• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    less then 100 is disappointing, but at the same time, 90 is 20 more then XY. Plus each pokemon has been really well designed imo this gen and great gimmicks. Plus all the other features may make up for it. We could also get maybe 7-10 legends as well.

4 guardians, lunala, solgleo, marshadow, perhaps a master guardian, and if ultra beasts are catch able, they'll certainly be legendaries.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The Riddler has made a new post acknowledging the speculation on Lunala's national dex number and has also stated that he didn't delete his post on the riddle. You can find it here:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/3773780366?pn=15

The post number can be found above the comments of each post.

It contains a lot of content showing the type proportions and reveal percentages of each generation, as well as this particular part: the size of the resized image in that post is 580x240, 580+240=820. This could mean that 820 is Lunala's actual dex number, so we may have our 100+ new Pokémon after all.

Years
  • I guess another thing to take into consideration is the number of day/night formes.

So...Lugarugan (2 forms), Wishiwashi (2 formes) and Oricorio (4 forms) are confirmed to have the same slot and name, but essentially it has two completely distinct pokemon. Sure, maybe in some cases the BST are the same, but for me, the personalities and characters are much different. Moreover, these various formes also have completely different typings and drastically different appearances which could warrant its own dex entry. I mean, in Wishiwashi's case most would have guess if just shown images, that it's single forme is a pre-evolution. So, we should can basically add 5 more to the total of new pokemon. (8 formes - 3 pokedex slots = +5 onto the official pokedex total).

Like Florges, I would not go as far to include Minior as really contributing to the dex, but at least it is fun to see different color variants. I do think that the following have a strong chance of having different formes:

Day and Night:
    Rowlet final evo (+1 to the dex) This has been heavily speculated especially after Rockruff's split form evolution was revealed.
    Litten final evo (+1 to the dex) This has been heavily speculated especially after Rockruff's split form evolution was revealed.
    Popplio final evo (+1 to the dex) This has been heavily speculated especially after Rockruff's split form evolution was revealed.
    Komala final evo (+1 to the dex) I have yet to hear ANY speculation, but I personally think the very fact that it is sleeping would be an indication that it might behave and battle differently if it is night or day time.

Salandit and it's evolution (+2) - The dex entry explicitly notes that females Salandit have the ability to attract males with their pheromones. I'd expect this form to have a purple and red palette.
    Why it could have a gendered form:
    Spoiler:

There could also be more pokemon like Oricorio with variation based on the islands. If so, that would effectually add 3 more pokemon to the roster.

From the pokemon we know so far, we can for sure add 5 to the total of 90 to get 95. Though, I am guessing we could also get 6 more based on other already known pokemon ~101. There could be other new formes for other pokemon yet to be revealed. Especially since the credible leak states that their will be a kitten pokemon with the ability to breed it into any secondary typing. Though, it could be fake information purposely peppered into an otherwise legit leak OR these forms might be like Minior, a simple change in color.

Just watch, GF will blow our minds and reveal that the pokemon thus far revealed are actually just one of two forms, night or day. Both versions have completely different pokemon available. Heh, that would actually be amazing, more pokemon two different adventures and avoiding bloating the already GIANT total of pokemon in the series. Don't worry, I am not crazy, I don't think this has any chance of being real.

Pokemon that have distinct appearances that could almost warrant them a dex entry of their own like Nidoking and Nidoqueen. They must have different faces, shape, and basically completely different models/sprites.

Gen 1 through Gen 3
    Nothing

Gen 4
    Rotom- (same core concept of possessed objects, but each object is distinct)

Gen 5
    Frillish/Jellicent (same concept with different gender, with entirely different shapes)

Gen 6
    Pyroar (same concept with different gender, with entirely different shapes)
    Meowstic (same concept with different gender, with entirely different shapes)

Gen 7
    Oricorio (entirely different conceptual designs based off dance styles)
    Wishiwashi (entirely different concepts of singularity vs multiplicity)
    Rugarugan (entirely different personalities and concepts, wolf vs werewolf)
    (Starters???)

Comparing the generations, barring MAYBE rotom, which could have been an eevee-like pokemon, generation 7 formes are completely different conceptual designs and other formes tend to not have much conceptual difference. Though, all of these listed above have completely different models/sprites generation 7 forms seem to be distinct conceptually with a unifying theme between/among their distinct concepts.

These are on the fringe Fringe:
    Spoiler:

I took out pokemon:

- that only temporarily transform between different formes in battle. (Cherrim, Darmatian, Castform, Aegislash)
    - with minor changes to shape. (Pichu and pikachu)
    - with minor form differences in size. (Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist)
    - with minor color/pattern differences. (Gastrodon, Basculine, Deeling, Sawsbuck, and Vivillion)
    - with change of outfits (Furfrou and Cosplay Pika)
    - with stupid differences (unown, sorry, but I will forever hate you unown)
    - legendaries.

