• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Literally just finished watching Management with Jennifer Aniston (wow she seems to star every movie I have recently borrowed from the video store...)

Anyways, not a bad film, I thought it started really like slowly and didn't exactly pick up too much to fully engage me. Plus I was by no means satisfied with the ending. Not that it left me hanging, just that it could've been extended a bit more to make it more rounded and happier. It was a bit sudden / awkward.

Anyways, not a bad film.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Last movie I watched was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the last film in one of my favorite film series of all time.
    Yeah, I'd probably consider Last Crusade the last film in the IJ series, given that all Kingdom of the Crystal Skull did was piss on its grave, blame everything on aliens and make Cate Blanchett put on a Russian accent. Yawn.

Finished watching the 1938 film Holiday, with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. It's interesting to see the changing depictions of the upper classes, and yet the snide remarks and intolerance to outside influences seems to remain the same to its day. It was nice, amusing, and a gentle breath of fresh air on what's turning into a drab and boring day.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I've been watching a lot of kid's movies..... And, due to the few options I have when I have to stay downstairs with the kids, Harry Potter. The last movie I watched with the kids was Tangled, (I have fallen in love with Pascal. Best. Chameleon. Ever) and my last movie on my own was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince... well... half of it... I fell asleep somewhere along the line. XD

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    The Mechanic

The title sounds confusing and does not really portray the idea in this movie. By 'mechanic', it means a person who gets the job done, no questions asked and no complaints whatsoever. And that job, which I'm sure you predicted, is eliminating targets, threats to a two-sided company.

But, I did enjoy the movie. Jason Stathman always manages to satisfy my expectations.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I went to the midnight premiere of Source Code and I actually really liked it. Despite the fact that I have a bias towards it because it takes place in Chicago, Jake is a great actor and I liked all the suspense each time he went back to the train.

I did however, not enjoy the main actress :| I saw her in like a 2 dollar or something cheap like that movie at walmart called "Rest Stop" and I will never take her seriously because of it(my friend was wrong about the actress). I thought she didn't add much either, she kept wasting his 8 minutes.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    TRIPLE FEATURE SUNDAY! ZOMG!

First up was Safe, the second film by Todd Haynes and one of the first films to bring Julianne Moore onto the map. One of the most complex films I've ever seen, it deals with a suburban housewife in the 80s who strangely becomes horribly ill simply by coming into contact with fumes and chemicals. I admired it the first time I watched it, but didn't love it in anyway and... that's still the case to a certain extent now, but I admire it so much more: it certainly rewards multiple viewings (not in an Inception way; just so you can fully get it). It's a very slow and methodical film, and feels like it's 3 hours when it's really only 1 hour 45 minutes, but I'd certainly recommend it.

Number two was, for my money, one of the funniest films ever made: Blazing Saddles. A satire on both film westerns as well as racism in present-day America (well... 1970s America), it successfully tows the line between offensive and hilarious. It's always a good sign to be quoting along with the film, and I was pretty much doing it for the entire runtime! It also has probably the best ending to a film... period!

The final one was the 1940 screwball comedy His Girl Friday. Set in the cut-throat newspaper industry, a battle of wills emerges between an ex-husband and wife as one of the stories of the year is breaking. If you think the dialogue in The Social Network was fast, sit down and watch this! I think I've seen it about 5 times now, and still can't keep up with the characters during the final climactic scenes when everyone's stressed, barbs are flying it dissolves into rapid-fire speech not even Sorkin could write.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    The last movie I watched was Paranormal Activity 2...the first one didn't really scare me as much as the second one did.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World again on DVD. Such a great movie, features pokemon music in the beginning :).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World again on DVD. Such a great movie, features pokemon music in the beginning :).
    I'm prreeeeety sure what you're hearing is from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. For like the first 10 minutes of the film. You have the Triforce introduction jingle, and then overworld music, and bunch of random sound effects.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Rewatched In the Mood for Love on DVD last night and, lordy, did it improve in my estimations. It's such a beautiful film to look at, for one; the music is incredible; the performances - by both Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung - were kind of amazing; the costumes, the art direction etc. all top notch. Even the 'epilogue' that I really didn't like last time I watched it became tolerable this time, maybe because I was expecting... who knows.

Also ended up seeing Source Code with some friends tonight and I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting to. Jake's acting goes all schizo at times, but he manages to pull it off, for the most part; Vera Farmiga should be a friggin' national treasure, but no one seems to know who she is: hopefully this film'll give her more exposure; Michelle Monaghan was a non-entity which... meh. All in all, apart from the perfunctory ending I can only assume was at the behest of studio notes saying 'MORE HAPPY! IT NEEDS MORE HAPPY!', it was a good, solid thriller. Driving home from the cinema, one of my friends thought it a combination between Speed, Groundhog Day and some generic sci-fi stuff and, while her opinion is true to a certain extent, it feels more organic than simply a mashup of all those concepts. I'd recommend it, but maybe go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised, as I think I liked it a lot more than most people did.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I just watched District 9 again last night... great movie.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Watched Megamind last night. I had heard it was a great film, especially for an animated one, (my friend speaking, I love animated films) and it certainly lived up to the expectations. It was funny, established good connections with characters and everything.

Definitely worth watching!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    The last movie I watched was....mmm...I guess Sucker Punch...I've been watching TV like a crazy person..2 seasons of Greys Anatomy and 1 season of Private Practice. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I watched 3 movies the other day. They were Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Furry Vengeance, and An American Affair. :)

Great movies, actually.

jerry lewis

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    I have watched Arthur.This was a great comedy movie.i enjoyed the wholwe movie very much.today i will download Henry's Crime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back