• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Feel like Dark Rattata is too much of an easy guess. If it was an actual leak they'd have known it was Dark/Normal.

Unless Raticate itself is pure Dark and they just assumed. But eh.

Years
  • Feel like Dark Rattata is too much of an easy guess. If it was an actual leak they'd have known it was Dark/Normal.

I feel Alolan Raticate will be Dark/Normal as well, since most evolutions of a dual-typed Pokemon tend to retain said typing. I know Bellossom lost the Poison-type from the rest of its evolution line, but I'm definitely safely assuming Raticate will stay Dark/Normal in the Alola Form.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Feel like Dark Rattata is too much of an easy guess. If it was an actual leak they'd have known it was Dark/Normal.

Not an easy guess at all especially since it came out way before alolan forms were announced

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Yeah I don't buy the leak with the off Alola typings. Seems like they just got a lucky guess, Fire/Fairy vs Ice/Fairy is a pretty huge difference, and they missed the normal typing on Alolan Rattata... If you're going to do alternate typings, dark seems logical for Rattata.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • It was part two of the Chinese leak (the one where it leaked Bewear and Mimikyu's English names). The Rattata line retaining its Normal typing in addition to being part Dark has made me hope that the rumored Alolan Abra line happens to be Psychic/Fighting.

I had the same thought to be honest, even though we already have a good amount of Psychic/Fighting Pokemon. But STAB on Psycho Cut would be great.

Come ooooon show me Pink Psychic/Bug Butterfree! and the Nidos (don't make them lose the colour difference like Mega Lati@s)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I mean yeah Rattata is logical, but with Vulpix and the whole fire vs ice, he could've very well just heard "fairy" and assumed fire, since the ice reveal was strange to hear.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Yeah I don't buy the leak with the off Alola typings. Seems like they just got a lucky guess, Fire/Fairy vs Ice/Fairy is a pretty huge difference, and they missed the normal typing on Alolan Rattata... If you're going to do alternate typings, dark seems logical for Rattata.

Not really if you saw alolan ninetails and was told it gained the fairy typing would you think it gained the ice type? I see the ice features now because I know it's ice but if I just seen a pic I would guess fire fairy as well

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yeah I don't buy the leak with the off Alola typings. Seems like they just got a lucky guess, Fire/Fairy vs Ice/Fairy is a pretty huge difference, and they missed the normal typing on Alolan Rattata... If you're going to do alternate typings, dark seems logical for Rattata.
    It got other things right, though, like Oricorio, the concept of Alolan forms, Bewear's name, etc. It just seems to be inaccurate when it comes to Alola forms.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Not really if you saw alolan ninetails and was told it gained the fairy typing would you think it gained the ice type? I see the ice features now because I know it's ice but if I just seen a pic I would guess fire fairy as well

Definitely not, I immediately think ice.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Really when thinking up an alternate typed Rattata I'd say it's a split decision between dark typing and poison typing. I don't think it's that obvious.

I think it's possible this chinese leaker was going off memory or maybe he heard about it from someone else and some information got mixed up along the way.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Really when thinking up an alternate typed Rattata I'd say it's a split decision between dark typing and poison typing. I don't think it's that obvious.

I think it's possible this chinese leaker was going off memory or maybe he heard about it from someone else and some information got mixed up along the way.
    Did you mean the Bewear leaker?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Not really if you saw alolan ninetails and was told it gained the fairy typing would you think it gained the ice type? I see the ice features now because I know it's ice but if I just seen a pic I would guess fire fairy as well

If I had a wild guess though, ice would be one of my first guesses. based on other information, our minds are designed to change the guess.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Not sure why everyone is trying to justify whether or not this leak is legit or not, tbh I think it's pretty on point. They did get the Oricicocioocioiroi stuff right, and Mimikkyu and Beware's names, and did get Alola forms right (excluding correct types), but even with the types they've been pretty accurate, just missing something for both times.

I get people saying that ice and fire is a big difference, but we don't actually know what information they're getting. Maybe they're getting it direct, maybe it's from an inside source, maybe it's from a source of a source? There's numerous reasons for it to get lost in translation and make a mistake. They also say on the thread that they don't want to "compromise their source" so maybe they're purposely messing up the types to avoid that?

I mean it could totally just be a coincidence, but so far their information has been pretty spot on.

Years
  • Not sure why everyone is trying to justify whether or not this leak is legit or not, tbh I think it's pretty on point. They did get the Oricicocioocioiroi stuff right, and Mimikkyu and Beware's names, and did get Alola forms right (excluding correct types), but even with the types they've been pretty accurate, just missing something for both times.

I get people saying that ice and fire is a big difference, but we don't actually know what information they're getting. Maybe they're getting it direct, maybe it's from an inside source, maybe it's from a source of a source? There's numerous reasons for it to get lost in translation and make a mistake. They also say on the thread that they don't want to "compromise their source" so maybe they're purposely messing up the types to avoid that?

I mean it could totally just be a coincidence, but so far their information has been pretty spot on.

I wouldn't consider listing a huge number of Pokemon and 2-3 of them happening to be right being spot on, especially when the types they said werent accurate

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    If Alola doesn't have Gym leaders and Champion but why did the Alolan tourist said something about their champion in XY.

souvenir-jpg.65357

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If Alola doesn't have Gym leaders and Champion but why did the Alolan tourist said something about their champion in XY.

souvenir-jpg.65357

I think you're jumping the gun a little. We haven't even heard anything about the elite four or champion yet.

Just because gym leaders may have been replaced doesn't mean there won't be a champion or somebody who's the most powerful trainer in Alola that you'll face off against at the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back