• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

Ubers?

• cheap

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • fair

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • my cousin stole my pbr and my diamond and my team isn't done any way soo no battle and please upper users make the game no fun
    this is my last post here and i don't care what you are going to say unless it's a aginset the rules i well happly report

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Okay, now I see, you judge just because I use ubers... hmmm. I know what'll do... I'M GOING TO CRUSH ALL UBER HATERS!! Oh, and I'm not dumb, I don't say things against the rules, though I suppose an uber hater would love to ban an uber trainer... to bad that won't happen!:laugh: Yeah, well, I'll see you on pbr, when I crush you!:badsmile: Until then.

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
  • Many people prefer using Legendary Pokemon. I, myself, use legendaries, but often, I will experiment with other Pokemon and some of them are just as good as a Legendary Pokemon.

But that's just me. In short, I use them, but not often.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    The ubers I use I evtrained to lvl 100 from lvl 5 and 10. I put lots of work into my ubers.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Man I bet this community is about 90% against hacking and ubers and mabye 5% are the opposite. The rest (like myself) just don't care...

the ubers. Who cares? Seriously if a kid wants to use an uber and not raise it properly than that is their fault. And if they are banned from most tournaments, do what I did and throw them all into their own party and use them for fun. Now if their stats are hacked all the way to 999, then you just leave and never speak to them again.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! I bet I could beat you any time! Just like you, I put work into my pokemon... SO STOP GIVING PEOPLE LIKE ME A BAD NAME!! I'M NOT LAZY! I SPENT MANY MONTHS TRAINING MY TEAM! SO I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME PUNK STAND THERE AND MAKE FUN OF IT!! NOT ALL UBER TRAINERS ARE BAD! NOT ALL UBERS ARE BAD! I bet you're just scared of ubers and there trainers cause you know you'll lose!:shocked: You don't like ubers, that's great, but I really do put alot of work into my pokemon... SO STOP SAYING NEGITIVE STUFF ABOUT IT!:t383:

You would lose that bet. I don't give you a bad name, you give yourself one as a byproduct of being an ubern00b. Not lazy? Prove it. Raise a REAL team. I'm not standing here, I'm laying down. :P Ubern00bs aren't bad, just lazy. I'm not scared at all, I have beaten entire teams of hacked legendaries.

Okay, now I see, you judge just because I use ubers... hmmm. I know what'll do... I'M GOING TO CRUSH ALL UBER HATERS!! Oh, and I'm not dumb, I don't say things against the rules, though I suppose an uber hater would love to ban an uber trainer... to bad that won't happen! Yeah, well, I'll see you on pbr, when I crush you! Until then.

Yes, we judge you for using ubers, and you do nothing to fix that. Crush all uberhaters? You could battle your whole life away and never beat everyone who doesn't like legendaries. I don't care if you get banned or not, though it would be bloody hilarious.

Oh, and if you're going to defend your opinion convincingly, you could at least spell everything correctly, XDD.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Gee thanks, I really don't care what you think anymore, I have a lvl 100 blastoise, it can take out any ubers. Now that we have that cleared up I'd like to act like this arguement never happened, I'm so angry that I have a headache. As for the ban thing, ha ha, I'm sure you uber haters would think it's very funny, to bad it won't happen.:classic:ubers are still fair, I raise them as much as you raise your dumb normal pokemon, uber is a title, they're pokemon, get over it. Don't hate people because they use ubers, that's like hating someone because they're different then you, it's dumb and pointless! Judging people when you don't know them and for no reason, nice!

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Gee thanks, I really don't care what you think anymore, I have a lvl 100 blastoise, it can take out any ubers. Now that we have that cleared up I'd like to act like this arguement never happened, I'm so angry that I have a headache. As for the ban thing, ha ha, I'm sure you uber haters would think it's very funny, to bad it won't happen.:classic:ubers are still fair, I raise them as much as you raise your dumb normal pokemon, uber is a title, they're pokemon, get over it. Don't hate people because they use ubers, that's like hating someone because they're different then you, it's dumb and pointless! Judging people when you don't know them and for no reason, nice!

they're going after the fact that you're being so dumb about it, not the. Stop being dumb and they'll get off you about it. I'm all for ubers... but not like that...

