• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knights of Hyrule

Years
Username/Nickname: Critital
Why do you like Zelda? Awesome dungeons and puzzle solving elements, cool items and boss fights and Link's hat
Which Zelda games have you played? Every 3d Zelda game The Legend of Zelda (NES) Adventures of Link Minish Cap Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Can't decide.
Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Beating Majora's Mask with regular Link.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think it's probably the fact that you don't get any items for the most part. That and how you have to go back loads every single time you get caught just makes it so repetitive. It's the later game that I really enjoy the most though, although it's been much too long for me to really give any specific points. Which is one of the reasons I want to play it so much again!

All of the above can be said for Twilight Princess though, so ugh now I'm stuck. And I still have two Pokémon games to be getting through too. ¬¬

I agree with you 100%, seeing as I just finished a play-through of Wind Waker like 3 months ago =P But once you're out of Forsaken Fortress the story picks up pretty fast and it's all good from there. I just hate the majority of the sailing required (Ballad of Gales heck yes =3)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It's the same with Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. Waheeey too much traveling, I never seen the strong necessity to move around so much in the ship or train.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Oh it's not really the amount of travelling that bothers me, I actually love the exploration and the little islands you find along the way. It's just how limited it can be sometimes; there are so many islands you can't interact with until late-game and that annoys me a little bit I guess.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, in PH and ST, I do agree, its kinda annoying how you have to travel back to the same temple a few times. :x
It...gets kinda repetitive.

And those phantoms; on how they can one hit kill you; its insanity. @.@

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I liked the exploration too, it's just not executed well enough, as you say RL, it's not really practical. At any rate, Phantom Hourglass was extremely aggravating for the sole reason that you had to keep going back to the temple, I actually quite liked how it was done in ST, ST was superior though in all honesty. The travelling wasn't quite as annoying. And noooow, I think I want to go play ST all over again, thanks guys!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ugh Phantom Hourglass is one Zelda game I can't say I ever really took to that much in all honesty. The boating just seemed to me to be a half-arsed attempt at Wind Waker and yeah we all know how frustrating that temple was to have to go over and over and over again. Especially since it sort of reminded me of the Forsaken Fortress in WW which I couldn't stand, with how you have to avoid being seen and etc. It got nicer once you were able to deal with Phantoms more easily though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I actually like the bit with the Forsaken Temple; even though I'm not a fan of those parts of Zelda on where you "can't be seen" it does really give off a dark atmosphere towards it. ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The only real game that I liked that had the "YOU MUST NOT BE SEEN BY THE GUARDS" thing, was OoT, but I liked some parts of the temple in PH. I do like how in TP there isn't much of that (if any), and as it should be. I really cannot wait for Skyward Sword actually. But I'm playing through TP, and I really dislike the City in the Sky, I was pumped to see it, and then it was all... 0_o. I was disappoint. Personally love TP though, I like being older Link, and I like the updated graphics. But man, SS, so incredibly pumped for its release.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Ugh Phantom Hourglass is one Zelda game I can't say I ever really took to that much in all honesty. The boating just seemed to me to be a half-arsed attempt at Wind Waker and yeah we all know how frustrating that temple was to have to go over and over and over again. Especially since it sort of reminded me of the Forsaken Fortress in WW which I couldn't stand, with how you have to avoid being seen and etc. It got nicer once you were able to deal with Phantoms more easily though.

I have to agree with you there. I could never get into Phantom Hourglass because it felt like a not as fun version of Wind Waker. I always intend to go back and play it but I can never motivate myself to go back and give it another try. And then Phantoms bothered me to no end X___X

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Huh. For me, I really liked Phantom Hourglass, repeating dungeon and all, the first few times I played it. But then I played Spirit Tracks, and PH just got really really boring. :/ Maybe a part of it is the fact that you can control Phantom!Zelda, where in PH all phantoms are out to get you. :\

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I just got OoT 3Ds (which Im past the deku tree this time xD)
I had to beg my mom cause I never really played Phantom Hourglass (I didnt get that far, at all. either) But Wind waker was awesome, so was TP. I cant wait till SS. And I wonder how Zelda HD will turn out. Will we get a new Zelda 3Ds along the way too?

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I actually reserved SS a few weeks ago and after seeing the new trailer from Comic-Con I am definitely more excited for it then I was before.

Zelda HD from E3 is probably nothing more than a tech demo unfortunately, so I wouldn't expect a true Zelda HD till next year or even the following year. I could be wrong and Nintendo could make it a launch title for the Wii U though. But I am not betting on it.

As far as a Zelda 3DS, I expect Nintendo will make at least 1 or 2 original Zelda titles for the system. And I am going throw a guess out and say 1 of them will be cell-shaded like Windwaker. But that is just based on the fact that PH and Spirit Tracks were DS titles that happened to be WW sequels. While Nintendo is doing remakes, I'd like to see a LTTP remake. I don't know why, but I'd love to see one. Might actually make me buy a 3DS.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah, for now, the only reason I'm going to go out and spend a great deal of cash on a 3DS is if Nintendo end up making some more original games on it. I can't really afford to shell out a good whack of cash on a new 3DS system to play a slightly updated version of OoT. Normally I would be excited about a release like that. But the graphics aren't enough of an update for me to spend that much money. Besides, it would be playing OoT on a smaller screen (I'd never use the 3D, never liked it). I'm sounding so negative here, but unless they made some original games on the 3DS or remade something like Link's Awakening, then I'd buy it. But until then, I can't afford one haha.

