• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's see how this site fares (RMT)

genesis42

King of kings
Years
  • MY TEAM!!!!!

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant - 252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

Scouts, destroys Gengars and stuff, pretty much just wrecks havoc. Max Hp gives Scizor a lot of durability allowing it to switch into many attacks.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    Jolly - 252 Atk, 248 Spd, 8 Hp
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake

This thing plans to come in late game when threats such as Pert, Hippo, Skarm, Gliscor, Luke, Scizor are gone or severely weakened. After 1 DD, it hits 363 Spd which outspeeds +115 Spd pkmn. Remainder of the EVs went in Hp. Standard coverage, StoneQuake + Crunch.

Gliscor @ Life Orb
    Sand Veil
    Jolly - 40 Hp, 252 Atk, 216 Spd
    ~ Fire Fang
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Roost
    ~ Earthquake

Sweep + Support Gliscor, sets up SR and can still take some notable physical hits. Hits 308 Spd which outspeeds Jolly Lucario. 40 EVs (which were the reamaining surprisingly) were placed in Hp to hit 301 Hp which allows Gliscor to only take 30 damage from LO's recoil. Fire Fang is there to stop Scizor, Forry, Zong etc...

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Guts
    Adamant - 252 Hp, 248 Atk, 8 Spd
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Ice Punch

Absorbs status and uses it to it's advantage, nothing usually switches safely into this guy. Max Hp for highest Leftovers number, 8 Spd to outspeed standard Bliss/Machamps and rest in Atk, went with Ice Punch > Stone Edge for Gliscor and also.. I don't really favour the 5 PP/80 acc.

Metagross @ Expert Belt
    Clear Body
    Naughty - 252 Atk, 120 Sp. Atk, 136 Spd
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ HP (Fire)
    ~ Earthquake

MixGross, deals with Pert, Hippo, Scizor, Forry and just hits hard overall with the surprise factor. Naughty so my Sp. Atk isn't hindered, 136 Spd allows me to hit 209 Spd which outspeeds all pkmn aiming to hit the 208 range, rest in Sp. Atk. Expert Belt > Life Orb because Gross needs the extra power but can't afford to lose the Hp.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold - 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spd
    ~ Surf
    ~ HP (Electric)
    ~ Wish
    ~ Protect

Stops a lot of pkmn that normally destroy my team or severly cripples it such as Gyara, Kingdra, Nape, Tran. Max Hp/Def to ensure I can take Gyara out.

MixMence still remains a threat to this team but is usually revenge killed or worn down with careful switching/prediction.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    Adamant - 44 Hp, 24 Atk, 252 Sp. Def, 188 Spd
    ~ Substitute/Earthquake
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stone Edge
    Ok, well you can run EQ over Sub if you want. I'm not saying it's necessary, although it stops various pokemon walling you.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    Jolly - 60 Hp, 252 Atk, 80 Def, 116 Spd
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Roost
    ~ Earthquake
    Fine. You might want to get D_A to check the EV Spread. He ran a similar set effectively.

Machamp @ Leftovers
    No Guard
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Dynamicpunch
    ~ Stone Edge/Ice Punch
    Ice Punch can help you to hit some threats that Stone Edge doesn't cover, such as Gliscor. Just an option.

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Clear Body
    Adamant - 16 Hp, 252 Atk, 112 Sp. Atk, 128 Spd
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Earthquake
    For the record, the standard spread is Naughty & 252 Atk/124 SAtk/132 Spd. Especially if you don't have a reason for your set, you may want to run 132 Spd, if not the others. Also, you can run HP Fire over TPunch, although I can understand if this is a Wifi team...
    Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed - 240 Hp, 216 Def, 52 Sp. Atk
    ~ Stealth Rock/Roar
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge/Roar
    Yeah, fine. Although you may want to run Roar over something, as you have no phazing/status support.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant - 88 Hp, 252 Atk, 168 Spd
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Much too fast. The most you want to run is 100 Spd for 0 Spd utility Heatran. (Update: You should only run that speed if you see it as an issue. Most are scarfed, anyway) You see, Bullet Punch solves the Spd issue. This way, you get to use your awesome typing and decent defenses.

Your team isn't bad, although you lack a solid way of dealing with Gyarados, among other things. You may also want to run some Specially based pokemon both for taking and dealing damage, or Cursers/Nasty Plotters give you huge problems.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • As Archer said, the main thing I see is a lack of Special Attacking/walling. Most of your team is physically based. I'd try to stick in a special sweeper somewhere...NP Mixape comes to mind since you have zero fire attacks on any of your pokes, which is never a good thing.

I also see a bit of a speed problem...besides your priority with Scizor and DD on T-Tar, this a very very slow team. I'd suggest at least getting a reliable revenge killer (At least something that can revenge gyra), but this team really needs a good, fast special sweeper.

It looks good, needs some work though.

