• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've been playing a lot of Galio recently. In all honestly, I don't know why I don't see him very much. In fact, I have yet to see someone else play him. Maybe it's because people try to play middle lane with him, but the problem with that is that Galio has no lane presence whatsoever. So, I've been using him as a support. With a good poke, a shield, an escape/chase, and an ult that's amazing for wearing down your opponents during team fights, I've been doing pretty well. I've gotten double digits assists every single game, and I've even had a killing spree on a couple of those.

But seriously, supports take so much flak. If the ADC jumps out of range of your spells right in the middle of the enemy, it's all of a sudden your fault they died. I can't shield you if you jump all the way over there, so don't give me crap about how I can't support. My job is to keep you alive, but only if you play smart. We can go and push the enemy champions, but please don't jump out of range or do it when I'm really low on mana. I might be getting better, but I'm no miracle worker.

Jungling and support would be a lot more fun if they didn't get constant crap from your own team.

Years
    I mained Galio in season 2, and he's still a comfort pick for me from time to time. If they sped up his q projectile speed even a tiny bit he'd be a much better champion. I like to build him somewhat tanky, like rod of ages, rylais, hourglass, abyssal, stuff that makes him last a long time in a fight.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Me: "Every coherent jungler knows that you only smite Blue, Wight, and Red. Never smite wolves, not worth the 40 seconds. Same with wraiths. And golems."

As a jungle main reading this really bothered me :(

Fun Fact: Jungle mains in diamond and plat will smite wolves, wraiths, or golems and do it often. Although it is recommended that you smite the buffs/wight if you only use smite on those camps you are not being as efficient as you possibly can as a jungler.

Example: Smite is up while you take the little golems at bot lane. You smite the large one and move onto wolves/wraiths (whichever is up or whichever you prefer) and don't smite it. You then take wight camp and smite it, then gank top.

Buffs spawn every 5 minutes. Wight respawn time is 50 seconds, and Smite cooldown is 40 seconds. This is too long of a wait and inconvenience to constantly be smiting ONLY these camps, and smiting only these camps will lead to slower clear times and more of a waste of early game farming.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've been playing a lot of Galio recently. In all honestly, I don't know why I don't see him very much. In fact, I have yet to see someone else play him. Maybe it's because people try to play middle lane with him, but the problem with that is that Galio has no lane presence whatsoever. So, I've been using him as a support.
    Okay, I retract this earlier statement.

I've been playing Galio top lane a lot recently, and I think I've found my perfect champion. His spells go together perfectly with my play style, and by level ten, he can clear minion waves in under five seconds. It's so much fun playing top with him, because all you have to do is spam your Q ability over and over again, and before you know it, their health is dangerously low. Zoom in with your E, ult up, and you have yourself an easy kill. I actually have yet to lose a laning phase with him, so it's working pretty well.

Oh, and I just bought my first skin, Enchanted Galio. I figured that if people are constantly going to question me picking him, I might as well have something to show that I can play him. Plus, he looks really cool with it, haha.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    As a jungle main reading this really bothered me :(

Fun Fact: Jungle mains in diamond and plat will smite wolves, wraiths, or golems and do it often. Although it is recommended that you smite the buffs/wight if you only use smite on those camps you are not being as efficient as you possibly can as a jungler.

Example: Smite is up while you take the little golems at bot lane. You smite the large one and move onto wolves/wraiths (whichever is up or whichever you prefer) and don't smite it. You then take wight camp and smite it, then gank top.

Buffs spawn every 5 minutes. Wight respawn time is 50 seconds, and Smite cooldown is 40 seconds. This is too long of a wait and inconvenience to constantly be smiting ONLY these camps, and smiting only these camps will lead to slower clear times and more of a waste of early game farming.

*Screw everything that was here I have new things to say, these are no longer relevant.*
    I've been playing like that now, and I will admit that I'm doing a bit better, but nothing too noticeable. Anyways, onto bigger and better things.

A few questions, since you are a jungler main, such as myself, however probably more experienced:
    Smite on F or D? I think everyone knows that F is for Fmite and D is for Dlash.
    Also, is Rengar still viable? I've seen a huge variety of performances on him lately, myself included in these. He's a terrible teamfighter, but a great assassin. Amazing level 6+ ganks, and iffy pre6 ganks. Maybe better top lane now? He's my bby. Rengod. Rengar is generally my first pick to a game, unless he gets banned out or the team needs a good teamfighter.

