• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Well, the Kingdom Hearts group discussion thread died, pretty much, and I'd revive it and such, but I'd much rather post a shiny new thread. So. Here we go.

If you haven't already heard, Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ will be released in Japan on March 29, 2007. It's basically like an extended edition of the game, with the English voice track (for the Japanese audience). They did it with the first game, but this time, they're packaging a remake of Chain of Memories along with it. So, I'll list a few of the changes and additions that have been made so far.

Final Mix +
    • A new drive form for Sora. It apparently resembles his clothes from first KH game.
    • Christmas outfits for Sora & Co. in Christmas Town
    • Organization XIII members are in the Coliseum, including COM members. The Marluxia battle apparently looks really cool and has a lot of reaction commands. :DDD
    • The fight between Sora and Roxas (in TWTNW) is PLAYABLE now. Roxas has a lot of HP.
    • New mushroom heartless. Their appearance is based of the cloak design of Organization XIII.
    • New scenes, including more appearances of Organization XIII (they have a meeting! xD) and more scenes featuring Roxas.
    • Maps have been altered. Some places have extra places and apparently there's a new (albeit very small) world on the map. Castle Oblivion, perhaps? :x (I don't remember if that's a rumour or truth. XD)

Re: Chain of Memories
    • A total revamp of the game--it'll be on PS2 and in 3D.
    • New cards, new scenes
    • Voice acting in the scenes in-between floors. So basically, all the scenes that have Organization members will more or less be voiced. (Not sure about the on-floor things like in Twilight Town on Sora's side with Vexen and such...but I really hope that's voiced because it's SUCH a cool scene. :x)
    • It's more like KHII than KH, such as using reaction commands.
    • We FINALLY learn Zexion's weapon. Nomura promised. D< His fight versus Riku is also playable.
    • Linkable to FM+. Both games will have extras available if you have save points (presumably at certain levels of completion) from the other game on the same memory card.

There are a lot of magazine scans already, so I'll just share the latest ones because they happen to be my favourites and cover...most of what I've mentioned here. :x

Page 1 - This one doesn't have much. Just the pretty new art for both games and near the bottom, an example of the transition from 2D to 3D for COM with Axel.

Page 2 - Pretty much just showing off Sora's new Santa outfit.

Page 3 - Screens from the Sora/Roxas fight. The reaction command is Duel Bout, same as the Samurai nobodies that Roxas controls. He's apparently as hard as he can get for a mandatory boss. :x

Page 4 - ORGANIZATION MUSHROOMS. Aren't they cute? xD And it would seem the Organization is having a little meeting on their ridiculous chairs in the bottom screens. I'd translate, but the kanji is blurry and I'm lazy. o_o; They're talking about Axel and Sora, though.

Page 5 - *ahem* MARLUXIA. FINALLY SOME IN-GAME SCREENS OF MARLUXIA. Sorry, had to get that out. These are some screens from COM. Riku up above, Sora and Riku talking about Namine, Marluxia telling Axel to "Rid us of our traitor" (♥!), Axel and Marluxia, Zexion with two eyes, and some basement scenes with Lexaeus and Zexion.

Page 6 - More in-game from COM. You can see the lack of voice acting in the Disney worlds, but it still looks nice.

Page 7 - More COM. Looks like the room selection is more advanced here. Looks like it ranks how many Heartless will appear and how big the room will be? (The stars, I mean, with three slots. :x)

Page 8 - And...even more COM. XD; Here we can see some of the Riku vs. Zexion fight. (Zexion seems to have Riku's Souleater weapon, but Nomura says he has his own weapon that's yet to be revealed.) Also shows more fight scenes.

Now, this doesn't have any release date outside of Japan, nor is it even known if it will even be released outside of Japan. The first Final Mix wasn't, but since this clearly has a lot more than the original FM (an entire game remake bundled in), there could be a chance of it coming here. Plus, Nomura has shown interest in having it here so...fingers crossed?

Anyway, shutting up now. Discuss? :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    First thought: Roxas controlled the Samurai?? I thought his were the normal Nobodies (the ones that keep coming after him, which would explian how he could hear them talk...and I think they called him "Master", so...). Of course, that would leave the question of which ones Xemnas controlled, so...

Anyway, this is looking promising. I'm not sure about the CoM remake though--I was never a big fan of the card system. Yet, the addition of Reaction Commands and moving the battles to the real world (didn't like the "Who knows how many enemies will show up" factor, either) might make it better.

