• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leave/Absence thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    LOOOONG TIME

wow-i havent been here in over a year (at least) and i made a new account.... couldnt remember the old one. xD i figured id come here for friend codes and etc... well, um. Hi people

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Umm... Hi! I am going to summer camp today (and woke up sooner just to tell you) so I will be absent 'till 19th of this month. Until then, see ya!

Martin

Yani

Anime Fanatic
    Years
    HEY GUYS!!!! SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR MONTHS....I HAVE SCHOOL THINGS TO DO WHICH MADE ME SO BUSY....BUT HEY I'M BACK!! ^^

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I'm going to be leaving from next Friday, August 17, until the end of August. Just thought I'd get it out there.

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
    As it says under my username, I will be gone from August 12th (Sunday) until August 16th (Thursday). If you want to trade with me, POST in my thread, don't PM!

Smash Mouth

Best Noob Evva
    Years
    Well guys I didnt really know the PC and didnt get to post much cause most of the threads I post were closed but anyway it's not working out here so Im moving on to better forums so thx for having I wont be here for a while indefinatly bye.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I've had new school stuff and exams to get used to but now i have for a year but now..

I'm BACK!!

O_o;

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Hey, all! I know most of you won't read this, but what the hell, y'know?

I'm leaving PC, which I'm sure most members will be happy to know. So inform everyone, okies? Mm, well I'm mostly leaving because I'm not really used to the rules anymore. See, I've been at Smogon. And lots of people flame there, so it's only natural to get in the habit of flaming there. So I traveled between Smogon and PC, now that flaming stuff I had learned at Smogon came with me over to PC. Where I started flaming members and more of them. The only people who I had highest respect for were Ichida, aragornbird, and Richard Steel. Oh, and Cema if you want to consider him.

Anyway, so I started flaming, not remembering rules or anything. And I thought no one would take my flaming seriously, since saying, "**** you *****" at Smogon was mostly taken as a joke. Or maybe it was the thread, oh well. it was put in Trou Du Cul or however you say it. But nobody took it serious there. or anywhere. Because those members knew how to fight back. But that's not what I should be talking about right now. So I was flaming here at PC for idiocy. And then I end up getting a warning. Which is my first warning. So what. It was just a bump in the thread that was in my way, I could just ignore it and step over it. But then some n00b called rellyms starts coming into this "Free Shiny Pokemon" trading thread I made up to be nice to the members here. But then rellyms busts in and thinks that I hacked the Crobat I was giving out. Just because I own an AR she thinks that. But I clearly stated that since it was against the rules to clone via AR, I went through the slow process of GTS cloning.

Hell.

And what's wrong with cloning with AR anyway? It's the same thing as the GTS. You get an exact clone of your Pokemon, just like what the GTS does. So stop *****ing about it and take it off your rules. People will find cloners faster that way.

So then after rellyms says that I might've hacked the Crobat, I fight back. And I tell her to get eaten by a Buffoon. And all she says is, THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR. Um, ok? So was saying that I hack my Pokemon. Smogon doesn't like hacked Pokemon, and trading or battling with them is like really bad over there. So I tend to stay away from hacks. And to clear things up:

I DO have an AR.
    No. I don't make Pokemon with PokeSav.
    And No, I do not know how to work the damn thing.

And why should I hack Pokemon when I could have legit stuff, it makes me feel way better. I'm fine with my Pokemon. I don't need hacks to win or crap like that.

So we end up arguing and her saying that was uncalled for and me saying to go get eaten by a buffoon. Then Musashi-Kun comes in and says that was uncalled for as well. Meh, he can stick to her side for all I care. It doesn't matter to me.

And well, I'm not going to be apologizing to anyone. No matter how cruel or mean my remarks were. If I thought you deserved it. You most likely did.

And with THAT. The member you know as Shift, Shifty, Shiftie, and DownShift, has left.​

Last edited:

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Bye Shift. I thought you were a superb person. ^_^

I'm just sorry it had to go down this way. Though I have to admit that some of the staff are overdoing it. Good bye.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Now, I know everyone's been waiting SOO long for me to post a good-bye message. Guess what! Today's your lucky day. Stay tuned - I'd be surprised if there isn't something that applies to every member on this site.

If anyone remembers me back in March and April, I used to hate this site - and I made it apparent. As the time went on, I started to warm up to this site. Thanks to the people in the S & M Board. :-D I posted alot more and with a better attitude about the site.

Let's just get one thing straight. When I joined, I was about as nooby as I could be. I posted completely stupid and inaccurate posts, giving horrible advice in the S & M section. Thanks to some of the people in the competitive gaming area, I bbecame more knowledgeable. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still don't stand a chance against people like aragornbird and Mullet, but I have definitely improved - if you don't believe me, look at my early posts.

I really enjoyed rating movesets - it just seemed like a lot of fun. But not everything that resulted from it was positive. I got several warnings there - I was only trying to help, but very often I get carried away and start posting stuff without any thought. And then I react to the warning without thought - not very good either. Even if the mods had taken the warning back, they'd probably give me another one for my reaction.

After I ended up with 5 cumulative warnings, I just did all I could not to get banned. And while I still have no idea how I got my third one, the other ones were pretty well deserved. Since my 5th warning, it's been pretty boring, being so incredibly careful not to irritate any mods I hadn't already.

I liked the Java/IRC chat on this site, but I just got bored of that, too. I've had some damn interesting conversations among the likes of Audy, wakachamo, Autumn, Cowrie, Siggeh, and occasionally even PPNSteve.

Now I've taken on a little much in my life, and I just can't fit in Pokemon anymore. Not to say I'll never come back - I'll check in occasionally. And I'm not saying I'll never be a full time member again. Just, from this point on, don't take anything I say seriously (and you really shouldn't have before, either) - the little time I have online, I won't have much time to interpret the situation - as usual, I may not think before I post. I'll probably be on a bit in the next few days. If you have anything important you need to say to me, soon would be a good time. ^^ Good-bye.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    This goes to Shift, and especially Purfugly, to the fact that you two are leaving:

To Shift:We might have had our disagreements (minor, as far as I can remember) and you said things to other people I did not like, but still...I didn't want YOU to leave.

And Purfugly:I was so glad when your ban ended, and you're leaving?! Awww...

Last edited:

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
    Sorry for being absent lately. I had other things to do since I had school to do and I was playing some Online Games like Neopets and Pokemon Indigo and I went to KHQ forums. Anyways welcome back PokeCommunity Forums! I hope I and everyone that's absent are welcome!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Hello everyone, I'm back after a loooong summer vacation away from PC. You probably don't remember me, but I still feel the need to Shout out my return to where all my old friends are at. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back