• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I want Kanto to be just as big as Johto, and give it the attention it needs. What they did to Kanto in the original version didn't seem to right in my opinion, but hopefully with more memory access than those years before they will do more to it, and leave Johto almost the same as the original...At least balance it out is what I am saying.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think it will be quite big. If they decide to add Hoenn in there too I believe this will be where the Contests will be. Hopefully in the original style too.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I think it will be quite big. If they decide to add Hoenn in there too I believe this will be where the Contests will be. Hopefully in the original style too.
    No Hoenn for christs sake. This is a remake not a oh gee slap regions in. IF you haven't noticed things are a little more compact. I bet you anything that size is still a problem but a minor one at that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't know if they might have enough to put in Hoenn after the Kanto, but the Sevii Islands with Kanto might be possible.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    What is wrong with having the two regions having their won league though? Anyway, it wouldn't matter to me, I'm just at least hoping more over that Kanto is not as unlively as it was before. At least bring in some new features to the place and spruce it up to keep it interesting like the Johto would be.
    The Pokemon League was originally intended to be shared, as evidence by the anime. Just because Gamefreak decided to pull a money-grabbing ploy and disrupt connectivity between the second and third generations and make the two regions "unreachable" does not mean that they should retroactively re-write canon. In any case, Johto and Kanto are right by eachother. It's just stupid to think they would have their own Leagues.

Yes, I'm sure some people were disappointed that the Safari Zone was closed. Those people obviously have no lives, if they can't simply adapt to getting Safari Zone Pokemon outside the minigame, which is utterly pointless... That's what the invented trading for, please.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No matter, the Safari in the original game still held exclusive Pokémon and if they were to continue it or not it would be fine with me, but I still would like it back open.

Years
    Here are there things I want in SSHG's Kanto:

1) The Safari Zone (why do a load of people think it should be cut?), that or it should appear in Johto.

2) Although I don't think Cinnibar Island should be rebuilt, I think there should now caves where the island was, which you can explore.

3) The Team Rocket plot thread should be expanded into Kanto, Team Rocket should try and capture the Legendary Birds perhapes... with a final showdown in the catcombs below Cinnibar Island.

4) You should have the ability to capture Mewtwo, the Legendary Birds and Dogs and Celebi.

5) And finally, please, oh please, give an explanation for Silver's (or whoever you call your rival) actions, preferrably by expanding his backstory, I've always thought there is a reason behind his actions rather than sheer dislike of weakness (or more accurately, how did he develop that).

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    I think they should add a little connection between Silver and Giovanni, as hinted in FRLG, Silver being the so called son of Giovanni.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know what, I would prefer if they simply kept out the relation between Silver and Giovanni out of Kanto. It would be too much of a manga going into the games.

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
    im really glad that this remake is happening but i think the story should take place after the events of what we have all already gone through. especially with the team rocket. which evreybody is emphasizing (<-Sp. Check) on.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Since they were originally going to put the safari zone in the originals, they may add it in in the remakes. Also, adding in some other areas rather than cutting them out like they did in the originals.

If they plan on changing the story, though, I'd like them to add to the rival's story. He was never given an in-game reason for attacking Team Rocket, other than thinking their weak.
    I know there's a reference to a red-haired kid being Govanni's son in FR/LG, but the manga would have come after the originals, so it just sounds like a cross-canon nod. They could plan to use that as part of his story, but they could still do something else.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Silver's story were to continue on with the Kanto, I prefer they do something different like said above ^ Over following the manga in the game..

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    i think that the kanto subplot for team rocket should be massively expanded and i think red should act as your guide throughout that region and then when you get your last badge he should turn up and you battle him then. (he should have around lvl 80-95 Pokemon to make him better than barry) the rocket story in kanto should be like it was in the anime many times. i think it should revolve around mewtwo and him settling on a faraway island (possibly one of or an addition to the sevvi islands if they are included. i still think of mewtwo as the ultimate pokemon as arceus is not officially recognised as a pokemon by nintendo yet. therefore it is only logical that team rocket would want to capture such a powerful pokemon = i want to catch a mewtwo because i've never owned one before.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    There should be an event where you meet Silver in Mt. Silver, who was just beaten by Red, then suggests that you and him team up in a double battle, then Blue comes in like "Hey hey hey, two against one?".

Gold & Silver VS Red & Blue.

A battle so legendary, that not even Mt. Silver could contain its' epic.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I have heard that Mewtwo and the Birds are obtainable, Cinnabar is revamped, and that the Safari Zone is pretty bossed up.

Hearing this is one thing, but do you at least have proof to back it up? I mean it would be great news for the Kanto, but some of it doesn't seem like it could happen. For example, the three birds, they might not think of adding them in because of how you can catch them in the wild in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2010
    they maybe take out kanto from the remake and put and island or something just speculations

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    I stick by what I said earlier(I think) that Kanto will most likley be the same, except for a minor storyline allowing trade with Sinnoh, like in FireRed and LeafGreen and the Sevii Islands(Which might be acessable, but very unlikley)

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I have heard that Mewtwo and the Birds are obtainable, Cinnabar is revamped, and that the Safari Zone is pretty bossed up.

That's just specualtion, I doubt the birds will be obtainable since they are in Platinum and migratable from FR LG but I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo was catchable, considering you can't do it this gen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back