• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lance vs. Drake

Drake vs. Lance who would win?

• Lance

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Drake

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
Years
  • If Lance from the kanto elite four and drake from the hoen elite four fought who do you think would win.
    Even though I like Lance better my money's on Drake because he actually has an all dragon team.:classic:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Although my money shall always be on Lance, this all depends... are we talking about Lance's Rematch Post HGSS team?:
    Spoiler:

On the other hand, we have Drake, who has:
    Flygon(x2), Altaria, Shelgon, & Salamence

All around powerhouses, and while this is a full dragon team, that doesn't mean Lance ought to be inferior for having dragon-like Pokemon in his team. Obviously both men are highly, highly skilled trainers. Dragon masters have to be, after all.

Either way, my money's on Lance. Although this is a bit of a... well... fangirl preference. *neck rub* But he still has psuedo-legendaries, like Drake, and a slightly varied type-set (fire/flying, water/flying). Both teams are weak to each other's attacks, so I guess we could call this a battle of skills and...

Oh by Arceus, I'm rambling. I'm rooting for Lance. There, end of story. >I

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    To me he clearly the best Drake team completely put better than that of Lance.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If Lance's Gyarados has Ice Fang and Dragon Dance and he can get a DD in before Gyarados goes down, he wins. Flygon and Salamence both have access to electric attacks (ThunderPunch and Thunder Fang, respectively) in Gen IV, so that could be the deal breaker.

If Gyarados goes down quick, it's pretty neck and neck. Still, I'd put my money on Lance because Gyarados has the ability to sweep Drake (except for Kingdra in Emerald, and Lance has five other Pokemon to take care of Kingdra) and only Drake's Flygon and Salamence can potentially OHKO Gyarados before it uses DD and sweeps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Drake is Captain Birdseye, he wins by default due to epic.

Realistically, I think... Drake, still; he's older and more virtuous.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Lance, all the way. Pretty much what DGexe said, and the HGSS remake has him on the top spot for me. So he's got my money. xD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think it completely depends on the circumstances. For example if it was an anime style battle - that's to say a battle that would be shown in the TV show - then I really have no idea as to who might win. Maybe Lance because he has more of a bond with his Pokemon - at least to me when I saw him in the anime. In the games - it all depends on the individual stats of the Pokemon and who uses the better strategy.

Personally, I prefer Lance and would always want him to win.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hmm, that's a tough question. I like both of them, but at the top of each of their respective games Lance is just plain stronger. Plus he has, y'know, Gameshark and all that. As cool as Drake is, though, Lance has that awesome cape as well so I gotta go with him.

Just be thankful they haven't teamed up to try to take over the world or something.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Lance. He has a cape, so he automatically wins.

Kidding. Anyway, Drake never really left an impression on me, but Lance actually had that little part in the G/S/C storyline when he was investigating Team Rocket and the Red Gyarados. I don't know. Neither of them are my favorite Elite Four/Champion members, but I prefer Lance.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Drake is pretty lame. Lance in GSC has a really badass team with 3 nites. And Drake has fugly Shelgon. My choice is clear.

Years
  • Lance is a joke as a Dragon trainer. In fact, he uses a lot more Flying Pokemon than Dragon's, especially when counting the Dragonairs from his Kanto team as Flying since they evolve into a Flying type. Actually the only non-Fyling Pokemon he uses would be Kingdra I think.

So, I think it's a poor comparison, since while Drake is a real Dragon trainer, Lance is more of a poser who does in fact use another, seemingly less cool type than he claims to use. Therefore, I'd say Drake is better.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • My money is on Drake but I am a Salamance fan I think it is fast enough to OHKO Lances Gyarados and sweep the rest fairly easy but Dragon masters should fight each other they should unite and rule the world :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If Lance and Drake battle like they do in pokemon special manga, Lance wins hands down for his style (red,blue and green bubbles=invisible=win!!), and Silver would help him out.

Also, i'm voting for Lance out of epicness anyway

Ayselipera

Drake is older and therefore is probably more experienced. Also I just feel like Drake's Salamence could defeat Lance's Dragonite. I don't like one more then the other so I'm just basing this off of a guess.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Well, Lance doesn't have 100% Dragon types, there's his advantage. All of Drakes pokemon are weak to Lances, but not all of Lances are weak to Drakes.

Plus, I like Lance more.

Back