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • What, you think because you typed that last part in little font, I won't see it? XDDD. If you don't care what I think, why did you bother posting again? Blastoise? Ehh, there are better Water-elements. Yes, we would think it's funny. Glad we can agree on that. :P

If ubers are fair, complain to Nintendo. If you convince them to allow legendaries I will apologize. *Snickers* I don't hate you because you're different than me. I hate you because you're lazy and dependent.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • How is getting a pokemon at level 70 fair?

I have trained all my pokemon from eggs. A 69 level mean pretty much kills that fact.

Pokemon you can see in the overworld, are unfair.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    How is getting a pokemon at level 70 fair?

I have trained all my pokemon from eggs. A 69 level mean pretty much kills that fact.

Pokemon you can see in the overworld, are unfair.

I know, someone catching a mewtwo, not bothering to train it, and taking it into the collseum is unfair and it is lazy. I don't do that however, I don't use ubers caught at lvl 70, that's dumb. I raise mine from lvls 5 and 10, then I ev train them, then I put them on my team. I'm not like the people that have a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, giratina, rayquaza, and heatran, all of those are caught at high lvls, I only used those for the e4.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I know, someone catching a mewtwo, not bothering to train it, and taking it into the collseum is unfair and it is lazy. I don't do that however, I don't use ubers caught at lvl 70, that's dumb. I raise mine from lvls 5 and 10, then I ev train them, then I put them on my team. I'm not like the people that have a team of lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, giratina, rayquaza, and heatran, all of those are caught at high lvls, I only used those for the e4.

I do believe you are completely missing the point...

You catch a level seventy. you nature hunt, eve train it, raise it thirty levels. done. If you actually want to try to hunt for IVs with it, you're a brave soul.

Average pokemon. IV breed, nature hunt, EV train it, raise it 100 levels. Already, we can see that in your average pokemon, more work is required. But we're not done.

The base stats of Legendary pokemon, on average, are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than average pokemon. Which basically means less work for more power. He's not calling you lazy because of how you train them, Ichida is calling you lazy because you use them at all, and I agree. One or two legendaries is one thing, but a team of them is just a shortcut to power, promoting dependency and the idea that you don't need a proper strategy, your team is strong enough without it. That, to me, is lazy.

And you're also making yourself look the idiot by screaming and yelling and swearing you'd win in a battle, BTW. Especially since a battle challenge demands that it be met by someone who raises their team the right way.

I for one, nominate Ichida to face down Legendtamer's challenge. With Ichida's team EV trained with a strategy, we can see how it fairs against a legendary team dependent on raw power. Regardless I stand by my vote: legendaries are a cheap way to get stronger than your opponent, and produce a false sense of superiority. If you want to look superior, use pokemon that DON'T look like they're jacked up on steroids the second you catch them.

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    That steroids part was funny. Well, thank you for telling me that. Lets just leave it at you have your oppinion and I have mine.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Just make a team of legendaries and one that isn't. Problem solved...

legendtamer1995

Uber Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    If your talking to me, thanks for the idea but no. I don't need to prove anything, I just want a wii. I can not and WILL not think about anything else, does anyone know the price of a wii?

Years
  • calm down guys. I used to use Ubers, but now i dont. they are boring. My team has loads of OU pokes, but not ubers.
    -Gyarados
    -Torterra
    -Dragonite
    -etc.

But in game, i like to use some novelty pokes.
    -Scyther
    -Breloom
    -Solrock

Mustache

Good Ingame-Bad Online Trainer
    Years
  • first of all: i don't hate legendairy's, i don't hate legendairy users, and i don't hate legendairy haters.

and now my little argument why legendairys are not lazy:
    first: legendairys are harder to catch
    second: getting a legendairy with good IV and nature is even harder than catching one
    third: training a legendairy is harder. asuming, YES JUST ASUMING!!! that you take 1 day to train a zigzagoon from lvl 70 to 71, then it would take a week to do the same with a legendairy poke. AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT REALY TAKE'S A DAY/WEEK!!! :D
    fourth: legendairys are not unbeatable. any pokemon can be beaten by a good and welltrained pokemon with a type advantage. as far as i know there is only 1 pokemon type that has no weakness, and that is dark/ghost. and there is no legend with that type combi.

that is why i think legends are not lazy: they are harder to train, harder to catch, it is harder to get a good one, and you still have to think before you use it.

Back