• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Legends - Real or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    But ive changed it to I think, and they cant tell me off for that, one of my human rights is freedom of speech :P

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
    OK were getting off topic here... So Arceus was created and then he made the universe, i think thats all he did. Then mew evolved from microscopic life and some of them evolved into the rest of the pokemon, thats my theory. Or else none of the pokemon have that much power but people believe they created everything because they have no other explination...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I think its a mix of religion and science. While i believe most pokemon went through standard evolution (Mentioned by diageo) i believe those with 'godly' powers (Kyogre, Palkia etc) were created prior to the amoebas pokemon evolved from, and were there to shape the world before there was stuff to live of it

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
    So u think Arceus just popped out an egg and said, here's palkia, now u create space. OOps need another one, pops out another egg. Now Dialga, create time. Now were ready to go?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im just goin by what's been said in the game, which goes along the lines of an egg appearing in the swirly chaos. Im not basing my points on human religion or human science, but on the evidence in the game. If you wanna get technical though, no-one really has a clue how the pokemon universe was formed, seeing as a human has somehow managed to tell the story of creation even though he cant get to any of the creatures present at the time of creation.

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
    Yeah but thats what the point of this thread is, to speculate how it started. Thats what were doing, so Im asking what u think happened at the start...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Essay time lol.....

Like i said, i go from the info we get from the games.
    First came arceus
    Arceus made D&P who made time and space, therefore the universe (Just a lump of dark matter at the current time)
    Now Arceus had something to shove planets and stars and stuff into
    Onto these planets he put more pokemon to regulate and shape them, in the case of earth;
    Kyogre and groudon to form seas and landmasses
    Regigigas to pull the continents into shape
    The 3 Dogs to regulate fire water and thunder, and so on with all the aspects of the
    planet.
    At this point arceus would have either gone off and populated other planets (Dependin on if he did earth first, last or whatever) or gone to sleep up at spear pillar. Alternatively he may have created these pokes from himself, therefore stripping him of lots of power, (reducing him from a god to merely godley) so he went to sleep at spear pillar to regenerate until he was strong enough to populate the next planet along.
    Now for the less concrete theories
    As for the more mundane pokemon, this is the evolution bit. The world was populated by mew, a whole species of them. This would explain why it contains every piece of dna, because all pokes originated from them. Some mews lived in the sea, and evolved into water types. Others lived indesert and evolved into the grounds. Mews slowly died out apart from the one that is left, who has sustained by living in the forest of the sevii island he is found on.

Now, to explain why there is only one left. Mew is like a stem cell, all other pokemon formed from him. This would require its biomolecular make-up to be close to perfect, so its body would be so efficient cells would be replicated as soon as they were destroyed, therefore mew would not age. the only way mew would die is of starvation, or by being eaten (Perfect cells leaves no room for mutation or disease). Some mews were herbivores, but those i the sparce deserts would be carnivores. If they migrated out of the deserts, they would see other veggie mews and eat them. This surviving mew had settled on an island in the sea (The sevii one), and because it is alone mew would eat little, and because it is surrounded by water the land would be fertile and mew would have an 'everlasting' food source, therefore allowing this mew to survive until 'present day'

So while this one merrily sat around and ate, the rest of the world was affected by darwin; Evolve or die. After millions of years any pokemon recognisable as mew had gone, leaving the one we play hide and seek with.

There, done :)

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
    Ok so ur saying Arceus created the legendaries.... but how? Popping out eggs, making it from a part of his body or just summoning it from thin air?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I dont know, I think there are references to arceus laying eggs but im not sure. If this is wrong then ill go with standard cell replication. Animal organisms grow through a process called meosis, where the dna strand in a cell unravels and each hallf of this dna the forms its own cell. This could happen rapidly with arceus, who would replicate a single stem cell on the outside of its body, this new cell would be the first of the newly forming pokemon (As an example ill pick heatran). This new cell would then clone split in 2 again, and then the stem cell would mutate into a metal scale for example. this would continue until a new pokemon was fully formed, at which point it could survive and break off from the host (arceus)