Years
  • Sorry, I had to rush the end of my last post - the battery was dying...xD
    When you post an RMT, it would be good if you could post something about the Team you are posting. It should go something like this.

~Introduction
    ~Team Strategy
    ~Pokemon details
    - Explanation (EVs, moves, etc)
    - Team Role
    - Possible Changes
    ~Anything Else
    ~Changes Update

Of course these are optional, but they let us know what you are trying to do.

As for the team, I'll run a threat check.

Tyranitar
    Gyarados - Can set up on Gliscor and Scizor, you also have no real way of dealing with it. Swampert and Metagross are your only hopes, both of which will be unable to take repeated hits. A boosted EQ is really going to hurt Gross.
    Infernape - You have no real way of stopping it, and it can take down the majority of your team.
    Azelf
    Electivire
    Heracross
    Salamence - Mixmence concerns me the most. BB on TTar, Fire Blast on Scizor and Gross. DM on the rest.
    Togekiss
    Gengar
    Lucario
    Starmie - Metagross is your only real hope and Surf shoulf be a 2HKO.
    Weavile
    Dugtrio
    PorygonZ
    Machamp
    Snorlax
    Zapdos
    Suicune
    Breloom
    Slaking
    Ninjask
    Metagross
    Heatran
    Jirachi
    Dragonite
    Mamoswine
    Gallade
    Yanmega
    Kingdra - Can set up on and sweep most of your team. If it gets 2 DDs, then Metagross will have to deal with a high-powered Waterfall.
    Roserade
    Scizor
    Skymin
    Rotom

Ok, you have a reliable counter to the struckout pokemon. Bold are major threats and the rest are not a huge problem, although you lack a reliable counter.

Cresselia can take care of most of the threats there, as well as Porygon2, although that fails to Mixape. This set should work the best:

Cresselia
    @ Leftovers
    Calm | Levitate
    [
    252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD ]
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Cresselia can take care of most of the threats there, as well as Porygon2, although that fails to Mixape. This set should work the best:

Cresselia
    @ Leftovers
    Calm | Levitate
    [
    [/SIZE]252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD ]
    ~ Charge Beam
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

Just a note, without psychic infernape uses this as set up fodder. rest talk cress is set up fodder and probably THE worst rest talker in the game anyway, but thats another story.

What you could do is use Wish vappy >> Swampert. Who takes mixape AND Gyarados. 188 HP / 252 DEF / 70 SP.DEF @ Bold.

(Wish/Protect/Surf/HP Electric)

Then put SR on and make gliscor support with fire fang to beat up foe scizor. Since nothing benefits from sd passes really, since scizor has a cb thus is locked in, tar can dd all by itself, machamp ....why do you want to pass sd's to a rest talker ? So its just meta..which is kinda pointless just for ONE pokemon.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    252 HP / 42 DEF / 218 Speed
    Jolly Nature
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost

please.

Outspeeds + speed Ice Punch lucario too =], who does actually cause you problems.

Metagross is an ewww since its not doing not gonna be doing much...

252 Atk / 124 Sp.A / 132 Speed @Naughty@Expert Belt. Hidden power Fire >> t-punch.

108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe i find is the best ev spread on machamp (max hp / max att versions loose to cb tar)

Ill come back later for a better rate.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sand Stream
    Adamant - 44 Hp, 24 Atk, 252 Sp. Def, 188 Spd
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stone Edge

Too much slow for substitute, the ideal would be to insert Taunt to stop Pokémon as Bronzong/Skarmory
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    Jolly - 60 Hp, 252 Atk, 80 Def, 116 Spd
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Roost
    ~ Earthquake
    Nothing to be said, certain something in more defense in the Evses must be put, if the Lucario of turn adversary is in vein of predict? With those evses of candle you cannot last for ever.
    Machamp @ Leftovers
    No Guard
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Dynamicpunch
    ~ Stone Edge
    But because DPunch if it learns CChop/CCombat? To try an unexpected confusion? In the actual metagame where they turn guys as Skymin/Deoxys-E/Metagross it would be more opportune to aim to a sure damage more than to the hax.
    Metagross @ Life Orb
    Clear Body
    Adamant - 16 Hp, 252 Atk, 112 Sp. Atk, 128 Spd
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Earthquake
    I am a fan of the certain Metagross CBander not to twist the team you can also hold the actual solution.
    Swampert @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed - 240 Hp, 216 Def, 52 Sp. Atk
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Hydro Pump
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    I consider a waste of Evs to give Surf/HPump to Swampert, from the WFalls (and accordingly change the Evses), so much if from the the Taunt to Tyranitar you won't fear Skarmory anymore (HP Fight apart but it is rare).
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Adamant - 88 Hp, 252 Atk, 168 Spd
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit
    Mah Scizor has never been a monster of speed, I propose for the zero resetting of the Speed.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    That Machamp doesn't take Choice Band hits from Tyranitar as well as you'd think, consider using this EV spread: 252 HP/36 Att/216 Def/6 Spe.