And, as far as Zexion's weapon goes, I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's some kind of weapon-copier.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
  • In the Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania (kind of the Japanese guidebook), the profiles of the Organization members tell you which Nobodies they controlled. From the looks of it, they all controlled the Dusks (the normal ones) and then the members in the second game all had a higher Nobody that they controlled. Roxas had the Samurai and Xemnas had the Sorcerer types, actually...those ones with the spinning cubes and such in TCTNW. oo;

I didn't mind the card system, actually. o_O; I know it turned a lot of people off, but I found myself a little disappointed that there was no equivalent to the card break in KHII when I first picked it up since all I'd played since the first game was COM. XD; They've made a few changes to the battle system for Re:COM, though, so it should at the very least be improved. And if not, at least less tedious to play through. o.o

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • They both look simply fantastic. It touches up on all the things I didn't like about KHII (Like the limited Namine screentime and little insight into Organization XIII.) Plus the remake of CoM is really cool as well particularly the fight with Zexion and other things like that. I only hope that it's released to places outside of Japan. The last one wasn't but I think this one has a better chance because KHII was pretty popular here in the states. I think I read somewhere that Nomura is considering it, so I hope he decides that it's a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    In the Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania (kind of the Japanese guidebook), the profiles of the Organization members tell you which Nobodies they controlled. From the looks of it, they all controlled the Dusks (the normal ones) and then the members in the second game all had a higher Nobody that they controlled. Roxas had the Samurai and Xemnas had the Sorcerer types, actually...those ones with the spinning cubes and such in TCTNW. oo;

I didn't mind the card system, actually. o_O; I know it turned a lot of people off, but I found myself a little disappointed that there was no equivalent to the card break in KHII when I first picked it up since all I'd played since the first game was COM. XD; They've made a few changes to the battle system for Re:COM, though, so it should at the very least be improved. And if not, at least less tedious to play through. o.o

0.0; SORCERERS?? ...Well,...makes some sense, I guess, what with the barrier and all...wait,...if that's so, then which ones did Axel control?

And my problem with the card system was with the limits that were placed...and the fact that most of my battles ended up just being mostly cardbreaks one after another (a Keyblade strike should NOT be stopped that easily).

Cherrim

Years
  • Nomura did say in an interview that he would like the English players to have a chance to hear the Japanese voice cast, since the Final Mix games in Japan always use the English cast. So that's evidence that he does want it to come here, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will. I hope it does, though~
    0.0; SORCERERS?? ...Well,...makes some sense, I guess, what with the barrier and all...wait,...if that's so, then which ones did Axel control?
    Axel controlled the Assassin types. :x

Years
  • I'm not a KH obbsessive, but my Bro got a PS2 and KH with it, so I'm gunna start to play it, so if this comes to european shores, I can play COM and KH2 :P

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
  • *writhes in pain* THE IMAGES WON'T LOAD FOR ME!! ;0; They take too long... <___<

ANYWAYS.

Oh. Em. Gee. MORE ORGANIZATION SCENES? That means... MORE DEMYX! *-* SQUEE! *cough*

And even though they did show a lot of Axel in the original KH2, still, MORE AXEL! xDDD

I'm looking forward to this, even though I won't be able to play it. .__.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Zexion actually has two eyes!? That's the most surprising news yet! xD

But gawsh, this is major squee-ness for me, since I see all my favorite characters on these pages x33 Since we'll be seeing how Riku turned Rikunort on us, I hope they expand on what happened to him the whole year Sora was asleep. There's got to be some reason he lightened up so considerably. I've been wanting a backstory for the freaking kid since he closed himself in Kingdom Hearts ._.

Aside from Riku, I'm excited Zexion's weapon will be revealed >D AND more screentime for dear little emo-pants Roxas, Axel, and possibly Demyx. (Whee~! Larxene and Marluxia are gonna be so kick-butt in 3D!)

The picture of them on the CoM poster reminds me of a 40's film noir couple. The femme fatale and her dubious partner xD;; It's kind of funny.

And OH MY GEORGE. The Mushroom heartless! xDDD I thought Nomura was kidding around when he said he'd bring them back! x3

cybernin

Come on, come and kill me Kira
    Years
  • will this also be in america? without havinmg to import and buy a mod chip. but the changes make me want to ppee my pnats.

Cherrim

Years
  • Not sure if it'll be released in North America yet, cybernin. I'm importing it either way and I'll probably be using Swap Magic instead of modding my PS2 for it. o_o; Seems like less of a hassle and I know people it works well for, so it seems like the best bet.
    *writhes in pain* THE IMAGES WON'T LOAD FOR ME!! ;0; They take too long... <___<

ANYWAYS.

