• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendaries

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    What Legendaries do you think we will see in Pokemon X and Y? Presonally I think we will see:

Yveltal
    Xerneas
    Mewtwo
    Possibly Latios and Latios
    and the Beasts (Raikou, Suicune and Entei.)

What do you guys think?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    No duh on the first one, Latios and Latias have appeared in almost every single recent game, probably mew two because the Focus on him in commercials,

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt the legendary beasts, they were strictly 2nd gen related, unless there's an event.

I bet there will be some wandering legends, probably some new ones

. Maybe a generation callback like Groudon and Kyougre in SS and HG, that was one generation around the one where it was, but we just got 4th gen Legends in the gamestop event so maybe A lugia and Ho-oh callback.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    No duh on the first one, Latios and Latias have appeared in almost every single recent game, probably mew two because the Focus on him in commercials,

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt the legendary beasts, they were strictly 2nd gen related, unless there's an event.

I bet there will be some wandering legends, probably some new ones

. Maybe a generation callback like Groudon and Kyougre in SS and HG, that was one generation around the one where it was, but we just got 4th gen Legends in the gamestop event so maybe A lugia and Ho-oh callback.

The main legends from other games have less chance of appearing than the minor legends. At least not a readily one. They'd have to appear in special coded events or something like how you get the Weather Trio in HG/SS or one of the Creation Trio in HG/SS.

Also the Beasts were also in Gen 3 games. FR/LG would allow you to fight a beast that was stronger than your Starter choice. The Minor ones can appear in the games as post content.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i want mewtwo and mew and maybe jirachi. we barely have anything with jirachi anymore and we couldnt even get it n normal gameplay with the game it was introduced with. i dont want latios and latias because they were in RSE, HG SS, and B2W2. i think theyve been way too overrated by people. i think we should have like jirachi and celebi in it. mystery gift or not.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • My only wish for legendary PKMN this gen is that they don't create SOOO many of them. 5-7 legendary PKMN this gen would be a good number to aim for.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • My only wish for legendary PKMN this gen is that they don't create SOOO many of them. 5-7 legendary PKMN this gen would be a good number to aim for.

5-7?! THAT SEEMS EXCESSIVE IF YOU ASK ME. I like one or two that match the story line. Then maybe a couple of roamers after you beat the game. But recently, Pokemon is making it way too easy with legendaries. In emerald, the Elite 4 was a breeze if you caught Rayquaza and ever since them they were over powered. That's why I liked the older games. They required more skill, cause you can't just catch a Pokemon that's ready to sweep the Elite 4.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • 5-7?! THAT SEEMS EXCESSIVE IF YOU ASK ME. I like one or two that match the story line. Then maybe a couple of roamers after you beat the game. But recently, Pokemon is making it way too easy with legendaries. In emerald, the Elite 4 was a breeze if you caught Rayquaza and ever since them they were over powered. That's why I liked the older games. They required more skill, cause you can't just catch a Pokemon that's ready to sweep the Elite 4.

5-7 is actually extremely generous, considering the amount of legendaries that were added in the past three generations. I do agree that there are a bit too many, though. However, I doubt they will ever stop making tons more, since there are still a lot of legends to base Pokemon off of.

We would be lucky to get less than 10 judging from the rate of legendaries that were added.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Instead of introducing a group of new legendary Pokémon, I'd like to see them make good use of the ones that haven't been given enough attention to in the previous gens, such as Manaphy, Phione, Regigigas, etc. We have a lot of legendary Pokémon already. Introducing more would just decrease their value, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if they introduce only three to four legendaries, but anything more than that would be a little too much.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't expect any past generation legendaries expect for potentially the ones that will have their Megas featured as typically past gen legends have been reserved for the third version (or sequels in B2W2's case) and remakes (those outside of the region being remade).

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • idk. in gen 5. they clearly had the major legendaries and the minor ones like the sword of justice and meloetta.

i think the more the merrier. most likely 2 maybe 3 legendaries will be in the storyline and as usual around 3-4 will be for post game gameplay perhaps more. i think around 7 legendaries. thats not a bad thing, some legendaries are just good unique pokemon instead of being powerhouses like the creation trio.

the 2 cover pokemon + maybe a 3rd
    mewtwo and maybe genesect
    mew? mew usually follows mewtwo sooo
    some trio for postgame hunting :P

Years
  • No, these are not the only legendaries we will see in X and Y. There are still many pokes to be shown and I know at least 5-6 more legendaries are left. No region misses a legendary trio too and XY has yet to feature them

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • We can safely presume that Mewtwo will be in there as it has game dependent MEGA evolution...
    If other legendary Pokemon get MEGA evolution it will most likely be hint of it appearing...
    Other than that I can see some third legendary to complete trio of main legendaries and one trio.
    I don't see many legendaries this generation as MEGA evolutions will be main interest.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We can safely presume that Mewtwo will be in there as it has game dependent MEGA evolution...
    If other legendary Pokemon get MEGA evolution it will most likely be hint of it appearing...
    Other than that I can see some third legendary to complete trio of main legendaries and one trio.
    I don't see many legendaries this generation as MEGA evolutions will be main interest.

Deoxys had game specific forms and it can't be found in any of the games in which the specific forms were found.

I don't see Mewtwo having anything to do with the story or being available through normal game methods. We can probably port one to unlock his Mega Stone, get one in an event with the stone, or find the stone through normal play and give it to Mewtwo then.

Don't see Megas pulling away from other legends as well. I think someone said that this region was supposed to have the most legends to date in one of the CoroCoro threads. If so then I think we're in for a long Legend ride.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Deoxys had game specific forms and it can't be found in any of the games in which the specific forms were found.

I don't see Mewtwo having anything to do with the story or being available through normal game methods. We can probably port one to unlock his Mega Stone, get one in an event with the stone, or find the stone through normal play and give it to Mewtwo then.

Don't see Megas pulling away from other legends as well. I think someone said that this region was supposed to have the most legends to date in one of the CoroCoro threads. If so then I think we're in for a long Legend ride.
    Actually you could capture Deoxys in Fr, Lg, and Emerald on Birth island if you have the Aurora Ticket...
    So it's possible Mewtwo could be an event Pokemon like Deoxys was in those games...

Also the lots of legends was mentioned in the rumor thread irc. It came from a spanish Magazine which said Xerneas and Yvetal were only a few of the legends and theres a lot more to come (I translated that line so I'm sure it's right).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Actually you could capture Deoxys in Fr, Lg, and Emerald on Birth island if you have the Aurora Ticket...
    So it's possible Mewtwo could be an event Pokemon like Deoxys was in those games...

Also the lots of legends was mentioned in the rumor thread irc. It came from a spanish Magazine which said Xerneas and Yvetal were only a few of the legends and theres a lot more to come (I translated that line so I'm sure it's right).

Deoxys still was not in the games that the forms were introduced. You also could not catch it in Sapphire or Emerald which has his fourth form. You had to get an outside event item in order to even unlock the feature to catch him which is the exact same thing as what we do now and just get them free of charge through Wifi Downloads. If you don't get the download then he's not in the game at all.

Same will happen with mewtwo. If we are required to get a specific item they may or may never be handed out then Mewtwo isn't in the game itself and is added in once you get the outside trigger to unlock his event or unless we download him from Wifi.

Back