And last thing:
    Is this a good strategy: It's kind of a Shaco thing, but I like to clear red first, then go to the buff that the enemy DIDN'T start at, ward it, and sit in a bush in wait for the victim. When they come out I QEQ combo them and then aa to kill. It works most of the time, and then I just kinda camp out the enemy jungle, and kill him when he goes for buffs. Of course I still farm mine, and gank, but not nearly as much. I seem to get fed REALLY fast like this, but fall eventually, as they catch on and prepare for me. What would be your advice on this?

With Talon getting nerfs coming up in 4.17, would it be worth it to pick him up right now before he gets nerfed, or save for someone else?

In loading screen right now
    Jg got taken
    Adc got taken (I guess..)
    Top and mid same
    I got supp
    Our adc is Malphite
    Our supp is Lucian
    Take that how you will
    But that's how it worked out
    Kid said "amc or afk"
    So I picked Lucian supp *wink wink*
    End game results: Loss, 7/8/?. Smashed Jinx so hard she left.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    With Talon getting nerfs coming up in 4.17
    Talon is getting nerfs? :o He's barely ever played I'm surprised they're nerfing him, though I know he is ridiculously hard to beat once he gets going haha. What are the nerfs? I can't find them on S@20.

Talon

Years
    Talon is getting nerfs? :o He's barely ever played I'm surprised they're nerfing him, though I know he is ridiculously hard to beat once he gets going haha. What are the nerfs? I can't find them on S@20.

Haven't released that yet, all they said was he's getting nerfed.
    You can see all that's been said so far here.

Years
    I dont think Talon needs nerfs. like if you're gonna nerf talon you may as well just remove the champion from the game. I dont think he's overpowered in any way shape or form right now. how about nerfing someone like tristana or morgana? champions that have no weakness at any stage of the game

Bidoof FTW

Years
    A few questions, since you are a jungler main, such as myself, however probably more experienced:
    Smite on F or D? I think everyone knows that F is for Fmite and D is for Dlash.
    Also, is Rengar still viable? I've seen a huge variety of performances on him lately, myself included in these. He's a terrible teamfighter, but a great assassin. Amazing level 6+ ganks, and iffy pre6 ganks. Maybe better top lane now? He's my bby. Rengod. Rengar is generally my first pick to a game, unless he gets banned out or the team needs a good teamfighter.

And last thing:
    Is this a good strategy: It's kind of a Shaco thing, but I like to clear red first, then go to the buff that the enemy DIDN'T start at, ward it, and sit in a bush in wait for the victim. When they come out I QEQ combo them and then aa to kill. It works most of the time, and then I just kinda camp out the enemy jungle, and kill him when he goes for buffs. Of course I still farm mine, and gank, but not nearly as much. I seem to get fed REALLY fast like this, but fall eventually, as they catch on and prepare for me. What would be your advice on this?

I use Smite on D, for me it is a lot more comfortable, but there are champions where I don't run flash, when I play Shaco I use Dignite and Fmite because flash on shaco is a bit irrelevant right now because he has a short tp and is pretty much a troll pick right now.. (although soooo much fun XD) But after playing him and changing back to a flash set I always forget to put Flash on F and I use it just as well, but it just feels right to have Flash on F

I haven't seen Rengar jungle in so long that I really can't have an opinion on this, although he has been used in LCS a good amount during the Summer Split and a lot of people were having trouble with him, it got to the point where people in NA were joking about the Curse of the Rengar. Personally I haven't tried him jungle more than once so I can't say much about my playstyle with him, but I see him more often in top lane or even as a kill lane down bot than I see him jungle, but every champion is really as viable as you are skilled with them. So if you are skilled with Rengar jungle and really enjoy playing with him, than please continue and don't worry about the meta unless you no longer have fun playing him. I never jungle with Eve, Lee, or and of the other LCS junglers and just have fun with my jungling, even when playing a ranked match play someone that you know how to play and tiers/how viable a champion is won't make much of a difference.

And for your Shaco strategy, if you can pull it off then go ahead. Although if you notice that they are prepared for you try asking a laner for assistance and give them the kill so you don't fall and surprise them at the same time. When I play Shaco or any jungler that can invade the other camp like that (works best if you pick their red buff) I won't always invade and farm, just depends on what you're comfortable with or how casually you want to play the game. If I'm in a 5 man queue, I will always invade when playing a champ like this because they will usually want to help you a lot more than some random guy that goes Sion adc (or whatever those crazy kids troll with nowadays)

And that Talon nerf makes complete sense. I've seen a Talon feed all game then walk bot and shred a fed adc like she was a minion. Talon is a really good champion imo and I'm somewhat glad he's getting a nerf.

