuff!

305. Slurpuff

I did a little more exploring, and then my egg hatched. It was a Magnemite!

"Magnemite, the Magnet Pokémon. Magnemite move while constantly hovering. The units at the sides of their bodies generate antigravity energy to keep them aloft in the air. They discharge their electric moves from these units."

306. Magnemite

I then decided to do some training over at the Battle Chateau, and my Krokorok evolved into Krookodile!

"Krookodile, the Intimidation Pokémon, and the evolved form of Krokorok. Krookodile are very violent Pokémon and never allow prey to escape. They try to clamp down on anything that moves in front of their eyes. Their jaws are so powerful, they can crush the body of an automobile."

307. Krookodile

January 20, 2015

I stopped in Camphrier Town on my way back from the Battle Chateau, and at the hotel there my Wingull was given a Shock Ribbon, making 8 ribbons for it.

Then I returned to the Lost Hotel on Brun Way. While exploring, I saw a garbage can shaking. When I approached a Rotom jumped out of it! I quickly caught it, but since I already have six Pokémon with me I'll train it with the next group.

"Rotom, the Plasma Pokémon. Rotom have bodies composed of plasma. They are known to infiltrate electronic devices and wreak havoc. Research continues on this Pokémon, which could be the source of a unique motor."

308. Rotom

January 24, 2015

After a 60+ hour work week this week, I can finally relax and train some of my Pokémon. First, I took my team to the Battle Chateau, and since I had some Leaf Stones on me, I used one on Exeggcute and it evolved into Exeggutor!

309. Exeggutor

Then I stopped in Cyllage City, and at the hotel there, my Wingull earned its ninth ribbon, the Snooze Ribbon! Then I returned to Lumiose City, rotating in Nidorina, Nidorino, Aerodactyl, Wormadam (sandy cloak), and my recently caught Rotom. Professor Sycamore had a bunch of appliances that Rotom could use to change its form. After trying a few, I decided on Heat Rotom, to combat the cold weather of winter.

January 25, 2015

I did more battling at the chateau, then returned to Dendemille Town and continued training in the areas around the town. I was looking through my pack and noticed I happened to have two Moon Stones with me. Since I happen to have Nidorina and Nidorino with me, and they just learned Crunch and Poison Jab, respectively, I figured now was a good time to have them evolve. I gave them each a Moon Stone, and they evolved into Nidoqueen and Nidoking, and both gained ground-type and learned Earth Power!

"Nidoqueen, the Drill Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nidorina. Nidoqueen use their scaly, rugged body to seal the entrance of their nest to protect their young from predators. If they become excited, the stiff, needlelike scales bristle outwards."

"Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nidorino. Nidoking are recognized by their rock-hard hide and their extended horn. This horn contains venom. One swing of their mighty tail can snap a telephone pole as if it were a matchstick."

310. Nidoqueen

311. Nidoking

I did a little more training, and then rotated more Pokémon, having Mothim, Slugma, Pidgeotto, and Ekans sent to me. I then decided to finish up Wingull's Super Training. We defeated the last 5 challenges, thanks to Wingull's spectacular speed. It defeated all 30 challenges, so we stopped over in Lumiose City so it could be awarded the Training Ribbon! Now it has the same ten ribbons that Cubone has! We also managed to earn a few nifty prizes like a Dawn Stone, Moon Stone, and Water Stone, all of which I think I definitely need.

After that I decided to check out the Lost Hotel. So we descended the entrance on Brun Way. One of the punk guys who hung out there challenged me to a battle. He seemed to like dark-type Pokémon, since he used a Scrafty, Sharpedo, and Pawniard. I haven't seen a Scrafty yet in Kalos. I battled back with Pidgeotto, Mothim, and Slugma, and though I won it was a challenging battle. Then after the battle my Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot!

"Scrafty, the Hoodlum Pokémon, and the evolved form of Scraggy. Scrafty can smash concrete blocks with their kicking attacks. They pull up their shed skin to protect themselves while they kick. The bigger the crest, the more respected they are. The one with the biggest crest is the group leader."

312. Pidgeot

I then came across a wild Litwick that I wanted to capture. I had Ekans use Glare to paralyze it, but it knocked itself out using Memento. Darn, I forgot it knew that move. I eventually found another one, and this time wasted no time tossing a Poké Ball, and this time I caught it! I stuck around and did a bit more training against the wild Pokémon there, and soon my Slugma evolved into Magcargo, and my Ekans evolved into Arbok! Whew! I know I have some catching up to do, but I think that's enough for one day.

313. Litwick

314. Magcargo

315. Arbok

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Yeah I didn't know this thread exsisted so imma jot my team down mmkay? XD
    Chose Chespin as my starter, he was the cutest after all~
    Chespin made me make faces in Aime. No Chespin.
    The girst wild Pokemon we see is a Pidgey.
    We caught Pidgey. She's a very serious pokemon.....
    Later on we had met the three pokemon we battled against With Sycamore. Bulbasaur looked sad so I chose him, he seemed to cheer up for the moment.
    Later on after soemt raining and evolutions, don't forget badges, we were told to go to this castle. I tripped over an Espurr. He wasn't nearly as creepy as other Espurr and was even manzai prone, so I let him join.
    Ten we had to figt a Snorlax. I caught it to show off, but then felt bad for him. But he looked happy to be with us, he always wanted to travel. Pidgeotto voiched for him too, so whatever.
    Me and Calem saved this scientist dude from some Ruby-wanna-bes and he gave me a Sail Fossil.
    Later on the fossil was revived into Amaura. He didn't seem to understand English, but was too cute and puppy like to say no to.
    Quilladin was excuted most for his new traveling companions, everyone was on an adventure now.
    Fast forward about a month later, we had our final badge in hand and were off to Victory Road.
    Pretty fun and symbolic place there.
    After that, it took us quite a bit, but we made it into the Hall of Fame.

Felix, Chesnaught, Male, Childlike
    Pippi, Pidgeot, Female, Hard Thinker
    Jem, Venusaur, Male, A bit pessimistic but still fun to be around
    Num(aka Nummles or Numa Numa) Meowstic, Male, Comedic weirdo
    Muu, Snorlax, Male, Somewhat lazy, but loves helping out when he can
    Soor, Arourus, Male, Always by my side to steal food. But seriously he was cute

Last edited:
    Back