• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • As we all know, GSC was the only generation to include two regions and 16 badges, and we've been begging for this in other Pokemon games ever since. However, none can deny that the region was quite flawed and can't compete with the post-game fun we get from Battle Frontiers. So, what improvements would you like to see in the Kanto region.

I would love it if the Kanto region was packed with 1st Gen Pokemon, almost as if a RBY remake had been implemented in this game. Also, harder gym leaders and maybe a harder Elite Four once the 16th badge is obtained.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Also, harder gym leaders and maybe a harder Elite Four once the 16th badge is obtained.
    I would love to see an extra challenge after getting the Kanto badges along with Red. So a stronger E4 after Kanto would be welcomed by me.

I would also like for there to be more to do in Kanto besides the gyms. Just something more to make it a good addition to the game, instead of two new Pokemon that should have been in Johto.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • 1. Kanto Elite 4
    2. Return of the Safari Zone
    3. Same Pokemon in R/B/G/Y
    4. More manga references other than just Green and Red

I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Years
  • I thought Kanto was good the way it was in the original GSC. Johto is the main attraction here. We can't have too much of Kanto overpowering Johto in the game. I thought they presented Kanto well and made it futuristic of the previous one. I hope they keep the same hair style for Misty. They made her look older as well as the other gym leaders. I think they did a good job w/ Kanto. It was like everything calmed after Team Rocket left. Then, that one Rocket was alone in his misdeeds to take the item from the power plant. I'm glad they didn't have too much more Rocket in Kanto, because they had enough of Rockets in Johto. (Slowpoke well, Radio Station, Mahogany Town.) I know there are those who want Safari Zone reopened, but personally, I never really liked it. (I'd rather battle than just throw pokeballs or rocks.) I like Kanto the way it was.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Yeah, the lack of a Safari Zone in Kanto in the Gen II Gold and Sliver was a massive letdown, and I know that the National Park was supposed to be a filler for that, but it just didn't fill the emptyness that was no Safari Zone. If they do include Kanto in Heart Gold and Soul Sliver, the Safari Zone would/should make a comeback.

Years
  • - Return of the Safari Zone
    - Sevii Islands from FR/LG re-added
    - New area to replace the cave Mewtwo was in in R/B/Y/G
    - New side-quest relating to Hoenn (Possibly Team Magma/Aqua trying to capture either Moltres or Articuno, and you have to... Well, you get the point.)

Also, since D/P/P start around the whole Lake of Rage incident, maybe towards the end of the "Kanto arc," people would be talking about the whole Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Whatever thing going on in Sinnoh?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Yeah, the lack of a Safari Zone in Kanto in the Gen II Gold and Sliver was a massive letdown, and I know that the National Park was supposed to be a filler for that, but it just didn't fill the emptyness that was no Safari Zone. If they do include Kanto in Heart Gold and Soul Sliver, the Safari Zone would/should make a comeback.

Im totally with you, the Safari zone cut from G/S/C needs to be back, back then it was cut because of space problems after all... it should not be any problem now with the DS.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Forget Kanto, we already had remakes of R/B/Y. I'm hoping they put Hoenn in.
    Now why would GameFreak put in a region, possibly the worst region of all time, in a remake of a game when they could just include the first two regions which are highly regarded as the best?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I want a harder Elite Four and harder gyms over the two regions. They had to be kidding when they had Lance's strongest Pokemon, Dragonite, at lv50. It was easy and hard at the same time. I think the gyms in both regions should be harder, and have Red play a more significant role in the game. For example, he could aid you in your journey through Kanto.

There should also be more challenges in the Kanto region. Probably, Team Rocket's Giovanni could return and attempt to cause more trouble, and you would have to defeat him again. I remember I finished the entire Kanto region in a day because of the lack of challenges.

The Sevii Islands should be included into the game, if they are able to do so. Even better, they should be replaced with a Battle Frontier instead of a Trainer Tower.

Bay

Years
  • I remember in Kanto the wild Pokemon gets weaker as you go farther (in terms of levels), so I would like to see the wild Pokemon gets stronger as you go farther. I can understand part of it has to do things like Virdian Forest actually having weaker Pokemon, but since the gyms gets harder, at least the wild Pokemon's levels should match up a bit for some decent training.

Also, I too would like to see more challenges in Kanto. Perhaps something like a Battle Frointer or at least some sort of subplot when you get to Kanto.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I remember in Kanto the wild Pokemon gets weaker as you go farther (in terms of levels), so I would like to see the wild Pokemon gets stronger as you go farther. I can understand part of it has to do things like Virdian Forest actually having weaker Pokemon, but since the gyms gets harder, at least the wild Pokemon's levels should match up a bit for some decent training.

Also, I too would like to see more challenges in Kanto. Perhaps something like a Battle Frointer or at least some sort of subplot when you get to Kanto.

I don't know if it'd be changing too much but, in the anime, the Battle Frontier was placed in Kanto across the whole region, so that'd be definatly a way of adding to it.

Though personally, I liked it the way it was but am of course open to change. They could easily give Kanto a deeper plot in regardence to contests and give the Sevii Islands a return while possibly connecting them to the Orange Islands.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think maybe the Sevii Islands were anime-to-game subs for the Orange Islands. I hope not, but I think so.
    I think Giovanni should make a comeback, as a Brain or Leader if nothing else. Just show what happened after he disappeared. I thought it was him inside the mountain with the waterfalls, but sadly, it was just a dude with a tyrogue egg. -_-

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • - Stronger Kanto Leaders, (seemed a tad weak to me)
    - More native pokemon
    - Safari Zone
    - Return of the Legendary Birds
    - Return of Cinnabar Island (I missed it)
    - Giovanni back as 8th gym
    - Maybe Team Rocket making more appearances in Kanto

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back