Last edited:

Talon

Years
    And for your Shaco strategy, if you can pull it off then go ahead. Although if you notice that they are prepared for you try asking a laner for assistance and give them the kill so you don't fall and surprise them at the same time. When I play Shaco or any jungler that can invade the other camp like that (works best if you pick their red buff) I won't always invade and farm, just depends on what you're comfortable with or how casually you want to play the game. If I'm in a 5 man queue, I will always invade when playing a champ like this because they will usually want to help you a lot more than some random guy that goes Sion adc (or whatever those crazy kids troll with nowadays)

You may have misread. I don't do this with Shaco. I do it with Rango. Works almost everytime :D So funny to see the enemy jungler say "gtfo you're not shaco".
    I play Shaco a fair bit, and do decent with him. He is kind of a troll pick, as he has no use late game whatsoever. However, his early game is amazing. Those crit ganks tho :D

And for Sion adc.. I have a strange thing. Jungle got taken. Mid got taken. Top got taken. Then ADC. I was left with support. I don't mind playing support, I was down for it. Then our ADC locked malphite. I chose Lucian supp. Won lane. Lost game. Because I suck at adc. I actually smashed lane so hard I made the enemy adc leave :(

I dont think Talon needs nerfs. like if you're gonna nerf talon you may as well just remove the champion from the game. I dont think he's overpowered in any way shape or form right now. how about nerfing someone like tristana or morgana? champions that have no weakness at any stage of the game

Trist is getting nerfs too :D
    Full list from my understanding:
    Talon
    Fiora
    Trist
    Nidalee
    Akali
    Kha'Zix
    Yasuo

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

Years
    You may have misread. I don't do this with Shaco. I do it with Rango. Works almost everytime :D So funny to see the enemy jungler say "gtfo you're not shaco".
    I play Shaco a fair bit, and do decent with him. He is kind of a troll pick, as he has no use late game whatsoever. However, his early game is amazing. Those crit ganks tho :D

Crit ganks op, and I meant what I said bc it's a shaco thing to do, so when another champion does it they're just a Shaco in disguise ;)

Talon

Years
    Crit ganks op, and I meant what I said bc it's a shaco thing to do, so when another champion does it they're just a Shaco in disguise ;)

****ing Shaco. Always doing Shaco things.

I've been having to dodge so many games today. 3 in a row now. I'm not going to play with a Zed on ADC, or a Jinx on top. But the worst I've seen so far: Sona jg. They locked that thing and I dodged immediately.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

Years
    ****ing Shaco. Always doing Shaco things.

I've been having to dodge so many games today. 3 in a row now. I'm not going to play with a Zed on ADC, or a Jinx on top. But the worst I've seen so far: Sona jg. They locked that thing and I dodged immediately.

Zed adc.. Hmmmmmm I might have to try it now, but Sona jg or Jinx top is prettyyyy bad. Everyone knows Soraka is the best top laner/jungler, especially when running AD. You must be playing with all of the nubs :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    You guys are making me both excited and nervous for the ranked games, once I get to level thirty.

And why is Fiora getting nerfed? I've never seen her done well, haha.

Sirfetch’d

Fiora is scary if she gets fed early, but isn't in a great spot. At least imo. She is a squishy top laner who falls off hard if she is denied early. She is high risk and not worth picking atm. I heard she was getting a rework though so lets see what that does for her.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yeah I know where you're coming from :p I've seen plenty of good Fioras both on my team and the enemy's. But I've also seen ones who looked like they were a level 5 against a bunch of pro players. :( She can wreck teams if played right but can also be useless if not. She has no CC to contribute, her abilities are eh (her ult makes me cry everytime though, I'll give her that) and her ult can be blocked by things like Pantheon's passive and maybe Zhonyas? (think it stops fiora's ult not sure) We had the pleasure of a Fiora mid in ranked once and I didn't have any of my top champs left so I went Akali. I thought it would sort of work- I mean it's like Akali and Fiora had a laneswap right? :D The rest of our team played really well but yeahh fed enemy mid laners not fun. so I ended up going top vs a cho which wasnt too bad ^^

Anyway lots of things happen in ranked - good or bad. I don't play much ranked myself since I've lost my interest in SR PvP in general but that'll probably change during the holidays (which is after tomorrow hallelujah) where I'll try to leg it to S5 promos from B1. although I'm feeling pretty off at the moment so probably gonna stick to practicing in normals for a bit :p