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I dont know, I think there are references to arceus laying eggs but im not sure. If this is wrong then ill go with standard cell replication. Animal organisms grow through a process called meosis, where the dna strand in a cell unravels and each hallf of this dna the forms its own cell. This could happen rapidly with arceus, who would replicate a single stem cell on the outside of its body, this new cell would be the first of the newly forming pokemon (As an example ill pick heatran). This new cell would then clone split in 2 again, and then the stem cell would mutate into a metal scale for example. this would continue until a new pokemon was fully formed, at which point it could survive and break off from the host (arceus)

Great. Nice theory.

I'm now going to presume that all Pokemon with the move Selfdestruct are a form of Apoptosis.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    not sure what that is, im only 16 lol. I doubt self-destruct would be that literal, but at the end of the day its fiction and the laws of biology and physics dont count. On that note im off to bed, Ill post again tomorrow
    Nite all :)

shining-Celebi

♥Ashley♥
    Years
    I think Arceus is not the all-seeing deity, but really just "a higher power".
    Maybe he was the first pokemon created(Hence "Alpha")by THE poke-god.
    Actually whose to say that this "deity" that created Arceus, didn't create Mew and Giratina, afterwards.

Arceus:Life/Creation
    Mew:Change
    Giratina: Death

^All is what is bound to happen/the sequence of life.

Then from them branched out the other legends.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    1.0 - Arceus: Creator(God)

Action #1: Creates a Universal Trio

2.0 - Palkia: Ruler Of Space
    2.1 - Groundon: Land Management
    *Regigigas(Ruler of Regi Trio)
    2.2 - Kyogre: Sea Management
    *Lugia - Sea Guardian(Ruler of Legendary Birds)
    2.3 - Rayquaza: Sky Management
    *Ho-oh - Rainbows(Ruler of Legendary Dogs)

3.0 - Dialga: Ruler Of Time
    3.1 - Celebi: Time Traveler
    3.2 - Jirachi: Wish Maker(1,000 years dormant?)

4.0 - Giratina: Ruler Of Life/Death
    4.1 - Mew: Ancestor Of All Pokemon(not already listed)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    celebi, gods have dieties not the other way round
    general, dialga and palkia were made at the same time, no pokes in between accordin to the game

Diageo

Corrupted...
    Years
    Where do u ppl get these according to the game information? I heard library before but I havent seen any libraries...

GeneralGuy

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    celebi, gods have dieties not the other way round
    general, dialga and palkia were made at the same time, no pokes in between accordin to the game
    Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina were created at the same time by Arceus. Then those three have sub-categories of pokemon that fit accordingly.

hannahmiley

Rock Star/Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    OK now, here's my first theory suggested, but covers all the legends:

In the beginning, there was nothingness (if it's even a word). Then, out of chaos came Arceus. He created 3 disciples, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Each of them were supposed to have a job each. Dialga and Palkia did their jobs of creating time and space respectively. However, Giratina did not want to help Arceus and instead, he rebelled. Hence, Arceus banished him to the underworld where he would become a devil. Then, soon after time and space were created, Dialga and Palkia lost control and started pandemonium. Arceus created the Powerpuff Girls (Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf) to quell the two. Dialga and Palkia were sent into a different dimension whuch was controlled by the PPGs.

Then, Arceus created Groudon and Kyogre on a ball of matter. These two would eventually shape the ball of matter into a planet. Then, the two could not get along and started fighting, most likely for territory. Arceus saw this and created two orbs, which quelled them and put them into a great slumber. Rayquaza was then created to create the skies and guard the Earth from internal and external threats.

After creating the skies, Rayquaza decided to regenerate his energy by slumbering. He created Ho-oh, who would guard the skies, and Lugia, who would guard the seas. Lugia and Ho-oh, created their own disciples. Lugia also created Manaphy, who would be the second guardian, thus explaining the "prince" title. Manaphy then had a son, Phione, who would be the third guardian. Then, Arceus created Regigigas, who towed the continents that Groudon created together. Regigigas then created his own disciples to help him fertilise the land with steel, rock, and ice. Regigigas then fell into a petrified state after draining his energy.

