• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Language?

What language will you get?

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • It'd be cool to play a Japanese version of the game, but I just couldn't afford it.

That being said, I'll probably have the crawl my way into a pool of money before buying a DS and the English version. D:

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
  • Im gonna get both, Heart Gold in Japanese and Soul Silver in the upcoming American Version, personally Im gonna trade my Ho-oh over to my Soul Silver.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • I might import, but I'll probably end up waiting this one out. There's always the possibility that it will come out earlier than we expect it to, so I'll just have to spend my time playing other games and being patient.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I'll probably be getting both myself, although it's only due to the fact that I literally couldn't will myself to wait long enough for it to come out in America.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I might try to get the Japanese version before the english just to see what it's like, I've always wanted to do that.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Both.

With Platinum, I'm happily content with just having the Japanese Version.

But this is SECOND GENERATION REMAKES we're talking about here.

I'm Getting Both Heart Gold and Soul Silver, in both Japanese and English.

Because I'm the biggest GSC fan EVER!!!

[GSC-rant]I imported a Japanese Crystal a few weeks ago, for Chirst's Sake! And I'm still trying to get ahold of Japanese Gold and Silver Versions, and an English Gold, and mabye Stadium GS, The Japanese Version of Stadium 2, which I still play religiously. I battled someone on it on Friday! That's TWO DAYS AGO![/GSC-rant]

Years
  • Me and my sister will most likely do what we did with DP.
    Get her version in Japanese and share it. I like to loli-gag so being able to experience more means understanding it, but I'm still impatient. I want to see the new features and get used to it.
    Even if it is in Japanese, it's not THAT hard to figure out what to do.

Then when the English comes out I'll get my version. She usually gets her version as well and we use the Japanese one as storage, buffer, or anything else.

btw
    Her versions (Red, Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, Emerald, Diamond, and now Soul Silver)
    My versions (Blue, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum and now Heart Gold)

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I'm gonna wait. It will probably come out in Japan sometime in either October or November, and in America around march.

Years
  • Spending extra money to import a game in a language I don't understand just because of impatience never made sense to me.

Me neither. Plus I have to save up enough money to get a DS as well as the game anyway, so I don't mind the wait as it gives me more time to do that. ;)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I always wait for the localized versions of Pokemon when I buy the games. I might download the Japanese version and play for half an hour or so but my Japanese isn't strong enough to enjoy the game properly and I'd rather not "spoil" the game for myself until I can sit down and understand it 100%.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I will download the Japanese Version emulution and Put it on my R4.
    And then wait For the English so Probebly Both.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'll definitely be waiting for the English version to come out like I usually do. I wouldn't bother getting the Jap. version, because one I don't know how to read Japanese all too well, and because of that I wouldn't want to ruin any spoilers for myself.

Years
  • This thread is probably more for the American members but I guess it's still ok if I post.

Well seeing that it'll take longer to come to Europe and that here in Switzerland and I wouldn't be able to get it in English, I'm hoping that I'll somehow be able to get an American version.
    Not really interested in the Japanese version seeing I can't read it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As a few said, I will be waiting for the english version to come out. I have patience and I waited for Pokemon Platinum, so I think I could wait for this GS remake too.

Back