• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Just finished watching Hook a little bit ago after having put off my binge watching of all the Robin Williams movies I could find on Netflix. 'Tis not a good idea to watch these movies while sleepless as tears may commence for no reason except sad.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi.

I'm gonna get some shiz for this, but first time I watched a Star Wars movie was at age 15. Now that I'm finished with the original trilogy, I'm gonna move on to the prequels.

Sucks that I've known the plot twist that Darth Vader was Luke's father since I was like 5. So many parodies spoiled it.

Years
Aliens In The Attic

I was randomly watching this movie because I was bored (locked out of using the internet by my mother) and there was a few pros and cons here. The plot was too predictable, and despite three of the aliens being evil it was pretty fun to see the fourth one wanted to side with the humans.

Also saw Igor before that. It had kooky character designs but I really hated the voice of Igor himself, I felt like John Cusack was not really the best choice to voice him.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Lucy

Watched this film in cinema because Scarlet Johansson its about humans normally using 10% of their brain and Lucy unlocks her full 100% brain capacity and gains powers and skills.

The film gets confusing at points and whilst it is enjoyable to watch the end is just awful and completely lets down the story

6/10 would watch again but turn it off 10 mins before the end

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
If it counts, I'm watching a movie right now. The Secret World of Arrietty, it's so cute and whimsical, and I'm loving it so far!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I finally watched Black Swan last night, and thought it was absolutely amazing. Natalie Portman is a true inspiration to watch perform in anything she does, and that was no exception. I didn't understand a lot of the movie until the end, and even then some of it seemed pretty far in left field and irrelevant to the plot. If someone understands it better and wants to help me comprehend, I wouldn't object to an explanation!

would buy, would watch 10 more times

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I finally watched Black Swan last night, and thought it was absolutely amazing. Natalie Portman is a true inspiration to watch perform in anything she does, and that was no exception. I didn't understand a lot of the movie until the end, and even then some of it seemed pretty far in left field and irrelevant to the plot. If someone understands it better and wants to help me comprehend, I wouldn't object to an explanation!

would buy, would watch 10 more times
it probably requires more than one watch to fully comprehend but I love the movie too. what exactly didn't you get? maybe I could help you out bb. (;

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
it probably requires more than one watch to fully comprehend but I love the movie too. what exactly didn't you get? maybe I could help you out bb. (;
all her hallucinations(was that what they were?), her bloody scar, her mom clipping her nails(how are those three things related and what did they mean), why she kept imagining Mila Kunis was her enemy, all that

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
all her hallucinations(was that what they were?), her bloody scar, her mom clipping her nails(how are those three things related and what did they mean), why she kept imagining Mila Kunis was her enemy, all that

if anyone's reading this and hasn't seen the film yet and plans to, spoilers lie herein so Beware!

her hallucinations - idk, they're just hallucinations I guess! I mean, a lot of characters in films hallucinate, hers being because of her overwhelming desire to get the role in the first place and, eventually, fit the role perfectly after her instructor was all like 'okay you're the white swan but can you be the black swan.' I'm not even 100% sure which hallucinations in particular you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure this answer is okay.

her bloody scar - shows how the role was taking a physical toll on her. it was really just to emphasize her deterioration, I think.

her mom clipping her nails - she does peel the skin off of her nails later on if I'm remembering correctly (I honestly don't remember if this is an hallucination or not oopsies but regardless), not sure if this was something he meant to be looked at under the microscope though

all three of those things contribute in some way to how bad the role was for her, and how much it destroyed her and, of course, lead to her eventual death. especially the scar.

and she kept seeing Mila Kunis as her enemy because she was the black swan to Portman's white swan, the dark to her light, the guilty to her innocence, yada yada yada. like when she takes Portman to the club and tries to get her to pop pills (successfully I think), and Portman romanticizes her badness which manifests itself and climaxes (figuratively and literally if u kno what I mean) when she imagines them having some crazy sex. and then when Portman imagines killing Kunis, this is her transformation into the black swan, this is the turning point, this is when she lets the persona completely eclipse her actual personality and this is when she pretty much dies. there could only be one dancer who was both the black swan and the white swan in the end, and Portman let her overwhelming desire for the role completely destroy her.

I hope this clears things up a little, it's kind of disjointed and I'm a bit ill so I have no idea how clear that actually was

Years
Captain Phillips. surprisingly good. excellent acting from Tom Hanks and it was fittingly tense.

surprisingly? that movie was astounding! tom hanks was robbed :/

saw guardians of the galaxy twice, and i would watch it again! loved chris pratt in it <3

Years
Bridge To Terabithia

A movie based on a book which involves two friends creating a world that only exists in their imagination, and also helps them get through real-world problems. I do have to warn anyone watching this that there's a huge tearjerker moment towards the end, so if you are someone who doesn't like sad scenes, definitely avoid this one.

Otherwise, the story is interesting and I did like how cute the younger Josh Hutcherson and AnnaSophia Robb were in this movie given it was early in their careers.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Last movie I watched was Cannibal Holocaust. Quite the light hearted romantic comedy of a family friendly picture if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back