• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knights of Hyrule

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Looks like a skinned Cucco to me... x_o;

The more TP impressions I read, the more I say that I HAVE to get a Wii and TP at launch. 50-70 hours? Harder than OoT and MM? Darker story? Yup, definitely making a special trip to get a Wii on the 19th. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
...and the {I wanted a Zelda based line similar to "icing on the cake", but I couldn't think of one. So, put one here, if you have any ideas. XD}?

BS Zelda lives!

GamePro: What sorts of online features are you looking forward to in the future?
Harrison: Downloadable content, such as additional levels.

Yahoo! TP shall never end!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I posted about this in the NFC too, but meh... XD

Apparently the latest minigame in TP is...

Sumo wrestling.

Yup...Link has to sumo wrestle with someone. And I don't want to be around when the fangirls find out about it... XD

Second dungeon impressions are up...not gonna spoil anything here, but it sounds frickin awesome. Read the preview if you want to hear about it. XD

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155134

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
...No one has made a post in here since Twilight Princess came out? Gah! Injustice.

Okay. *thinks* What could be on my mind? *thinks*

Well, before we get into story and timeline stuff (Imprisoning War and Ganon being the big two for me) what did everyone think of the game?

I'm enjoying a lot more now then I did before. It is a sin to play this game without component cables. I've switched back and forth a few times and just...ew. It makes a huge difference. Everything is so murky without them.

Control wise, I'm content. Buttons have been reassigned to movement. But, I'm alright with that as it was a port. For the true Zelda Wii, I want true 1:1 control.

I like the story. I did not at first. But it works well on it's own and expands the holes that we already had in the timeline. I'm not sure why it ticked me off so much before because MM didn't have to do with anything (well...aside from the ToC seperating from Link and Ganondorf rising to power again. Other than that important stuff).

I didn't like the map at first, and then I thought about it. ... OoT's isn't vast and open either. You have the main field, that's it. Death Mountain, Gerudo Valley, Zora's Domain - the rest of it as maze.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of a bestiary, trading sequence, and overall lack of Zeldaness. It just does not feel like Zelda to me. Majora's Mask is still the crowning achievment for 3D Zeldas. And OoT is the posterboy.

For the next Zelda Wii title, I want:

1:1 Control
Open-ended world
Orchestrated music (that is still able to loop!)
Some questions answers
More questions to ask
Tragic ending.
A different villian.
More races
Better graphics (I want blades of grass. I want my boot to sink into it. No more blurry grass textures.)
Zelda has to be important. No damsel in distress. No appear three times and she's gone. I want her to have a large and important role.
More towns. For crying out loud AoL had more towns than any of the 3D games!
Voice acting. Kind of. I like how Midna is. You get emotion that way. Why risk having bad voice-acting? Just use stuff that people won't understand. Make everyone be like Midna or create a spoken version of Hylian.
I want useful items. Every item must be used at least once in every dungeon.

Years
...No one has made a post in here since Twilight Princess came out? Gah! Injustice.

1:1 Control

Woo.

Open-ended world

that would be awesome
Orchestrated music (that is still able to loop!)

YES!

Some questions answers

Not much to say, speaks for itself

More questions to ask

Can't say much about that

Tragic ending.

TP's ending was good though, and the final battle <3

A different villian.

Well it was a different villan for most of the game, then at the end it changed
More races

Yeah, was nice to see the Zora and Gorons back though

Better graphics (I want blades of grass. I want my boot to sink into it. No more blurry grass textures.)

I also want a better looking desert next time around, cause god the Gerudo Desert was ugly

Zelda has to be important. No damsel in distress. No appear three times and she's gone. I want her to have a large and important role.

Well she kinda died (well, thats what I think happened) half way through TP, so its kinda hard to say that she could appear. Although she was kinda forgotten, it is the legend of ZELDA, not the Legend of a damsel in distress.

More towns. For crying out loud AoL had more towns than any of the 3D games!

Yeah, theres Kakariko, that random village (where you get that book), Hyrule Castle Town and Ordon, which really isn't much at all.

Voice acting. Kind of. I like how Midna is. You get emotion that way. Why risk having bad voice-acting? Just use stuff that people won't understand. Make everyone be like Midna or create a spoken version of Hylian.

Or, just find good voice actors.

I want useful items. Every item must be used at least once in every dungeon.

Yeah, cause the stuff you get early in the game (minus the bow) gets kinda forgotten, except the use of the gale boomerang in hyrule castle
*coughdominionrodwasuselesscough*

I thought the one month revival rule counted for this forum as well o.o anyway.

my answers in bold :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Hmmm....I don't know. I hope not mostly because I've been abusing that rule and that would mean Andy's Ninendo Club is the only thread you can post in. But, I'll ask.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
o_o OOoh~ I recently got The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker and I absolutely love it! X3 It's so fun! :3 I just got to the second Island~ -3- I have to climb up to talk to the Deku-people ._. but the Orktorks (sp? .. you know.. the spitty-octopus thingies) freak me out ;_; I'm scare they're gonna hit me and knock me off and then I'll get sucked up by a cyclone ;__;..

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
They're Koroks and they're the descendants of the Kokiri, not the Deku.

Octoroks aren't that bad. Once you get your Boomerang or some Bombs, you're good. The Peahats are annoying. If the Octoroks are bothersome now, just wait till you encounter the big ones that trap you in a whirlpool.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
They're Koroks and they're the descendants of the Kokiri, not the Deku.

Octoroks aren't that bad. Once you get your Boomerang or some Bombs, you're good. The Peahats are annoying. If the Octoroks are bothersome now, just wait till you encounter the big ones that trap you in a whirlpool.

o_o Wait.. are octroks the same things that I'm thinking of? @@; You know.. the purple things that shoot nuts at you?

o____o; There's GIANT ones?!!~~ o______o Oh GODS! I hope I never see one!!!! ;_____;..

And I'm at the start of the second dungeon now~ -3- It's where I left off when I last borrowed TP from Heather <3~
:3 Now it's a new adventure! YAY!~

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link's time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. Link and Zelda left him be and he then did something outrageous, so it was decided that he should be executed. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

Now we're getting somewhere. Eiji Aonuma basically confirms his earlier statement made during TWW's release of: "There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place 100 years after the ending in which Link was an adult."

I was hoping that that last quote was just misinterpreted or something. But, looks like I was wrong. I'm going to have to change a lot of my theories. Discuss!

Years
Maybe I'm not thinking strait, but...there's no Link left in the adult world in OoT, is there? If so, does that mean that each Link isn't a descendant of another Link? Or was this something that was already obvious? XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not every Link is part of the bloodline. In TWW (which is part of the adult timeline) it is specifically mentioned that Link is not related by blood to the Hero of Time.

Yeah, that does cause a problem though doesn't it? If Link went back, then he grew up again. Ganon is having his revenge on his decendeants, but in the child timeline (despite saying it in the adult half). ALttP's is a descendant and possibly TP's (if the Hero's Shade is OoT Link). The adult timeline seems useless at the moment because no other games reference the flood. Well...Oracle of Ages does if you take it as neighbouring Hyrule, like I do, and no another world like Termina.

Shall have to think about this.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
If this is a Zelda club, I would like to be a part of it. I've played every game, except that God awful Wand Of Gamelot, & Zelda's Adventure. I am a HUGE Zelda (& Luigi) fan.

And it seems that all Links are connected through the power of the Triforce, or something like that-despite each version not exatcly following up on previous versions.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I just saw you in the freaky scene thread.

Umm...Its Wand of Gamelon. And there's a third Zelda CD-i game you missed: Faces of Evil.

And, welcome!

Back