I'd use Ice Punch over Stone Edge, but it's up to you.

As for the team, you have no real answer to Gyarados, in fact, you have absolutely no answer to it at all. It can 6-0 you with one DD under its belt. Use D_A's Vaporeon, or even Porygon2 (though Mixape gets by your defenses)

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • Farout..! I actually get quality help from here :D , unlike stupid Gamefaqs (yes, that's where I've transferred from just recently) >_>

Thanks for all the help guys, will update my team very shortly with explanations and stuff.

Also, can someone tell me how you insert pictures of your pkmn in the RMTs please? =/ Sorry to sound very newby when asking that....... lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Farout..! I actually get quality help from here :D , unlike stupid Gamefaqs (yes, that's where I've transferred from just recently) >_>

Thanks for all the help guys, will update my team very shortly with explanations and stuff.

Also, can someone tell me how you insert pictures of your pkmn in the RMTs please? =/ Sorry to sound very newby when asking that....... lol

Click on "EDIT", to edit your post and at the top click the >>
    , then paste the url of your image into the box.

If you have problems ill do it for you XP

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • Click on "EDIT", to edit your post and at the top click the >>
    , then paste the url of your image into the box.

If you have problems ill do it for you XP

Is there some site you guys use to search up the images or do you just google it?? lol

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • You can pick any picture you like as long as it looks good, but normally, pictures are either sprites or come from www.arkeis.com

As for your team, I don't need to really say anything for everyone has already said enough.

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • ian't post the sprites, D= It says I can only post links to URLs once I've posted more than 15 times....

ABYAY, your server never seems to have anyone there.. >_>

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Replacing Machamp made your team extremely vulnerable to Tyranitar. Dragon Dance sets can seriously harm you, and Scizor cannot switch into Stone Edge. Choice Banders are also scary, since it'll take out Cress with either Crunch or limit her effectivness with Pursuit.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • Use the EV Spread Darkthyplosion suggested for Vaporeon, a mere 68 S.Def isn't making a significant difference in terms of taking special threats better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Use the EV Spread Darkthyplosion suggested for Vaporeon, a mere 68 S.Def isn't making a significant difference in terms of taking special threats better.

Iv been experimenting with that ev spread and it takes the 64.76% chance Gyarados has to 2hko you with LO +1 EQ on the 188 hp / max def vappy variants and gives it a 90.53% chance to 2hko on your spread.

Looking over it again. If anything id just max hp and def @ bold which give the same LO + 1 gyarados only a 25.44% chance to 2hko.

Why people even need to invest sp.def evs is beyond me, mixape and heatran arnt getting past you regardless and it still looses to mixmence and even more so with no ice beam, so meh. I honestly dont get that. =x. And on a team THIS Gyarados weak vappy cant afford to cut its physical defensive qualities i feel. (My spread as just the standard before i did calcs with the sp.att evs in sp.def since it no longer needs them to ohko chomp as its uber and it doesnt have ice beam anyway X])

Anyways, On Tyranitar use jolly max speed /max att eq on the last slot so you outpace base 115's after a dd.

Lead with Scizor aswell since its generally a better lead.

Last edited:

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • Hmmm.... Yeah, I'm gonna chuck Machamp back in there place of Cressy, tried it out on Shoddy right now and all I can say is Steels, damn those Zongs, Gross's and Scizors. They wall you so badly forcing you to switch allowing them to set up or just smack your switch with one of there STABs, it's seriously not worth it, coverage is just horrible. That's leads me back to square one with Machamp.

Machamp @ Leftovers
    No Guard
    Adamant - 108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Adamant - 252 HP/36 Att/216 Def/6 Spe.
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ DynamicPunch
    ~ Stone Edge/Ice Punch

OR

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Guts
    Adamant - 108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Adamant - 252 HP/36 Att/216 Def/6 Spe.
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Cross Chop
    ~ Ice Punch

So Dark Azelf, You're saying that I should go 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spd For Vappys EV spread and none in Sp. Def? I should check if a Flash Fired Heatrans FB will be able to 2HKO in this case.

And with Tyranitar, Jolly - 252 Atk/Spd, 6Hp? StoneQuake, Crunch, DD? Also, would Tyranitar be best used as a late game sweeper?

Yeah I'll try out Scizor as a lead. Thanks for all this guys, much appreciated.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
  • How much does LO EQ do to 132/252 Bold Vaporeon anyway?

And most Vaporeon's aren't designed to take on Mixmence. If they were, they'd have Ice Beam.

Guts+Cross Chop is just plain bad on Machamp due to the 70% hit rate. The first set of the two is better here and the speed is actually rather useless on it IIRC.

Not seeing the point of the 191 Spd on Scizor. If it is utility Heatran and you switch in, they'll switch out as they'll know you're faster. Add to the fact of how rare the mentioned Heatran is and you are just making up a silly speed number and misplacing EVs.

Back