• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Currently working on a large team game for my final 3rd year advanced game design class at uni. Will post updates and screenshots when we get into it more, but right now we're doing a lot of mock ups and basic concepting stuff. The game is a 3D adventure-action genre and inspired by Bastion and Journey is called Obscura. I'm doing a lot of work on the environmental design and making tilesets and stuffs, so this should be interesting :pp

I think the coolest aesthetic pokemon type for me would be (I'm tempted to say dragon), but for me I would have to say Ghost types. Over the years it's developed from the noticeable gastly line to Froslass, rotom, Aegislash etc. - you wouldn't automatically think they'd be the typical ghost type. A lot of them in general, I love how they're designs - probs one of my favourite type designs in pokemon!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    actually like two hours after i said i had no projects i wrote a script for a fancomic that starts off the same but has three alternate middle/ends and they're all great so i'm gonna draw them all and i've been rough sketching it out :P

p ambitious for someone who cant really draw lmao

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    actually like two hours after i said i had no projects i wrote a script for a fancomic that starts off the same but has three alternate middle/ends and they're all great so i'm gonna draw them all and i've been rough sketching it out :P

p ambitious for someone who cant really draw lmao

That's good practice, atleast, and for what I've seen you're not a bad drawer at all. I'd love to read it!

I also recommend for any of you to join the retype contest, and get that thing going. I really want this place to get some real activity again.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oooh. Just doing art or actual coding too?

A little bit of both, actually! But chiefly art and design because that's my strongest asset. It's pretty exciting to be a part of a real, semi-professional (but mostly amateur) team of developers!

We've only done a few sessions so far, but things are looking pretty great! :)

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    A little bit of both, actually! But chiefly art and design because that's my strongest asset. It's pretty exciting to be a part of a real, semi-professional (but mostly amateur) team of developers!

Sounds interesting, is it a fangame for something or a original concept?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Will we get to see any of it here at PC/ hear about any farther development? I'm genuinely curious about any game development and art whether in progress or completed (and whether or not it's pokemon related :D )

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sounds interesting, is it a fangame for something or a original concept?
    An original concept. It's going to be an adventure rpg platformer game. We don't have much in the way of story yet, but I can tell you first hand the sprite work is well on its way!

Will we get to see any of it here at PC/ hear about any farther development? I'm genuinely curious about any game development and art whether in progress or completed (and whether or not it's pokemon related :D )
    Of course! I'm not going to make a game and just not invite all of PC to enjoy it! When we have more to show and better details regarding a progress report, I'll either update my own gallery exclusively with artwork or open a thread in Game Dev. Depends on how lazy I'm feeling, lol.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    That feeling you get when you finally get in the swing of things again. I am feeling it right now (yay!)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Gosh yeah. Every time I get back to tags/icons/drawing it's just so great. <3

this is actually the longest consecutive drawing period I have ever had? and it's literally only been twenty days how sad is that
    but maybe not so sad? because that means I haven't given up yet? I dunno why. I mean somehow I magically become better in between periods of drawing but this time I'm... actually getting better with more work.... wtf is this

Circuit

Years
    Gosh yeah. Every time I get back to tags/icons/drawing it's just so great. <3

this is actually the longest consecutive drawing period I have ever had? and it's literally only been twenty days how sad is that
    but maybe not so sad? because that means I haven't given up yet? I dunno why. I mean somehow I magically become better in between periods of drawing but this time I'm... actually getting better with more work.... wtf is this

Haha, that happens to me too. I go away for a while, come back and my work just gets so much better. How does that work?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    OH THANK GOD IT'S NOT JUST ME ahahaha it's an absolute mystery. I mean usually I change styles and aesthetic interests between activity so maybe just? it seems better? but also re drawing my anatomy gets better and motion capturing gets better... i dunno. Maybe I lowkey study contantly and don't think much of it but retain stuff anyway?

Circuit

Years
    That could be one answer, or maybe it takes time for things you learn to sink in? I dunno. I feel sometimes when I come back to graphics I just suddenly have a better understanding of how everything works all of a sudden. Like what? I didn't even look at photoshop for weeks and suddenly I understood terms and effects better than before. Erm... Ok brain, keep doing this, works for me.

Circuit

Years
    Pretty sure if you made it, there'd be plenty of people interested in it. Not many people post here all that much though :/

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I would love that. It's something that might increase activity, and just promote creativity. I'm in.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm a CSS noob, but how is this sig for my new username? I'm looking for help on if the color, size, or anything else should be changed.

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC
    Cosmic's Trade Reviews | Previously known as GreenFlame

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back