• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's talk about Gym leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I liked in the third Gen when you had a double battle against the seventh gym leader

They should do that in Black and White, but the two gym leaders should have different types to complement each other i.e: fire and Water

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
    Here's what I think the gym order should be:
    -Normal, as it can be easily defeated by any of the three starters.
    -Electric, so we can see the new Pokemon "Gear" in action
    -Steel, As the trainer's challenge
    -Ice, just to put three there
    -Psychic, to rival a dark type gym
    -Dark, to rival the psychic gym
    -Fire
    -Dragon

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    My gym leader list goes like this

1:Bug
    2:Ground
    3:Poison
    4:Steel (no steelix though)
    5:Rock
    6:Dragon
    7:Dark
    8:Fire

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My other idea was to make gyms part of the terrain, so instead of having to enter a building you have to climb a mountain!! Wild pokemon battle included!! That way you could even return to the gym to train!![/QUOTE]
    They did something sorta like that i HGSS when blain's gym was destroyed by a volcano so they momentarily put it in seafoam cave.
    I agree with everyone supporting a dark type gym. The dragon type gym is a good idea, but it needs to be at a point in the game where you have access to ice and steel types besides the starters if one evolves into one of these types. If not, then it would be the hardest gym in pokemon history

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
    Years
    has there even been a fire type gym in any of the gens? Not that i can think of but i may be wrong. If not then a fire type gym would deffo be a great idea. Also would to see a dark type gym and possibly another flying one.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    has there even been a fire type gym in any of the gens? Not that i can think of but i may be wrong. If not then a fire type gym would deffo be a great idea. Also would to see a dark type gym and possibly another flying one.

Blaine from Kanto and Flannery from Hoenn were Fire type gyms

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well these games have the same theme as Ruby and Sapphire did...Yin and Yang so why not another double gym, this time let's hope it's dark ;)

Fire and Electric gym would be the final gym? that would be epic... but what if somewhere we had a triple gym? with triplets as the gym leaders? Like the Cerulean Sisters but with all 3 of them :)

You guys really should look at the map to determine what leader's types will be and in what order it makes more sense then randomly yelling out types...

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    With 3-on-3 battles announced, I think we will probably see a Triple gym leader in order to promote the new system, just like Tate and Liza promoting double battles in Gen III.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I would like to see a dark type gym and a bug type gym early on in the game, or even a psychic early on, I am fed up of rock type gyms all together now lol.. Also I agree with a few others here that the gym leaders should have more prominent roles in the game. It is pretty boring that you go in the gym battle the leader and thats that.
    the first gym should be the dragon type :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    With 3-on-3 battles announced, I think we will probably see a Triple gym leader in order to promote the new system, just like Tate and Liza promoting double battles in Gen III.
    I can certainly see that happen. I'm hoping they weren't like Tate and Liza were (twins, I believe?) and not triplets. Maybe something along the lines of three really annoying and hyper best friends. You know? The type of girls that get so excited about things, scream, jump, etc. One of the things I see lacking from a lot of gym leaders are emotion. Most of the gym leaders I find to be involved with the story line (apart from just being someone in their gym and you battling them once and never see them again) are the most forgettable, yet they're the ones who really show personality with just being outside of the gym.

I really hope they introduce a broader spectrum of gym leaders - not just gym leaders who appear to be between x - x with age. I hope they involve some sort of difficulty in it. With each generation (not the remakes) I noticed the gym leaders did get more challenging, but I'm hoping they add a little bit of S&M in there to make some of the leaders real hard.

Aside from a 3 on 3 gym, I don't think I can really speculate on the types of gyms that could be included. Seems a bit much - but I have to say that I agree with everyone else. I'm tired of rock gyms being first - or there at all. I hope they put an end to it in this generation.

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
    Years
    I thought the new gym leaders would have more than 3 pokemon and they would be a little harder to beat that way the games would be more challenging and I wouldn't have to finish it in 2 or 3 days.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I thought the new gym leaders would have more than 3 pokemon and they would be a little harder to beat that way the games would be more challenging and I wouldn't have to finish it in 2 or 3 days.

...so it took me a few hours to notice, oh well! :x

Please don't revive threads that haven't had posts for over 30 days. And this one hasn't had posts for like 10 months :(

Let's talk about Gym leaders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back