• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • And comes another leak:

Spoiler:

Years
  • If those starter final evolutions in the concept art are the Sun forms, I'll be pissed, especially if Popplio becomes a Water/Fighting strongman. I don't have anything against starter final evolutions being part-Fighting, but I am someone who's a little bored of them.

I was planning Moon as my main version because I love Lunala, Midnight Lycanroc, Oranguru and time differences but if Popplio becomes ugly I may have to either join the popular side (aka Team Rowlet) or just play Sun instead, because my wi-fi can't connect to the GTS.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years

• 1. Strange names for the starters final evolution. And honestly the leaked final evolutions if they are version exclusives the 3 of them morelikely to be Moon exclusive (mermaid on Sun and strongman on Moon??)

2. "Aether Foundation is evil" is basically everyone's wish right now

3. Ultra Beasts have 3 types? UB-00 typeless and all moves super effective on opponent? I thought GF make Pokemon game franchise more easy, definitely not harder, this is way beyond DPPt difficulty (by far the most difficult generation for me is DPPt)

4. Building a League is also everyone's wish, seems riding on other leak as well

5. Hau/Gladion as Champions? Seems dissapointing. We rather have EDGY champion so that we'll feel more accomplish so it feels like Pkmn Sun players will be less satisfying

Overall I like the idea of UBs but I don't think GF will raise the difficulty anyhow

Years
  • 3. Ultra Beasts have 3 types? UB-00 typeless and all moves super effective on opponent? I thought GF make Pokemon game franchise more easy, definitely not harder, this is way beyond DPPt difficulty (by far the most difficult generation for me is DPPt)

Ultra Beast moves all being super effective against you? That so reminds me of Shadow moves from XD.

Also, I feel making Ultra Beasts always have a type advantage against you is just making the games way too difficult since there has been a lot of focus on making the games newcomer-friendly so this leak contradicts that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Pretty sure it is confirmed that there is only 4 Totem Pokemon, not counting version exclusives. I call it fake. Especially by the way it started.

The site says after you finish all of the trials on an island, you will face the totem pokemon and then the Kahuna.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am calling the leak fake. Having my planned main version Moon get an ugly Popplio evolution would stink, and there's a lot of conflicting claims there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So I borrowed John Gamefreak's laptop the other day on my trip to Tokyo and found some ****, call it fake all you want I don't give a ****
    How dare you??! John Gamefreak, you're not even half the man Antonio Refreshment was!!

>one of the final battles in the game is a three-way battle between the player character, Guzma, and Lusamine, similar to the new Battke Royale mode
    "Similar to" but not a actually the Battke Royale. Gotcha.

>If you don't meet these requirements then the game just ends on a fight with Solgaleo or Lunala
    I don't think that John Gamefreak would make it so it's possible for players to miss the real final boss battle.

>UB-00 is essentially the true mascot of S/M, Solgaleo and Lunala are just emissaries
    Everytime someone says they're emissaries I always think of this guy:
    Spoiler:

>The champion is either Hau (Sun) or Gladion (Moon)
    No, John Gamefreak. You cannot add one reasonable thing to the end of your absurd leak in an attempt to sway me over. Antonio Refreshment is the only one for me...

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • http://mattfgnuu.tumblr.com/post/150723989559/the-starters-and-rockruff-do-not-share-a-secret

This Tumblr user claims that the so-called "secret" shared between Rockruff and the Alola Starters might not actually be a thing after all, due to what he says is a mistranslation. Guess I may not have to get my worry up about a potentially ugly split evolution if this is the case.

Interesting claim, I'm hoping it's true/accurate tbh. Split evolutions for starters would be cool but I would struggle with the decision hahaha because you wouldn't just have to choose between starters but your choice in game would also affect the starter @_@.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    http://mattfgnuu.tumblr.com/post/150723989559/the-starters-and-rockruff-do-not-share-a-secret

This Tumblr user claims that the so-called "secret" shared between Rockruff and the Alola Starters might not actually be a thing after all, due to what he says is a mistranslation. Guess I may not have to get my worry up about a potentially ugly split evolution if this is the case.

But they do have a secret. If it's not the same as Rockruff's, what could it be? More and more gen 1 Pokémon are getting species-exclusive Z-Moves; even if the starters were the only non-gen 1 Pokémon to get their own, it's not really all that unique to them, not enough to consider it a "secret" in that sense. Version-exclusive evolutions are legitimately new and would be big enough to be considered a "secret," I'd argue.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Look at the whole post, they do share the same secret. Scroll down a little and you'll see

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well those last two 'leak's sound fake.

Though, I did speculate that Popplio will evolve into a strongman early on...so I am kind of hoping that that one becomes true ( coincidentally of course)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The starters do have a secret as stated. It just might not be rockruff's.

As in coro coro they also said rockruff's forms where version exclusive as well as night or day exclusive. People thought the version part was mis translated, but it was the night and day part instead that was wrong. So we could see the same thing with the starters.

And that new leak makes a lot of sense, and has research put into those names, so I'll give it that. I don't buy it though. The biggest flag is the UB Sun and UB Moon being the true mascots of the game for me.

Years
  • The starters do have a secret as stated. It just might not be rockruff's.

As in coro coro they also said rockruff's forms where version exclusive as well as night or day exclusive. People thought the version part was mis translated, but it was the night and day part instead that was wrong. So we could see the same thing with the starters.

And that new leak makes a lot of sense, and has research put into those names, so I'll give it that. I don't buy it though. The biggest flag is the UB Sun and UB Moon being the true mascots of the game for me.

Actually I don't think that the day and night thing was a mistranslation either. The official site says that Rockruff evolves to it's forms depending on whether the Sun or the Moon is influencing it. It sounds like the power of the Solgaleo is so great that even if it's night Rockruff still evolves into Midday form in Sun at night. Likewise for Rockruff Midnight forme with Lunala, even during the day. I can see it being able to evolve depending on the time of day in future versions, but for SM it depends on the mascot.

Years
  • I find the last video about new versions exclusive should teach us one thing: appareance does not matter much in Alola.
    Both versions of that dog thing seems to be everything but just plain rock.
    I am thinking like this cause rly don't want to get fire/fight combination on a starter again...

Years
  • I find the last video about new versions exclusive should teach us one thing: appareance does not matter much in Alola.
    I am thinking like this cause rly don't want to get fire/fight combination on a starter again...

Well the rumor is that Litten's final evolution is Fire/DARK despite looking like a fighting type...so yeah.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

Ignoring the fact that both forms have different secondary abilities and will have different movepools.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back