• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
  • It created Followers to Create the Universe, than vanquished them, made Mew, and it following its destiny, created all of the other Pokemon in turn. Its a plausible idea.

EDIT If you look at genetics, it is possible to improve upon beings already, its been done many times with fish and produce. And it also says that Arceus only made Sinnoh, not the rest of the world...

DOUBLE EDIT I copyed this from Wikipedia.

Arceus (アルセウス, Aruseusu?) is a legendary Pokémon that premiered in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It has a large, golden wheel around its abdomen, connected by spikes. It is said in a book called "The Original Story" that Arceus was born from an egg in a vortex of pure chaos. After it was born, it created two beings of time (Dialga) and space (Palkia) from itself, and then three more beings (Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit). Those five creatures created matter and spirit, while Arceus went to sleep. This story can be found in the Canalave Library, and can also be told from the various plates the player encounters in the story.

Arceus has the Multitype Ability, which allows the player to change Arceus' type to any of the other sixteen types by having it hold various elemental plates. Arceus' signature move, Judgment, works hand in hand with the elemental plates. Arceus also has the highest base stat total of any Pokémon to date.

Last edited:

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
  • I still believe that being every type of pokemon and coming from the root word arc, means it created everything (pokemon wise).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    OK. Dialga and Palkia made the pixies so they're in the incorrect place, and Ho-oh can't be like Arceus. Sure, Ho-oh is better than the dogs as Lugias is with the birds and as Regigigas is with the regis, but it's in no way divine, at least not like Arceus or Mew (if there's some "divine" on it).

I agree that Arceus could have made Sinnoh while others were doing their jobs separately. But the game does mention he made the universe, at least in the library thing. If it doesn't, there's still something. If Arceus only made Sinnoh and was created by Mew and everything, why is it the most powerful Pokémon. Even if Arceus has good reasons to be a god, we can't doubt about science (Mew), so I guess we have to doubt about Arceus.

And Mew wasn't cloned exactly. Its DNA was used to make a new Pokémon but, yeah, the same idea. It proves it's a normal being, not a divine thing.

...I'm pretty sure that Arceus made the elves in order to create the spirit and to control Dialga & Palkia, but I guess I could be wrong...but I put Ho-oh alongside Arceus because, for one thing, it has been proven to have the power to give life, as shown by the Dogs. On top of that, there are several other references, in both the anime and in the original G/S/C, that Ho-oh had strong divinity, so I placed it there.

:\ It's tough to say. Who knows what sort of bizarre events took place? Maybe most of Mew's power somehow were transferred into Arceus? :D Yeah, that's a bit farfetched, but like I said, who knows?

...Wait...

DOUBLE EDIT I copyed this from Wikipedia.

Arceus (アルセウス, Aruseusu?) is a legendary Pokémon that premiered in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It has a large, golden wheel around its abdomen, connected by spikes. It is said in a book called "The Original Story" that Arceus was born from an egg in a vortex of pure chaos. [S-HIGHLIGHT]After it was born, it created two beings of time (Dialga) and space (Palkia) from itself, and then three more beings (Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit).[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Those five creatures created matter and spirit, while Arceus went to sleep. This story can be found in the Canalave Library, and can also be told from the various plates the player encounters in the story.

......I thought so...

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • more than anything..... I want to know the deal with Giratina.... I think it has the darkest of locations, it looks creepy\cool! and it's also the heaviest pokemon...

I'm under the impression that he's the Lord of the Underworld type of guy.

Years
  • Where does Giratina fit in? What created it? All it says it that it lives in another world, a reverse world... Wikipedia also says that Giratina represents death.

