• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KidsWB dropping pokemon when they become CW

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    https://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/networktv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002384275

Seems when wb merges with UPN,..they will be keeping the kidswb saturday morning block.................but.......yu-gi-oh! and Pokemon have been removed. Yu-Gi-Oh,..for there fans... well yu-gi-oh is ending, so it makes sense it will not be back,.......The fate of Pokemon is not known. Awaiting it's 9th season,..it is mysteriously being removed because of slipped ratings,..which alot of pokemon fans say is bull.

Will have to stay tuned to find out if pokemon finds a new home,... a massive outcry causes the new CW to change their minds,......... or it truely is the end for pokemon.. for the US anyways :/

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I heard Pokemon was one of the top-rated kids shows. The truth is that they just dont want to carry it anymore because they want to get back to their STUPID AMERICAN CARTOONS. I hope they crumble if they drop Pokemon. Maybe Pokemon USA and 4kids can nagotiate to have it air on 4kids tv if the 4kids voice actors can still do the voices.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Jirachi-master said:
    I heard Pokemon was one of the top-rated kids shows. The truth is that they just dont want to carry it anymore because they want to get back to their STUPID AMERICAN CARTOONS. I hope they crumble if they drop Pokemon. Maybe Pokemon USA and 4kids can nagotiate to have it air on 4kids tv if the 4kids voice actors can still do the voices.

I think you are right.. Pokemon is still one of their highest rated cartoons.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    In mean it has dropped in the ratings yes but is still one of the highest rated cartoons on television. And cable would literally kill it. So our only hopes are for 4kids to pick it up and nagotiate some kind of deal or maybe they will just put it straight to boxxed set dvd.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Jirachi-master said:
    In mean it has dropped in the ratings yes but is still one of the highest rated cartoons on television. And cable would literally kill it. So our only hopes are for 4kids to pick it up and nagotiate some kind of deal or maybe they will just put it straight to boxxed set dvd.

I hope so..because I fear this could truley be the end for Pokemon here.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Erm... *didn't know which to post in* I picked this one to post in because it was made first. By... a minute. ^^;

Hm... well, Pokemon is quite highly-rated among children, so I can't see why no one would want to pick it up. It would certainly be ironic if the show was dubbed using PUSA's voice actors, and aired on 4KidsTV. Ironic indeed. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening, so... I don't know. Perhaps one of the Disney channels? Or CN? Or maybe even Nickelodeon? Wait... aren't Nickelodeon and CN owned by the same people? *ish confuzzled* >.>

Well, since PUSA plans on dubbing it, we'll get to see it somehow.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    Its still too popular and why is Johhn Test being renewwed and pokemon isnt? WB is biast for their own shows. What happened to the good ole channels who carried everything? We gotta do something. AND NOW.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Light_Azumarill said:
    Erm... *didn't know which to post in* I picked this one to post in because it was made first. By... a minute. ^^;

Hm... well, Pokemon is quite highly-rated among children, so I can't see why no one would want to pick it up. It would certainly be ironic if the show was dubbed using PUSA's voice actors, and aired on 4KidsTV. Ironic indeed. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening, so... I don't know. Perhaps one of the Disney channels? Or CN? Or maybe even Nickelodeon? Wait... aren't Nickelodeon and CN owned by the same people? *ish confuzzled* >.>

Well, since PUSA plans on dubbing it, we'll get to see it somehow.

Yeah I don't think PUSA is just gonna let this happen.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I still say they should nagotiate with 4kids to let them still dub it if they agree to air it.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    All I can suggest is to spread the word about this to any pokefan or pokemon message board you can... more people who knows about it... the more the people can cause an outcry about it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I aint a member there anymore but there is a thread already. I checked. The kids wb board should also be alerted.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    kidswb why didn't i think of that one lol I'll go check it out.

I can't find their boards :P

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I put in kidswb message board on google and found it.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Well, as a Canadian it doesn't really affect me (I generally watch it on YTV), but it is kind of surprising. In the end, however, it would just be their loss, and someone elses gain, seeing as someone will pick it up I suppose.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Flonne said:
    Well, as a Canadian it doesn't really affect me (I generally watch it on YTV), but it is kind of surprising. In the end, however, it would just be their loss, and someone elses gain, seeing as someone will pick it up I suppose.

Well pretty sure somone else is gonna pick it up..we just hope it isn't cable..as not all the channels are nationwide and the move could ultimatly kill it if it doesn't stay on a national channel here.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    Plus, somelike me doesnt get cable(well nothing that would carry pokemon) and I cant see it that way. And since there isnt any way to watch it online, its almost like an untimly end. This is just so unfair.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Jirachi-master said:
    Plus, somelike me doesnt get cable(well nothing that would carry pokemon) and I cant see it that way. And since there isnt any way to watch it online, its almost like an untimly end. This is just so unfair.

https://www.pokebeach.com/eps/

this place shows new episodes they change evey weekend.. so if it does happen to move to a cable channel you can watch them still here. :)

Back