• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
quite self-explanatory: what was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (: (: (: go into as much detail as you'd like.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
The last movie I watched on Netflix was The Man Who Never Was. It is a 1956 movie about the World War II Operation Mincemeat. Course another way of calling it is how a dead man tricked the German high command into believing the Allied invasion of Sicily would actually be happening at Greece and Sardinia. Overall, I thought the movie was quite good.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Last House on the Left (1972)

It's a very good movie. Wes Craven's directorial debut with an exploitation horror film. It already tells you that Wes Craven will be a very good horror connoisseur.

I can see why the movie was controversial for it's time. The rape scenes were pretty bothersome for me, but it was pretty much meant to be, according to Wes Craven.

All in all, I loved the movie, very well done with a low budget and I actually wanna see the remake since Wes Craven WANTED to make a remake of it to do all of the scenarios that he couldn't do back in the days due to budget restraints and time issues.

pkmin3033

It's a toss-up between this and Guardians of the Galaxy as to which is my current favourite MCU movie. It depends on my mood, really - Guardians has the better humour and cast, but Thor has the better fight scenes and score. Villains are equally shit (although in the comics I prefer Ronan...which makes his movie treatment all the more disappointing, I suppose) so it all comes down to my mood. Today I was in the mood to watch an armored Chris Hemsworth beat shit up with a magic hammer. Hell yes.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Equestria Girls: Friendship Games.... That film proved the saying "Third time's the charm" is a lie

Years
The last movie I saw was Rise Of The Guardians, which was a re-watch; the newest movie I've seen is Get Hard.

pkmin3033

...I can't believe I sat through all 2 hours of this. What utter trash. Why is it that monster movies these days seem to follow the belief that you can make up for substandard writing by just chucking as many different monsters as you can get into the pot? Dracula, werewolves, Jekyll & Hyde, Frankenstein's monster, Kate Beckinsdale, Dracula's slutty vampire harem, some weird little exploding gargoyle things that are apparently their mutant kids...bloody HELL, it's a menagerie of a movie, and not one of them is well done. I got very strong Underworld vibes from the final battle (only significantly less violent and entertaining) and...I have nothing positive to say about this film. Nothing. It wasn't even trashy fun; it was just plain trashy. Never again. NEVER. I can't believe I recorded this. "It'll be fun; it's got Hugh Jackman in it." I think to myself. Sometimes my idiocy astounds me. Lord. WHY.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
The last movie I watched was the Smosh movie on Netflix. It was pretty good. Some people say it's stupid, but you gotta understand that it's supposed to be stupid, it's Smosh. It even states it directly in the movie.

Years
X-Files: I Want To Believe

I saw it before, but I was going through an X-Files rewatch and decided to watch it again. It's not a bad movie, but certainly nothing you'd want to watch if you weren't a fan of the series and even then it's kinda of like a good (but not great) episode that's two hours long.

The Rite. Classic Anthony Hopkins.
Poor guy, always being typecast.

pkmin3033

Father wanted to watch it again, and as per normal I'm the convenient excuse: if I want to watch something too, then it can be justified to whoever else happens to be around at the time. It's a 2-to-1 rule we seem to have in this house that comes into play every time someone asides me wants to watch something...and in my case I get overruled when people want to watch Pointless.

Anyways. I quite like this film, although I like it more as a setup movie than I do as a standalone...it's Pitch Black all over again, only not quite as entertaining this go around. Sure, Vin Diesel is a fantastic actor who really lends presence to the role, and I loved the whole "head in a box" thing that was going on for half the film, but...well, after Chronicles this isn't a very good follow-up. I want to see more Necromongers! Fortunately, the end of the film promises retribution and, with a fourth all-but confirmed by the DVD sales of this one, I can't wait to see where it's all going to go from here. Good film. Not as good as Pitch Black or Chronicles, but still good. Keep 'em coming.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
The Wind Rises by Hayao Miyazaki.

I've seen it before, but I wanted to go back and really pay attention to the movie as a movie.

And my original opinion of it still stands. It's one of his weaker films, unfortunately.

Years
Alexander The Director's Cut

There are like four versions of Alexander and I wish that wasn't the case because one of my favorite military leaders from history deserves better than a sloppy caricature from Oliver Stone </3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Insidious

The atmosphere of the movie is great and scenes are pretty bone chilling. I'd say it's one of the best horror movies made in the 2010's until now.

a small amount of people complained about the dream sequence but I think they failed to realize that this is a ghost/demon horror movie. It's supposed to be paranormal.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Buffalo '66.

going into this I knew I was either gonna love it or hate it. a film about this dude who gets out of jail and immediately kidnaps a teenaged girl, pretending they're married for his parents, laden with faded colors and diner scenes and tap-dancing to King Crimson. additionally incredibly self-absorbed. there would be no in between on this. thankfully I fell into the former camp, loving it with all of my ****ing heart. Vincent Gallo is a terrible, terrible actor (and person in general) but for some reason he pulls off some sort of cathartic, earnest need to make this film. it's obviously hearkening back to films from the '50s in a way but it's also a portrait of a lonely, broken, self-conscious man who portends to Know It All but really has not a clue. recommended if you're into unconventional things.

pkmin3033

We're in full-scale rewatch mode at the moment...thankfully we skipped all the other X-Men movies asides First Class. Whilst this isn't a brilliant film, and I am dreading Apocalypse after seeing the titular character looks like a fat version of Ivan Ooze, it's a lot better than the awful trilogy and Wolverine spinoffs. Fassbender and McAvoy are by no means as good as McKellan and Stewart, but they seem to have grown into the roles a little since First Class, and they're...adequate. The plot isn't too badly mutilated, and the special effects are nice enough. One of these days I'm going to have to watch the Rogue cut, out of curiosity. Also, major props to this movie for erasing what happened in the trilogy. If only I could forget The Last Stand happened too...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I saw The Visit a couple of weeks ago, which was hugely disappointing. I was expecting some sort of psychological thriller, if not outright horror, but it was nothing more than spoof horror without the humor that normally makes them. I didn't find any of it funny or creepy - however, I will hand it to the twist about the grandparents. The mother's reaction was the best 10 seconds or so of the movie and I wish that whole bit had been played up more, as the Paranormal Activity-esque ending was a bit of a relief thematically but it fell flat given the rest of the film.

Back