• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lati@s, the roaming pain

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Raikou was far tougher than Latios for me. With Latios, I kept chasing it around, lowering its HP with every encounter. Then, when it was low enough, I sent in my Mean Look Pokemon, inflicted something (can't remember if it was Sleep or Paralyze), and after three of Kurt's Fast Balls, it was mine.

Raikou was the one I used the Master Ball on, after wasting my first stock of Fast Balls and about six Ultra Balls (it used Roar).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I think it adds on to the fun of the game, plus I don't think legendaries should be caught so easily too!
    I stalked my Latias in Sapphire and she's still with me up to these days cos' she's just, ah, more special like that.
    Nowadays I just clone Masterballs (Sue me) to catch fleeing Pokemons.

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I used a Ranch Mew that I had taught Block to for catching the roamers.

Mew @ False Swipe/Hypnosis/Block/Synthesis

Worked like a charm for catching the roamers, along with other less-annoying Pokes.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Get a Smeargle, guys....we really need somebody dedicated to breeding them like this:

Smeargle
    @ Muscle Band (it's not very powerful)
    lv.34 (lowest needed to catch ALL roamers so far existing.)
    -Spore
    -False Swipe
    -Mean Look
    -Softboiled (for recovery, as Smeargle ain't that strong)

I'll either get one, or use my Master Ball

Years
  • I just said "Screw it" and used a Master Ball on Latias after I realized the only legendary I had left to catch was Rayquaza, if I can ever get someone to trade me the required Groudon for a bit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I just said "Screw it" and used a Master Ball on Latias after I realized the only legendary I had left to catch was Rayquaza, if I can ever get someone to trade me the required Groudon for a bit.

You and I are in the same boat. All I have left other than Latias is Rayquaza and I am not too concerned about getting around to catching him seeing as I don't have a Groudon and my faince is too lazy to catch it on her SS.

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years
  • Going through route 15... theres Latios!
    Throw hyperball... catch!

For me there never was a problem with these roaming pokes since i usually got a masterball from emerald. But that with latios was luck.

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    OMG YES! >.< I have made several attempts and now when I go toward it or back and forth it basically avoids me... ;_;

Back