• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen today
    As for fanfiction, I feel like I would only try to do it if there was some reward other than self-gratification, since I'm not really a good writer and I don't know how to appreciate the art.

Years
  • The short stories I wrote back in high school might qualify as fan fiction. They were set in a video-game I played a lot at the time and with characters from it.
    Otherwise no.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Never wrote fanfiction (in memory, at least). Understands the appeal. Feels weird to write for established characters, though, and perhaps restricting?

Years
  • I have to one day rescue one of my OCs in a Pokenon fic I wrote. I left the story on a cliffhanger, and she was quite literally laying unconscious on the floor of a burning building when i stopped writing. I want to return to that story, I liked writing it, and there were reviewers on ff who enjoyed it too, and wanted to know more, but I got busy. Now I worry that the story has been dead for too long to try to revive

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I think Pokémon is a great franchise to write fic for, especially in terms of writing canon characters, because like. We see enough of them to get an idea of their personalities but you can kind of do whatever else you want with them? There's just so much freedom in interpretation~

tbh people routinely pick up fics after years and years so if you want to finish it go for it! its more about what you want to do, really~ who cares if it's "late"!

Years
  • As for fanfiction, I feel like I would only try to do it if there was some reward other than self-gratification, since I'm not really a good writer and I don't know how to appreciate the art.

I don't consider myself anywhere near a good writer, but what matters is to have fun! I started on these forums by posting my short entries, to see if a few people at least would like it. And look where I am now! ^^

The short stories I wrote back in high school might qualify as fan fiction. They were set in a video-game I played a lot at the time and with characters from it.
    Otherwise no.

I once wrote a short story for school (written expression) in which I managed to fit a fire bird called Moltres! ^^

I have to one day rescue one of my OCs in a Pokenon fic I wrote. I left the story on a cliffhanger, and she was quite literally laying unconscious on the floor of a burning building when i stopped writing. I want to return to that story, I liked writing it, and there were reviewers on ff who enjoyed it too, and wanted to know more, but I got busy. Now I worry that the story has been dead for too long to try to revive

I would say it is never too late!
    (Coming from someone who used to wait up to 6 years for a fanfic update somewhere :p)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Enjoyed Eevee's Arcade and VG Trivia (despite probably knowing fewer answers this year). Also liked seeing Mind Read the Room results. Got some close ones in the Multiple Choice round.

Years
  • I have some tech issues right now. My computer is not working, I type on my phone a lot, but the provider I have throttles the speed, so web pages are really slow to open and images especially take a long time to view, and often appear broken for me, so because of loading issues I had to bow out of spot the difference. The puzzles are already super hard, and the problems I was having with graphics on top of it were too much for me to over come.

Cuz my connection is so weak I also have decided to avoid online games and activities where we have to chat live, I could drop out at any second. But I can't complain, there's still a ton of fun things to do.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Unfortunate on the tech issues. Hopefully solves that soon. Is glad to hear you still managed to participate in some areas.

Years
  • I have some tech issues right now. My computer is not working, I type on my phone a lot, but the provider I have throttles the speed, so web pages are really slow to open and images especially take a long time to view, and often appear broken for me, so because of loading issues I had to bow out of spot the difference. The puzzles are already super hard, and the problems I was having with graphics on top of it were too much for me to over come.

Cuz my connection is so weak I also have decided to avoid online games and activities where we have to chat live, I could drop out at any second. But I can't complain, there's still a ton of fun things to do.

Best wishes for your tech issues to get fixed quickly!
    But happy that you can still have fun!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • So what events and activities has everybody been enjoying lately this get-together, or looking forward to?

Pretty much only the forum games, although I might join a Pictionary session later if I'm feeling well.

I'm also waiting for a new prompt in the Fakemon design contest to see if I can get in.

Years
  • Yeah thanks, not quite sure when all of my electronic issues will be worked out, but i'm still here in spite of those setbacks, and happy to be here, and we're having good silly, wholesome fun.

I'm really glad organizers were able to make the get-together happen this year. It's been awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So what events and activities has everybody been enjoying lately this get-together, or looking forward to?

Mind Read the Room & Paint & Describe.
    Since my turn was up straight away for Paint & Describe I'm done for both. Bit of a shame as both are fun to do.

Participated in the VPP community event and finished that too =3

Participating daily in the Forum Games & Pokémon Trivia Spotlight and I try to improve my score in Eevee's Arcade every now and then.

The arcade event was fun last time round too, so I just entered it again straight away =P

I really like the Fakemon Design Content, and looking forward to the next prompt. The Custom TCG card creation looks cool too.

Funny you should mention it... I just posted my Custom TCG card for the TCG Card creation event :coolcat:
    I did have a bday to attend today, but I finished drawing Grumpig and Spoink and making a background before that, so afterward all I had to do was use one of the template thingies and turn it into an actual card =3
    Which was kinda hard for me as I don't think I've ever actually played the TCG, only collected it. I just browsed around on lots of different cards and made an educated guess at appropiate damage and HP numbers =P

Drawing the images for that card and making it was actually a ton of fun =D

So I'm participating in 6 Events + running 1 myself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Paint and Describe is one that I'm in as well. I entered as a describer, but I suspect that the painter has more fun, and next year, if the game comes back I might try my hand at drawing. I had to take a peak at Rekoil's trading card, he knows that Spink is one of my favorite psychic pokemon. So even though images load slow for me, it was more than worth the wait seeing Grumping jumping up and down in the bouncy castle. I love it! Fabulous. I hope that the birthday party you visited was a happy one as well!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back