• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Sorry GreenFlame, I'm kind of a CSS noob too haha.

On topic of the communitydex, is it that event where everyone in the community contributes on drawing every Pokemon in the dex?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I was assuming it would be a fakemon dex, and we'd all submit fakemon to it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I'm a CSS noob, but how is this sig for my new username? I'm looking for help on if the color, size, or anything else should be changed.

Ok now I'm gonna actually type some critique properly :3

The green just does not suit a border, I'm sorry, but it really doesn't work. Better to use a greyscale shade, rather than a colour such as the green. I dislike the varying colours in the text at the bottom, and particularly how "Trade Reviews" and "GreenFlame" clash with the background becoming illegible. It also seems narrower than before... Not sure why, but perhaps consider making it slightly taller. If it is the same height as I suggested it to be, my bad, make it wider again XD

The thing about the green is, it doesn't match anything in the banner at all. I would suggest using a grey that is the same as on Glalie's face. And make the text all one colour/two colours, one either side of the separator; which should also not be green either.

"L'art pour l'art" - DCC
    Cosmic's Trade Reviews | Previously known as GreenFlame

I fiddled about with it a little, just to give you an idea of what I think would look better. I'm starting to get the hang of this CSS stuff XD

Candy

Years
    By fakemon you mean incoming fake eeveelutions then. I'm pretty sure most Pokemon artists has made at least one lol.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i haven't made fakemon in a very long time. i know in my gallery i think i have some fusions posted. i think they're very easy to make.

Years
    I...think a fake eeveelution was one of the first fake pokemon I ever made, lol. X)

I actually just drew another fake pokemon recently for somebody, still have yet to show it off to the public though. That's about the only way I'll do fake pokemon these days is if somebody throws me an idea. :P

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Looking back at past threads in terms of CommunityDex, I know the digital Artists had their own Pokemon Art Dex back in the day and later a Fakemon Community dex including the spriters. Maybe somehow try and create a open media (not exclusive to spriting or digital or any other form of art) fakemon dex?
    Would love to be a part of it, but don't really do sprites and don't have much time to digital right now, so I'd offer 3D arts.

Lol would even go and create 3D model/animations of other people's fakemon since a lot of people here have a lot of amazing designs!

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't mind participating in a communitydex-- in fact I don't mind doing most of the sprites for them. I've been slowly creeping back to pixel art and digital art so I would like the practice.

I believe any art medium is okay, just the majority of people in the communitydex mostly had the skills of digital art, traditional art and pixel art. During that time there weren't many people around doing 3D models.

Candy

Years
    We haven't even finished the Art Dex? And it's already been 2 generations of new Pokemon since it begin? Whoa.

I vote for a revival of the PC Art Dex.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Maybe I'll set one up at some point in the near future. Unless someone else wants to, in which case they can do it by all means. Would give me more time to work on something else instead :P

Years
    Everyone makes Pokémon/Fakemon (depending on the dex) and we make a dex created by the artists on PokéCommunity. Simple as that.

I really like that idea. Kinda like the member encyclopedia, but with art! I have a quick question on which do you like better:

Gimp or Sai?

Personally I love sai, since the tools are easier to work with and the menus and such are easier to navigate around.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    I really like that idea. Kinda like the member encyclopedia, but with art! I have a quick question on which do you like better:

Gimp or Sai?

Personally I love sai, since the tools are easier to work with and the menus and such are easier to navigate around.
    Photoshop all the way. Otherwise it's GIMP.

Years
    I've had only a brief time with trying SAI (back when I couldn't find my photoshop discs), but I did like what I used of it. And then the trial ran out. :P I prefer photoshop anyway, been using it for years so I'm far more used to it.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Maybe I'll set one up at some point in the near future. Unless someone else wants to, in which case they can do it by all means. Would give me more time to work on something else instead :P

I think Dark Avenger said he wanted to set it up too, you should go talk to him about it.

I use paint for everything. It's good enough if you just make fakemon. I get confused by other programs, but I should maybe start looking into them.

It's a shame people don't seem to really wanna vote for the retype challenge. We've got a lot of contestants, but it seems to be that there are more of those then people who vote. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back