• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Languages

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Like a typical American, I am only fluent in English ;; I took Spanish and German in school but my skills in both have gone away :( I'm better at German by far than Spanish but still.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    I am trying to learn spanish lately to join Wachahack forum and also Japanese! But still in Basics!

Years
    I speak English fluently as it's my first language. Other than that I've been taking French in school for... 4 years. I still don't feel even close to fluency, but things are supposed to amp up over the next year and a half (I'm taking it next year) so hopefully I'll be closer. As for languages I want to learn, I have interest in Spanish, Mandarin, ASL and German, but haven't made any steps yet to begin learning them.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I'm quite fluent en espanol and perfect at English considering I'm from England. My friend is deaf so I spent a lot of the summer two years ago learning sign language which was fun.
    I'd like to learn Italian.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    Mis padres son de la Republica Dominicana, so I can hold up conversational Spanish due to learning it at the same time I learned English- being Dominican American has its perks. I'm currently learning French and would love to learn Japanese because I encounter it all the time and it would help to be able to read manga raws and watch anime as soon as it comes out.

Years
    English is my first and so far only language. I wish that was different though because I would love to be able to know Spanish.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    I speak English only, but I used to be able to speak Welsh before I moved and basically forgot all of it! But I'm somewhat able to communicate in french, which I'm taking advanced classes at my school for, and my mum speaks french so she teaches me to, I also like to read Agatha Christie books in french, it's easier to read it then to speak it though :) . I'm also learning Spanish, but I'm dropping it in September before GCSEs, and I'm starting Swedish lessons as well soon :D

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I grew up learning English and Spanish so those two are what I'm fluent in. I personally prefer speaking in English, though. As for what I'd like to learn, I'd be up for anything, tbh. I'm not too particular towards any language except I do think German and Russian sound pretty cool.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    My first language is Russian, and I had to learn Ukrainian for school. Later on, my family moved to France and I learned how to speak French.

While I was back in Ukraine, I started learning English with a tutor who gave me classes that were way more advanced than those I had in school, and after we moved I kept learning on my own by reading, watching movies and series in English etc.

So, after all this, I can say I'm completely fluent in Russian, Ukrainian and French, and while I consider myself fluent in English, I recognize my lack of practice.

I also had Spanish classes in high school, and while I thoroughly enjoyed them, I never had an opportunity to really get into it after graduating. I can still understand some Spanish, but that's it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I'm fluent in both Spanish and English - most of my family is from Mexico, and my grandma doesn't speak English (and I'm with her almost every day) so it's Spanish every day in my home. Since I live in Seattle, English is spoken everywhere, It's great to be bilingual too.... I want to start learning Finnish, so far no progress since I have no one to practice with or teach me.

Years
    I am fluent in English and of course Italian, since that's where I'm from.
    I used to know Spanish very well, but it's been years since I last spoke it with someone, so now I suck at it, but can still understand everything.
    I also studied German and Latin back in school, but eventually forgot the both of them because they bored me to death.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i've just taken spanish from 3rd grade up to 11th grade. i wouldn't wanna learn any other languages.

Years
    I'm fluent in English, moderately proficient in Spanish, and able to hold my own in a conversation with a Japanese toddler.

I don't plan on actually remembering Spanish, though. I only took it in high school as it was required to get into an in-state university.

I'm still actively learning Japanese. I've made tons of progress the past 2 years, but of course I still have much more to learn.

Years
    Only fluent in English, sadly. I've taken some French and German courses before, although I've forgotten most of what I learned from those, since those were....years ago...

I love learning new languages, so if I did have the chance to do so I'd probably jump on it. What I'd like to learn...maybe the ones listed above, along with Japanese. I feel like there was another one I'd like, but I can't remember it right now.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Ooh, language talk~

I can speak fluent English and Tagalog, since both are the official languages of my country. Although I'm really bad at the latter, like, super bad that reading a Tagalog textbook gives me a headache. But I use Tagalog in everyday conversation so err, cool?

I also can speak a little Dutch. I've started learning it around two years ago, and I'm happy to say that I'm almost getting the hang of it! :D

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    I can speak German and English fluently, then at school I'm learning French and Latin, I know a few Russian lines and I'd really like to learn Japanese later

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Tagalog is my first language, but I grew up speaking English. I'm currently teaching myself how to speak French and in the future I'd like to learn how to speak Italian and Spanish.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Hebrew as a first language, so i guess i master that.
    I am fluent in English, really i can skype with people for hours and when my family is abroad im the "translator", transferring to Hebrew anything my family can not comprehend (which is a lot). I also know French, limited spanish, limited portugese,and marocan arabic.

I wish to be fluent in French in the future, and also i love Japanese and will try to learn it in the future.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm only fluent in English, but I do know a few words and phrases in Spanish and French. I have a problem with languages sometimes, as I have to convert quickly what was said into English, then quickly convert my response from English back into the language that they were speaking.

Back