• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Leak 1:
    starters and Rockruff have a Z-move peculiar.Some Pokemon change form during the Z-move.
    This idea always confused me. Does the form change happen once you use the Z-Move and then stay the entire battle? If so, depending on how OP these Z-Moves are, that could lead these forms to being more powerful than Megas. I have a feeling people wouldn't want that.

But if the form change only occurs during the animation and they revert once the attack is done, it's very pointless to include. I have a hard time imagining this "Z-Move Transformation" thing will happen.

•Lylia is very important to complete the main story.
    Wow, it's almost as if the official site already told us this!

Persian dark/fairy
    Paras line grass/fairy
    Obligatory Fairy-Typing, I see. Also, what a great idea to make an all-new Grass/Fairy Mushroom Pokémon this gen, and then re-Type an older Mushroom Pokémon to that same Type! Yeah! Neat!

Onix steel
    I'm just gonna be blunt and say this doesn't sit well with me. Steelix already has a Mega, and the idea of Alolan Onix being Steelix's Type just screams "we'll give the gen 1 Pokémon the same Type as their cross-gen evos so we don't need to make Alola forms for them because we're really against giving non-gen 1 Pokémon Alola forms."

Leak 2:
    >Introducing Anabel as Battle Royal Leader, showing that you'll be able to battle online, make tournaments and all that
    Clearly riding off the riddler leak, except it would be such a slap in the face to include her in such a way after the Battle Frontier being dropped in ORAS that I actually can see it happening...

>SM demo worldwide on 28th
    The 28th of which month? September? October? Will it be one of those cases where we get the demo after the game release? Don't leave me hanging like this!

That's all
    What, just a few Alola forms, confirmation of our shattered hopes and dreams, and not even a single new Pokémon? Lame.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Obligatory Fairy-Typing, I see. Also, what a great idea to make an all-new Grass/Fairy Mushroom Pokémon this gen, and then re-Type an older Mushroom Pokémon to that same Type! Yeah! Neat!
    I'm guessing that part of the leak is riding off "Artleaka", who mentions how Alolan Paras/Parasect were infected by Morelull.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The riddler has posted some interesting stuff over the past few weeks, most of which I'm only just discovering only now. I do believe them to some degree over other leaks, but with every leak comes a hint of doubt.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I'd really like if the whole " Alola Parasect being infected by Morellul" thing was true. I've never cared about Parasect, but I love Morellul and I will love to see Alola's Parasect design to resemble a bit like Morellul.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    BMGF is Bulbagarden Forums, and this is the leak I'm talking about: https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...discussion-thread.214874/page-91#post-5939649

This will be fun.

First, this person mentions things that were revealed waay later then Solgaleo/Lunalla, which this leak also mentions.
    >First three
    Really, he could just be saying confirmed stuff. Most of this stuff is really old too.
    Most of the stuff is also just based on other leaks.
    >Hala will be one of the E4
    Unless the kahunas are the league, this is false.
    8 legendaries seems wrong, there are 7 with Solgaleo/Lunalaa, the third legend, and the 4 tapus
    >There is a pokemon more powerful then arceus
    This person has never heard of Mega Rayquaza then?
    >Merge battles
    This isn't happening :p and the tapus won't all fight together.

I think we can call this leak false.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    That contradicts another leak BMGF showed off before (the one that predicted Sandygast and said that Mimikyu and Bruxish will be standalone Pokémon)

I don't think it predicted Sandygast. It said a Pokémon "based on a shovel", and while Sandygast has a shovel, that's far from what it actually is. Besides, hadn't the riddler posted a clue for a new Pokémon that was a lump of sand+shovel? It just seems like this "leaker" took that and misinterpreted it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    This will be fun.

First, this person mentions things that were revealed waay later then Solgaleo/Lunalla, which this leak also mentions.
    >First three
    Really, he could just be saying confirmed stuff. Most of this stuff is really old too.
    Most of the stuff is also just based on other leaks.
    >Hala will be one of the E4
    Unless the kahunas are the league, this is false.
    8 legendaries seems wrong, there are 7 with Solgaleo/Lunalaa, the third legend, and the 4 tapus
    >There is a pokemon more powerful then arceus
    This person has never heard of Mega Rayquaza then?
    >Merge battles
    This isn't happening :p and the tapus won't all fight together.

I think we can call this leak false.

You're a really tough customer to be convinced, because I find this leak as believable as the Chinese leaks and Riddle leaks (also Kahunas are Alola's Elite 4).

Anyway, here's another leak for you guys:

Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That leak seems more like wishlisting than anything else. Actually putting Ash in the game? Ain't that something.

Well We have mention of Alain, making the anime canon to some degree, and sun and moon has shaken up the formula more then ever before. As well as a super intriguing and unique greninja that belongs to Ash and is only in the anime, like the Zygarde forms were. It's also seemingly connected to them, so logically it'll appear in the game. If that is in Sun and Moon then so would Ash be most likely as he triggers it.

So Ash appearing really wouldn't be to Farfetch'd when you think about it.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Assuming Sun & Moon takes place in generally the same universe as other games (maybe different timeline, but same universe nonetheless), why would you fit Ash in a game where Red already exists? For all intents and purposes, Red is a different character than Ash, but is still, to some degree, supposed to represent him despite bieng a different character altogether.

And Ash-Greninja can just be an event giveaway or something. We have no idea if it'll actually be in the game and if it is, how we'll be able to get it.

