• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendaries are Over-Rated

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
Years
  • I'd rather train other Pokemon tbh, It makes me feel alot more indiviual than just having all the legendaries my friends have. And just as Sync and a few of the other guys have said, they're not ovverated and in general, one well placed moved can throw them right over.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't care much for legends either, the cuter ones are better and seems stronger internally. *Doesn't know what she means but hopes someone else does*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I don't care for legendaries but I only use one and that is Zapdos because I like it for some reason, but I hope that Giradina becomes over rated. But mostly Psychic type legendaries become over rated

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • I've said before, but i really dont care for legendaries in my team, unless i REALLY REALLY need to fill a space on my team

Ethan621

Wait, what?
    Years
  • I think legendaries would be a lot more fun if you could breed them. That way, you could get a legendary at a low level and raise it yourself. Then, everyone's legendary would be different. Legendaries are always fun to play around with because they generally have an extremely large moevepool. If you could say you had a Mewtwo that you raised from lvl. five packing some crazy moves like fire punch and ice beam, wouldn't that be way cooler than having the same old Mewtwo that EVERYONE catches at lvl 70 (or whatever it is) in-game?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • I think legendaries would be a lot more fun if you could breed them. That way, you could get a legendary at a low level and raise it yourself. Then, everyone's legendary would be different. Legendaries are always fun to play around with because they generally have an extremely large moevepool. If you could say you had a Mewtwo that you raised from lvl. five packing some crazy moves like fire punch and ice beam, wouldn't that be way cooler than having the same old Mewtwo that EVERYONE catches at lvl 70 (or whatever it is) in-game?

Well, i agree with that partly, thats part of the reason i think most legendaries are over rated, every one's is the same

but i half agree half disagree about the breeding, for one, if you could breed a legendary pokemon, then it wouldnt really be legendary, but i do agree about how the pokemon pokemon should be at lower levels when you catch and/or recieve them. I think they should range from levels 1-25, thats resonable

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Mew is lv.7 at Green version. but most legendaries are high, like 40-50-70, yes.

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
    Years
  • Posted by Marz:
    I have posted this some places, and said it in a few PMs, and it's time I announce it to the world.

I think Legendary Pokemon are over-rated and cliché

Yes, that's right. Listen, you tell me you just beat Emerald version with an awesome team, then tell me later on your star of the team was a Level 88 Mewtwo, I will not give a crap. I'd much rather hear about your level 54 Sneasel. Those Pokemon fascinate me because they're not advertised by everything. When I get the chance to catch a legendary, I will not take it. I honestly don't care. I'd just continue training my Average Joe Pokemon into Non Average Joes, and that's much more satisfying then catching a Pokemon who is already not an Average Joe. But, I do admit, one Pokemon has made it through my Legendary Hating wall, and that Pokemon is the Mystic Creature of the Water. Suicune. It's incredibly great. But every other Legendary--Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys in all it's forms, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza--I do not want in my party. I simply catch them to complete my PokeDex.

So, I want to know if there are any who think alike. Do you, not necessarily hate, but dislike or think legendary Pokemon are over-rated/cliché?

I don't care for Legendaries, except Crescelia. I used to hate them, too but Crescelia made it through my Legendary-hating wall, XD.

I don't agree with you in the average Joe thing. Sure, Pokémon like Persian and Azumarill may be considered average, but there are plenty of non-legendary, such as Milotic and Roserade, that are far from average. I do get what you mean, though. ^^

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Yeah, i guess this is true, but I still tend to use pokemon more based on how they actually look, rather than how strong they are...

So, for the most part, the only legendaries I use are Groudon, Articuno, and still, after all this time, Mewtwo.

Because they all look so Badass

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I see where your coming from marz, but thats not how I see it. I see them as the
    needle(s) in a very big hay stack. You jump in the hay, and you keep picking and picking up straws of hay, but even though you don't find the needle, you inspect each straw you pick, and you see that some are bent, some are straight, some are darker, and some are lighter. When you finally find the needle or (if), you become overjoyed, but it doesn't last, and before long you notice no difference between the needle and the many different straws of hay you just acquired.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I think legendaries look cool but are worthless and useless for anything except experience, so I make them faint and get experience.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • They are over rated.It's far funner to win a battle with your starter than with a legend.I beat my cousin's Charizard with my Venusaur and my team, and a Zapdos.I'm just too attached to Zappy,do much he's at level 97:shocked:
    And I also got an Eevee in LG to level 97 thinking it will evolve into Umbreon.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • Legendaries are somewhat overrated. I like using Pokemon I raised from level 2 better. But I don't really like them mainly because everyone has them. Have you ever met someone with Emerald that doesn't have a Rayquaza on his team? Or someone with Fire Red that doesn't have at least one legendary bird in his/her Hall of Fame? Normal Pokemon are best because they are more unique.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I really see where you're coming from Marz, yes i do catch legendaries, but I never use them, they usually just always wasting away in my BOX, so i collect them and thats it, they're a little overpowered IMO. Heck if you want a challenge, try getting your level 65 Ralts and level 40 Gardevoir to 100 while trying to get that elusive pokerus XD thats how i play =)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I have posted this some places, and said it in a few PMs, and it's time I announce it to the world.

I think Legendary Pokemon are over-rated and cliché​

Yes, that's right. Listen, you tell me you just beat Emerald version with an awesome team, then tell me later on your star of the team was a Level 88 Mewtwo, I will not give a crap. I'd much rather hear about your level 54 Sneasel. Those Pokemon fascinate me because they're not advertised by everything. When I get the chance to catch a legendary, I will not take it. I honestly don't care. I'd just continue training my Average Joe Pokemon into Non Average Joes, and that's much more satisfying then catching a Pokemon who is already not an Average Joe. But, I do admit, one Pokemon has made it through my Legendary Hating wall, and that Pokemon is the Mystic Creature of the Water. Suicune. It's incredibly great. But every other Legendary--Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys in all it's forms, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza--I do not want in my party. I simply catch them to complete my PokeDex.

So, I want to know if there are any who think alike. Do you, not necessarily hate, but dislike or think legendary Pokemon are over-rated/cliché?

It's old news that they're over rated. I like Ho-oh and Celebi though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    I agree. Legendaries should be for Pokedex purposes ONLY. Unless it's a shiny or Dialga, I would just leave it in the PC for the rest of its life.

Years
  • In a pokemon games I do catch legendaries because I want to collect as much pokemon as I can but I don't use them in battles I just used Groudon and Rayquaza in Ruby but I can't recall why.... I just remember that I got attached to our Groudon X3 ^^
    Anyway if I played the game now I wouldn't use any legendaries. I think if they were real I wouldn't even try to catch them because they would be to strong and hard to find. I wouldn't even want to have all pkmn either.
    But I don't have nothing against legendaries. I actually like them all and that interesting legends that are conected to them too.
    But for them being overrated. Well I guess if we look from a point of games they are, though I don't care about that. I still like them.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • Yes, Legendaries are overrated. They're ok to use in battle sometimes, but I just hate those kids that go "I got a [Insert Legendary here], he so awesm! 113(Whatever the hell that means)!" Those kids make me hate legendaries all together some days.

Back