• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary pokemon, good or bad?

Ubers?

• cheap

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • fair

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I think that using legendaries is completely fair. Ubers and Wobuffet, IMO, are cheap.

To the post above, they are still lazy because you don't take the time to experience with Pokemon that aren't as good.

btw, Octillery rules. Use him. x3

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    It's cheap. Ubers shouldn't be allowed online. I'm glad they made it so you can't bring Deoxys online. Most of the time it's like little 10 year olds playing with Ubers because they have no idea on how to EV Train and just think Ubers look cool. If you use an Uber correctly, I'm sure it could take out about 4-5 people on a single team.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • If you use an Uber correctly, I'm sure it could take out about 4-5 people on a single team.

That's why they're not cheap. Many normal Pokémon can do that if used in the right way. That's why I use Ubers and Legendaries, 'cos I know how to use them correctly, although I only use a maximum of two per team when I do. They were put into the game to be used, not to be used as Eye Candy in the PC. You don't like it, don't play. Simple.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • OK I'm going to say this simple because to me I keep legendary pokemon for collection and I keep non-legendary pokemon for battling!

BTW people who use legends are NooBs!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I don't like using legendaries, makes me fell like I have an unfair advantage.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    This is quite miss-leading, the title suggest's all legendaries but the poll is about ubers, ubers dont include the trio's from each game and various other pokes, i like playing with ubers, i find them more fun than standard OU teams.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • first of all: i don't hate legendairy's, i don't hate legendairy users, and i don't hate legendairy haters.

and now my little argument why legendairys are not lazy:
    first: legendairys are harder to catch
    second: getting a legendairy with good IV and nature is even harder than catching one
    third: training a legendairy is harder. asuming, YES JUST ASUMING!!! that you take 1 day to train a zigzagoon from lvl 70 to 71, then it would take a week to do the same with a legendairy poke. AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT IT REALY TAKE'S A DAY/WEEK!!! :D
    fourth: legendairys are not unbeatable. any pokemon can be beaten by a good and welltrained pokemon with a type advantage. as far as i know there is only 1 pokemon type that has no weakness, and that is dark/ghost. and there is no legend with that type combi.

that is why i think legends are not lazy: they are harder to train, harder to catch, it is harder to get a good one, and you still have to think before you use it.

they are not harder to catch, they are in your game in a specific spot. other pokemon are much harder, there are the legends that you have to go after but thats as hard as its gonna get. so my point is some legends are easy others are not hard but in the middle.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
  • Hrm. lvl 100 blastoise. Is that one that has attacking moves and not a shread of egg moves? If only my team was ready..pity..Legends have very balanced stats. TTar has a 4x weakness and is insanely slow. Azelf for example, has the same bas speed as Starmie and the Attack of a Gyarados(Sp atk or a Roserade) Now, is that really fair?

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    They're a little cheap because they have alot of stats, which isn't fair to the regular pokemon.

daveshan

Glory to Groudon
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Legendaries are as fair as every other pokemon. We all have an equal chance of getting them and raising them. The only pokemon that shouldn't be used are the ones that are so far unavailable by legitimite means. I.E. Arceus, Darkrai (English), and Shaymin (English).

Everyone has an equal chance to get all the others, so it's their fault for not using them.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Getting and raising them isn't the issue. It's how they stack up in battle stats-wise. Most legendaries have an unfair statistical advantage over other Pokemon, and that's the main reason they're disallowed from serious play.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    Are we talking about all legendaries, or just ubers? I don't like to see all uber teams when I go onto PBR Wi-Fi, but I have no problems seeing Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit on someone's team. It just means lunch time for Gallade.

Luminous_Reaver

Never good enough
    Years
  • It's easy to beat legendaries when you know what you're doing (and the person using them doesn't). I don't mind legendary spammers so much because most of the time, that is the case.

But if not then it kind of sucks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2008
    It's easy to beat legendaries when you know what you're doing (and the person using them doesn't). I don't mind legendary spammers so much because most of the time, that is the case.
    If you're playing a good player with an uber team, however, it's a different manner. If ubers are allowed, then the list of viable Pokemon that you can win a tournament with drops to a mere handful of what it would otherwise be. Allowing ubers limits the strategies available and discourages innovation - by banning ubers, you make tournaments more skill-intensive and more interesting to play in.

Saying "my legendaries are fair because I trained them" doesn't address the issue that legendaries are unfair not because they're easy to level up, but because they're fundamentally too powerful. Training them to optimum stats worsens that issue. It's like if you challenge me to a street-car race and I come out with my old banger and you show up with a tuned rally-car, but then say "ah, but I picked optimum tyres for the weather conditions and have tweaked the chassis balance myself!". Yes, it's good you put the work in yourself, but that doesn't make me want to race you any more and doesn't make the competition any more even.

Back