• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Persona

Banned
Years
  • Birth by Sleep is one of the latest games for the Kingdom Hearts series, and it will be revolving on the characters from the Secret Movie in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. The games takes place around 10 years before the original KH, so before Sora handled the Keyblade, there were others who mastered it. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared along with his apprentice. Another master of the Keyblade thought that was a sign of danger, so he ordered his three apprentices (Terra, Ven and Aqua) to find Xehanort.

You can play as those three different characters at the start of the game. Each of them will have their own style of fighting and follow different outlines of the plot. The story does follow three heroes, but they will all eventually encounter one another. Once completing all three of the scenarios, we'll be able to fully understand the entire story.

Birth by Sleep is a single player game, but Tetsuya Nomura stated that the gameplay is now different. He says it'll be similar to Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, so that means decks are going to be used. A new leveling system has been created and developed solely for this game as well. The team is currently thinking of ideas to make full use out of the PSP's system. Multiplayer, perhaps?

Discuss. :D

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I can't wait for this game to come out.
    What I don't like is that they are incorporating the decks. That is what I hated about CoM... Maybe the decks will just be like a special or something.
    Multiplayer would be really cool, but I don't know how I would feel about it.. KH isn't a multiplayer game... but I'm also one of those that people that are hard to break into something new when if comes to a series.

Here is what I am wondering, Why do Ven and Roxas look so much alike? what could be the relation, if any, be?

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Multiplayer would be really cool, but I don't know how I would feel about it.. KH isn't a multiplayer game... but I'm also one of those that people that are hard to break into something new when if comes to a series.

True, but I am just speculating, after all. :>

Here is what I am wondering, Why do Ven and Roxas look so much alike? what could be the relation, if any, be?

Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. Both Ven and Master Xehanort both seem to have connections to preexisting characters. I guess we'll only know once we play through the story, so that their connections will be revealed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, no, not the cards system again. No, no, no. I didn't like them in CoM, and I don't think I'll like them too much in BbS, but who knows, it could be different. They just confused me, really.

I think that exploring the stories of those who wielded the Keyblade before Sora is very interesting, and will make a nice addition to the Kingdom Hearts series. It's gonna be different, a Kingdom Hearts without Sora as the main protagonist, but I'm still looking forward to Birth by Sleep. A multiplayer option would be interesting to see as well.

So, wait, would you be choosing one player in the beginning to play as, or would you be playing as each of the three over the course of the game?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • YAY CARD SYSTEM. 8D I'm so looking forward to that. I love CoM's battle system so I'm totally psyched to see it redone in a way. ♥ I dunno why so many people utterly despise the card system. D: I always thought it was done really well in CoM and it should translate well to the PSP.

I'm interested in the plot too, of course. I'm especially curious about the connection between Ven and Roxas. Unfortunately, that's really the only thing I'm really excited for (aside from the card system XD) with this game. Oh, and I want to know if a special PSP will come out with the game, even if I already broke down and got a PSP the other week. (I was originally going to get one for this game but it doesn't even have a release window yet. >:|)

As for multiplayer... well, they're doing it in 358/2 and in the original CoM I believe you could link up and battle another player? Or trade cards? I can't remember and I don't have my copy on me to check. I assume it would be akin to that if there is some sort of multiplayer mode to it, though. Especially if they're revamping the deck system.

As far as KH games go, though, I'm anticipating 358/2 Days far more than BBS. :/

Masterleaguegurlx

Envee darlin' :) x
    Years
  • Do youu know what platform the game will be for?
    I heard its for PS3 but I dont have one, and I love the games sooo much it would be a real shame :(

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I agree with Erica on this one. The only thing I am really excited about is finding out the connection between Roxas and Ven.
    I can't wait for 358/2 Days. Axel and Roxas....I'm so excited. : D
    Any one have any theories about how the plot will play out in BbS.
    SORRY FOR NOT BEING CLEAR D<

Last edited:

RIMHfire

Fire User
    Years
  • I don't like the fact that they're switching platforms again. I don't own a PSP, nor do I wish to own one because BbS will be the only game I'll have for it, and no way I'll go buy PSP-specific-only movies for it.

I never played Chain of Memories because I didn't even know it existed. I thought KH games would only come out for PS2, so watched for new PS2 games. Then when KH2 came out and I was watching the opening I was thinking 'what the hell did I miss?' (then again, I never finished KH, but know what happens in the end).

BASICALLY, I'm not happy it's coming out only on PSP. then again, whatever follows KH2 in Sora's storyline will probably be for PS3, so I'm going to have to get something eventually.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
  • im highly looking forward to Birth By Sleep but i personally think more speculation revolves around 358/2 Days and the elusive 14th member.

