• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • And honestly, I don't care how people reacted to Vanillite. People's reactions to Emboar clearly didn't stop Game Freak from making Litten evolve into.... that thing, so it shouldn't stop them from making basically the best food Pokémon in existence, the pancake with its waffle evolution.

I don't mind the food Pokemon because I find them interesting. The Litten evolution getting bad reception rivaling Emboar is making me believe Litten will be the Alola starter no-one wants to choose, even if the starters having four potential type combinations for their final evolutions could be a thing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't mind the food Pokemon because I find them interesting. The Litten evolution getting bad reception rivaling Emboar is making me believe Litten will be the Alola starter no-one wants to choose, even if the starters having four potential type combinations for their final evolutions could be a thing.

If they have different Types but the same design, I think people will definitely take advantage of it, but not really like it... There's really only so many appropriately-feeling Types you can give to designs like these. I can't imagine Litten's evolution being anything besides Fire/Fighting or maybe Fire/Dark, and I definitely can't see Rowlett's evolution being anything other than Grass/Flying. They'd kind of need new designs to fit their new Types, I feel.

Years
  • If they have different Types but the same design, I think people will definitely take advantage of it, but not really like it... There's really only so many appropriately-feeling Types you can give to designs like these. I can't imagine Litten's evolution being anything besides Fire/Fighting or maybe Fire/Dark, and I definitely can't see Rowlett's evolution being anything other than Grass/Flying. They'd kind of need new designs to fit their new Types, I feel.

The leaked designs could be only one of their potential final forms, if the multiple final forms rumor is to be believed. Perhaps they would be the 'standard' forms that are most likely to occur and others would happen only under certain, less common circumstances.

That pokedex list though, I wouldn't mind if it were real. Some of them sound like they'd be pretty great.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The leaked designs could be only one of their potential final forms, if the multiple final forms rumor is to be believed. Perhaps they would be the 'standard' forms that are most likely to occur and others would happen only under certain, less common circumstances.

That pokedex list though, I wouldn't mind if it were real. Some of them sound like they'd be pretty great.

Yeah. If this turns out to be true, I expect design differences between forms, even if they use those names.

Years
  • If they have different Types but the same design, I think people will definitely take advantage of it, but not really like it... There's really only so many appropriately-feeling Types you can give to designs like these. I can't imagine Litten's evolution being anything besides Fire/Fighting or maybe Fire/Dark, and I definitely can't see Rowlett's evolution being anything other than Grass/Flying. They'd kind of need new designs to fit their new Types, I feel.

I think you have a point, because the leaked concept art I think fits Grass/Flying (since it'll be logical to follow Rowlet itself), Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy since heel wrestlers are known for fighting with dirty tactics and a siren is a mythical creature that can easily be associated with Fairy-type.

Anyways, we'll see if the list is fake or not come Friday.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Having a Various Typing, might be why the starters and Rockruff are said to be special and that there is a secrete about them. It looks like it might be a new feature in the games, and would match the Alolan Pokemon well.

No really a fan of the Topu typing, I am hoping those at the very least are fake. I feel that they should be forces of nature. But then again, that may be getting too much like Hoenn. But it is an odd Quad of Pokemon. And I am goign to assume that the sections with 4+ pokemon will be split evolutions.

If these are true, I am glad there is 104 non event legends, not counting event legends, which I have a feeling there will be about 5 total. That count isn't even counting the Alolan Pokemon and possibly Megas we will get.

The names sound legit to be honest. I grabbed the lists in case they are forced down, but I will not be able to post them if they are forced down. I am sure I am not the only one. I will not make the same mistake I did with the leaked anime list lol.

This is the first leak that seems to be legit to me.

If Pikipek evolves into a Grass/Flying, then I would have predicted that correctly.

As for Panquake, to me it sounds like a turtle and not a pancake. Pan may mean Pangea and quake just for a large size. Softle seems like a turtle to me, because I think there is a such thing as a Soft Shell Tortoise. These soft shell turtles are also endangered as threatened. or vulnerable in some areas of the world.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Corocoro can leak at any time now (it officially comes out in the 12th this month, and usually leaks 3-5 days prior to it's official release). It might not take long for us to comfirm/deny the dex.

Years
  • Thank you ORandAS for informing me that CoroCoro may leak soon. Probably around Tuesday or Wednesday is my guess as to when the scans may come.

