• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Mockingjay-Part 1
    Read all the books and it was pretty good not really disappointed in much about it and i really love the movies and the series cant wait for the last part!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The Theory of Everything

Not as exciting as I thought it'd be, but still a pretty good movie nonetheless. Couple laughs and cutesy moments, and acting was good I thought.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • yo so I watched two movies yesterday because I was sick (and 9 episodes of The Office but that's beside the point).

first, The Master. it was so so so so beautifully shot, and INCREDIBLY acted, Joaquin Phoenix, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams all giving potentially career best performances (aside from PSH simply because he's done so many other amazing performances). however, when it comes to actual, I dunno, SUBSTANCE, there's nothing. infuriating, airy nothing and I am MAD about it. the end is a total cop-out, barely anything happens, the story isn't satisfying at all, so many questions are left unanswered but not even in a compelling way. it got kind of boring, too, and hammy towards the end. regardless, the acting and cinematography kind of anchored it, so I didn't dislike it. 6/10.

then I watched Slacker. this movie has absolutely no plot but it's a joy to watch because of how unique it is. there are upwards of 90 characters, and you see one snippet from a few of them walking down the street conversing until another person walks down the street and the camera shifts and follows them for a few minutes and so on and so on for 100 minutes. it basically serves to highlight how everything is happening everywhere at the same time, or some cliche like that. it's so cool. it dragged a bit, but it was still a lot of fun. 7/10. the end is weird, though. I mean, how can you tie a movie with no plot together? (hint: you don't.)

Sir Codin

I don't want my hours back. Beautiful piece that's hated too much. Hipsters are always wrong.

Years
  • The Giver

Really well done movie, despite the shorter length. I had already seen this movie beforehand, but seeing others watch it for the first time and experiencing it with them is, IMO, often better than the first watch. My mom loved it too! (:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • The Giver
    Kinda reminded me of divergent alittle
    Would have liked more of an ending though and more explanation haha

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    The Hobbit Battle of five armies.
    I was both delighted and disappointed by it.
    Same watched it this morning in HFR 3D, thought the ending was doing perfectly
    Spoiler:

Was quite an emotional scene and I shread quite a few tears watching this and listing to the credits music.
    Spoiler:

Watching it in HFR 3D and the Laketown scene was completely unwatchable, in the screening I viewed the first 10 mins the 3D was completely out of sync and was blurry you physically could not watch it

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Justice League: Crisis on Two Earth

A GREAT animated movie. Where Lex Luthor is a good guy in his universe and the 'Justice League copies are the bad guys'. And Lex Luthor comes into the good guy's Justice League's universe to ask them for help so he can save his parralel universe.

Years
  • Same watched it this morning in HFR 3D, thought the ending was doing perfectly
    Spoiler:

Was quite an emotional scene and I shread quite a few tears watching this and listing to the credits music.
    Spoiler:

Watching it in HFR 3D and the Laketown scene was completely unwatchable, in the screening I viewed the first 10 mins the 3D was completely out of sync and was blurry you physically could not watch it

Yeah the 3D felt a bit gimmicky, mostly just the words coming out the screen.
    Spoiler:

Other than the above point It may be my favourite Tolkien film.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Mockingjay: Part 1
    I wish I could say that. I really want to see that movie already.

Last movie I watched...I don't remember.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Yeah the 3D felt a bit gimmicky, mostly just the words coming out the screen.
    Spoiler:

Other than the above point It may be my favourite Tolkien film.
    Spoiler:

For me I would rank the Tolkein trilogy like this
    Return of The King = Battle of The Five Armies
    Fellowship of The Ring
    The Two Towers = Desolation of Smaug
    A Unexpected Journey

This has me pondering thou
    Spoiler:

Also
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Pokemon the Movie: White - Victini and Zekrom

It got way too slow to start the movie, the scenes with Zekrom and Reshiram fighting against each other was good, but not that good that the movie had to pace itself slowly to build up the plot. Practically pass the half the movie's length until the plot actually started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back