• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Wimpod being the new Magikarp/Feebas

Spoiler:

It was something like "Some of the Pokémon you met in GO can be found with new forms."

I guess that makes the leak a bit more credible then!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Where's Rivvon and her funny leak analysis?
    Here I am!

Hi /vp/, I'm working at the translation team for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon,
    -> Alola Forms are, as most of you expected, Pokémon from Gen 1. You can get them both from GO, or from transferring through Bank. These will evolve to their regular forms.
    For someone working as a translator, your grasp of the English language is not as strong as it should be. Who is "them" we are getting from both GO and Bank transfer? The implication is Alola Forms because that's the subject of the previous sentence. But then you go on to say they evolve into their regular forms. It does not make sense for people to transfer original-form Pokémon from Bank and GO to turn up as Alola forms in gen 7 which the proceed to evolve back into their regular forms.

But I'll give you a thumbs-up for putting the accent-e in "Pokémon."

-> One of the unrevealed Alola Forms is Muk, who becomes a pure Water type, based on purifying the waste it's made of. A part of a trial is based on this idea, which makes you play a mini-game to transform a regular Muk into an Alolan Muk. The Muk is given to you by the Trial Captain, and you get to keep it.
    Ew no you can keep it man.

-> Solgaleo and Lunala have exclusive Z-Moves, they are called "Dawn of the Sun" and "Dusk Bringer", and the Aether Foundation is interested in them.
    I'm interested in them, too. Rivvon confirmed for Team Aether.

-> Synchro is in the game, but not like Ash-Greninja. It's a bit more complex than that, and an important plot point.
    mqdefault.jpg

-> Both the Aether Foundation and Team Skull are the bad guys, but on the post-game, Aether Foundation truly becomes a good organization.
    b831dde8684c3db53ae2b604a409aa24.png

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I guess that makes the leak a bit more credible then!

How would that make it credible?

It implies that the whole point of Go is so that gen one Alola forms can sell the games. Not transfer them. It sort of like:

"Hey you like these pokemon? Good go buy sun and moon and catch different forms of them to be a true master!"

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Found more spoilers

...Leaker
    09/14/16(Wed)17:40:54 No.28525373
    62 KB
    62 KB JPG
    Ok guys I'm gonna give you guys some leaks here. I was a fan of Pokemon way before I was brought in to work for the Pokemon company so I knew of sites like pokecommunity. While I've heard of 4chan I've never been on the site until word around the office was that some doofus leaked the final starter evolutions. But anyways here's some leaks.
    1. The Aether Foundation aren't villains per say. Towards the 3rd act of the game you do come in conflict with them but that stops after the Ultra Beasts come into play
    2. So notice how I said act 3, well there are actually 7 acts in the game. This game is actually pretty long guys and I'll explain why in further points.
    3. There isn't really a post game like you guys are used to. This is because you don't finish the main story before you finish the Pokemon league.
    4. Yes you heard me correctly I did say Pokemon league because after you finish the trials you are charged with building a traditional league. I'll explain how this works
    5. You guys were actually right about something with their being a trial captain for each type. 16 trial captains, ya boy Guzma and president Lusamine holds two of the type crystals.
    6. So out of 18 characters that hold the 18 Z crystals you can choose 7 of them to be traditional gym leaders. So therefore everyone's league will never look the same. I also only say 7 gym leaders because as part of the story ya boi becomes the 8th gym leader.
    7. There are 4 island Kahunas, but 2 out of the 4 are different depending on which version you choose. All the Kahunas are "elderly".
    ...Leaker
    09/14/16(Wed)17:41:30 No.28525396
    8. I think I got away from myself, let me break down how the story will go with the least amount of spoilers
    "Act one" will have you move from Kanto to Ilima town. Your main character and his parents( yes I say parents meaning you have a dad :) ) are actually from..... Pallet Town.
    Act 2 has you go up against team skull
    Act 3 has you go up against team skull and the foundation
    Act 4 brings in ultra beast 01-06
    Act 5 have you seeking out your box legendary and the complete the alola league
    Act 6 has you go up against Ultra beast 07-12 in "their" dimension on various islands
    Act 7 has you build the league and conquer it( meaning get the badges and beat the elite four) then face off against the final boss Ultra Beast 13.
    9. So the Alola trial league doesn't have an elite 4 only 1 last trial which is pretty much a victory road type area with 4 Totem Pokemon. But the trial league does have a champion who you have a traditional battle with. Are you ready.......
    10. ITS MOTHERFUCKING ALOLAN Blue! ( his name is Green in the English version) he looks just like blue but darker, and he's older than his Kanto cousin. He's a man rather than a boy.
    Even tho I said a lot of things in this post I haven't spoiled the story too much. I like this game a lot because it feels more like a RPG story wise. It's very lore based and a lot of characters do return and I do mean a lot.
    Post game doesn't have a normal battle frontier but rather a world festival with different attractions everyday.
    I can't wait for you guys to experience this game November 18th :)

P.S. There's a certain Pokemon I didn't mention because it's actually a secret side quest but you guys already know it's name but not its type lol

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    How would that make it credible?