Anyways, there is a lot of interesting stuff from this leak such as all the possible new type combinations and the Pokemon with the "Various" types that could suggest alternate forms that change type as well as confirming the starters and Rockruff's mentioned "secret". Some of the Pokemon also seem to fit descriptions of Pokemon that were mentioned in recent leaks but didn't appear in trailers at this point. Those included a dolphin, snowman, sea cucumber, mushroom and rugby monkey.

Some stuff to notice:
    Spoiler:

New type combinations (not counting the Various Pokemon and Pokemon officially revealed so far):
    Spoiler:

Regarding the starter evolutions, it is interesting that Grass/Ground and Water/Fighting have been brought up because those were heavily speculated for the types of Rowlet and Popplio's final evolutions based on leaked type symbols on the official Japanese website, which had the types displayed in this order based on filename: Grass, Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting.

I happened to disregard that rumor when the E3 Treehouse footage happened and Popplio's stats were shown to favor Special Attack and the defenses, and the fact Fighting-type is mainly associated with physical and not special attacks.

And regarding the island guardians, their primary types match those of Oricorio's forms and if the colors of Oricorio's forms were to go by, that means the island guardians could have the same colors - red, yellow, pink and purple. There was also a scene captured from a Japanese trailer where the protagonist had a charm hanging on their bag, and the four segments on the charm were those same colors.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure we already know of that leak, but according to the list there's a new cat Pokemon called Darline and its evolution Darwisker. That's what I believe is the cat that changes based on breeding.

Snohom and Snorror are the mentioned Ice/Ghost snowman Pokemon

We've already covered this a few pages ago, especially on the speculation on the starters and Rockruff having different final evolutions.

Sorry. I'm kinda new to this section, and I had no idea you people already knew that.
    Btw, a pancake and waffles pokémon!.. seems they are out of ideas.

Years
  • Sorry. I'm kinda new to this section, and I had no idea you people already knew that.
    Btw, a pancake and waffles pokémon!.. seems they are out of ideas.

As IcyIce pointed out, they are more likely based on a Soft Shell Tortoise which is said to be an endangered or threatened species. Given the number of 7th Gen Pokemon based on endangered animals so far, it does fit in very well since Alola is said to be a very nature-rich region.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • I happened to disregard that rumor when the E3 Treehouse footage happened and Popplio's stats were shown to favor Special Attack and the defenses, and the fact Fighting-type is mainly associated with physical and not special attacks.

What about those speculations of Popplio's evos being a Water/Fairy? High special attack and defense seem to be fit with a fairy type, right?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What about those speculations of Popplio's evos being a Water/Fairy? High special attack and defense seem to be fit with a fairy type, right?

It might still be Fairy. Most people thought it would be because it learned a Fairy Type attack, I think. It has been over a month so I can't remember 100%.

As for being out of ideas, they aren't. People say that every generation, but they end up making some amazing designs in the next generation. Not one of my favorite subjects to talk about when I can point to some lines from Kanto and say the same thing if the Kanto pokemon came out in today's time after the other generations.

There seems to be a lot of dragon pokemon which I will be a bit surprised if it becomes true. Especially after the number we got in Unova and Kalos together. But then again, Dragon has one of the lowest numbers in total pokemon of that type. Every really taken the time to look at all of the lines, but I can potentially seeing 2 Pseudo Legend Lines this Gen if the list is real.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There seems to be a lot of dragon pokemon which I will be a bit surprised if it becomes true. Especially after the number we got in Unova and Kalos together. But then again, Dragon has one of the lowest numbers in total pokemon of that type. Every really taken the time to look at all of the lines, but I can potentially seeing 2 Pseudo Legend Lines this Gen if the list is real.

There are only two Dragon lines in the Alola dex (not counting ones under the "various" types), which is really disappointing, because we need more Dragon types to prevent Gym Leaders and Elite Four members from using Pokémon that could've been another of their group's ace Pokémon. The only Dragon types who aren't used as ace Pokémon are Druddigon, Dragalgae, and Groodra, which means Dragon-oriented Gym Leaders/Elite Four members can't have a full team of Dragon types without using an ace Dragon Pokémon from another member of their group in risk of making him or her not being special.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are only two Dragon lines in the Alola dex (not counting ones under the "various" types), which is really disappointing, because we need more Dragon types to prevent Gym Leaders and Elite Four members from using Pokémon that could've been another of their group's ace Pokémon. The only Dragon types who aren't used as ace Pokémon are Druddigon, Dragalgae, and Groodra, which means Dragon-oriented Gym Leaders/Elite Four members can't have a full team of Dragon types without using an ace Dragon Pokémon from another member of their group in risk of making him or her not being special.