Also if Manaphy is the "Prince of the Sea", but Lugia is the "Guardian of the Sea", then who truly rules the sea? Or even maybe Kyogre? :S

Eos Aduro

Years
  • No Kyogre CREATED the sea, and Lugia was like OMG I like the sea and protected the sea, and Manaphy was all like I like the sea, soIm its prince, but who's the king of the sea? And Giratina lives in a random maze surrounded by flowers, I think he's kind of a twisted dood.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I personally like the idea of arceus, I'd rather he be a more humanoid poke but i like everythin else about him.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • And how do you find Giratina anyway? Maybe you travel to another universe when you go through the Spring Path.

And I wanted to say that whoever said it is right, too. Manaphy is the prince, Lugia the guardian and Kyogre the creator but which one is right? What's the definition of "prince" in this context anyway?

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Prince is the heir to the throne, so Manaphy would need to have a father, which only leads to it being Lugia

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Meh, it can fly, it probably gets around. But there was a Dark Lugia if I remember correctly, but I never played that game

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • Dark Lugia definitely conflicts with that theory...

I think each region has its own set of distinct legends, sorta like our world.... the Greeks believed in Zeus, the Norse believed in Odin.... The Mayans Kukulkan... the Aztecs Quetzcoatl..... the Christians\Islams\Hebrews God\Yahweh\Allah ....so on...

regional legends=regional figures.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that it's not as simple as it's THE Lugia gone awry.

I think someone else can explain that a lot better and more in depth than I can.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Dark Lugia definitely conflicts with that theory...

I think each region has its own set of distinct legends, sorta like our world.... the Greeks believed in Zeus, the Norse believed in Odin.... The Mayans Kukulkan... the Aztecs Quetzcoatl..... the Christians\Islams\Hebrews God\Yahweh\Allah ....so on...

regional legends=regional figures.
    That would have as a conclusioin that we believe is false. But, as I said, we've seen a lot to believe. Rain and then sun in less than a minute? Then rain again, then sun.

I don't know about the Dark Lugia as I haven't completed XD but I believe it was something like an artificial Pokémon.

Eos Aduro

Years
  • Hmmmm, well maybe some legendaries are actually god-like, and others are just the last of there species, like the regis and the elemental birds.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • No Kyogre CREATED the sea, and Lugia was like OMG I like the sea and protected the sea, and Manaphy was all like I like the sea, soIm its prince, but who's the king of the sea? And Giratina lives in a random maze surrounded by flowers, I think he's kind of a twisted dood.

That bit on Giratina makes it sound like GameFreak wanted it to be a sort of emo Pokemon.

I actually came up with a theory about this over the summer, but I'll post it tomorrow. I do however think that there is a relation between Kyogre, Lugia, and Manaphy, mostly because I love Water types. (Although Lugia isn't Water) I think that after Kyogre went to sleep after its battle with Groudon, Lugia came to watch over the sea until Kyogre was awakened. The it gave Manaphy the title of prince in case both of them were incapable of action. If that were to happen, Manaphy would govern the sea and Phione would be next in line.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • Hmmmm, well maybe some legendaries are actually god-like, and others are just the last of there species, like the regis and the elemental birds.

I can totally see that... like how Dratinis were once thought to be legendary.... check the dexes on that, you'll see what I mean......

that also makes me really wonder about the starter pokemon... we only see 'em as starters or against in game trainers throughout the gameplay... and it's mentioned that they live in certain parts of the world.... how come we never see 'em in the wild?

Eos Aduro

Years
  • One more thing, in the first season, this is a pretty memorable episode, a researcher at a lighthouse is signalling to the ONLY Dragonite in the world, but its well known that its NOT the only, so some legendaries could just be very very rare. Maybe theres a whole WORLD of Giratinas, just one happened to end up here.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • One more thing, in the first season, this is a pretty memorable episode, a researcher at a lighthouse is signalling to the ONLY Dragonite in the world, but its well known that its NOT the only, so some legendaries could just be very very rare. Maybe theres a whole WORLD of Giratinas, just one happened to end up here.

yea... from an alternate dimension... an anomalitical occurence... you never know... what's revered as a God in one place could just be another simpleton in another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back