Then, Arceus created Mew and Shaymin, who would represent Pokemon and plants respectively. Pokemon decended from Mew while plants decended from Shaymin. Creating these took a lot of energy, especially Mew. Arceus gave up his power to learn all moves and gave it to Mew. Then, Arceus decided to regenerate in the Hall of Origin. This would leave him in the state he is now.

Shaymin flourished the land with flowers and created Celebi to guard them. He gave Celebi time travelling abilities, allowing him to guard ore effeciently. Mew gave birth to a lot of children, which are the Pokemon we see now. Mew also created humans, who would get along well with Pokemon. Darkrai and Cresselia were born from the dreams of people and Pokemon. Jirachi was born out of their wishes. Unknown to Mew, one Pokemon escaped from Earth and went to live in space. That Pokemon is Deoxys.

For Latios + Latias:
    They are rare Pokemon and are said to be legendary because they can control waves.

Heatran:
    Rare and last few of its kind. Cannot breed with Ditto because it lived so long ago that Ditto couldn't recognise its genetic structure.

GeneralGuy

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    OK now, here's my first theory suggested, but covers all the legends:

In the beginning, there was nothingness (if it's even a word). Then, out of chaos came Arceus. He created 3 disciples, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Each of them were supposed to have a job each. Dialga and Palkia did their jobs of creating time and space respectively. However, Giratina did not want to help Arceus and instead, he rebelled. Hence, Arceus banished him to the underworld where he would become a devil. Then, soon after time and space were created, Dialga and Palkia lost control and started pandemonium. Arceus created the Powerpuff Girls (Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf) to quell the two. Dialga and Palkia were sent into a different dimension whuch was controlled by the PPGs.

Then, Arceus created Groudon and Kyogre on a ball of matter. These two would eventually shape the ball of matter into a planet. Then, the two could not get along and started fighting, most likely for territory. Arceus saw this and created two orbs, which quelled them and put them into a great slumber. Rayquaza was then created to create the skies and guard the Earth from internal and external threats.

After creating the skies, Rayquaza decided to regenerate his energy by slumbering. He created Ho-oh, who would guard the skies, and Lugia, who would guard the seas. Lugia and Ho-oh, created their own disciples. Lugia also created Manaphy, who would be the second guardian, thus explaining the "prince" title. Manaphy then had a son, Phione, who would be the third guardian. Then, Arceus created Regigigas, who towed the continents that Groudon created together. Regigigas then created his own disciples to help him fertilise the land with steel, rock, and ice. Regigigas then fell into a petrified state after draining his energy.

Then, Arceus created Mew and Shaymin, who would represent Pokemon and plants respectively. Pokemon decended from Mew while plants decended from Shaymin. Creating these took a lot of energy, especially Mew. Arceus gave up his power to learn all moves and gave it to Mew. Then, Arceus decided to regenerate in the Hall of Origin. This would leave him in the state he is now.

Shaymin flourished the land with flowers and created Celebi to guard them. He gave Celebi time travelling abilities, allowing him to guard ore effeciently. Mew gave birth to a lot of children, which are the Pokemon we see now. Mew also created humans, who would get along well with Pokemon. Darkrai and Cresselia were born from the dreams of people and Pokemon. Jirachi was born out of their wishes. Unknown to Mew, one Pokemon escaped from Earth and went to live in space. That Pokemon is Deoxys.

For Latios + Latias:
    They are rare Pokemon and are said to be legendary because they can control waves.

Heatran:
    Rare and last few of its kind. Cannot breed with Ditto because it lived so long ago that Ditto couldn't recognise its genetic structure.
    The most accurate and reasonable explanation in this entire topic. Seriously, good job.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    yeah that all fits, not sure about giratina tho. I think being in the underworld/paralell world/whatever was his job

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back