That's the thing, Ash is a different character. At first Red was like him, but over the years Ash's look has changed as has his teams and character. We wouldn't see Red fighting with Kalos Mons. Plus as brought up, they want to merge the games and anime somehow so Ash could happen. Doesn't one of the four big leaks say he is in as well? And yes Greninja could be a MG, but there's nothing stopping it from being available elsewhere. There could be a sidequest to obtain it.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    You're a really tough customer to be convinced, because I find this leak as believable as the Chinese leaks and Riddle leaks (also Kahunas are Alola's Elite 4).

Anyway, here's another leak for you guys:

Spoiler:
    Weren't the names "Dolfin" and "Snorror" from that fake Dex leak? If so, I'm definitely calling fake.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    -Lunatone and Solrock are linked with Minor (if you know what I mean)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ... Actually no I don't ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

-Ralph is a new Kahuna
    Who is Ralph?

-Kalos will be visitable in end game with an old story for Zygrade and "AZ" (like delta episode in oras).
    An "old" story? Not a new story?

-Marshadow is a Scorpion dark/poison,

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I wouldn't mind going to Kalos in the post-game. It's one of my least favourite regions so far so hopefully this is a chance for them to add more interesting features to it - even if only a small area is accessible. I also hope this game's """"delta episode"""" will feature a bit more exploration - since that's my favourite part of the games - rather than just a bunch of cutscenes.

also ew ash is a loser keep him out of the game please kthxbai

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm not really taking any leaks aside from maybe the Chinese one even semi-seriously at this point. Aside from the fact that no leak can actually agree on how we even get Ash-Greninja (the inconsistency is a red flag in itself), there's a question of whether or not it'll even be revealed before release, and as such, this results in the looming question of whether or not Ash-Greninja would just remain an anime exclusive.

And where's the evidence that Game Freak is somehow "merging" the game universe with the anime universe? They are both two distinctly different worlds no matter how you put it; the most that Game Freak can really do is put references to the anime here and there. If Ash-Greninja does turn out to be a thing, it'll probably be an event giveaway of some sort (or even a Mega) as a reference to Ash's Greninja and not much more than that.
    That's a bad position to have, although some leaks seem real besides Chinese. If Ash Greninja is in game, I see it being shown before release either tomorrow or next month.

As for evidence, we have the entire mega evolution special being cannon to some extent. As Steven talks about his Team up with Alain if you have his beldum or it's evolution on you. The anime also has been used to set up something big in Sun and Moon. Which is the cores and forms. Which will no doubt have a story purpose especially with Z moves. Which is activated through poses pretty similar to the Ash Greninja ones. So there's something they are trying to do with both here, even if it's not outright confirmed.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ... Actually no I don't ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

Who is Ralph?

An "old" story? Not a new story?

Well that last one must be real! After all we have Mega Pyroar and Mega Crobat as the mascots!
    :p

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    uh that doesn't really follow?
    using the anime to setup concepts and ideas that will appear in the games = merging the universes?
    i don't see how they could ever be merged imo. and i like them separate. that way i can ignore the anime.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Yep, Ash is gonna be in the game guys, obviously, as he's the one who stopped Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma/Flare, not the main characters from the games. I can see them mentioning other characters as it doesn't really mess with the flow of the game at all, like Alain can exist as his own Game counterpart as he doesn't affect much, like he's part of Team Flare sure but he doesn't play a big role I don't think. How would a game version of Ash work? It just wouldn't.

Also I feel like Ash-Greninja would be a major selling point for the game, so if they didn't decide to show it if it's in the game pre-launch that would be very odd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I don't see how it's a bad position to have. Explain? I feel it's normal to be skeptical of pretty much every leak out there. It's pretty much a rule of thumb when it comes to pre-release speculation of every Pokemon game that if it isn't confirmed, you should always treat it with a grain of salt.

Sure, some leaks are worth discussing a bit more than others, and those same leaks sometimes might get some things right here and there, but I've found that most of them are basically nothing but glorified guesses of what might happen, and not actually indicative in the slightest of what's going to happen.

But I don't see that as evidence they're merging the two together, though. The general direction of the games will always remain separate from the anime, even if there are features that the games have that the anime adopts later on (which seems to be the case, anyway). And I understand the Alain reference, but it's as I said before: all Game Freak can really do is make references, not outright change the games to follow the anime exactly, which would be kind of silly, imo.

Sure, I'll give you this: there are characters in the games that are in the anime, that's a given. But none of this is actually proof that Game Freak is merging the games' universe with the anime canon whatsoever. It's just difficult for me to wrap my mind around Game Freak making a blatant shoehorn of Ash in the games. For one thing, why didn't they do this before? Game Freak had a perfect opportunity to create Ash way back even in Gen III; they could've made him show up in Pallet Town! But that didn't turn out to be the case, because "Ash" in this case, or rather, the game's canon of Ash is Red (even if they are two different characters, you dont see Blue and Gary running around and they're two different characters), therefore rendering any inclusion of the anime's version of Ash completely redundant.

Sorry, meant to type not a bad position to have. Didn't catch that! And yeah, there is no definite proof that the games are trying to take more from the anime. However it isn't impossible. Having Ash could still be a minor cameo. After all we have now way of knowing how'd he be implemented. As for why not do it in the past, who honestly knows. Gamefreak does some strange things. Maybe now with the anniversary and timing, they thought this would be a good moment to do so. Either way, we will see soon enough, either from tomorrow's news or when the games release in to months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back