• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove Style and Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
  • Dude...you should be paid or something for this...it's just godlike :D. Amazing artwork, I really wouldn't be surprised if nintendo hired you, your work is even better than theirs. Hope this pays off to you somehow. Just excellent! Keep up the awsome work!

I'm agree with Luka, you pwn Nintendo easily. Really beautiful sprites, I LOVE the color of the grass, that tone of green is beautiful.
    I agree that this is godlike...

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2017
    Might as well try my luck again...

Could anyone tell meh how I can use these awesome tiles on my FR =S

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Might as well try my luck again...

Could anyone tell meh how I can use these awesome tiles on my FR =S

dont keep banging on about it. someone would get to your post eventually. but that post is better off in the simple questions and answers thread in the ROM hacking subforum. anyway, search the forums for tile inserting tutorials.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Alright thanks everyone!

I made about 3 new buildings today, but not revealing them yet as the maps aren't complete.
    Here's all my progress on Hoenn so far! Enjoy.

Kyledove Style and Pixels

Oh and thanks for all the help with the shadows and lighting haha, rookie error there but ah well :P

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years

• Woah! That's beautiful. I'm enjoying the new, brighter look. Great work once again, seriously, why aren't you working for Nintendo!?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I think its great tiles. And as always their tiles are great!!
    I wait for updates.​

Bye​

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    check out my pixel thread (pinkpanthers pixel art)

It's generally common courtesy not to advertise your thread in someone else's. ;<

Anyway, I have no idea how any of this works kyledove, but this stuff looks seriously awesome. oAo
    Wish I could do this kinda stuff. ;>
    It looks excellent- I only wish I could help with some constructive criticism or something, but alas, this is not my area of expertise. ;w;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Woah i love those littleroot town houses and the lab looks great!

Years
  • Kool Maps and omg i wish i had some way to insert those tiles...
    *Faints outta Astonishment*

Kool Maps and omg i wish i had some way to insert those tiles...
    *Faints outta Astonishment*

Last edited:

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
    Years
  • Lookin' great there Kyledove. I don't really have any complaints, but:

In New Bark Town, those poles beside the buildings need a little darker shading. Also, I suggest you could make the bottom round instead of square. I don't know, you decide.

Awesome work once again, to be honest you have inspired me to start tile-spriting! Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well done, the maps are amazing, like the o/w sprites. The grass of the revamped Hoenn is.. spiky, and a little boring when you look it... good job though. Keep making projects like this!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Great to see you working on some more great tiles, but I have to complain. I liked your old transition between the grass and the dirt path. It looked cooler. I've compiled it into an autotile and posted it in the attachment below. Don't want people to forget those ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The tiles look gorgeous. The only problem I have is that the trees aren't overlapping each other in the HG/SS map, and that the windmills look iffy. I never understood why they had to face THAT angle.
    The sprites are amazingly converted into D/P/P style as well, albeit that some of the sprites look too pudgy(the team aqua commander sprite for example.)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Well, Since Hayao Miyazaki Is Already My God.... YOU ARE BUDDHA!

~Blake

Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    Hello kyledove am a big fan of yours and your tiles
    ==================================
    that some good might use for my hack, cool

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back