Also I don't think I have some of you added in-game but if you want, feel free to add Hawksbury on NA :) I don't play as much as I used to but I'll be around and you can ask for a game. Bots, SR, Dominion, ARAM, TT, ranked even, don't really mind. Used to play with a bunch of people from PC and I had some good laughs with that ^^ (gonna forever remember teemo in aram and sunfire capes stealing barons) XD I main Akali, Renekton, Irelia, Annie and Pantheon for various roles. I've tried playing ADC but I can't do it so yeah. :D I've been playing with Shawn (or Dragon on PC) for some games on the rare occasion I do play and our bot lane coordination is pretty amazing. We made a huge comeback for our team and Shawn ended up going 20 kills or so? idk how that happened I blame all his jinx ults :( But yeah it's rare we get stuck together for bot lane, I'm usually up top or mid. bot lane isn't my thing ;__;

btw am I the only one who doesn't like some of the new splashes? Like I don't really enjoy Shyvana's new one and prefer the old one. I get the argument of her looking more badass but there's something really off about the new VU. Same goes with Orianna and a bunch of the other ones who got VU'd. but maybe that's just me XD

also I really don't think an akali nerf is gonna do anything - no one knows how to deal with her anyway. :( If I'm laning vs her I'll usually be able to shut her down pretty hard due to the fact I know her combos, counters and what to do against her exactly. It's just like how most people would know how their main champ works whether its CDs, their usual build or tactics. but yeah akali is pretty ridiculous when fed so I guess I understand the nerf ^^; nerfs didnt stop me from playing irelia though :(

Sirfetch’d

btw am I the only one who doesn't like some of the new splashes? Like I don't really enjoy Shyvana's new one and prefer the old one. I get the argument of her looking more badass but there's something really off about the new VU. Same goes with Orianna and a bunch of the other ones who got VU'd. but maybe that's just me XD

I think the issue is the new splashes don't accurately represent the champions. Akali is one that stands out to me. It's a really good splash art, but doesn't feel like Akali anymore because it is so different from her in game model. Same for Vayne and Orianna. Their old arts matched their in game characters more so maybe they were better? Maybe that is just me being silly but I feel like that is the reasoning I am not necessarily a huge fan of them. Some are really good though. Cassiopeia's is amazing as well as Renekton's.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I kinda liked Renekton's old one better as well ;__; but yeah I liked Cassiopeia's, it was really good. I think it's weird Riot decides to update champs that don't necessarily need. it. I'm pretty sure we got promised a full rework on Sion awhile ago? and it never happened so that was kind of disappointing :( I guess the demand for Sion wasn't enough seeing as he wasn't popular to begin with. XD tbh I have to agree - she's positioned awkwardly, it doesn't look right. I prefer Akali's old one because rawr spears in your face. idk it's a good splash regardless - they all have their perks. ^^ I still can't bring myself to like Shyvana's new one though, maybe I'm just bad at adapting to a splash that looks so different. :( it was the same thing with twitch when he first got VU'd but I've grown to like his new splash better :)

Sirfetch’d

I kinda liked Renekton's old one better as well ;__; but yeah I liked Cassiopeia's, it was really good. I think it's weird Riot decides to update champs that don't necessarily need. it. I'm pretty sure we got promised a full rework on Sion awhile ago? and it never happened so that was kind of disappointing :( I guess the demand for Sion wasn't enough seeing as he wasn't popular to begin with. XD tbh I have to agree - she's positioned awkwardly, it doesn't look right. I prefer Akali's old one because rawr spears in your face. idk it's a good splash regardless - they all have their perks. ^^ I still can't bring myself to like Shyvana's new one though, maybe I'm just bad at adapting to a splash that looks so different. :( it was the same thing with twitch when he first got VU'd but I've grown to like his new splash better :)

Yeah some of these reworks are coming by surprise, like Cass's. Although she wasn't in bad need of one this one definitely pushed her to a top tier pick. She is so strong now if you make it to late game with her new passive. Her sustain is great and overall she is actually viable now!

As for Sion, he is still getting one. Unlike Cass he is getting a full rework/VU/Splash etc. He will basically be a new champion because he is garbage in his current state. I am pretty sure though they are just taking their time on his so it isn't rushed. I assume we will see him during season 5 or so.

Also anyone try Azir? He seems like the most difficult champion thus far, but doesn't look like he is strong enough to warrant picking :s

Back