Basically, I don't think we should be too disappointed if the official number is 90, when it is clearly the case that the whole theme is biodiversity and variant niches. I'd say this is a smart way to approach the issue of lowering the total dex number while giving us the same degree of diversity of new capturable pokemon.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • ......I just came to a horrible realization. The "impressive battle facility" the backpacker in XY mentioned, is likely the battle royal dome. God dammit, if we do see Anabel as the leader of that building I'm gonna cry.

Years
  • ......I just came to a horrible realization. The "impressive battle facility" the backpacker in XY mentioned, is likely the battle royal dome. God dammit, if we do see Anabel as the leader of that building I'm gonna cry.

I think someone posted a screenshot of that facility from the trailer and it had the Battle Royal logo on it (the four different-colored fists) so it's very likely the place where Battle Royals are held instead of being a typical post-game battle facility.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Some people thought the vague connection for Anabel was the announcement of the Snorlax event with the Z-move. I don't remember if the riddler uploaded before or after, but it doesn't really seem likely that Anabel would foreshadow this just because she used Snorlax on her team. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we do get some sort of Battle Facility that is similar to that of Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    It's not even a matter of whether or not it's the Battle Royal facility though (it most likely is, but still); it's the importance of the Anabel photo that the Riddler put up, which can mean anything from the Battle Frontier making a possible return (really doubt it, not getting my hopes up, here) to just Anabel making a return in the games as some sort of cameo, possibly having some importance or another in the games.
    If the Battle Frontier were going to return this would be the game to do it. Scott's original design looks very much like a touristy Hawaiian shirt so it'd make a lot of sense if it was because he was hanging out in Alola.

Still, I'm with you on being skeptical about the return of the Frontier. I trusted it'd return for ORAS and that was apparently trust misplaced.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Let's straighten this out. Battle Royal Dome is dedicate to Battle Royal. Your forgetting something important. There has to be a Battle Tower clone in the game. All games have at least one AI facility.

In ORAS, there are numerous references hinting to the Battle Frontier. One was about Brandon that was placed at the Volcanion event scheduled to be seen 4 months before Sun and Moon.

Now the question is, why not place the AI facility where the Battle Royal Dome is and make Battle Royal a mode inside it. Hmmmm why didn't they do that?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A small Pokedex doesn't correlate to a better quality in Pokemon though... and I'm not even sure why one would draw that conclusion. There's going to be Pokemon that suck competitively in every generation--big Pokedex or small Pokedex--and for the sake of variety and diversity, I'd rather have the former than the latter.

Quality over quantity seems like an empty argument to me. The kind of thing people say just to feel better about the situation. At least in regards to new Pokemon anyway.

Saying that generations that introduced smaller numbers of Pokemon somehow had better designs overall is very subjective and not something I agree with.

All of that said though. I suppose we have to consider that some Pokemon have different designs (forms) and typings even if they share the same pokedex slot. For example Lugarugan and Oricorio. While I wouldn't consider them new Pokemon, they are fairly different designs....so that's one positive to take into account.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Found this --

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    None yet, so far. Although personally, I'd be more concerned with what's going to be shown tomorrow. Hopefully more news than we've got last week, that's for sure! I'm kinda excited for it, but not too much to get my hopes high enough to be crused in case of an underwhelming reveal.

I was really hyped for last week's news, and that's why I'm keeping my hopes low..
    I have a feeling that even if we DO get a significant amount of information, it's just gonna be about UB's, which aren't so appealing to me

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm still holding onto hope that tomorrow's trailer will reveal the starter evolutions. iirc it is around this time of the year, or rather from the release date when they tend to announce them. Idk, after the previous news instalment, it's hard to say what they have planned. :x

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting, but I'm hoping for new Pokemon/new Alola forms, like we've been getting in the past before all of the stuff about the Ultra Beasts.

I think its been a while since we got news regarding new Pokemon/characters/Alola forms etc.
    I would love to hear more about it

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm still holding onto hope that tomorrow's trailer will reveal the starter evolutions. iirc it is around this time of the year, or rather from the release date when they tend to announce them. Idk, after the previous news instalment, it's hard to say what they have planned. :x

or Atleast update Lugarugan on the official site.
    Coro Coro still haven't reveal Rockruff and Starter's secret.

Years
  • I'm still holding onto hope that tomorrow's trailer will reveal the starter evolutions. iirc it is around this time of the year, or rather from the release date when they tend to announce them. Idk, after the previous news instalment, it's hard to say what they have planned. :x

While I do understand those who want the starters' middle evolutions (since September was the month we had Servine/Pignite/Dewott and Quilladin/Braixen/Frogadier revealed) I feel that Lugarugan might get revealed for international audiences since it was a CoroCoro exclusive that was left out of last week's trailer. Most CoroCoro exclusives usually get held off from international trailer release until at least a week later.

If we don't get the starter evolutions today, we'll bet the reveal of them to be at least October. If Lugarugan gets shown, hopefully we'll get its forms' types and abilities, and also maybe clarification on the "time of day" vs "version exclusive" confusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back