But I agree with LTTP, I'd like to see it on 3DS also. That would actually have graphical update worth paying for. But yeah, so looking forward to SS, it couldn't come soon enough. TP was amazing for me, I loved it, but I hope SS increases the difficulty a bit.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I actually need to start playing OoT again. :x

From what I can see, I never played Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64 so the 3DS port is pretty much a nice option for me. I like how all your items and map are on the other screen instead of having to pause though, which is a nice feature. :)

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
OH. MY. GAWD. I have been on a Zelda BINGE this past week. Soooo glad to come back from my break to find this wonderful piece of heaven ;;

1. Username/Nickname Stand Alone, but I don't mind what you call me so long as it has SOME semblance or relativity to the username =b
  2. Why do you like Zelda? Zelda has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. The original for the original Nintendo was the first game I ever played. It's just utterly captivating with the puzzles and art and music and just overall fantastic plot(s).
  3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Twilight Princess is by far my favorite. I love the original, love OoT and MM, but TP has always held my interest most of any Zelda game, perhaps due to the darker, more emotional plot it seems to have. That and the Ganondorf fights are complete and utter win
  4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Midna. Midna Midna Midna. She started out as a cruel, demanding little imp, but she grew so fast on me just because she shows so much concern and tenderness toward not just Link, but the people of both her realm as well as Link and Zelda's. And she's just... believable. She's flawed, her reasons aren't always the best for doing the right thing... she feels genuine emotions so strongly and they come out so easily and wonderfully.... I just love her for it :'D
  5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Uhm... I just recently did a speed run through OoT and got 100% in under 48 hours. That was... intense. Also, I will gladly admit that at the end of TP, I teared up the first time seeing it. That's just how awed I was by it.

I think what I'm looking forward to the most about Skyward Sword is just learning so much about the origins of sooo many things in the series. Trailers and released info have already said that this game focuses on the creation of the Master Sword, and there are various goodies that have been noticed here and there. Also, the graphics. I'm in love with them. The cell shading from WW combined with character designs similar to TP just looks like a moving water painting to me. It's so rich and beautiful.

As for an HD Zelda game, I honestly expect it to look very veryyyy similar to what we got to see at E3. And I don't want it to change very much. I've always loved that more realistic art style for Zelda Gee, I wonder why?, and seeing that sort of style running in the beauty of full HD? I must admit, I figuratively drool at the idea.

Majora's Mask remake for 3DS would be nice to see, and isn't out of the question from what I've read... so long as there's enough of a community demand for it. I would love that, too. MM had such amazing cinematics involving the Moon and whatnot... it'd be wonderful having those in 3D. And, admittedly, I'd like to play the game on a current gen. system and it NOT lag every time you destroy a bush or fight some moths like the Gamecube Collector's Anni. port of it.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
Years
Oh goodness. I'm hoping this club is still accepting new members. I'm addicted to Legend of Zelda.

1. Username/Nickname? Sarah

2.Why do you like Zelda? The Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Seasons was the first game I ever bought with my own money, and I've been in love with the franchise ever since.

3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Majora's Mask is my all time favorite. The time based gameplay is just absolutely brilliant.

4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? I'm really a fan of the Happy Mask Salesman from OoT and MM. He's definitely my favorite.

5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? It's pretty embarrassing... Basically every time I beat a Zelda game, I cry for like 15 minutes, then just start playing the whole game over again.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Username/Nickname: Lockmaster

Why do you like Zelda? The pure awesomeness of the games
, the challenge of the bosses and the puzzles and everything else.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why?
Any that i can get my hands on.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why?

This is hard. Hmmm... Link being the left handed Hero. (Also left handed)

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?
Never got to play OoT past teh water temple at least and I got the 3DS version. Beating Bongo Bongo on 1/4 of a heart seems like an awesome moment to me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
omg I love TLoZ. I want to join :o
Username/Nickname
People call me Bloo, but my name is Rod. You can call me whatever you prefer.
Why do you like Zelda? The Legend of Zelda was my first video game. I've been playing it since I was five years old, and I've loved it ever since. My first game was the Collector's Edition, which included The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. I lost it, but I'm planning on buying it again because it was so amazing. Right now I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS. I'm up to the Water Temple, and I love it so far. I like solving the puzzles especially.

Favourite Zelda character(s) and why? I like Saria the most. She cares for Link very much, and is always faithful in him.

I'm really excited for Skyward Sword. Also, since I'm a "3DS Ambassador", I'm going to get The Legend of Zelda for free in September. I haven't played Link's Awakening yet either, so I'll probably get it soon, either used so that I can play it on my GBA or on the eShop.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Majora's Mask remake for 3DS would be nice to see, and isn't out of the question from what I've read... so long as there's enough of a community demand for it. I would love that, too. MM had such amazing cinematics involving the Moon and whatnot... it'd be wonderful having those in 3D. And, admittedly, I'd like to play the game on a current gen. system and it NOT lag every time you destroy a bush or fight some moths like the Gamecube Collector's Anni. port of it.

I actually never played Majora's Mask so I would defintely pick up a remake for the 3DS should they make one. It's been rumored Nintendo is considering it too, which would likely draw in the more hardcore gamers to the handheld. With the price drop in addition, I am findin harder and harder to stop myself from buying one X___X.

And amen to an increase on difficulty for Skyward Sword. Windwaker and Twilight Princess were a bit too easy for me. Too easy to the point I memorized most of the dungeons. Except for that damn Water Temple. Why is the Water Temple always the hardest dungeon?

Back