• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favourite Character

Henrik

d'oh!
Years
  • I'd be pretty hard for him to catch the legendaries without a masterball. And the show would most likely become boring as he would win all of his battles with a legendary Pokémon.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    As I said I don't like May because her and Max seemed like baggage 90% of the time. Brock just seems to be Wallpaper these days, he hardly battles or catches pokemon. Max was pointless because he could never catch a pokemon.

I also dont like James from team rocket, he doesn't ever seem to train his pokemon and doesn't really have the attitude Jessie has.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gee, I come back to the thread to find everyone quoting what I first said. xD

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this but... Team Rocket. Each episode Ash & Crew stop them from doing something (Pikachu being the focus most of the time), and then its "We're blasting off again..." and their gone. Its just getting old.

Oh goodness. Don't even get me started on Team Rocket. Sure, it was hilarious back in the day, but even back then I got to the point where I said "Ugh, Team Rocket..." everytime I saw them. And who in the world thought it was a good idea to change the motto? Not smart. At all.

"We're Team Rocket, and we're in your face!"

Yes. I know you are. Now, get your original motto and I won't have to hurt your face.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    As I said I don't like May because her and Max seemed like baggage 90% of the time.

What? May had about half of Hoenn and Battle Frontier given to her. She did much more than Misty or Brock ever did.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yes she did but Max seemed like her baggage and she was a new trainer who didnt like Pokemon at the begining she was constantly carried by Ash and that what was put me off her.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Sinnoh Ash, Max, and partly Sinnoh Brock.

REASONS
    Sinnoh Ash: Back when he was first made, he was pretty awesome, and remained so until he got his "Sinnoh Voice". Now he talks like he has some sort of voice disorder that makes him sound like he smokes and is on drugs. And he talks way to fast! What should be "Pikachu, try using ThunderBolt!" they made "Pikachuthunderboltlet'sgo!!!".
    Max: A nerdy twat, what else do I have to say?
    Sinnoh Brock: Like Ash, his voice has changed a bit that I definately don't like. But I mean, Come on! That stupid girl joke stopped being funny like 50 episodes ago, and with his new voice, the joke is nowhere near as funny as it was as it was in his old voice. (Just my opinion, though. Some might prefer the new voice.)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • The characters I dislike
    Gary - he's creepy and girls think he's hot which I just dont get. I also am convinced Imposter oak from the TCG had a son and sent him to the anime world and the original Gary is locked up in some cave somewhere.

Lance - I hate him but he's hot. I hate him because he overshadows Clair who should be honored for being the only 8th gymleader in the games (so far) and the only dragon gymleader!

May - between her voice, her freaky hair (and unpleasant haircolor) and the color combination of her appearance (
    Spoiler:
    ). And it's not just her dub voice, her original one (yes, KAORI, I'm looking at you) was just evil-sounding.

Harley/Drew - thank gawd their fanbases have simmered down because after a while, both just became overrated. Drew has such a forced bishounen look that it's disgusting. I rather have Kengo. And I dont care if Harley is gay, his acts were getting old.

Liza (the gymleader) - cuz she stole the original Liza's dub name.

Lila - well I used to hate her because she stole so much spotlight from Kogomi and she was the only brain with two episodes

Daisy - spotlight stealer of her poor sisters. Violet and Lily had potential too!

Ariel from Johto Journeys - that girl bugged me with her stupid whistle. I'm glad Team Rocket stole it from her (temporarily)

Jasmine - only in special I found her half way attractive because her washed-out haircolor became a fabulous gold.

DJMary - her hair freaks me out

In DP, I dont really dislike anyone but May, Goyou (and later Suzuna)

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Sinnoh Ash, Max, and partly Sinnoh Brock.

REASONS
    Sinnoh Ash: Back when he was first made, he was pretty awesome, and remained so until he got his "Sinnoh Voice". Now he talks like he has some sort of voice disorder that makes him sound like he smokes and is on drugs. And he talks way to fast! What should be "Pikachu, try using ThunderBolt!" they made "Pikachuthunderboltlet'sgo!!!".
    Max: A nerdy twat, what else do I have to say?
    Sinnoh Brock: Like Ash, his voice has changed a bit that I definately don't like. But I mean, Come on! That stupid girl joke stopped being funny like 50 episodes ago, and with his new voice, the joke is nowhere near as funny as it was as it was in his old voice. (Just my opinion, though. Some might prefer the new voice.)

everyone knows if the older sibling is dumb (yes May is dumb, she thought Zigzagoon evolved into humans..stupid may,) they need a nerdy younger sibling to correct their mistakes

Parasite Pyramid

Resident James Lover
    Years
  • First on my list is Ash. He is a typical shonen hero. Dumb as a brick, short-tempered, stubborn, impulsive, rude, and arrogant as hell. If he was a real person, I would like to tie him to a tree and punch him in his dirty face multiple times.

Misty is next. She started off as your standard ****** anime red-head (though she failed to pull off the stereotype in an entertaining way ala Jessie. If anything, she just came across as being an angsty little brat), but then became INCREDIBLY boring upon receiving Togepi. The creature drained her personality and made her into a mostly hollow background character who only really stood out whenever her crush on Ash was touched upon. By the way, her unrequited romance with Ash was annoying and extremely cliched. I am GLAD that the writers chose not to have him return her feelings. I think the show would have become completely unwatchable if that were the case (unless you like that sort of relationship).

Furthermore, I hate how the writers had her win the Princess Festival competition (Jessie deserved to win more. At least Misty had dolls, y'know? Then again, we would not have had the Team Rocket living doll-set scene at the end of the episode if Jessie had won, would we?) and how they gave her Togepi when it should have been either Brock or Meowth who got it (since they actually took care of it). It seemed to me she was receiving Mary-Sue treatment in those two instances.

