• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids with mobile phones?

Sсott

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    I got my personal mobile phone at the age of 12-13. Before that, we had this extra spare phone that me and my older sister used to share, when one of us goes out or whatever. It wasn't that of a phone; I think it was a stupid-looking Nokia phone with no camera and like 10 MB of memory. When my sister reached 14 years of age, she got a brand new phone and I got the Nokia. My parents told me if I can stay with that "******" phone for 2 months without misusing it and getting distracted by it, a new phone will await me on my soon-birthday. So, I was a good kid and got my own mobile.

The point is, like mentioned a lot, age isn't something that should come in the way of a kid having his own phone. Of course, there are "requirements" attached. If you are involved in something that can leave you hours without your parents or you are just a cool kid that goes out a lot, a phone can come in handy in such situations. And there responsibilities you should 'abide' with.

To be honest, despite getting a phone, I did not really use it up until I was 15. It was just something that I felt "cool" and "hip" having. Kids. What cha' gonna do 'bout them, huh.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    I actually got one when I was 12 years old when I told my mom that I want one since my classmates have them. For the most part, yes. Now, if the child is involved in after-school activities or otherwise needs to have a way of communicating with a parent, then, fine. But, many of these 6-12 yr. olds are given one simply because their parents want their kids to "like" them or because "all the other kids" have them which is my reason.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I see six year olds with iPhones and iPods, texting their friends while Facebooking. You're six. You don't have an elaborate and complex network of friends.

Wait, what kind of parent lets their kid join facebook at six?!

I've seen kids as young as six with iPhones. Not joking.

O.o
    Btw, did you guys see their parents with them?
    'Cos their parents might've let them borrow those gadgets to play with.

Otherwise, it's called irresponsible parenting.

Anyway, I got my phone when I was 13, and I don't even use it much.
    But yeah, around 12/13ish.

Back