• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Free Shop] Lapis Philosophorum

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2014
    Wow. My jaw dropped when i saw all of this. The quality in all of your artwork just blows me away. I am in love with all the artwork you make. Very impressive at best ;o

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hey (again) Lilith!!
    I know ive been asking for too much lately, but id like to surprise a friend with one of your amazing avatars if possible...
    it would be this image right *here* in a standard avatar size.
    If you cant thats ok!

Noibat

Years
  • [supporter]Noibat[/supporter]
    Yus, the colors~ How's this?
    neptpurple2.png
    neptpurple.png

They're both wonderful! Thank you very much!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • No Chance Without Zekrom, [supporter]Murkmire[/supporter], and [supporter]Noibat[/supporter]
    Anytime, I'm glad you like your icons~

Shadow Sneak Sableye
    Thank you! Here's what I've done with these two:
    neptpurplegirl.png
    witchia.png

WAS
    Thanks for the comment, fellow artist! Feel free to request any icon. I don't use High Pass. I either use smart sharpen or reduce noise. I will keep an eye on the oversharpening though, thanks!

[supporter]Morning Sun Espeon [/supporter]
    Your first image doesn't seem to work, so I did the other two in the meantime.
    chou1.png
    chou2.png

choub1.png
    choub2.png

qOptic
    You're too sweet, thank you for the comment. :D

[supporter]Zorogami[/supporter]
    No problem, I'll help you out~ However, I felt that simplicity was best here.
    phoenixwright1.png

TwilightBlade

Years
  • [supporter]Miracle Seed[/supporter]
    Thanks, I can do that request for you.
    aurica.png
    aurica2.png

My favorite piece so far would be the Shadow tag. He's one of my favorite Sonic characters bias, and I wanted to do justice to the banner. I spent quite a long time just trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the background. I have one early draft version saved. Yeah, it was becoming odd-looking no matter what I did to the coloring effect. Scrap it. At this point in my graphics-making, I had grown too dependent on c4ds. So, I experimented with smudging black and red as a start for the background. I applied several tricks, like clipping masks (splotches), slight vignette effects (darkened corners), textures (the red light), and everything I knew about curves and selective coloring. Yet, I don't feel like the effects distracted from Shadow. They merely emphasized the focal; the color scheme is still his predominant three colors and the effects are broken up, chaotic. I think everything fell right into place. Sometimes, I just over-effect and have geometric shapes ?? and flowers ?? and explosions ?? and abstract art ?? with images that have nothing to do with those patterns. I feel like sometimes, the background becomes more attention-grabbing than the actual picture I started with. Which... makes me feel like I'm not talented at all, but resourceful. If you throw enough ingredients into the pot, sooner or later you'll produce something.

So... I'd love to redo a number of pieces, or re-try working with green backgrounds in banners. They're all vivid, but are many evoking any kind of emotion from the viewer?

Icons are great because their small size restricts me from throwing down too many bombastic effects. That helps me get back to the basics. I can also do them within 5-15 minutes usually.

--

Gintama icons, 100x100
    gintama100-1.png
    gintama100-2.png
    gintama100-3.png

gintama100-4.png
    gintama100-5.png
    gintama100-6.png

gintama100-7.png
    gintama100-8.png
    gintama100-9.png

gintama100-10.png
    gintama100-11.png
    gintamaa100-12.png

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    Thanks, I can do that request for you.
    aurica.png
    aurica2.png

My favorite piece so far would be the Shadow tag. He's one of my favorite Sonic characters bias, and I wanted to do justice to the banner. I spent quite a long time just trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the background. I have one early draft version saved. Yeah, it was becoming odd-looking no matter what I did to the coloring effect. Scrap it. At this point in my graphics-making, I had grown too dependent on c4ds. So, I experimented with smudging black and red as a start for the background. I applied several tricks, like clipping masks (splotches), slight vignette effects (darkened corners), textures (the red light), and everything I knew about curves and selective coloring. Yet, I don't feel like the effects distracted from Shadow. They merely emphasized the focal; the color scheme is still his predominant three colors and the effects are broken up, chaotic. I think everything fell right into place. Sometimes, I just over-effect and have geometric shapes ?? and flowers ?? and explosions ?? and abstract art ?? with images that have nothing to do with those patterns. I feel like sometimes, the background becomes more attention-grabbing than the actual picture I started with. Which... makes me feel like I'm not talented at all, but resourceful. If you throw enough ingredients into the pot, sooner or later you'll produce something.

So... I'd love to redo a number of pieces, or re-try working with green backgrounds in banners. They're all vivid, but are many evoking any kind of emotion from the viewer?

Icons are great because their small size restricts me from throwing down too many bombastic effects. That helps me get back to the basics. I can also do them within 5-15 minutes usually.

Explosions make everything better! Haha. I can see what you mean with the older tags through the icons you make now. They're different, but not in a "holy crap that's awful" way. The backgrounds aren't necessarily in your face and don't take away from what's there with the stock. I appreciate your insight into what you do! ^^ Thank you for sharing and thanks for the icon!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Don't want to overload you or anything, so take your time with this one. I won't mind, I promise :]

Is it okay if I get a 130x130 avatar for Vigoroth? I don't mind if you use the official artwork, or anything. I'm fine with it.

TwilightBlade

Years
    You're welcome, my dear.

Henshin!
    Enjoy~
    hundredwitch1.png
    metalia1.png
    witchm1.png

[supporter]Couriway[/supporter]
    It's better for me to do them before exams pile up in a week. From the TCG or Sugimori art, we have...
    vigoroth1.png
    vigoroth2.png
    vigoroth3.png

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • I just had to stop by and say that I am extremely impressed with your Photoshop skills, great job. Your art is a clear indication of your photoshop abilities, and I hope that when I've used it for that long I will be at least half as good as you. :) I'm about a year into avidly using it and I really enjoy the program. Although it's typical and a lot of people use it I do believe hardly anyone seems to master it or take many risks/explore the possibilities.

Great job, if anything you've inspired me to keep working on my photoshop skills. I look forward to seeing more, of course!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    [supporter]Miracle Seed[/supporter]
    You're welcome, my dear.

Henshin!
    Enjoy~
    hundredwitch1.png
    metalia1.png
    witchm1.png

It's better for me to do them before exams pile up in a week. From the TCG or Sugimori art, we have...
    vigoroth1.png
    vigoroth2.png
    vigoroth3.png

Thank you soo much! <33 These look amazing :D

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Saki
    Thanks for the lovely words. For as long as I've had Photoshop, I wish I were better. D: Make use of every tutorial and resource you can come across and draw inspiration from others... I'm happy to have been able to share some of my art with you all. Looking forward to delivering more goodies... :3

Henshin!
    You're welcome. They look great on ya. :)

Silver Soul of Johto
    How are these?
    bb1.png
    bb2.png
    bb3.png

Terabyte
    Sorry for the wait. ;;
    snivyavatar.png

Noooo, you're amazing.

Years
  • Hey, could you do a shiny Mew thats in this position?

mew-featured-image-2.jpg

And if you can, a background something like this?

Spoiler:

Reg. icon size please, I want to make it my icon! (I've had two previous icons. Both mews. :D)

Back