While I find the psychology behind Brock's character interesting (I read in one guide that the reason he is female crazy is because he desperately desires a motherly figure in his life), he has long over-stayed his welcome in the show. Not only has his running gag of becoming infatuated with practically every female he comes into contact with grown old over the years (personally, I would have had him settle down with Ivy during the Orange Islands instead of having her dump him and him returning to the group as a permanent main character), but he has generally become a background character who commentates on what is transpiring in the show. Nowadays, the only thing he is good for is cooking.

I have never liked Tracey. I have always found his personality dull, since he does not have any character traits that make him interesting or entertaining.

eleven said:
    Another character that I found really annoying was Harley, but I guess that was the point. :-P
    Yeah, Harley was intended to be a character viewers were supposed to enjoy hating. That said, I absolutely love to hate him. Same goes for Cassidy, who reminds me so much of the many girls I was enemies with throughout grade school that it is not even funny.

Last edited:

Douger

A True Spriting Hero
    Years
  • Well, I just HATE Team Rocket.

Not because they are bad, but because of all the stupid things they do and that happen to them.
    First of all, if they are going to steal pokemon (or food) they could at least keep quiet about it. They don't have to run around practically yelling, implying to everyone, "HEY, WE AREN'T STEALING ANYTHING, NO SIREE. PAY NO ATTENTION TO US!" *sigh*
    Next, their stupid disguises. What the heck is wrong with Ash and the group?! Aren't their outifts SOOO freakin obvious? Kindergardeners would know the distinction! GRR! I mean, I rarely ever get stumped if at all!
    Plus, I can't believe this "We're blasting off again!" thing. It's not even possible. They fly 100 miles into the sky (which isn't at all possible by being headbutted by a puny Pikachu) and when they land they somehow survive. Every episode.
    And their mottos. OMG. Must I even explain?

I just don't like Team Rocket. Nintendo should get some new bad guys.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • May did not kiss him. If you saw a picture or video of that, it was edited.

nope, it was in an episode.Even if she didn't kiss him, Ash has too many girls with him. I began to find a pattern. In every single series, a GIRL starts her journey, or meets Ash:

Jotho-Kanto:Misty
    Hoenn:May
    Sinnoh: Dawn

See a pattern?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I just HATE Team Rocket.

Not because they are bad, but because of all the stupid things they do and that happen to them.
    First of all, if they are going to steal pokemon (or food) they could at least keep quiet about it. They don't have to run around practically yelling, implying to everyone, "HEY, WE AREN'T STEALING ANYTHING, NO SIREE. PAY NO ATTENTION TO US!" *sigh*
    Next, their stupid disguises. What the heck is wrong with Ash and the group?! Aren't their outifts SOOO freakin obvious? Kindergardeners would know the distinction! GRR! I mean, I rarely ever get stumped if at all!
    Plus, I can't believe this "We're blasting off again!" thing. It's not even possible. They fly 100 miles into the sky (which isn't at all possible by being headbutted by a puny Pikachu) and when they land they somehow survive. Every episode.
    And their mottos. OMG. Must I even explain?

I just don't like Team Rocket. Nintendo should get some new bad guys.

Thanks for explaining exactly what I was talking about :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Okay this is easy:

Hoenn->Sinnoh Ash: After the Johto series Ash became such an utter idiot, and became so one-sided... All he does is constantly win and get fooled by Team Rocket! And his new voice... don't get me started on that, why did you have to do that!!

Johto->Sinnoh Team Rocket: Basically because at least in the Kanto saga they had some original ideas, but after that they kept redoing the same things, and somehow were able to scrounge enough money to build those amazingly complex mechs. And their darn mottos have gotten so darn repetitive!! And how is it that they can survive after being blasted off a hundred feet into the air! The only good thing is that their new voices aren't 'too' horrible.

Yeah, get rid of them or just tweak their characters and the show would be much better, Ash should be able to recognize Team Rocket after seeing basically all of their disguises!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Okay this is easy:

Hoenn->Sinnoh Ash: After the Johto series Ash became such an utter idiot, and became so one-sided... All he does is constantly win and get fooled by Team Rocket! And his new voice... don't get me started on that, why did you have to do that!!

Johto->Sinnoh Team Rocket: Basically because at least in the Kanto saga they had some original ideas, but after that they kept redoing the same things, and somehow were able to scrounge enough money to build those amazingly complex mechs. And their darn mottos have gotten so darn repetitive!! And how is it that they can survive after being blasted off a hundred feet into the air! The only good thing is that their new voices aren't 'too' horrible.

Yeah, get rid of them or just tweak their characters and the show would be much better, Ash should be able to recognize Team Rocket after seeing basically all of their disguises!

Well, Ash is a...a...a....DEE DEE DEE!!!!! Completley retarted!! Like in the episode "Tanks for the Memories!" Dawn was crying and Ash asks "Why are you crying Dawn?"
    and Dawn replies "I'm not crying" or something then Ash says "You got something in your eye?" Hello!? Anyone in there! She was crying you dolt!

Males, can't live withe em, can't live without em. It's a lose lose situation with Ash.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I hated Brock, mostly because his eyes are always closed, yet he can still see. I can imagine that once in a while, but come on.

=Zack=

Is it worth fighting for?
    Years
  • Max. He's a geeky little loser. If I met Max is real life, I would give him a wedgie, step on his glasses, and steal his backpack just for the sensation of knowing he can fight back.

Well, I might be exaggerating, but I think I got my point across.

Back