• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts II (revived)

Latioscatcher

King of Chaos
Years
  • *sigh* I had to revive this topic lol..any way lets talk about the game shall we.. lemme try to summarize stuff like whats in jap version and whats in english.
    *MAJOR SPOILERS MAYBE*
    Well the game starts of with the BHK kid, Roxas, .you control him in twilight town, and when you start of as him you get a tutorial when you first start the game.
    Sephiroth back in the game, and hes even harder to beat.
    Mickey is appearing more often, and he has the same bad fashion as Sora
    Thats all i can remember.
    Its coming out March 28, 2006.
    Differneces in us and jap versions
    Us version:
    its english
    loads of detail are kinda gone.. i think
    some of the stuff in the jap version is not there..i think
    Jap version:
    the dark city or so is nibelheim from ff7 and its only in the jap version ..i think
    there two version of the game: Trinity masterpiece and regular.

Well now its you guys to talk now about the game ^^

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    Latioscatcher said:
    *sigh* I had to revive this topic lol..any way lets talk about the game shall we.. lemme try to summarize stuff like whats in jap version and whats in english.
    *MAJOR SPOILERS MAYBE*
    Well the game starts of with the BHK kid, Roxas, .you control him in twilight town, and when you start of as him you get a tutorial when you first start the game.
    Sephiroth back in the game, and hes even harder to beat.
    Mickey is appearing more often, and he has the same bad fashion as Sora
    Thats all i can remember.
    Its coming out March 28, 2006.
    Differneces in us and jap versions
    Us version:
    its english
    loads of detail are kinda gone.. i think
    some of the stuff in the jap version is not there..i think
    Jap version:
    the dark city or so is nibelheim from ff7 and its only in the jap version ..i think
    there two version of the game: Trinity masterpiece and regular.

Well now its you guys to talk now about the game ^^

There's only one version. Trinity Masterpiece is just the complete set of the Kingdom Hearts series (KH, KH: CoM, KH2). Nothing different. And they said that the English and Japanese versions are completely the same. Dont difference is the language. Why the hell would the dark city be gone if the whole game is about that place? Same bad fashon as Sora? You stole that line from EGM. Mickey is in KH2 a hell of a lot more. But everyone knows that already.

Oh and guess what. MTV is actually good for something! On MTV Overdrive, they have a North American Kingdom Hearts II section with info and interviews of the voice actors. I personally hate the english voice acting. But once again, Riku's voice pwns.

https://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/peep_show/index.jhtml

Last edited:

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Only 2 more weeks until this AAA game comes out and I lose my life for a week or two.

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    Me and my friend at school are counting down. Everytime we see each other in class or anywhere at any time, we always say the number of days left...13 days and 15 1/2 hours until I get English Kingdom Hearts II (has Japanese version [getting English version right after school])

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • 12 days, 5 hours, 29 mins.
    There. XD

I can't wait till KH2 comes out, I've been waiting so long and now it's so close to being out. I've tried so hard to hold back on stuff happening in the game because I want to find out for myself. And now it's soooooooooooooo close to being out. I can't wait for it.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • I'm only gonna pre-order it if I get a poster or something free with it...regardless I am getting the second it comes out. Long ago I heard about the Trinity Compilation of all the games in one set...that would be sweet...since I don't actually own Kindgom Hearts 1 and I sold my Chain of Memories...

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    I don't have a ps2 but I've played the first one before.It rocks!I hope I eventually get to play this one.The only KH game I have is Chain of Memories, bit it's still cool.I even just got the 2-disc soundtrack from the first one!

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Ah, I'm looking foward to the game...once I get (and finish) the original Kingdom Hearts. -blush-

At first, when it just came out, I thought the idea was stupid. Who wants to play a Disney Game? For many years I thought that (okay, not many. But you get what I mean) and when I finally played it at my friend's house...I'm hooked! I made my dad order it, and thus I shall play it. When I'm done, I'll probably get the sequal when the third (if there is any) comes out (Or maybe I'll get it when it comes out, beat KH1 and go straight to it. Therefore, no wait!). (Knowing how Final Fantasy turned out, I highly doubt they'd stop at two, or three for that matter.)

And another reason I'll get it is because this one has some of the best Disney movies! Lion King and Pirates of the Caribbean, for example!

Last edited:

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
  • Trinity Masterpiece is just the complete set of the Kingdom Hearts series (KH, KH: CoM, KH2).

All for one console? Or is it just a bundle of all the games for the original consoles??

Me and my friend at school are counting down. Everytime we see each other in class or anywhere at any time, we always say the number of days left...13 days and 15 1/2 hours until I get English Kingdom Hearts II

I thought I was the onli one:P

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • Really? I always though it was for the DS...-hits self- stupid me. It seemed like a DS game...

Ah well, now I'm peeved at myself, but not spending my money on something that I already have (the original Kingdome Hearts)...

Sigh...Happy First day of Sping! That just makes me happy, knowing that so many good games are going to come out this year...^.^ (KH2, and Twilight Princess. But they held that back to September or something...boo!)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Wolf_Goddess said:
    Really? I always though it was for the DS...-hits self- stupid me. It seemed like a DS game...

Ah well, now I'm peeved at myself, but not spending my money on something that I already have (the original Kingdome Hearts)...
    If you think KH: CoM is just KH on the GBA then no, it's a whole other game. KH: CoM does have KH levels but the story line is further into the KH series. It links KH with KH2 (you'll understand KH2 more if you played KH: CoM).

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    O.o "Understand more"? You need CoM to understand it all. Without it, you'll be all "What? Who the hell is that? Organization? Namine? What does 'Thank Namine' mean?" (you'll know what I'm talking about, when I said 'Thank Namine' in the beginning, as soon as you start with Sora)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    It's less than a week now before it comes out... I've waited so long for this game! XD I became obsessed with the first one the moment I saw a commercial for it, and I've been a huge fan ever since. I've beaten it, as well as CoM, so I'm ready now! I've already got myself a copy reserved.

Anyway, I'm kind of curious to see how the characters' English voices will sound like. I'm not exactly ecstatic about Jesse McCartney voicing Roxas (He's a pop singer. T_T I just don't see it fitting well...) but I still won't complain, especially as long as Naminé, etc. don't sound too valley-girl-ish.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Yes, more. Because if it was a "have to get" they would have called it KH2, and made KH2, KH3. CoM links KH with KH2.
    But Square isn't exactly the smartest company when dealing with sequels... *thinks back to FFX-2*

Then again, the game starts off with numerous flashbacks to both games, so you're probably right. Personally, if KH's original corny humor and Disney's fantasy feel is still intact, I don't know if a poor transition between the games could hinder KH2's success.

And we've just got a couple days until it comes out! *dies of anticipation*

Back