• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyogre vs. Groudon

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Personal Choice Would Be Kyogre, Theres Something About him That Just Beats Groudon To The Ground (See The Pun XD). But In Reality I Have Never Really Seen 2 Legendary Pokemon With Such An Even Attack List. They Both Could KO Eachother

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'll say Kyogre
    Kyogre beats Groudon, you all know that. for those who say Groudon will beat kyogre are just are having sympathy for Groudon.

Years
    Say both pokemon were at an even level, and Groudon DID know solarbeam.. I think Groudon would have a good chance of winning. I know the type disadvantage would effect the outcome of the battle.. But in my own experience, my Groudon seems stronger than my Kyogre. But if I put them against each other.. I'd say it's undecided until someone puts them against each other =)=)

That made no sense! :)

Team-Aqua

DEDEDEJr
    Years
    What, are we all crazy? Back to basics people! Kyogre would win, he's a water type! PLus, on a more technical side, Kyogre's Special Attack stats are higher than Groudon's! Team Aqua Rules!

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    Kyogre would win, elemental advantage obviously. Plus I think Kyogre is the better of the two.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
    i choose kyogre, but heres a comparison MX=maxed out(perfect)( groundons best move is eruption(fire),kyogre's is waterspout(water) they are kinduf the same besides name and type)

---------------------- good stats------- bad stats----------best move bones
    Kyogre: sp.atk (MX),speed,----atk hp, def, sp.def ---x2.25 (ability and type)

Groundon: ATK(MX) besides hp the rest------hp-------------------------x1.5 (ability alone)
    re just good(not great)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Well in a battle if you have groudon on the that knows thunder and your opponent switchs to kyorge,providing Groudon has good EV's he would due to drizzle giving thunder 100% accurecy(sorry for spellin)

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    As for the Groudon pwning Kyogre with Solarbeam, I LOL at that. Groudon's Sp.Atk sucks, making Earthquake more effective against Kyogre. Not only is Kyogre's base Sp.Defense 60 better than its defense but Groudon has a 50 better base Attack. Kyogre and Groudon also have the same base Speed stat, which means it's possible for Groudon to outspeed Kyogre.

Groudon's Sp. Atk is higher then Kyogre's Sp. Def. Plus, if Groudon knows Thunderbolt on top of it all, it's over for Kyogre. Plain and simple.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2007
    I don't really like either of them (despite how powerful they are).... I actually traded my groudon for my brothers Latias. He got Groudon and Kyogre, I got Latios and Latias.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    *·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦*·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-: ¦
    Kyogre's awesome water attacks rox. But Groundon won the elite four by itself for me.. So did Kyogre..this is a hard desicion so Kyogre!

hhsimpsonqueen

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    actually, I've seen several posts about Groudon winning Kyogre because of it being able to learn Solarbeam or a Thunderbolt in the #52 post of this thread. But so what?? Groudon can learn attacks to counter Kyogre, but I want to stress that Kyogre by itself is already elementally stronger than Groudon.. Kyogre doesn't need to deliberately learn attacks of another type to counter Groudon.

Are you guys saying that a Venusaur is stronger than a Charizard if Venusaur can learn water attacks? hmmms.

So my point is, you can't claim that Groudon would win, just because it can learn Solarbeam or Thunderbolt or any other attacks that could counter Kyogre. Kyogre's attacks can counter very well against Groudon as well.. ><;;

Back