Roxas and Ven look very much alike but i have heard that the three ( Terra Aqua and Ven) were to relate to Sora Riku and Kairi. i think it was with the name having a Latin relation to each other i cant remember right now. I hope i can grab a PSP for the release of BBS. this game seems to revolve more around the finding of Xehanort while 358/2 is revolving around the origination of Roxas. Either way both game are going to answer alot of questions.And great another card base game XD.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I never liked CoM, even though I only played a bit of it. I think that they should make BbS for ps3/ps2, but mostly ps2, because I don't have a ps3. But the trailer movie thing at the end of KH2 made it look like it deserving of graphics like the ps3 can handle, and shouldn't be stuck on the psp (I know the psp has good graphics for a handheld, but not as good a ps3/2).

Cherrim

Years
  • BASICALLY, I'm not happy it's coming out only on PSP. then again, whatever follows KH2 in Sora's storyline will probably be for PS3, so I'm going to have to get something eventually.
    Actually, Nomura has said that Sora's story is more or less over. I think fandom generally takes it to mean that come KH3, Sora won't be the main character.
    im highly looking forward to Birth By Sleep but i personally think more speculation revolves around 358/2 Days and the elusive 14th member.

Roxas and Ven look very much alike but i have heard that the three ( Terra Aqua and Ven) were to relate to Sora Riku and Kairi. i think it was with the name having a Latin relation to each other i cant remember right now.
    Oh yeaaah, I'm really curious about the 14th member too. \o/ Another reason why 358/2 is higher on my list.

As for the name similarity:
    Sora → Sky ← Ven
    Riku → Ground ← Terra
    Kairi → Sea ← Aqua

The Japanese names mean the English word in the middle which translates to the Latin word on the right. :D

I never liked CoM, even though I only played a bit of it. I think that they should make BbS for ps3/ps2, but mostly ps2, because I don't have a ps3. But the trailer movie thing at the end of KH2 made it look like it deserving of graphics like the ps3 can handle, and shouldn't be stuck on the psp (I know the psp has good graphics for a handheld, but not as good a ps3/2).
    After playing Crisis Core, I'd be quite content with putting anything on a PSP. Square knows how to make the most with their graphics. :B

Notorious

Ready To Die
    Years
  • It will be the first game I pick up for my PSP in a long time. It's been my dream for a 3D Kingdom Hearts portable game. Definitely one of the top games on my wishlist. Kingdom Hearts is like my guilty pleasure.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I never liked CoM, even though I only played a bit of it. I think that they should make BbS for ps3/ps2, but mostly ps2, because I don't have a ps3. But the trailer movie thing at the end of KH2 made it look like it deserving of graphics like the ps3 can handle, and shouldn't be stuck on the psp (I know the psp has good graphics for a handheld, but not as good a ps3/2).

Quote for truth. This news is a bit of a shock to my system. I was waiting for KH3 for PS3, and then it's like "oh, that game is going to be for the PSP!"

I don't even have a PSP :(

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Quote for truth. This news is a bit of a shock to my system. I was waiting for KH3 for PS3, and then it's like "oh, that game is going to be for the PSP!"

I don't even have a PSP :(

You do realize Birth by Sleep and KH III are two different games, right? I think it's a fair idea that Square Enix is releasing BbS for the PSP and 358/2 Days for the DS, considering KH III will likely be a PS3 exclusive, although that has not yet been announced.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, they're mostly just trying to milk the series for all it's worth by giving these spin-off additions that aren't the main series. But hey, I'm not complaining. :P You won't miss out on the main story at all if you don't have these games, I assume. It'll probably be just like COM was--it adds to the plot if you know what happened in it, but if you haven't a clue, KH3 won't be confusing either.

That said, BBS is actually going to be playable soon! At the Square Enix party in August, they'll have a playable build of BBS. It's far from finished but they'll be taking feedback from it and heading back to improve it. This is good news 'cause it means it's that much farther along than I thought. :D I can't wait to hear reactions and thoughts on it.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
  • Well, they're mostly just trying to milk the series for all it's worth by giving these spin-off additions that aren't the main series. But hey, I'm not complaining. :P You won't miss out on the main story at all if you don't have these games, I assume. It'll probably be just like COM was--it adds to the plot if you know what happened in it, but if you haven't a clue, KH3 won't be confusing either.

That said, BBS is actually going to be playable soon! At the Square Enix party in August, they'll have a playable build of BBS. It's far from finished but they'll be taking feedback from it and heading back to improve it. This is good news 'cause it means it's that much farther along than I thought. :D I can't wait to hear reactions and thoughts on it.
    Your right, these games are meant to reveal more about the story and to clear up any remaining speculation. Im hoping though the that by the time the english version gets released there wont be too many edits from the japanese version. KH2 had many useless edits ( like Xigbar's guns) that just were not needed which didnt make it as good as the japanese version.also has there been any news on the the game for the cell phone? i barely heard anything about that.

Back