It implies that the whole point of Go is so that gen one Alola forms can sell the games. Not transfer them. It sort of like:

"Hey you like these pokemon? Good go buy sun and moon and catch different forms of them to be a true master!"
    The leak says something about regional variants in go, and if I understand correctly it was confirmed (although maybe not, and if it is confirmed its gonna be a while.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Found more spoilers

...Leaker
    09/14/16(Wed)17:40:54 No.28525373
    62 KB
    62 KB JPG
    Ok guys I'm gonna give you guys some leaks here. I was a fan of Pokemon way before I was brought in to work for the Pokemon company so I knew of sites like pokecommunity. While I've heard of 4chan I've never been on the site until word around the office was that some doofus leaked the final starter evolutions. But anyways here's some leaks.
    1. The Aether Foundation aren't villains per say. Towards the 3rd act of the game you do come in conflict with them but that stops after the Ultra Beasts come into play
    2. So notice how I said act 3, well there are actually 7 acts in the game. This game is actually pretty long guys and I'll explain why in further points.
    3. There isn't really a post game like you guys are used to. This is because you don't finish the main story before you finish the Pokemon league.
    4. Yes you heard me correctly I did say Pokemon league because after you finish the trials you are charged with building a traditional league. I'll explain how this works
    5. You guys were actually right about something with their being a trial captain for each type. 16 trial captains, ya boy Guzma and president Lusamine holds two of the type crystals.
    6. So out of 18 characters that hold the 18 Z crystals you can choose 7 of them to be traditional gym leaders. So therefore everyone's league will never look the same. I also only say 7 gym leaders because as part of the story ya boi becomes the 8th gym leader.
    7. There are 4 island Kahunas, but 2 out of the 4 are different depending on which version you choose. All the Kahunas are "elderly".
    ...Leaker
    09/14/16(Wed)17:41:30 No.28525396
    8. I think I got away from myself, let me break down how the story will go with the least amount of spoilers
    "Act one" will have you move from Kanto to Ilima town. Your main character and his parents( yes I say parents meaning you have a dad :) ) are actually from..... Pallet Town.
    Act 2 has you go up against team skull
    Act 3 has you go up against team skull and the foundation
    Act 4 brings in ultra beast 01-06
    Act 5 have you seeking out your box legendary and the complete the alola league
    Act 6 has you go up against Ultra beast 07-12 in "their" dimension on various islands
    Act 7 has you build the league and conquer it( meaning get the badges and beat the elite four) then face off against the final boss Ultra Beast 13.
    9. So the Alola trial league doesn't have an elite 4 only 1 last trial which is pretty much a victory road type area with 4 Totem Pokemon. But the trial league does have a champion who you have a traditional battle with. Are you ready.......
    10. ITS MOTHER****ING ALOLAN Blue! ( his name is Green in the English version) he looks just like blue but darker, and he's older than his Kanto cousin. He's a man rather than a boy.
    Even tho I said a lot of things in this post I haven't spoiled the story too much. I like this game a lot because it feels more like a RPG story wise. It's very lore based and a lot of characters do return and I do mean a lot.
    Post game doesn't have a normal battle frontier but rather a world festival with different attractions everyday.
    I can't wait for you guys to experience this game November 18th :)

P.S. There's a certain Pokemon I didn't mention because it's actually a secret side quest but you guys already know it's name but not its type lol

I burst out laughing at the Alolan Blue information. Now I wish that was actually true, as it'll be an excellent callback to the original Blue. Speaking of callbacks, Guzma as the 8th gym leader also sounds like a callback to Giovanni.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The leak says something about regional variants in go, and if I understand correctly it was confirmed (although maybe not, and if it is confirmed its gonna be a while.

Oh, I see. I don't know if that's confirmed though. The go page in corocor just says you can catch the same pokemon with new looks in Sun and Moon.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Which leaks were the ones that this person leaked? I don't know the name so I don't remember.
    He was the guy who kept posting the sketches of supposed new Pokémon and Alola forms, including the starter mid-evos, water running Arcanine, "purified" Fire Weezing, and "purified" Ground Muk, among other things.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Which leaks were the ones that this person leaked? I don't know the name so I don't remember.

Spoiler:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I read through most of that, it would be the biggest troll in the world if both Litten forms end up being Bipedal (assuming the starters have the same deal Rockruff does). But what's funnier is seeing people's pure rage at that idea. I love Rowlet and Popplio's evolutions, so it's not the end of the world if I don't like the other Litten (of which, I don't entirely hate this Litten evolution).

Johto starters are the only new Megas

Right. Okay.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    He says those leaked evos for the starters are from Moon version and that they are split between Sun & Moon version to buy the 2 games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back