• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

Years
Aladdin. Hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Robin Williams is really the thing that makes the movie worth watching.

Years
I re-watched How To Train Your Dragon and Hercules, but the most recent movie I've seen is Rio 2, mainly for Bruno Mars; on a more realistic note, I've watched Dope.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Unfriended.

Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Well acted, decent premise, but not particularly scary. Somewhat soured by the very end, however.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
The Barber.

My boyfriend and I have been looking for horror or thriller movies to watch on Netflix. I came across this one, which didn't have a bad description, so we gave it a shot. It was actually pretty alright for an lesser known thriller on Netflix, haha. Definitely worth a watch. Nothing too special, but not bad at all.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Whilst the second hour kinda dragged on, it did genuinely make me laugh at times.

pkmin3033

I have mixed feelings about the first two Jurassic Park movies (the third one was ****) as they were films of my childhood...so, they were awesome, because they had dinosaurs in them, but they were terrifying, because those dinosaurs were devouring people. I still get an uncomfortable feeling when I watch them, as I remember how scared I used to be. I mean, I was only about four or five when I saw the first one, after all.

But I...didn't really get that with this movie. It didn't FEEL like a Jurassic Park movie; it was just a random film with dinosaurs in it. Sure, it was a pretty good one, and I was very grateful they didn't spend much time on those bratty little kids and actually gave me what I wanted - dinosaurs running rampant - but it felt like it had been...censored, perhaps? That element of suspense bordering on horror was completely gone, it wasn't quite as graphic as the past films were, and a lot of the excitement was gone...in fact, the movie summed itself up perfectly right at the start when they were talking about the park: people have gotten so used to dinosaurs that they need to keep on bringing in new attractions to keep people interested. Whilst the park in the movie might have managed to do that, this movie did not. It felt more like a rehashed reimagining than a true sequel.

Well-paced, nice special effects, passable acting...but lacking. Not what I was hoping for. But still a million times better than the godawful third film.

Years
Crimson Peak

I really did like it, the use of color and the atmospherics were great, but kinda called the fact that Chastain/Hiddleston's characters were married and running a scheme early on and it kinda killed the mood a bit for me, but I loved the production value, set design and Hiddleston's acting and I thought that the ghosts themselves were actually pretty:

Spoiler:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Paths of Glory.

Spoiler:

Years
Attack on Titan

I was disappointed. It kinda deviates from the original source (which I assume is the manga) and didn't focused on the more important parts of the plot such as their days in the academy, the other members of the 104th squad, the officials of each legion, etc. For those people who will be watching the movie and had no idea of what Attack on Titan's original plot is, they will be mislead by the movie.

I haven't read much of the reviews of the movies, so I can't really say if what I observed is reliable. But for my own opinion, the movie didn't live up to its name.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Started watching lots of spooky films this week, must be over Halloween.

Anywayyyy, I watched League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen this morning. As far as comic movie adaptations go, it was...all right!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Macbeth

This was honestly one of the best films of the year, and one of the best of Michael Fassbender's filmography. It stays true to the source material, is beautifully shot and well cast - Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are just powerhouses in their roles, and I thank Justin Kurzel for directing this.

tl;dr I'd recommend this to everyone.

pkmin3033

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

It's movies like this that make me hate the fact that I know anything at all about Marvel outside of the films. Ignorance really is bliss when you're watching crap like this. This is easily one of the worst Marvel films out there - worse than Amazing Spider-man, worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, worse even than Elektra. I can't believe I sat through this again. I don't even know why we have the DVD. This is an abomination. Yet it's still better than the FF reboot...somehow. I don't even want to think about it. I want those 90 minutes of my life back.

...and yet I still think Chris Evans does a better job as the Human Torch in this than he does as Captain America in the MCU. I just don't like him in the role.

Years
Beasts of No Nation

jesus christ this was good, but coming from Cary Joji Fukanaga and with Idris Elba, I kinda figured it would be amazing going in.

Jayce

x-kid
Years
Black Mass. I wasn't blown away, but it' s a very interesting story and the acting was incredible. Especially Johnny Depp, that man gave me chills. Would recommend, would watch again.

Back