• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kris or Soul?

Kris or Soul?

• Kris

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Soul

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Both

Votes: 30 29.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Kris and no one else.

soul looks like a cowgirl and not like a trainer ~.~

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Kris and no one else.

soul looks like a cowgirl and not like a trainer ~.~
    Well... A cowgirl is a trainer XD...

I guess that there are actually people born in the Pokémon universe that are Cowgirls... And Soul happens to be one of them. Johto and Sinnoh both have a lot of farms, so it makes sense. Atleast we should be happy they didn't give Dawn farmin' clothes in Platinum ^_^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I know I'm gonna take a hit in reputation for this, but here's the God's-honest truth about the issue...

Despite them both being ten, Kris is clearly more well-developed and sexier than Soul. People favor Kris because she has boobies. >_>

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Where can I find picture of them?

Here you are, for all your comparison needs...on the left is Kris's official artwork from Crystal and on the right is Soul's official artwork from HGSS
    Kris or Soul?
    Kris or Soul?

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Soul, on the other hand, dressed the worst out of all the female playable characters in my opinion. Just look at her, she's the female teen version of Mario. She also kinda look like a Kingdom Hearts character.

There's nothing wrong with Kingdom Hearts. D:<

However, I prefer Kris' official artwork to Soul's, but I prefer Soul's sprite- though my opinion may be altered if I were to see what a 4th gen Kris sprite would look like. Because Soul's is very cute. ;w;

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I have no problem admitting that I much prefer Soul, she's just a breath of fresh air and makes the game all that more exciting and new. Something about kris always seemed off to me, like she didn't really match gold or her position as heroine, like her outfit having too many colours...

Years
  • I'm guessing all you Kris fans hate my avatar, don't you? Why do all of you hate this new girl? Is it because she's not your favorite character, Kris? Pretend Kris never existed, would you still hate this new character? Hating someone for not looking the way you want them to look is a little ridiculous, don't you think? This new girl actually looks age appropriate. I honestly don't think they made her look like Mario on purpose. Her shirt was made red to match Gold's. They were probably thinking of just giving her shorts, but the shirt looked a little plain, so they made the shorts into overalls. In wifi plaza, the boy and girl trainers wear overalls and it looks cute on them. Okay, so the artwork isn't perfect. Sometimes the artwork looks gorgeous and the sprite looks awful. We know the hat isn't that big on her overworld sprite. If we're going to make a good decision, I think we should wait until we see the back sprite and the battle sprite.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Soul and Kris are even with me. I still don't see anything special about Soul, but I've never liked Kris because of how serious she is in the manga. There should be a neither option up there, becaues I don't care for either. I'll probably end up playing as Gold anyway.

But if I have to pick, I do love my nostalgia, so Kris gets my vote here.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Dawn? You sure you don't mean May? I'd say Dawn is the complete opposite of a tomboy lol.

As for the poll, I like both... No preference at the moment.
    Oops! XD You're right I mistyped that. XB

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    Well I thought Kris was pretty cool, but iunno.
    i dont really prefer one over another. i would be happy to play as either, although Soul looks rather interesting as a sprite, even though her artwork isnt too great.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Soul. Even if her outfit looks like Mario's, she's still cute. And I don't understand the Soul hate. It takes so much less energy to calmly dislike the design of Soul while still preferring Kris than to go on a hating spree.

But I don't know. I never got as attached to Kris as some did, apparently. And I really do doubt that Game Freak has abandoned Kris like some think they have. :/

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Kris and Soul are pretty much even with me. I love Kris because of nostalgia, and Soul's sprite really doesn't look that bad. (despite the horrible artwork) I really didn't like Soul at the beginning, but she's grown on me a little bit.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    .Nostalgia, Smishtalgia. Yeah, I know that you grew up playing as Kris in the originals, but things change people! Soul is a breathe of fresh air for the pokemon games because she modernizes the female player. Kris on the other hand was just another trainer you could choose who had strange bluish hair and an ugly outfit. I really think that Soul will give some "soul" for the new games.

Years
  • .Nostalgia, Smishtalgia. Yeah, I know that you grew up playing as Kris in the originals, but things change people! Soul is a breathe of fresh air for the pokemon games because she modernizes the female player. Kris on the other hand was just another trainer you could choose who had strange bluish hair and an ugly outfit. I really think that Soul will give some "soul" for the new games.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're AWESOME!!! :D I really mean it. I gave you good rep for your post.

Out of all the female characters, Kris was the one I liked least. Honestly, if you Kris fans don't like the new girl, either don't play as her or don't buy the game, and give up Pokemon. I have a headache because of you Kris fans, so thanks. I'm trying to understand how you people think the new girl is ugly. Picture the girl from the Pokemon Sunday show wearing Soul's outfit and wearing pigtails. That's how it would look. I don't see the socks as real socks, I see them more as knee highs with the same texture as stockings/tights. Besides, I thought people actually LIKED Mario. I also picture this new character in a game such as SSMB.

Back