• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite pokemon

Years
  • The ultra beasts are pretty bad, but Buzzwole is the worst of them. Even Guzzlord has a certain consistency throughout the design, but Buzzwole is just a bunch of nonsense glued together.

Turtonator is also pretty atrocious looking.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's a tie between Crabominable and creepypasta Toad Shiinotic.

The ultra beasts are pretty bad, but Buzzwole is the worst of them. Even Guzzlord has a certain consistency throughout the design, but Buzzwole is just a bunch of nonsense glued together.

Hey, don't talk crud about muh JoJo Reference!

pkmin3033

If I'm only allowed to pick one...Type: Null. It's like a fusion sprite by someone who just took half a dozen Pokemon and threw them together in Paint and then forgot to smooth it out and make sure it actually looked like something before they labelled it as finished. Yes, I know the mish-mashed appearance is part of the point. That doesn't change the fact that I dislike it immensely and I think it's a poorly designed pile of garbage that looks like the worst sort of Fakemon.

The name is terrible, too. The UBs I could forgive, since they were codenames and they were given proper names...Type: Null isn't even a proper name. We've had manufactured Pokemon before and they've always had proper names. I'm not accepting the "but it was artificially created" as an excuse.

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Gumshoos, Bewear, Bruxish, all UBs. I love Rockruff and Lycanroc (midday form) but I'm not a fan of the midnight evolution, it looks like a coked-up Crash Bandicoot. :/

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Mimikyu. I can't stand it. Why does it have to be a thing? I normally like all fairy pokemon but this one I absolutely detest. It's creepy and up there with the houndoom and hydreigon lines as my absolute least favourite. It might not be as abhorrent in design as those pokemon, but the fact that it can speak just exacerbates its already creepy appearance and lore.

I also don't like the Ultra Beasts and really hope they never make a come back, but I doubt that will be the case since they have Pokedex numbers. I know they're meant to be from another dimension but they just look so wrong in the Pokemon universe. I refuse to use them in game and in the competitive field and I'd like to see them drop out of competitive very soon. I'll admit they were a fantastic plot premise for the games and also for fanfiction, but they would make no sense to exist in another pokemon game unless they all have ultra wormholes from here on out.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Oricorio - I haven't really found something to like it. The concept of different forms has been done before and this one is certainly not one of my favorites.
    Type: Null - it's concept is really interesting, but I just do not like incredibly mashed design.
    Bruxish - Overcolored and the lips/mouth and eyelash do not do me favours. Just a terrible design overall.

Also not a fan of Ultra Beasts. The idea is interesting and I get that design is alien, but it's not for me and neither for Pokémon, to be hoenst.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • For me, it's the Yungoos line.
    Pokémon games have long offered boring normal-type monsters early on, and the aforesaid pokemon is no exception. Its base attacks don't provide anything that can't be paired with elemental typing in another party member, and its IV stats are among the lowest in the entirety ofSun And Moon.
    That'd be fine if Yungoos evolved into something great, but Gumshoos essentially falls into the same weaknesses when matched against more powerful foes. These two are just containers for basic attacks, and that makes them worthy of being the worst. This useless beast is also clearly a parody of a certain divisive U.S. president, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    I am not a huge fan of Oricorio. It has little functionality and looks ugly.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really "hate" any of them...

but I'll say Togedemaru because I don't feel like it adds anything new to the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • One of them is Crabominable. It looks kind of derpy, even though I understand what Game Freak went for in the design. It's only obtainable at the very end of the main storyline and is very slow and frail.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    The Yungoos line is my absolute least favorite evolution line introduced in SM.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Honestly suprised so many people hate the ultra beasts :/ Sure, there were a few bad designs, like Buzzwole, but I really really like Nihilego, Pheromosa, Kartana, and even Celesteela. And Xirkitree is really good in competitive if you know what you're doing (High special attack + tail glow + beast boost = insanity)

pkmin3033

[insert the joke about Incineroar being "Grrreat!" here]

I forgot to mention: I cannot stand Bewear. Why Pokemon needed its own version of the pedobear meme I do not know. As if lolcat Alola Persian wasn't bad enough...

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I find Incineroar weird too. I think it could've gone to a better design. That goes the same for Decidueye. Suddenly taking a humanoid form from a rounded, fluffy design killed all the expectations I had left for those two. Primarina is cute though and that's more than enough to compensate for the other two.

Back