That is true. I was counting the one line as 2 lines.

One thing I noticed in the list, there is no possible fossil pokemon. And I am doubting this is a joint Region like Johto, which is the reason we didn't get fossil pokemon then. So I wonder why they would skip Fossil Pokemon this Gen. If I counted right, I think we have a total of 2 Rock lines. Rockruff and Minior.

I wonder if they are finally dropping the all fossil pokemon have to be part rock? Or if maybe they are skipping fossil pokemon this Generation like they did the Trio last Gen.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • One thing I noticed in the list, there is no possible fossil pokemon. And I am doubting this is a joint Region like Johto, which is the reason we didn't get fossil pokemon then. So I wonder why they would skip Fossil Pokemon this Gen. If I counted right, I think we have a total of 2 Rock lines. Rockruff and Minior.

I wonder if they are finally dropping the all fossil pokemon have to be part rock? Or if maybe they are skipping fossil pokemon this Generation like they did the Trio last Gen.

Or they're skipping fossil mons this gen because Hawaii, which Alola is based off of, has little to no fossils of prehistoric life due to the islands not existing back then, so Game Freak wants to be more authentic with Alola.

Years
  • What about those speculations of Popplio's evos being a Water/Fairy? High special attack and defense seem to be fit with a fairy type, right?

There has been a well-talked about Chinese leak that has seemed to have accurately predicted a few recent reveals, such as Salandit and no Gyms. The same leak mentions the starters' final evolutions are Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy.

One notable thing both Icy and Pinkie have pointed out is that there's a notable lack of Dragon and Rock as far as type representation in this roster goes. Aside from Drampa line there is only one other line of Dragon-types (which appears it could be a split evolution) while the only Rock-types appear to be the evolution lines of the already-known Rockruff and Minior, both of whom appear to only evolve once.

https://megapokemonxy.tumblr.com/post/148616889721/pokémon-sun-moon-starters-to-get-two-final

I've now discovered this person claiming that Litten's final evolution can also be Fire/Fighting, while Rowlet and Popplio can also get an alternate Grass/Dark and Water/Dark final evolution. They appear to be based on which version you're playing (with the Dark-type ones existing in Moon while the other ones are in Sun).

I hope this one's fake because it would screw Moon players over by having them being stuck with starters that all end up becoming Dark-types. Each starter having the same type would make them not very unique at all.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    For past reference, here's a compiled list (that I don't think anyone has posted here) someone made on Serebii Forums showing when CoroCoro has leaked in August:

2015 (the off year, squishy in xyz; more super mystery dungeon info) - 8/10
    2014 (ORAS pre-release, lots of megas & cosplay pikachus) - 8/8
    2013 (XY pre-release, first reveal of megas and some other stuff) - 8/8
    2012 (BW2 had already come out by this point, corocor just detailed stuff we already knew) - 8/9
    2011's corocoro probably leaked but had no information in it, since it's not detailed anywhere
    2010 (BW1 pre-release all kinds of stuff shown) - either 8/8 or 8/9. A lot of images are broken so I'm not sure if all the images on 8/8 were from the demo or from early corocoros
    2009 (HGSS pre-release) - partial amoutn of stuff on 8/8, a few more details on 8/9
    2008 (Platinum pre-release) - The very first bits of info were on 8/7 (no scans shown on the main site, but it sounds like it was just a small image), then some more on 8/8 and then the remnants on 8/9.
    2007 was another off year and doesn't seem like corocoro had anything relevant to pokemon, so even if it leaked no one cared
    2006 (DP pre-release) - 8/5.

The eighth seems to be the date it typically leaks, so we'll probably get leaks by tomorrow (or today depending on your time zone).

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Seeing Zinnia, Lance, Cynthia, Blue would be awesome, but I agree AZ is kinda weird
    having 3 starters with the same type is just stupid :p.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back