Oh. Em. Gee. MORE ORGANIZATION SCENES? That means... MORE DEMYX! *-* SQUEE! *cough*

And even though they did show a lot of Axel in the original KH2, still, MORE AXEL! xDDD

I'm looking forward to this, even though I won't be able to play it. .__.
    Yes, there has to be more Demyx. ;_; He seriously doesn't get enough time in KH2 so with extra Organization scenes, he'd better be there. Hell, he's probably in that meeting scene. Omg, can you imagine? Demyx during a meeting? XDD; *wants to see that so bad*

Even if it doesn't come here, enough people will import it that everyone will know every detail anyway, I bet. :B

Zexion actually has two eyes!? That's the most surprising news yet! xD
    I know. XD; I've seen so much fanfiction about why Zexion keeps his eye hidden, which proves everyone was curious about it. Nice to see the eye actually exists now. =D

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
  • OMG. The images work! SQUEE! *dances*

Yet... none of them have Demmy. D:

ZOMG, I can see him in a meeting:

Xemnas: *ranting on about something*
    Demyx: *raises hand* Superior?
    Xemnas: What, Number IX?
    Demyx: I have to go potty.

END

xDDDDDDD YUSH, RANDOM AND POINTLESS I KNOW BUT STILL ADORABLE!

OMG, dah Mushroom Heartless are so adorable! I like Sora's new Christmas outfit!

Um, I'm not sure if Final Mix come out in America. The Final Mix for KH didn't come out, only in Japan.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    OMG. The images work! SQUEE! *dances*

Yet... none of them have Demmy. D:

ZOMG, I can see him in a meeting:

Xemnas: *ranting on about something*
    Demyx: *raises hand* Superior?
    Xemnas: What, Number IX?
    Demyx: I have to go potty.

END

xDDDDDDD YUSH, RANDOM AND POINTLESS I KNOW BUT STILL ADORABLE!

OMG, dah Mushroom Heartless are so adorable! I like Sora's new Christmas outfit!

Um, I'm not sure if Final Mix come out in America. The Final Mix for KH didn't come out, only in Japan.
    OMG. Demyx needs a potty break xDD *laughs at all random stuff and thinks most of it is cute* x333

Yush, but Tetsuya Nomura acknowledged the North American fans in one of his interviews, saying that he wasn't quite sure what to do about us. He's a smart man. I'm trusting he'll do the right thing and GIVE US THE GAME, DARNIT.

:3

Sora's new outfit is lurvely x3 And the new Drive Mode they're talking about apparently looks like Sora's KH1 clothes.. How nostalgic! xD

Aww, I remember reading a KH fanfiction that included an Org.XIII conference. Demyx made me laugh like mad. xD I hope there's more of him! I always thought of him being part of the 'young members' club. You know, staying with the others and trying to have fun in general. The way he responded to Sora's statement about not having a heart seemed almost like he was in denial about it ;0; As if he'd had memories of feelings even as a Nobody, being happy and sad and all that emotional stuff. *shrugs*

He better be in the game, yo! >0

poketchi

Wheeeeee.......
    Years
  • Just looking at it that game is going to rock!
    when I showed my 3 Year old baby brother the Sora santa outfit he said Sora Santa!XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Both of them sound so totally awesome! x3
    I must obtain both of them! Mainly the new KH2...

Maybe I'll just rent the new Chain of Memories, and if I like it enough, buy it eventually.

Either way, I can't wait! ^-^

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, if they do come out here, they're packaged together. So if you get FM+, Re:COM comes bundled with it. :D

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
  • I wish they made KH: Final Mix and KH2: Final Mix + as a bundle set for USA and all that. Then you get the awesomeness of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:COM and FM+.

Still, just FM+ being localized here is good enough.

But if they don't release it here though... it will be a sad, sad day.

Or I just import those mod chips for region-free PS2's. Whatever way works :D

Cherrim

Years
  • I've already preordered FM+ (getting it for my birthday *dance* :D) buuut, I'm bumping this up because it was apparently reported in Electronic Gaming Monthly that Final Mix+ will be released in English this fall.

Now, Square-Enix hasn't confirmed this, but it apparently isn't the first magazine to have reported it so...looks like it actually might come stateside this time. I hope it's true~ :D

Natti

where were y o u . . .
    Years
  • EEK!

lyke omg r u srs?

... I kid. xD

But I REALLY hope that Final Mix will be released here! 8D

Cuz it has more Organization time.

If they don't, then that's just cruel punishment. ;w;

Back