• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KidsWB dropping pokemon when they become CW

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're dropping it because they don't want to have to fork over some of their money to outside companies like 4kids and PUSA. Wouldn't surprise me, everything is apparently about money these days...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    agentk_b said:
    https://www.pokebeach.com/eps/

this place shows new episodes they change evey weekend.. so if it does happen to move to a cable channel you can watch them still here. :)

Thank you. Pokemon has been with me for 8 years. Thats from 1st grade to 8th grade. Its the only show from the ninties that I still watch. Though I dont get into the tcg and toys as much anymore, I cant give up the anime like this. As long as I can still watch it, I guess Ill survive,

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Jirachi-master said:
    Thank you. Pokemon has been with me for 8 years. Thats from 1st grade to 8th grade. Its the only show from the ninties that I still watch. Though I dont get into the tcg and toys as much anymore, I cant give up the anime like this. As long as I can still watch it, I guess Ill survive,

I too have been watching it for 8 years.. I'm a pokefan to the end... I was 18 when it debuted here *looks back and forth*

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I dont think I can be happy if I cant see pokemon. Its one thing when it ends but this is just unacceptable.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I know someday pokemon will end in japan...and I'm hoping that it will end in the US the way it ends in japan. would be sad if this was the last season on tv.. and japan has a few more seasons that we would never get to see.

I don't think pokemon will end... I just fear if it moves to cable it can get it cancelled here.
    I want it to stay on kidwb or some other US national channel.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Didn't see this coming, this really is gonna be a problem since CN really is the only place that can air it. If 4Kids still had it, it could have gone there...but they don't and it can't, so Miguzi really is looking like the only place it can air. I just hope it doesn't end up in limbo or anything. If we were talking a few years ago, I'd say it was definite that CN will be airing Pokémon on Miguzi. But now, I'm not so sure. I mean, it'd make sense and all, but CN hasn't made sense in a long while now. I can see it airing on CN, but at the same time I can't.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Kazuhito said:
    Didn't see this coming, this really is gonna be a problem since CN really is the only place that can air it. If 4Kids still had it, it could have gone there...but they don't and it can't, so Miguzi really is looking like the only place it can air. I just hope it doesn't end up in limbo or anything. If we were talking a few years ago, I'd say it was definite that CN will be airing Pokémon on Miguzi. But now, I'm not so sure. I mean, it'd make sense and all, but CN hasn't made sense in a long while now. I can see it airing on CN, but at the same time I can't.

Yeah things shuffle there alot..is why I fear the move could kill the show here.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    I mean, I think it will end with season 12. WHY? Seems logical. The battle frontier is nearly completed and the diamond/pearl region will most likly be bit shorter and take 2 1/2 season to complete. I could live with that. But I dont want Pokemon to end in the USA BEFORE, it ends in Japan. That would be a disaster.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Jirachi-master said:
    I mean, I think it will end with season 12. WHY? Seems logical. The battle frontier is nearly completed and the diamond/pearl region will most likly be bit shorter and take 2 1/2 season to complete. I could live with that. But I dont want Pokemon to end in the USA BEFORE, it ends in Japan. That would be a disaster.

Same here....I want it to end the same way it does in japan.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Don't give up yet... it's still not knocked out yet.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2008
    Still, it is. With yugioh gone, and pokemon's future looking very dim, and op slaughtered by 4kids, what is left?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ...better anime? Pokemon isn't the best anime in America, it's an okay anime and when it wants to be, a great one. But it hasn't been good in a long while, even with the Battle Frontier stuff, that was kind of boring. Yuugiou isn't going to be on because the Memories arc is coming to a close, there's no reason for it to be on air anymore. GX isn't doing as good as Yuugiou, but it's doing better than most shows on CN at the moment.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Kazuhito said:
    ...better anime? Pokemon isn't the best anime in America, it's an okay anime and when it wants to be, a great one. But it hasn't been good in a long while, even with the Battle Frontier stuff, that was kind of boring. Yuugiou isn't going to be on because the Memories arc is coming to a close, there's no reason for it to be on air anymore. GX isn't doing as good as Yuugiou, but it's doing better than most shows on CN at the moment.

I beleive he means it is great because of the impact it has had. Pokemon was a gateway to many newer anime fans.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Since 4Kids no longer distributes Pokemon, than I do not believe that CN is the only one who can use it.

We must not forget MyNetworkTV is soon to be started, which means either they OR NBC could get the rights to Pokemon.

NBC, is currently redoing their Saturdays too.

EDIT: I would believe since D/P are coming out soon that they would not risk losing this show. Especially since D/P will probably boost's Pokemon's popularity.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't know if this one'll last, or if it's even true. But if it is, then I could see CN getting their hands on both shows in the near future. Whether they'll be the only ones will remain to be seen. I do know that Disney's been looking at Pokemon for awhile too.

And you make a good point. Pokemon has been introducing younger audiences into the realm of Anime and Fantasy. And now that there's talk of the possibility of an official D20 system being developed the realm might be expanding to table-top RPGs too! Then Pokemon Ranger and Dungeon (or whatever it is) is introducing the aspect of action and dungeon crawling. No, I doubt that Pokemon is losing popularity. In fact, it might be turning into a universal series!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    SBaby said:
    I do know that Disney's been looking at Pokemon for awhile too.
    One of the good things that could come from that is actually seeing the movies back on the big screen.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Do I hear a bunch of people saying, "Bingo,"?

But as I have said on a few sites, I won't pass any sort of judgement outside of trying to keep the former cast in the show, until I see the end result.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Disney May Want Pokemon But I Could Not See An Anime Show Mix In With So Called "Disney Comedys", I Mean That Channel Isnt Exactly Anime Or Any Thing To Do With Action Friendly.

Nickelodean Went From The Best Channel To The Worst Channel With All THose Stupid New Shows. Ex- Zoey 101. If Pokemon Was Put Their I Wouldnt Watch It.

Cartoon Network I Could Deifnetly See Holding Pokemon, It Would Be Better If It Was On Miguzi (New Episode Everyday!). But It Would Proabably Be On Toonami, Most Anime Shows Are.

I Hope Either Disney, 4kids Or Cn Gets Pokemon, Most Likeley CN Because Theyve Had Pokemon On Before, Not New Episodes, Just Repeats.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    It had a few channel switches over here in UK but I choose to watch it from Poke Beach now because of its awful times its aired over here.

Back